test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make the call! The next 4 classes released are...

icosagonicosagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
We'll have 5 defacto classes to start in Guardian & Great Weapon Fighters, Devoted Cleric, Trickster Rogue, and Control Wizard. As the devs get these core classes down, it'll only be a matter of time before new classes are added. Let's say for a moment that you could make the call on which classes would be developed next, but you could only devote to one class for each role (Defender, Striker, Controller, Leader). Which 4 would you choose?

1. Swordmage
2. Ranger
3. Druid
4. Warlord
Post edited by icosagon on

Comments

• atrophiedatrophied Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tough call... I think I got it though,

Leader = Paladin (Still exist in 4ed, right?)
    Striker = Warlock / Ranger
    Controller = Druid
    Defender = Anything else that defends really. lol
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I think they will be Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, and Druid, not necessarily in that order.
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Ranger
    Paladin
    Warlock
    Monk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    My predictions (well, rather my hopes for the next four, in order of most desired by me):
    1. Druid
    2. Swordmage OR Warlock (I would like either or equally)
    3. Ranger
    4. Bard
  • ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    1. Archery Ranger
    2. Protecting Paladin
    3. War Wizard
    4. Battle Cleric

Hard to say if it matches 1:1 because the Paladin is a Leader-- but Protecting Paladin is Defender-sland the same way a GWF is a Defender with a Striker slant. Needless to say they need to at least get the iconic (Pal/Ranger) classes in and also finish up the remaining secondary for the classes.
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My hopeful predictions are:

Bard
    Monk
    Druid
    Shaman
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited February 2013
    Archery Ranger
    Scourge Warlock
    Battle Cleric
    Paladin
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    We can't be confused by definitions now. Does the OP mean "which classes will the devs work on/add next?" or "which builds will the devs work on/add next?"

Based on screenshots and coding, we've seen:
    Fire-based mage (War Wizard), Ranger, Dragonborn race (I'd guess Sorcerer or Warlock for class with it), 1H blunt weapons (which aren't exactly applicable with GF's Stab attack, so I'm thinking Battle Cleric), NPCs that use bow and arrow (so they must at least have the animation done for archers). Sorry for the lack of list, I'm just thinking logically for a second....
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Archery Ranger
    Scourge Warlock
    Battle Cleric
    Paladin

This, maybe not in this order, but this. Warlock has already been shown in some pics, Ranger was already announced-ish. Same for Battle Cleric.

The paladin is going to be a protecting and virtuous build, imho. Since the game needs another tank, i suppose the paladin will go out first.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    some media did say there will be 8 classes total ,so probably last 3 will come with first game expansion and yeah battle cleric , paladin ,warmage,or archer i think will be
  • wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    This, maybe not in this order, but this. Warlock has already been shown in some pics, Ranger was already announced-ish. Same for Battle Cleric.

The paladin is going to be a protecting and virtuous build, imho. Since the game needs another tank, i suppose the paladin will go out first.

Well, from objects in the game we know there is going to be a nature based class added soon. We have the arcane class already, the dungeoneering class, the thievery class and the religious class. Only one I don't see currently in game is the nature class..which means either druid or ranger is going to need to be added soon.

I'm hoping for a good ranged based class, although I think the Control wizard will fill that role at least to some degree. A ranger would be nice and fill the nature based slot though.
    edited February 2013
    wulfster42 wrote: »
    Well, from objects in the game we know there is going to be a nature based class added soon. We have the arcane class already, the dungeoneering class, the thievery class and the religious class. Only one I don't see currently in game is the nature class..which means either druid or ranger is going to need to be added soon.

I'm hoping for a good ranged based class, although I think the Control wizard will fill that role at least to some degree. A ranger would be nice and fill the nature based slot though.

Ranged Ranger is a good candidate for Nature + Ranged dps class.

In 4e it was basically the purest striker in the game, on par with its melee companion.

St. Augustinus
  • gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ranger
    Bard
    Druid
    Battle-Mage
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ranger Warlock Paladin Bard

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • cohinorcohinor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ranger
    Monk
    Bard
    Druid
    "Only fools dare think, that when the curtains of stage have fallen, that the play is over"
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    Archer ranger
    paladin
    warlock
    and battle wizard
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    I dont see bard and druid coming fast since they are in the second Phb and they might be trieing to import those from the first Phb first
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As people have said we know the next one is probibly
    Ranger. is an when not an if due to nature items plus we dont have a ranged DPS/strikeryet they also go good with drow
    Monkwould be what id prefer for next tank but it will probibly be palidin/battlecleric
    Druid would be my favorate for next controler but it may be tricky to code not sure what else is a controler
    Bard would be my leader choice with lore skill object

Ive also heard a lot of rumers about warlock so who knows.
  • volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In game was clickable objects that requres "nature" skill so i choose:
    - druid.

And then, probably ranger. Paladin is not needed, Guardian Fighter is almost same concept.
    Battle wizard/warlock? Already there (control wizard with proper paragon path)
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ranger [Martial Striker] (two-weapons... hey, it's MY list!!)
    Paladin [Divine Defender]
    Druid [Primal Controller]
    Bard [Arcane Leader]
    edited February 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    Paladin is not needed, Guardian Fighter is almost same concept.

Hardly. The guardian fighter is a completely different concept, since it doesn't even require affiliation to a code of conduct.
    Battle wizard/warlock? Already there (control wizard with proper paragon path)

Warlock is a completely different thing. It's a spellcaster that gets power from a deal with a powerful overworldly entity. The wizard is "merely" a scholar.

St. Augustinus
  • jimhonjimhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited February 2013
    1. Battle Cleric
    2. War Wizard
    3. Brawny Rogue
    4. Archer Ranger

What do I win? :P
  • morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    jimhon wrote: »
    1. Battle Cleric
    2. War Wizard
    3. Brawny Rogue
    4. Archer Ranger

What do I win? :P

This is my list as well, but 4 doesn't leave place for the Two-weapon Ranger.

I see Cryptic finishing the main classes builds first. They require the less "work", because their skills and "special" ability are already in the game. They just have to do powers and special animations.
  • hundredhandslaphundredhandslap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    I think a bow class is the next given.

But I'm not familiar with DnD, just speaking from a gameplay perspective. Is a "leader" class a buffing class? If so it's the one role that's missing so I imagine one will roll out reletively quick, too. A Bard would be pretty interesting with this combat engine. I also think (short term) another tank and healing class would come before more DPS.

Personally I'd like to see a melee Cleric, Paladin, Druid, and Bard.
  • seashell9seashell9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Ranger - Ranged combat - Striker
    2. Cleric / Warlord - Melee - Leader role
    3. Paladin / cleric - Melee - Defender
    4. Cabalist / Monk - Ranged / Melee - Controller

Just a wild guess.
    edited February 2013
    But I'm not familiar with DnD, just speaking from a gameplay perspective. Is a "leader" class a buffing class? If so it's the one role that's missing so I imagine one will roll out reletively quick, too. A Bard would be pretty interesting with this combat engine. I also think (short term) another tank and healing class would come before more DPS.

Well, actually the Devoted Cleric we were able to try in this Beta is a Leader: it was not limited to healing and dealing damage, but it could buff damage and defense of allies (especially with dailies).

St. Augustinus
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ranger
    Druid
    Paladin
    Bard

Not necessarily in that order.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    icosagon wrote: »
    We'll have 5 defacto classes to start in Guardian & Great Weapon Fighters, Devoted Cleric, Trickster Rogue, and Control Wizard. As the devs get these core classes down, it'll only be a matter of time before new classes are added. Let's say for a moment that you could make the call on which classes would be developed next, but you could only devote to one class for each role (Defender, Striker, Controller, Leader). Which 4 would you choose?

1. Swordmage
    2. Ranger
    3. Druid
    4. Warlord

Ranger
    Warlock
    Control Wizard
    Fighter - 2hand
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    icosagon wrote: »

1. Swordmage
    2. Ranger
    3. Druid
    4. Warlord

They've already hinted at a Warlock and Ranger. And we already know Control Wizard and Weapon Fighter (whatever they are calling it) are going to be at release.

I haven't heard anything about a druid, warlord, or swordmage. (honestly seeing how they are implementing AD&D 4th edition I'm not sure how they would even do a sword mage)
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1). Rageblood Barbarian - Striker

2). Warlock - Ranged Striker

3). Assassin - Striker

4). Ranger - Ranged Stiker