test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founder's Pack - Report Purchase Issues Here!

Comments

• Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tried to purchase the $60 pack using the paypal site but not with paypal and it gave me an error saying the card was not allowed to be used.

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."
  • Options
    flewelling83flewelling83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Best 60 dollars i ever spent......promised beta access but have none was told 5 hours ago they were working on a paypal bug that wouldnt cancel the first time i bought the 60$ pack. But i bought another with a credit card that says completed and money was taken from me. but when i use the email to get my founders pack still says transaction pending because one is pending but one is complete...... major <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off, i paid therefore i should have access, unfair bug is unfair i guess.
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    moderators still looking at this thread?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Tried to purchase the $60 pack using the paypal site but not with paypal and it gave me an error saying the card was not allowed to be used.

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

This sounds like you might be using a Pre-Paid Gift Card?
    If so you must register the card before you can use it for Online Transactions. The card should have instructions on the packaging.
    Best 60 dollars i ever spent......promised beta access but have none was told 5 hours ago they were working on a paypal bug that wouldnt cancel the first time i bought the 60$ pack. But i bought another with a credit card that says completed and money was taken from me. but when i use the email to get my founders pack still says transaction pending because one is pending but one is complete...... major <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off, i paid therefore i should have access, unfair bug is unfair i guess.

Unfair bug is unfair :(
    Now you said the transaction was completed? Do you have a confirmation in your e-mail?
    You do NOT need to do ANYTHING after you pay. If you received a confirmation e-mail then try logging out and back into the website in order to reset your permissions. If that does work then contact support stating that your purchase has been completed but require your permissions to be updated.

Edit - Yes I'm still looking. It took me quite a few minutes to type up this post. Plus we do travel through the forums a fair bit and can miss new posts...frequently.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It is a debit Visa card, Skrill worked Paypal did not.

I am Downloading now, but my card is a debit card with a Visa logo, never had an issue with it with any other games that don't use Paypal.

Sorry for the impatience, been watching streams since last night and deciding to spend what little spending cash I get a month on the ability to play beta before my PCmag key goes live was making me antsy
  • Options
    princessaluprincessalu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No, that was not the case. I purchased the 199.99 pack for Hero of the North, but still no word. I like the Wolf Companion though, but opted to go for the extras in the Hero pack instead as I cannot afford both.
    Pincess Alu Gaurdian of the Forest. ;)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Glad it worked!

I paid with a Visa Debit (Credit..never Debit...stupid banking fees) Card as well so that's very odd PayPal just didn't like the card.
    But hey, at least you got it to go through :D

Welcome to the Beta.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Eeek, sorry I missed your question princessalu!

Sadly the best I can do for that is tell you to log out of the forums, log back in, which should reset your account permissions. At that point you should be able to access the Beta Forums and Download Locations.
    If relogging doesn't give you the correct permissions I am afraid I can't do anything more but send you to file a Support Ticket.
  • Options
    flewelling83flewelling83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes i logged out then back in....i purchased two guardian packs one through paypal bank account which said 5-8 business days so i then paid with a visa debit card to get into the beta tonight, when i click on the link provided with the email that says your transaction has been approved but click this link to finish, it brings me to a page with both my transactions on it one complete and one pending but the pending one is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up my complete one. it says transaction pending in big orange letters at the top even though one is completed, the money was taken out of my account, i called customer service and he said it was a known issue, this was also over 6 hours ago and they are closed on the weekend, so what am i to do now? Am i just ripped off a beta weekend? like i said before unfair bug is unfair!
  • Options
    gallacher1gallacher1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ive purchased starter kit but still cant access wheres my beta key
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sadly I have no information at this time about the status of that bug :(

I kind of doubt that they would simply leave players high and dry though. I know the Community Manager will be working throughout this weekend so it's a fair bet some other departments might be working some extra hours too.
    I'll get confirmation on that when I can!

gallacher1

Starter Kits do not give Beta Access. Please check the Beta Schedule for details about Beta Access dates.
  • Options
    princessaluprincessalu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I didn't even get the email for click this link to finish. The only email I got was one of a receipt for purchase. I still do not have access, I logged out and in, and my permissions are still the same. I have sent in a ticket, but the ticket said it could take up to four business days...
    Pincess Alu Gaurdian of the Forest. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That is a generic time. It can take *up to* four. Tickets are normally processed much sooner though.
  • Options
    applepotatoepieapplepotatoepie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still no email. Bought RaiderZ Founder's Pack way back in October. Either this needs to be fixed or I'm ticketing for a refund.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm afraid the RaiderZ Founder's Pack doesn't get Closed Beta Access until the second Closed Beta Weekend which is in March.

Only the Neverwinter Founders get access this weekend as per The Neverwinter Beta Schedule.
  • Options
    wozniackwozniack Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like how this thread is dedicated to the paying players, when theres not even a thread for people to report bugs, glitches, and other various things to.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    So any info on them being open on the weekend? ive paid for the guardian pack 20 hours ago and still no access, made a ticket 16 hours ago and still nothing, this is unfair and im totally unhappy with the service ive recieved. i talked to them on the phone yesterday and they estimated 3 hours to find a fix that was 14 hours ago and now i cant even get ahold of them on the phone? See my previous post for my exact problem....
  • Options
    corndalecorndale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've just signed up for a Guardians pack, and I got to the "Finished" page, and it told me I had to pick a different name. No matter which name I submitted (including random keystrokes), I was told it was already taken. I submitted a ticket.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    wozniack wrote: »
    I like how this thread is dedicated to the paying players, when theres not even a thread for people to report bugs, glitches, and other various things to.

There is one. It's located within the Beta Forums as well as is In-Game Bug Reporting Options.

So any info on them being open on the weekend? ive paid for the guardian pack 20 hours ago and still no access, made a ticket 16 hours ago and still nothing, this is unfair and im totally unhappy with the service ive recieved. i talked to them on the phone yesterday and they estimated 3 hours to find a fix that was 14 hours ago and now i cant even get ahold of them on the phone? See my previous post for my exact problem....

Sadly I have not gotten a response yet.

corndale wrote: »
    I've just signed up for a Guardians pack, and I got to the "Finished" page, and it told me I had to pick a different name. No matter which name I submitted (including random keystrokes), I was told it was already taken. I submitted a ticket.

Sorry but I am not sure what name you're refering to? Could you please be a bit more specific?
  • Options
    corndalecorndale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [QUOTE=ambisinisterr;709501

Sorry but I am not sure what name you're refering to? Could you please be a bit more specific?[/QUOTE]

"Display Name Conflict"
  • Options
    eclipse22eclipse22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if this has been resolved or not but, I purchased the $60 pack. When I click on access beta it says there is a "Display Name Conflict" and I need to enter a new Display Name. When I enter in a few names it says they are taken, when I enter in a more unique name...the page loads for a bit and then I get, "An error has a occurred. Please Contact Customer Support". When I click on the Please Contact Customer Support, nothing happens and I get page cannot be displayed. This has been happening all day yesterday and still is, very frustrating.

What can I do to resolve this? If this keeps happening, how do I go about getting a refund?
  • Options
    cordakcordak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Quick question for those US military stationed overseas. It seems it will not allow me to purchuse unless I do so in euros. This causes a couple of problems, 1. We are not subject to the VAT and 2. If I buy it in euros I also get hit with an exchange fee. Wonder if there is anyway around this.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Strange. That's the first time I have heard of the naming issue. You're going to have to contact support.

Cordak,
    Well, well you're in a unique situation! The purchases are automatically driven by the locations you are purchasing from hence why it's forcing VAT and Euros.
    Contact Support they might be able to help you out. *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    cordakcordak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks I will!
  • Options
    mantisalesmantisales Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dear Perfect World.

I want to say that I can't wait for Neverwinter Online. I really would like to support You and become Founder.
    I found Guardians of Neverwinter pack for 59.99$ and I choose to buy it. When I click "Buy" button. Price magically changes to 55.99 EURO which is 20% more than 59.99$. I fully understand taxes etc. But I won't pay 20% more. It's unfair.

Thank You but No Thank You.

Best regards
    Dissapointed
  • Options
    pernamuspernamus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm losing my mind...

Cannot purchase anything through either method (PayPal/Skrill). Keep getting this message: "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

I've used this card for years, and recently, too, for online purchases.

What am I missing?

Desparately,

Pernamus
  • Options
    vorsthescythevorsthescythe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pernamus, I am having the same problem. However my bank has called me several times since trying to purchase a founders pack about fraud detection. It seems this is an overseas purchase from London England so there is probably an issue with currency exchange with your card provider. You could try calling your card provider and see if they detected any fraud reports.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mantisales wrote: »
    Dear Perfect World.

I want to say that I can't wait for Neverwinter Online. I really would like to support You and become Founder.
    I found Guardians of Neverwinter pack for 59.99$ and I choose to buy it. When I click "Buy" button. Price magically changes to 55.99 EURO which is 20% more than 59.99$. I fully understand taxes etc. But I won't pay 20% more. It's unfair.

Thank You but No Thank You.

Best regards
    Dissapointed

I am sorry but Cryptic/PWE is not responsible for your country's tax laws. I agree it's not fair but there's nothing they can do since your laws dictate the products must be taxed.

pernamus, I am having the same problem. However my bank has called me several times since trying to purchase a founders pack about fraud detection. It seems this is an overseas purchase from London England so there is probably an issue with currency exchange with your card provider. You could try calling your card provider and see if they detected any fraud reports.

Interesting! I hadn't considered that but I have occassionally had the same issue occur when purchasing other gaming products located in the UK or other nations.
    Banks should be able to remove the protection system if it applies.

Also note that you must register all Pre-paid Gift Cads before you make an online payment.

One of those should resolve the issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well i was just sent another email from pw saying to buy a founders pack. When i click on the link it brings me to the page with all the dif packs you can buy but there is a little box saying "Thank you for supporting Neverwinter!
    You may still purchase Neverwinter Starter Kits, or you can pick up a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for additional content!"
    now this should mean that it recognizes that ive bought it already but the boxes to click to download are still greyed out very frustrating considering they took my money over a day ago and still no contact from them.

edit: the guardian of neverwinter pack is greyed out on my account so the site know i bought it.
    is there another place to get the download?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Is there another number to call besides billing? i've paid like everyone else and don't get to play really not fair. Really am not enjoying being a founder so far!
This discussion has been closed.