test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What race will you play first in Neverwinter at launch?

Comments

• Options
    katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As I'll most likely be playing a Guardian Fighter, I'll probably be a Human or Dwarf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    delfimjrdelfimjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really want to make a Genasi
    Hope there is a lot to customize too, like glowing eyes and that tatoo-like race marks
  • Options
    warpr13stwarpr13st Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tough question.
    Since it's not fully launch i expecting more races to be release.
    I would want to try play every race if possible , but im most interested is in the Drow currently, since i usually play other races before in other games.
    Not sure what Class to be , since there isn't a list on the site.
  • Options
    jimbo124jimbo124 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am torn between a Drow Fighter/Rogue or a Drow wizard. It will be one or the other or both! :p
  • Options
    akichinakichin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My first race will be a Half-Elf:

Born by a human common man who managed to seduce a highborn elf maiden. Cast of from the elven society for the shame she felt, the mother raise him by her self in the forrest. The harshness of the land eventually takes its toll on the poor single mother and she dissapears one night when they boy has barely entered his teenage years. Forced to fend for himself he developes a general distrust for other people, but he also grows to be a natural adventurer who's one with the forrest that he calls his home. He is convinced that the fault of his mother's demise lies in his fathers hands. Thus he travels to the society of humans, cloaked in the role of an adventurer, to find and finaly end the one person who's responible for his grief.
  • Options
    noctournous93noctournous93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited February 2013
    Drow for me , most likely a drow wizard :D
  • Options
    tariboitariboi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i will go with Elf so agile and good looking
  • Options
    them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    MENZOBERRANZAN RENEGADE Drow....cause I can! GO HEROES OF THE NORTH!
  • Options
    magnifydotdkmagnifydotdk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm personally looking forward to a Tiefling, though I haven't chosen what yet. I'm leaning heavily towards Devoted Cleric or Rogue, if only because I'd love to put on a Swashbuckler persona for the guy.

Why a Cleric you ask? Because... well, D&D has really captured my attention due to the restrictions on the game that have lessened over the years. Where once all Celestials were kind and gentle, and all demons were vicious and destructive, you're starting to see reversals. Demons and Tieflings are becoming Heroes, and Angels and Paladins can become tight fisted, psychopathic Knights Templar that try to swallow everything into "absolute order". I started to wonder what caused it, but I'm starting to think the increased presence of Shin Megami Tensei may have had something to do with it. Where Lucifer was seen as Rebellious, seeking Chaos and Freedom, and YHVH/God was the ultimate form of Guardian... seeking Order and Law, to the point of tyranny.

I've never played a game of D&D in my life, save for the computer games (Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, DDO), but I've constantly used source material and wiki information to help me in building characters I've used for "role play" on websites/chatrooms. D&D has slowly become a massive presence in my life, both in helping me create, and in just general every day fun, and now I'd like to do it a favor back. I want to do the "Odd" characters, the ones who bend the system with uniqueness, and am deeply hoping that this game will find a way to accommodate that (Y'know, Tiefling Cleric...), so that I can write unique stories around my creations to flesh them out.

To be frank, it's not a first time for Cryptic to do this to me. My first big inspiration was City of Heroes, where I first started writing characters, becoming inspired by my own creations. Their powers lists made the baseline for their build, and the story just rapidly fleshed itself out as I built the character. Now I'm being allowed to do it all over again. No more racial restrictions to alignment or class, no more closed-off feeling where I could create something deeply unique. I've come to love the new direction of D&D, and Neverwinter has embraced 4E, so naturally, I greatly want a piece of whatever the game can give me.

... Oh, and by the by. Any "horny" jokes directed towards a certain Devoted Tiefling, and I'll be glad to let you feel my hate, my anger, and all of my sorrow over such poor puns by dropping the awesome power of my Chosen God's wrath in the form of his Shining Finger...
  • Options
    daranthereddaranthered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My first character is always, if possible, an elf. You might say I have a great deal of elf-respect.
  • Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to roll a tiefling. I always go for the least human-like race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashenstaffashenstaff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A halfling cleric is the way to go! Big blessings from a small priest - nothing better than the contrast of a huge role taken care of by the smallest playable race. Wait... will there be gnomes?!
  • Options
    lordtriganlordtrigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So many good choices, but I think I'll be looking forward to the Drow.
  • Options
    nutrionutrio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would an elf they seen so agile and quick moving
  • Options
    venomdemmevenomdemme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    A female Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter. Ever sence demonic blood races became playable in Planescape. I have wanted to play them in the bored game. Sadly I have not ben able to find any local groups that need another player. With the only other video game that let me have a demonic blood character in my party was Planescape: Torment. Shame Fall from Grace did not stack up so well to some of the other party members. Making it hard to choose her.

Which I have to say I was so sad as I am a fan of Jennifer Hale.
  • Options
    korbanhodkorbanhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    A tiefling will definately be the first race I will play.

Why you say? Because they replaced the king race of gnomes! So now I'm a tall gnome with horns... who can compete with that?! ;)

Beyond that Tielfling has never been available to play in a good game (nwn2 is not a good game!) and with the chance to start as a Tiefling makes way for a Tiefling Rogue. This opens for loads of possibilities to play the charming, sinister and cunning Half demon that cons his prey and assasinates his enemies :cool:
  • Options
    madsenistmadsenist Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely be playing a Drow!
  • Options
    kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    halfling theif. nothing beats being sneaky and small packing a punch. ;)
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • Options
    donotaskmynamedonotaskmyname Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like to play some agile mischievous race - Drows and Tieflings are my favorites. But if there was ever option to play a Pixie, it woud be awesome =)
  • Options
    r0ls0nr0ls0n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling of course!
  • Options
    panzerfaust91panzerfaust91 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ya'll go play those, I'll be spilling blood as Tiefling
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A Human Guardian Fighter. A pure classic.
  • Options
    daeghardaeghar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Usually played Elf or Half-Elf in my 27 years of gaming, but would like to try out Drow.
  • Options
    tonski96tonski96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Either Dwarf or Half-Elf , I still can't decide which will be better for a cleric. :D.
  • Options
    isildeisilde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd have to go with something new for me - tiefling.
  • Options
    brodersmertebrodersmerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely be playing a Tiefling as my first character. Always liked the race since I saw the first depiction of one by DiTerlizzi, and I was probably one of the only people in my circle of friends who actually liked what 4th Ed. did with them.

I just hope they're viable as greatweapon fighters :)
  • Options
    itsgetshuiitsgetshui Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most probably an Elf i always loved Elfs for some reason o.o
  • Options
    nerdluvinnerdluvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Human all the way!
  • Options
    sabotageturksabotageturk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling and Cleric :D Rush hourr!
This discussion has been closed.