test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founder's Pack - Report Purchase Issues Here!

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Ummm, hmm...not sure how you're figuring that. First off there's no sales tax on the Founders Packs for US Citizens. The United States doesn't tax on these types of transactions (yet).

That being said the US Tax, if it applied, wouldn't come off of the European VAT. You are responsible for 100% of the VAT so I am not sure why you're subtracting 10%. Using the values you supplied, which are subject to change day to day, you are currently being charged 24.9% for the VAT.

Why 24.9% and not 21%? My best guess it that it has to do with the fact Euro and Dollar Values change on a day to day basis. When I was doing the math a few days ago the values were at 20% and a week ago they were 27%. If you want any more information you would have to contact Support but I assure you that you must pay the complete VAT. Cryptic/PWE is not responsible for your county's taxes.

Hope this clears up at least a bit of the discrepancy!
  • Options
    gimeg01gimeg01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not an issue as much a question - I bought the Hero of the North pack for the spider mount, but don't necessarily want to have a drow character. Is it possible to have a dwarf or other race on my mount or must I play a drow to use the mount? Same with the pet.
    Also is the drow race going to be available to the general public or noly to those who have the Hero pack?
    Thanks
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Everyone gets access to drows we get a "Menzoberranzan Rebel" drow with a special costume and "Faerie Fire" ability.

Spider Mount and Panther will be available for every character you make.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    discorddiscorddiscorddiscord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    I bought guardian and starter packs, how comes i cant see this above my avatar?
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought guardian and starter packs, how comes i cant see this above my avatar?

Log out and in to your account and go to User CP -> Permission Groups.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    stuntieukstuntieuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    UK Hero Founders pack prices
  • Options
    stuntieukstuntieuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stupid forum ate most of my previous post!

UK Hero Founders pack prices are (British Pound) GBP 15 more expensive than they should be - why such a discrepency?

Rounding for ease USD 199 + 20 percent = USD 240.
    USD 240 = GBP 154.
    But we get charged GBP 169 - GBP 15 more.

How come? That is a lot more than the 20 percent VAT there.

Also, Why do we get charged in Euros (which are also a chunk more than the 20 percent VAT rate) via a Dutch site?
    Why not direct in dollars.
    We getting slammed for double commission/coversion rates or something?
  • Options
    sharresssharress Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will there be any other payment options in the future? I have tried to buy a Founders pack from both Paypal and Skrill and neither will complete the transaction. I tried using a prepaid Mastercard and prepaid Visa on both and they will not accept either card. I called my card companies for both and they both told me the same thing " we have no idea why it isn't being accepted."

Edit- Just double checked my card by buying some Zen and it worked fine. I have no idea why Paypal and Skrill refuse to process them.
  • Options
    illdeathilldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was able to complete my Guardian of Neverwinter purchase just fine but as you can see there is no title under my name and i am unable to download the game client (yea i realize it isnt a beta weekend but i figure you can download the client so its ready for when the next beta weekend is up) The website does take notice of my purchase when i go back to the founders purchase part. I get the message saying "Thank you for supporting Neverwinter!
    You may still purchase Neverwinter Starter Kits, or you can pick up a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for additional content!" any help would be amazing!

EDIT* i have also tried everything on the list of fixes and none of them work.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sharress wrote: »
    Will there be any other payment options in the future? I have tried to buy a Founders pack from both Paypal and Skrill and neither will complete the transaction. I tried using a prepaid Mastercard and prepaid Visa on both and they will not accept either card. I called my card companies for both and they both told me the same thing " we have no idea why it isn't being accepted."

Did you register the prepaid/gift card first? A lot of cards ask to be registered with the company's website and payment companies may not accept it for fraud reasons until you do, PP and Skr included.
    illdeath wrote: »
    I was able to complete my Guardian of Neverwinter purchase just fine but as you can see there is no title under my name and i am unable to download the game client (yea i realize it isnt a beta weekend but i figure you can download the client so its ready for when the next beta weekend is up) The website does take notice of my purchase when i go back to the founders purchase part. I get the message saying "Thank you for supporting Neverwinter!
    You may still purchase Neverwinter Starter Kits, or you can pick up a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for additional content!" any help would be amazing!

EDIT* i have also tried everything on the list of fixes and none of them work.

Did you actually go into your User Control Panel and choose your forum title as noted here, or did it not give you an option? If it did not, you will need to contact support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sharresssharress Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Edit - I resolved the issue and was able to finally complete the purchase.
  • Options
    chafailechafaile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    189.99 euro for the big package.

1$= 1.35 euro

189.99x1.35 = 256,4865 dollar,

fair, dont think so personally

exchange rates change constantly, plus, isn't there a VAT added in there? USD is not EURO and any exchange rate is subject to supply and demand. There is nothing fair or unfair in it at all.
  • Options
    illdeathilldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Did you actually go into your User Control Panel and choose your forum title as noted here, or did it not give you an option? If it did not, you will need to contact support.

yes i tried that there is no "Permission Groups" option under My Account
  • Options
    cyadkinscyadkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok it may have been addressed somewhere in the multiple pages of posts in this thread, but i am trying to buy a Hero of the North founder pack and i keep getting the
    The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number

I have made sure the link to my paypal account did not have this card on it but i am still getting this error.

I also tried Skrill...but they do not have my state listed in the state list for my address ...( its WEST virginia...it is a separate state...noone seems to know that...) Please help i really want to get this.
  • Options
    deadlierinsanedeadlierinsane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I've read about folks complaining about the 25%~ increase in price from USD to Euro, and I get the same super high increase in price for the founders package, I am in fact not living in the European Union. I live in Norway. Could you guys please change the currency I pay with to Norwegian Kroner, or just plain old USD? I will not pay for anything if it thinks I live in the EU and have to pay their taxes, there's enough of those where I live.

Thanks in advance, because I know you guys don't want to lose a customer, right? Right???
  • Options
    dudikusdudikus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guardian of Neverwinter it gives me account error and I am unable to log in. /No start, patch, cancel button in launcher/
  • Options
    feenahofysfeenahofys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello,

I would really like to purchase the founderspack (55 euro one) but everytime i do with paypal or skrill i get on paypal an error that the transaktion cannot be processed and then on skrill my account is locked.. but is there any simple way to transfer the money directly without skrill or paypal? from bank to bank? i have the money to pay for a founderspack but this issue with my skrill account and paypal is really unnerving... =/ if anyone could provide me with a solution it'd be much appreciated

Thanks
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    *snip*

Sadly I have no information on that. Best chance is to contact support.
    dudikus wrote: »
    Guardian of Neverwinter it gives me account error and I am unable to log in. /No start, patch, cancel button in launcher/

That's because the Closed Beta is only open for certain periods of time. The next time the servers will be open for beta testing is March 8th. Check out the Closed Beta Schedule for more details.
    feenahofys wrote: »
    is there any simple way to transfer the money directly without skrill or paypal? from bank to bank? i have the money to pay for a founderspack but this issue with my skrill account and paypal is really unnerving...

Sadly those are the only two payment methods. This may be a cross-country permissions error without knowing any more details. Could you please provide us with the exact error message?
  • Options
    hateashburyhateashbury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    VAT just put me off a Hero purchase, and while I realize it may not be your fault; a 50 dollar increase is absurd.
  • Options
    harekazeharekaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I have an issue. I've been reading that Cryptic puts "exclusive" items into the cash shop sometime after release. I'd prefer my exclusive items to stay exclusive and be only available to the people willing to support the game. Just my two cents, obviously not going to be taken into consideration, because I'm one in a million.
  • Options
    j4utnj4utn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    VAT just put me off a Hero purchase, and while I realize it may not be your fault; a 50 dollar increase is absurd.

Completely agree and what concerns me more is how much extra everyone outside of the US will be paying when making purchases through the in-game "store" after release!

Free to play isn't looking so enticing anymore.

I hope the Americans enjoy the game and that the Europeans find somewhere else to spend their money that is much fairer.

The response is always sales tax etc but I know of no other games on this planet that have such a huge discrepancy on pricing between US and the rest of the world.

It seems the culture that the US can fine and penalise every company and person that isn't US owned, whilst turning a blind eye to their own huge mistakes that has affected everyone on the planet (the 4 big US banks have a debt greater than the whole of the worlds GDP, never mind that the US just keeps extending it's "overdraft" because they can't afford to stop making the rich richer), has spread to gaming too lol.

Check it out, fines for BP, RBS, HSBC and Samsung to name a small quantity. But brought in over 3 billion dollars so far. The US have become business pirates! Yarrr... :)

Maybe I went a bit off topic here......ah well.

Can't PWE just set up an office in Luxembourg so they don't have to pay taxes like Starbucks / Amazon etc..?
  • Options
    feenahofysfeenahofys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sadly those are the only two payment methods. This may be a cross-country permissions error without knowing any more details. Could you please provide us with the exact error message?

on paypal the error is "the transaction could not be processed/the transaction failed" and on skrill when i use local payment options it says payment failed
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    J4utn,

The reason American doesn't pay taxes on this is the simple fact that American Politicians still view the internet and video games the same way my grandfather does. In short they are way behind in technological understanding. The lack of taxes is more an insult to American politicians than anything else and has no relevance on US companies. Your not being charged tax for reasons other than your governmental laws and the lack of US Laws.
    feenahofys wrote: »
    on paypal the error is "the transaction could not be processed/the transaction failed" and on skrill when i use local payment options it says payment failed

Yeah. Your bank might automatically be denying the payment as potential fraud. Call them and ask if that is the case and get back to us.
  • Options
    hateashburyhateashbury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    j4utn raised a valid concern. Will this tax carry over to the in-game/ZEN shop? I don't know how PWE handles the monetization in their other games, but PWE hasto find a way to neutralize the costs before the rest of the F2P swarm gets here.

As I said before, this has already put me off a founder purchase, so it should definitely be in PWE's interest.
  • Options
    pzychpzych Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been trying to purchase the heart of the north pack, and skrill keeps giving me problems with recognizing my card, when I contacted skrill, the guy demanded a credit card bill before processing my payment, are they ever going to get payment processors that aren't evil? because I'm really going to be annoyed if I can't purchase any of this game simply because they screwed up in deciding who should handle their purchasing system

btw, their yelp review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/moneybookers-usa-inc-brooklyn
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Psych, that sounds like it's a Pre-paid Card which hasn't been registered for online payments?

Most issues through this thread dealing with unrecognized cards have been solved by following the registration process supplied by the pre-paid card manufacturer.
  • Options
    slimey01slimey01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Skrill are declining.
    My card is not a pre-paid.
    Works on all other purchases, guess Skrill dont want you to have my money.

You could ask for a better start. I know, I do.
  • Options
    vuzetheory904vuzetheory904 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nevermind got it! Thanks. Well worth the money <3
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I created an account for Neverwinter last night. This morning i purchased the Hero of the North pack. While the transaction completed, i got an email saying i needed to "redeem" my founder's pack, but then i just get the "Display Name Conflict" error page. I just created this account last night. I do not have any options for changing my forum title as described in the op of this thread. I have logged out, closed my browser, and rebooted my computer, still no "permissions" option.

In looking for information, i realized that STO also uses Cryptic. I tried STO back in 2010, just the free-trial. I was able to locate an email from 2010 showing my account name, which is different from the account name i used last night. When i tried to "link" the accounts, i have no idea what my password for the STO account was, and cannot reset it because when i enter my email address, the system only recognizes the account i created last night for Neverwinter. Entering my email address only accesses this account username and password information, even though it's the same email i used in 2010 for the STO account. Is this why i'm having trouble? And if so, what can i do about it?

Edit/update: I just went ahead and typed in a new "Display Name," then finally everything else showed up. But, my display name here on the forums is still the same, it didn't change to the new display name i typed in. Oh well, i got pretty blue letters now. :)
  • Options
    grimleighgrimleigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't mind the prices including VAT, I do object to being forced to pay in Euros, so I'll be avoiding this game and playing the myriad of F2P games out there that allow me to pay in the currency of my choice without extortionate charges being levied on top.
This discussion has been closed.