test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    You mean the monk who is taking the picture, right?

shiaika wrote: »
    Hahahaha! XD

I'll have to support that too.

+4,000 to Psionics

See I have supporters!

Psionics.jpg
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    A boob slider that goes not only to 11, which Cryptic always provides, but also to 1, which they never provide.
    Sounds good to me. I wished entertainment in Taverns like Hookers and Bards. Looks like you have advanced some of my thoughts.

I am deadly serious about prostitutes in the game and it is no joke. We discussed about it earlier and not every tavern need hookers. However a big city like Neverwinter could have 1-2 taverns with hookers.

Prostitutes existed even in old Baldurs Gate games. I am not so single minded. I also wished good Bard music entertainment/show in the taverns.
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hookers pack is confirmed to be released in the Bard's Tale expansion.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    See I have supporters!

Psionics is only unbalanced in pre-3E, when it was something random you got in addition to all your other stuff. In 3.X, psionics was weaker (and thus better balanced) than Wizards. In 4E, psionics is well in line with the rest of the power sources.

If we get Psionics, I'm sure it would be the 3.X/4E model, not the AD&D model.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Hookers pack is confirmed to be released in the Bard's Tale expansion.
    I doubt they have talked about expansion. I have said earlier that I am not interested to buy cosmetic stuff. However if Cryptic would release a Hookers Pack to buy that is Adults rated well that would be a bestseller and even I might make an exception to buy cosmetic things:p.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I doubt they have talked about expansion.....

It is already in talks actually. I think there was a post about it a while back regarding tweets.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A boob slider that goes not only to 11, which Cryptic always provides, but also to 1, which they never provide.

I'd prefer boob slider(s), I like my women a little unbalanced, like my personality.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    I'd prefer boob slider(s), I like my women a little unbalanced, like my personality.
    Yeah. Sure want boob slider.
    Sounds good to me. I wished entertainment in Taverns like Hookers and Bards. Looks like you have advanced some of my thoughts.

I am deadly serious about prostitutes in the game and it is no joke. We discussed about it earlier and not every tavern need hookers. However a big city like Neverwinter could have 1-2 taverns with hookers.

Prostitutes existed even in old Baldurs Gate games. I am not so single minded. I also wished good Bard music entertainment/show in the taverns.
  • Options
    drewbert1drewbert1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A henchmen system supporting at least two henchmen so you can play through some of the more dialogue intensive and story driven custom content solo. This is needed as most players simply charge ahead with zero reguard for such things. I don't even care that this is an MMO... the whole premise of the foundry and custom content will fail unless you can do this imo.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Please endgame! Want that. If you play hardcore 40 hours/week it should take at least many months to reach maximum Power in Neverwinter. I hate casual carebear games like Guild Wars 2 where you max your character in less then 2 weeks.
  • Options
    kheallerkhealler Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Endgame
    Player Housing
    Guild Halls/Guild Villages
    Fishing
    Gnome tossing contests (halflings are too light for this)
    Lore based seasonal activities for every ingame city
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Please endgame! Want that. If you play hardcore 40 hours/week it should take at least many months to reach maximum Power in Neverwinter. I hate casual carebear games like Guild Wars 2 where you max your character in less then 2 weeks.

You could play DDO. I heard it takes a while to level up in that game (no boosts, etc.)
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You could play DDO. I heard it takes a while to level up in that game (no boosts, etc.)

Somebody maxed a character with boosts in only 36 hours I think.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

As much as I would like to see it take some serious time to level up to max level I will have a heart attack from surprise if it takes more than 2 weeks for the first person to hit max. I expect a few thousand people to be max level in 3 weeks. It makes me sad but it will most likely be true :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    However this is not silly Guild Wars 2 where you max your character in less then 2 weeks! No instead realistic is that if you play 40 hours/week then it will take many months to maximize a character. I will create many characters.

Did the Devs say this somewhere that it would take that long? I really hope they did, do you have a link to an interview or a post?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    As much as I would like to see it take some serious time to level up to max level I will have a heart attack from surprise if it takes more than 2 weeks for the first person to hit max. I expect a few thousand people to be max level in 3 weeks. It makes me sad but it will most likely be true :(

True. Race to max level will always be of 2 weeks.

But I think it will take much more to play all the official content in game at level.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    True. Race to max level will always be of 2 weeks.

I really hope it is not though. But I really hope they don't limit the leveling speed by limiting the number of hours in a day or exp in a day. I really hope they just make the amount ok xp per level needed high. One thing that I did hear is the limit on UGE content and that to stop exploits they limited it to 4 hours worth of rewards in a day in STO. That totally pisses me off, such a bad system.
  • Options
    huntresslilithhuntresslilith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    1) I want player options from the Supplement books Heroes of the Feywild and Heroes of Shadow.

2) Options from the racial book for Tieflings.

3) Classes and Paragon Paths from the Player's Handbook 2.
  • Options
    castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A simple RP flag so other role players can know I'm IC at a glance.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    castagyre wrote: »
    A simple RP flag so other role players can know I'm IC at a glance.

Good idea. And Castagyre is a frigging awesome reference form the Highlander movie. +100 for that.
  • Options
    castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Good idea. And Castagyre is a frigging awesome reference form the Highlander movie. +100 for that.

Thanks, Sunda Kastagir is part of the inspiration for the name.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013

Based on the ingenuity of players, I will be shocked if the first person doesn't hit cap BEFORE launch, thanks to 5 days of early access.

Now, the first person to hit cap without subsequently being penalized for exploiting, that's another issue...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Based on the ingenuity of players, I will be shocked if the first person doesn't hit cap BEFORE launch, thanks to 5 days of early access.

Now, the first person to hit cap without subsequently being penalized for exploiting, that's another issue...

It is money in the bank to bet the first person to hit 60 gets penalized for exploiting :)
  • Options
    daxonkhaeddaxonkhaed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    just in case this hasnt been mentioned.....one word to sum it all up.....UNDERMOUNTAIN.

yeah yeah I know the main entrance is in waterdeep but still.....UNDERMOUNTAIN!!!!!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure some person will cap quickly if that is their goal. Now how long will it take to complete every known mission and achievement coded at launch, that I have no idea. THAT I would be curious in seeing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The ability to turn off player names, guild associations, word balloons, health/endurance bars, etc, etc, etc, and all other immersion breaking things. Also, those darn labels and whatnot clutter the screen. Can't see the GAME for the darn NAMES floating around!! :)

In counterpoint to the "40 hours a week of play"....some of us have jobs. And school. Personally I hold down a part time job (25+ hours a week) and I attend community college for 15 credits per semester until the end of this year. So I'm up to 60 hours/week without adding in gaming. IMHO, it's a Very Bad Thing to not be able to see some kind of progression when you're a casual player by necessity, and your proposal will definitely give casual gamers the cold shoulder. STO, CO and NWO can't afford to do that, as I'd be willing to wager a week's pay that roughly half the playerbase of the other two games under Cryptic's wing are populated by casual gamers.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    The ability to turn off player names, guild associations, word balloons, health/endurance bars, etc, etc, etc, and all other immersion breaking things. Also, those darn labels and whatnot clutter the screen. Can't see the GAME for the darn NAMES floating around!! :)

In counterpoint to the "40 hours a week of play"....some of us have jobs. And school. Personally I hold down a part time job (25+ hours a week) and I attend community college for 15 credits per semester until the end of this year. So I'm up to 60 hours/week without adding in gaming. IMHO, it's a Very Bad Thing to not be able to see some kind of progression when you're a casual player by necessity, and your proposal will definitely give casual gamers the cold shoulder. STO, CO and NWO can't afford to do that, as I'd be willing to wager a week's pay that roughly half the playerbase of the other two games under Cryptic's wing are populated by casual gamers.

I work 60 hours a week minimum at one job and have about 10 hours of commute time. I also have a work at home 20 hour a week part time job.

Why exactly does it give the causal gamer the cold shoulder? Just because you don't hit max level in 2 weeks doesn't mean you don't see progression, it might not be 2 levels a night but it doesn't mean that is not progression. It doesn't hurt a casual gamer in any way if it takes longer to get to max level (Unless your only goal is to get to max level). However it does hurt the hardcore gamer if it takes a very short amount of time and they run out of things to do. I am obviously a casual gamer and I would love it if it took 300 playing hours to hit max level. So I wouldn't say "definitely give causal gamers the cold shoulder", maybe some casual gamers and most of the people I game with would agree. Just because someone is a casual gamer doesn't mean they don't want long play times to get to max level.

I am getting tired of the 40 hours and done idea that is so pervasive in most computer games these days and really really hope that is not the case with NWO.

I don't consider grinding rep for hours or grinding monsters for hours to get 10,000 kills for an achievement, content, fun or something that should be added to game play time calculations.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Those who explore get the completion rewards. Take your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I expect the foundry to go nutz with content....so how can you "complete every known mission", when they are going to just breed like tribbles!!
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why exactly does it give the causal gamer the cold shoulder? Just because you don't hit max level in 2 weeks doesn't mean you don't see progression, it might not be 2 levels a night but it doesn't mean that is not progression.

The problem I have with slow leveling is that leveling is often easy and really boring. In MMOs, the real game tends to only start at cap.

If there's truly challenging and interesting content all the way up, then working my way up slowly would be fine. But if it's stupid "slay X mobs" quests, or worse "slay mobs till you get X things that don't drop reliably", until we get to end-game raids with actually interesting gameplay, then slow leveling would probably get me to drop the game.

So as a person with a casual gamer's amount of time to play, and a hardcore gamer's love of challenging and intricate gameplay, slow leveling could be a problem for me.
This discussion has been closed.