test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    gun11011gun11011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes! I will be checking it out. It is why Neverwinter is the most anticipated MMO of 2013.
  • Options
    arcadess86arcadess86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will try my hand at the foundry, i enjoyed making your own maps and campaigns in nwn, I'm also looking forward to try other people's Content they create in the Foundry.
  • Options
    tarniquetarnique Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh yeah, i'm itching to have a play with the foundry. I am a part of a small cross-game guild known as dreadbane, and we recently got back into nwn2. The main reason we got back into it was due to myself and another of the team creating content with the content creator. We all had a hankering for some D&D, but are all too far away from each other to have a decent Pen and paper game going. So NWN2 gave us heroes the chance to band together in a D&D scene once more. We are all pretty excited about getting to play the next installment, long live Neverwinter!
  • Options
    zeostezeoste Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im lookin forward to this feature, trying out what people of made and also seeing people try something i have made. i can see me playing alot of hours on just this feature :D
    twitch.tv/zeoste
    twitter @Zeoste
  • Options
    starelfstarelf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely. Foundry offers nearly unlimited potential for both personal enjoyment and creative content we might wish to offer ourselves as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kevinwinterkevinwinter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh heck yeah! To both questions! The Foundry is the kind of thing that has the potential to keep a game fresh for many years AND provides the one thing that is crucial to D&D: the ability to tell your own story!
  • Options
    neurologics3neurologics3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course. I'd love to play Foundry content and make some myself. The ability to make your own levels seems quite fascinating, as well as being able to play what others have created, as well.
  • Options
    chinzogeechinzogee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely! Can't wait to see what creative minds can come up with. I myself will be creating a lot of content, as well. As an avid old school D&D fan (I am 40!) I can hardly wait!
  • Options
    naeuuinnaeuuin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely, that is one of the major draws that brings me here. the content the players will make will be absolutely great. I plan on making some of own content. I can surely see clans or guilds using it as a test to accept applicants.
  • Options
    demonknight33demonknight33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely be playing foundry content, and will probably try my hand at creating foundry content at some point in time.
  • Options
    epacoepaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely!
    Eager to see what the minds of other players come up with.
  • Options
    gksmithlcwgksmithlcw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

To the first question, most definitely. The fun of D&D is in the DM and the module. One of my absolute favorite games of all time was Neverwinter Nights and I spent much of my time in NWN playing on persistent world servers with DMs and other players.

As to the second question, I would certainly like to. I've DMed in many tabletop games as well as in NWN and NWN2 so I'm certainly looking forward to exploring the tools and seeing what kind of time I can devote to such things.
  • Options
    poriahporiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heck yes I'm gonna try other player content! Along with that I'm going to create stuff based off Lore I created for my guild for guild events, etc
    The Bird of Hermes is my name. Eating my wings to make me tame.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really enjoy these contest, if this is the stuff already happening before launch, I sure hope stuff like this continues in game.

Foundry
    I am really really pumped about the foundry. I want to test, and want to play it. I even want to eat it and sleep with it! I want to know so much more about it!

Can we?
    -Put interactive NPCs in middle of dungeon(not monsters)?
    -Make two different paths with two different ends for more replay value?
    -Make group content that requires say only a cleric can open a door?
    -Put enemies on patrols?
    -Have a main boss at the end?
    -You have people change to werewolves at say 50% health?
    -As a guild, still run a duneon if its waiting to be approved?
    I have tons and tons of question!

So what better way then to actually jump in and test it myself. I can hardly wait for this feature even though I'm a very patient Dw.. man. I can't wait for guild nights in our own dungeons. I mean this just tickles me to death. I see many of adventures in our future I raise my ale and salute you FOUNDRY!!!

BWHAHAHAHAAHA DUNGEONS FULL OF DRUNKEN DWARVES!
  • Options
    mclaunmclaun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course. When the First Neverwinter nights was release it was awesome to log into random player generated worlds to play. I'm guessing foundry has the same flavor.
  • Options
    mushizomushizo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not only am I going to play Foundry content, i am also going to be making Foundry content... In fact, I'm so hyped about this that I had to go and buy ZEN in Star Trek Online to unlock the Foundry option there so i could try it out! :D

And I have to say im really impressed! I managed to make a short multi-step mission that involved talking to a lady and avoiding her temper (i was playing with the multi-dialogue options), finding a valuable object for her (okay, all you had to do was click a plant to find "it"... but still :P ) then return it to her and she promises to meet you in her quarters... once you're in there you have to drink a glass of "something", then proceed to the next room to meet here, but upon arrival you are greeted with an ambush by klingons (one of which was named Bad Klingy Guy... you gotta have a bad guy reference, i saw it in a neverwinter foundry dev video ;) )
    and finally when you've survived the ambush, you get to meet the woman who is animated to blow a kiss and the mission is over...

Simple? yes very much so, but still way more advanced than the cookie cutter standard kill 10 guys or get me 5 goat's horn quests we see in some other games!

I am looking forward to this feature in Neverwinter sooo much! :)
  • Options
    iaughteriaughter Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been seeing so many awesome things about this game. It isn't that I can't afford a pack but winning one would be awesome.

Yes, I will of course try content made by other players.

I shall bribe you with these treats I made. :3

It's a Peanutbutter Cup Brownie.

II3zL98.jpg
  • Options
    anur86anur86 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will be playing Foundry content. It sounds really cool.
  • Options
    grimwulfgrimwulf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes.
    I plan on playing alot of user content as well as creating my own!
  • Options
    julius888julius888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be playing the content definitely, still not sure if I'll be creating anything, but I just might.
  • Options
    syendersyender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    of course, I will love to see what people can create.
  • Options
    brandedwolfebrandedwolfe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely can't wait to try content made by others and try my hand and making some myself :)
  • Options
    bjarnibjarni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i already played some player created content, the Dweomerkeeper was as good or better than any other dungeon.
  • Options
    falconmarlzfalconmarlz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Playing the Foundry Is a 110% yes for me . We as players have great ideas and play abig part in how the game will unfold
  • Options
    essanaessana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I certainly plan to. I played a lot of player created content in the Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2 games, so I am sure there will be loads of creative players to make foundry content.
  • Options
    galindrothgalindroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definatly be trying foundry content especially since it ties in so seemlessly to areas with other quests, hopefully somewhere down the line i would like to try and create something with it if i can think of something cool to do
  • Options
    seeingsseeings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try peoples creations. Creating my own contents I'm not so sure about, but we will see.
  • Options
    ruviwynruviwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be trying content by others until I get more comfortable in the game, then I may try to create a few myself. The few that I had time to try during beta were pretty good, think they will only get better the closer to launch.
  • Options
    marcvinimarcvini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Foundry FTW!
    "I am Elminster of Shadowdale, called by some the Old Sage, and called far worse things by others."
  • Options
    harvest252harvest252 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dying to get my hands on the foundry, and my cleric!
This discussion has been closed.