test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• scotch1979scotch1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm ready for 3pm now! haha Works getting out early were getting 2 feet of snow and I'm hunkering down with a bottle of V-one and some Neverwinter! I can't wait!
  • andrewjohns69andrewjohns69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    its 15.05 gmt and ive got to wait another 5 hours until beta is open:( ,even worse, im going to miss the tail end of this first weekend because of work commitments:mad: .
  • caticacatica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    When will there be updates on when other beta keys will be allowed in the beta like from the PC Gamer Mag?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brin515brin515 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well im not normally the type to post on forums but this one has made me kinda mad iv been looking forward to this beta test since Gen con and the devs told me their that the key i got was good for the beta now im looking and seeing that its kinda good enough but maybe not really good enough so i was played -lead astray, even. told one thing & made to hope and then ....sadness " here you go its a free ticket to the Happy fun time room"
    you get there only to be told to get to the end of the line because it was a free and that free ticket is just not good enough.. so you go over there and hurry up and wait
  • aisa2aisa2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i read your fb and it told me i could get a free beta keey and i did wht it said and ther is no place to get a key i am realy confused please send me somthing that explans how to get your free key
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    brin515 wrote: »
    well im not normally the type to post on forums but this one has made me kinda mad iv been looking forward to this beta test since Gen con and the devs told me their that the key i got was good for the beta now im looking and seeing that its kinda good enough but maybe not really good enough so i was played -lead astray, even. told one thing & made to hope and then ....sadness " here you go its a free ticket to the Happy fun time room"
    you get there only to be told to get to the end of the line because it was a free and that free ticket is just not good enough.. so you go over there and hurry up and wait

I'm sorry that paying customers get first beta access, but it never said WHEN your key would be phased in. We've warned about keys and no guarantee you won't be playing first for over a year here, so please know we can't say WHEN you will be invited for the game, just it's been made clear now that Founders get first access.
    aisa2 wrote: »
    i read your fb and it told me i could get a free beta keey and i did wht it said and ther is no place to get a key i am realy confused please send me somthing that explans how to get your free key

Please read the article carefully, as that promotion is over. You MAY get a key for registering here but there are no current non Founders key promotions outside the US PC Gamer magazine option and that's not immediate access either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • athxathx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is there a time frame on when the first beta will start?
  • bryce1338bryce1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After this first weekend, THEN other groups get PHASED in. Remember, the key promised beta access, not WHEN you get beta access, and that may include OPEN beta as well.

If my beta key doesn't give me access before open beta, which by definition means anyone that wants in gets it and doesn't need a key, I am done with this game.
  • denwa23denwa23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Glad I can still cancel my online sub to pcgamer. Won't be touching pcgamer nor perfectworld products any longer. Already feels dodgy.
  • oblivionz89oblivionz89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    U mean if i just purchase a starter kit i still won't get to play the beta?
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought that Lifers from the other Cryptic games were told they would have complete Beta access to Neverwinter? It looks like that was changed also.......
  • bloodywandererbloodywanderer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Nope. You need either guardian of neverwinter or hero of the north pack.
    What time does the beta start?
    edited February 2013

Need to read what is included.
    psytce0002 wrote: »
    I thought that Lifers from the other Cryptic games were told they would have complete Beta access to Neverwinter? It looks like that was changed also.......

2 out of 3 beta isnt bad and people complain about this?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bryce1338 wrote: »
    If my beta key doesn't give me access before open beta, which by definition means anyone that wants in gets it and doesn't need a key, I am done with this game.

You will get access just not FIRST access. See phased access.

Correct. It gives NO early beta. You still may get beta access through other ways, just not weekend 1.

Nope, you get access weekend 2.

Please read here folks. You know, the first post listing who gets what access and when and keep checking back for updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It changed for the better for you!

Earlier there were no plans to allow LTS into beta. Then August 2011 or later, SS allowed you guys to have access to PHASED beta changing old announcement. You will have phased in access to close beta even if not day 1 access.
  • dracotamerdracotamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is sort of off topic, but also related. I was considering buying the Founder pack, but I was wondering if I will also have access to the Dire Wolf pet and Armored horse mount? I know we get exclusive items to just the founders pack but I'd honestly like the horse mount over the spider etc.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dracotamer wrote: »
    This is sort of off topic, but also related. I was considering buying the Founder pack, but I was wondering if I will also have access to the Dire Wolf pet and Armored horse mount? I know we get exclusive items to just the founders pack but I'd honestly like the horse mount over the spider etc.
    I think horse was sold in gold but the media person streaming it was not able to find wolf. It might be from some high level NPC or maybe astral diamond?
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    athx wrote: »
    2 out of 3 beta isnt bad and people complain about this?

Not the point ..... 2 out of 3 is not complete access ...... and this wasn't a complaint it was an observation....
  • static1024static1024 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Not really.. I'm a lifer in Champs & STO also and i don't feel cheated on this, because it was stated that we will get beta access but not "all phases of the beta".. See the wording?

This is similar to the Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase beta where those who pre-purchase not pre-order where given privilege over those who would get in the other way..

The trend i see coming on from mmo dev's is to offer a commitment beta entry, then offer the regular beta style later on. Its a double edge sword in that those who are with it sure will go ahead and feel good of themselves but most will rant against it, but you can't blame the dev for wanting some type of commitment or to recoup some cost of development before there game is launch...

When blizzard did phased beta invites for Mists of Pandaria for those who pre-purchased Diablo 3, most who didn't get in on first phase was mad even despite blizzard stating everyone who pre-purchase Diablo 3 would get it, but the trick is blizzard didn't note that the invites would be phased.. By now Veteran mmo players should know that all closed beta has phased invites...
    Im glad i'm getting into second phase because at least they would have work out some of the kinks of first phase, and if they are keeping with tradition to some extent then maybe first phase progress will be wiped...
  • breztelbreztel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do hope the servers start letting me in soon. I paid my $200.00, even knowing that today would be the only day I get to play in this first weekend, so here is hoping that it starts soon.
  • breztelbreztel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why isn't my forum title marked as Founder, I bought the Founders pack.

Actualy that should be Hero of the North title.
  • cerebjastruscerebjastrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "oh you already dumped money on us and we said you would get in closed beta? no no no we said you would get in eventually, give us more money and you will get in closed beta...this time we promise..."

It's things like this that are destroying the gaming market, company's that gleefully mislead and abuse their customers.

Give us money NOW! because if you don't give us enough now we will screw you later. Ok we will do that anyways but give us money now...more money then you already did.

I really can't feel any other way then the company is going "to all those people who gave us support before...thanks...get in line, to all those people willing to pay us right now, well here are our prices! Just ignore all the people who backed us and supported us before and how we treated them."

If this is the company mentality, how can we believe it's not going to be that in game? If they do this before it's even out, why would they not keep doing it in game.
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    denwa23 wrote: »
    Glad I can still cancel my online sub to pcgamer. Won't be touching pcgamer nor perfectworld products any longer. Already feels dodgy.

Funny you should mention that. On another site people were recommending the online sub to get the Beta key. Just for this reason that they could cancel it.
    Not saying that was your intent, but I thought that was a pretty "dodgy" move on their part. That and the fact they were telling people where and how to do it.
    edited February 2013
    "oh you already dumped money on us and we said you would get in closed beta? no no no we said you would get in eventually, give us more money and you will get in closed beta...this time we promise..."

It's things like this that are destroying the gaming market, company's that gleefully mislead and abuse their customers.

Give us money NOW! because if you don't give us enough now we will screw you later. Ok we will do that anyways but give us money now...more money then you already did.

Because reading is hard?
  • khalthkhalth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just a small thing, but it would be really nice if you could do that,
    if possible please display the time frames in PST and GMT or CET
  • papasnake23papasnake23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how can we attend to this event?
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    breztel wrote: »
    Why isn't my forum title marked as Founder, I bought the Founders pack.

Actualy that should be Hero of the North title.

Look around on the forums. The mods posted instructions on how to add it to your title. I know it's there as I used those instructions when i enabled mine (just don't feel like looking for the link again). But it has something to do with your "User CP" at top of page. Good Luck
  • draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    still no information on when "Other Beta participants" will get in?
  • denwa23denwa23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    skeletun wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that. On another site people were recommending the online sub to get the Beta key. Just for this reason that they could cancel it.
    Not saying that was your intent, but I thought that was a pretty "dodgy" move on their part. That and the fact they were telling people where and how to do it.

I signed up for the key, yes, but I figured at under 2 bucks a month it would be worth keeping the sub, but instead I un-subbed because I don't like how PC Gamer and Perfect world handled this "beta key" give away.

Most of these magazines are really just PR departments for gaming companies anyway.

I'll be trying the defiance beta this weekend as the client is just about done downloading so I'm done here.
  • bariege16bariege16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just bought the $60 founders pack, but can't play the beta right now. Any ideas?