test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Founder's Packs sale update

Comments

• Options
    vastolordesvastolordes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In order to get other package content, you need to buy both right? Buying hero doesn't mean you get the guardian one?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    In order to get other package content, you need to buy both right? Buying hero doesn't mean you get the guardian one?
    Correct. You can only apply one of each of those two packages to any given account. You can apply multiple Starter Kits however.

For example, you can only apply one Hero Pack and one Guardian Pack per account (for a total of two Founder's Packs). You cannot apply two Hero Packs or two Guardian Packs to a single account however - only up to one of each.

If you wanted though, you can buy five (or more, or less, up to you) Starter Kits and apply all of those Starter Kits to a single account. While most all items in these will stack with each other, there are some things that are account-wide unlocks, so stacking won't work and would be irrelevant for those items. As well, some items are limited to one per character or one per account. Hovering over each item or following the links in the promotion page to learn more about each of the items will explicitly say this for each item

• Options
    shawukshawuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just wanna check that currencies are gonna be converted properly? for example I like the Guardians and $60 should be
  • Options
    aeonbluessaeonbluess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I didn't buy the hero pack for the spider mount, I bought the hero pack to help support a game that is looking totally awesome. Mounts are cosmetic which means there will be plenty of horses running up and down the Sword Coast. If I don't like the free horses, then I will probably find one I like with the 750,000 diamonds.
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Two questions.

I have seen it said that many of the items gained in the differnet founders packs stack, but I have not found it said that the extra character slots and respec tokens stack. If you buy both Hero and Guardian, do they get 4 character slots and 2 respec tokens?

Also, for the beta weekends, is it "planned" that the servers will be up 24 hours a day for the beta weekends or are they planned to only be up for certain time windows on those days?
  • Options
    zgbsn721zgbsn721 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've look around the forums for awhile over the past couple of days and haven't found an answer to a question I have, so I guess I'll ask it here.

Are any of these items in the Founders pack going to be able to be purchased by non-founders after the game launches? The wording is vague at best, using terms like "Unique" and "Exclusive Access" doesn't really mean a lot when so little is known about the game. I'm gonna shell out $60 for the Guardian pack to give the game a try this week end, and if I like it, I might go for the Hero of the North pack. Although, it would be nice to know that these "unique" and "exclusive perks" I'm spending my cash on are actually rewards for early adopters, and not just a discount bundle of items with a beta key attached.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zgbsn721 wrote: »
    I've look around the forums for awhile over the past couple of days and haven't found an answer to a question I have, so I guess I'll ask it here.

Are any of these items in the Founders pack going to be able to be purchased by non-founders after the game launches? The wording is vague at best, using terms like "Unique" and "Exclusive Access" doesn't really mean a lot when so little is known about the game. I'm gonna shell out $60 for the Guardian pack to give the game a try this week end, and if I like it, I might go for the Hero of the North pack. Although, it would be nice to know that these "unique" and "exclusive perks" I'm spending my cash on are actually rewards for early adopters, and not just a discount bundle of items with a beta key attached.

I'm guessing it would depend on how many packs are bought and how many founders stick around after launch. The buzz is good so far.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    tracilordstracilords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Does it say definitively anywhere in the descriptions of the packs (I cannot find it, though that doesn't mean the verbiage doesn't exist) whether there are different speed ratings for the two mounts? Is the Spider faster than the Horse?
    newtenacioussig.png
    Casually Accomplished since 2009 ** WEBSITE ** COMMUNITY CHARTER
  • Options
    zgbsn721zgbsn721 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only words describing the mounts that I have found is "Unique" and "Exclusive Access". I don't mind forking over some cash for this stuff, but I would like to know exactly what I'm getting. I've read that the value of Astral Diamonds isn't known, because the Dev's don't know what they are gonna sell them for, but they sure aren't afraid to throw out a "a $549 value" when advertising a package for them. Seems kinda fishy.
  • Options
    amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zgbsn721 wrote: »
    The only words describing the mounts that I have found is "Unique" and "Exclusive Access". I don't mind forking over some cash for this stuff, but I would like to know exactly what I'm getting. I've read that the value of Astral Diamonds isn't known, because the Dev's don't know what they are gonna sell them for, but they sure aren't afraid to throw out a "a $549 value" when advertising a package for them. Seems kinda fishy.
    People are assuming that the Astral Diamonds make up the bulk of the 349$ difference, but there are several other features that -could- have been factored in by the developers for the price. Features that users do not figure into the pricing (beyond 'user preference'):
    VIP Game access
    Armor Aura
    Title
    Instant access to the Foundry
    Adventurer's Helper Pack (items unknown)
    5 day early access to Open Beta

Granted the value the Developers place on those features doesn't mean the users will feel they are worth the same. But this is true for any merchandise. (For example, waiting until a game is on sale or below 30$ to buy it because it just does not 'wow' you enough to pay 60$.) I believe there was a mention that the mounts would be unique to the package, in the Dev Tracker sub-forum. But this does not mean similar models with different textures/colors will never ever appear in the store or in-game. All it means is that particular combination of texture/color/mesh can only be obtained through the packs.

For me, the instant access to the Foundry and a desire to support a D&D game based in Forgotten Realms was enough motivation for me. (Too bad it wasn't set in Athas though.... -sob-) But I am me, and my opinions are just that.
  • Options
    rukhasrukhas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So you're saying it's worth the purchase price even though you have never even played the game?
  • Options
    rhomeorhomeo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still debating if I should buy a pack. Does anyone know if they will be available after the beta weekends start? Personally I'm not concerned with playing first. I just would like to try it out before I drop 2 bills on one.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    amorra wrote: »
    People are assuming that the Astral Diamonds make up the bulk of the 349$ difference, but there are several other features that -could- have been factored in by the developers for the price. Features that users do not figure into the pricing (beyond 'user preference'):
    VIP Game access
    Armor Aura
    Title
    Instant access to the Foundry
    Adventurer's Helper Pack (items unknown)
    5 day early access to Open Beta

Granted the value the Developers place on those features doesn't mean the users will feel they are worth the same. But this is true for any merchandise. (For example, waiting until a game is on sale or below 30$ to buy it because it just does not 'wow' you enough to pay 60$.) I believe there was a mention that the mounts would be unique to the package, in the Dev Tracker sub-forum. But this does not mean similar models with different textures/colors will never ever appear in the store or in-game. All it means is that particular combination of texture/color/mesh can only be obtained through the packs.

For me, the instant access to the Foundry and a desire to support a D&D game based in Forgotten Realms was enough motivation for me. (Too bad it wasn't set in Athas though.... -sob-) But I am me, and my opinions are just that.

The VIP access may be worth its weight in gold if the game really takes off.

The Armor glow should be cool, hopefully I'll come across this weekend. Same goes for the title

I think they said the front page news was incorrect, and the 5 days early access is to the Actual release and not the open beta. Just an FYI.

The Instant access to the Foundry seems kinda useless to me, who waits for a game to come out and before even playing it starts making content for it. Plus it unlocks at level 15, or so I've read.

The Adventurer's Helper pack has 6 items in it that you can see if you mouse over it on the start kit. Again just a FYI
    1. Large Health Stone
    2. 10,000 XP booster
    3. 5 scrolls of raise dead
    4. 5 portable altars
    5. 10 identify scrolls
    6. 25 pack of skill consumables

I'm not worried about similar mounts with different skins, just wonder if this one is founder buyer only basically. I'd also like a little more information about the Faerie Fire racial. I guess my point being is I'd just like a bit more info before I drop a full $200, which after this weekend could turn into $260, since I'm picking up the guardian pack just to see how I like the game.
    rhomeo wrote: »
    Still debating if I should buy a pack. Does anyone know if they will be available after the beta weekends start? Personally I'm not concerned with playing first. I just would like to try it out before I drop 2 bills on one.

Surely they will be up for sell for a while after this weekend, they have only been on sale for 5 days. I saw a moderator quote somewhere on here, but it was pretty vague (surprise!) about when they will stop being sold.
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rukhas wrote: »
    So you're saying it's worth the purchase price even though you have never even played the game?

That is something everyone can only decide for themselves. It was for me, it might not be fore you :)
  • Options
    jonny76jonny76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    not worth paying

if you live in europe they charge you
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No foreign to USA characters or it cuts the post off. Also may happen if copy and paste. Use the remove formatting button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ehsradehsrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I tried to resist buying the pack before i got in on the beta next month, i did well, got all the way to 4am on Sunday morning before i crumbled. Looking forward to logging in whenever the client downloads, the only thing i really wanted from the highest pack was the Panther so i went for the one just below it. Not a fan of Spiders and i prefer my Dark Elfs to be evil or at the very least not completely good.
    What do you mean I'm not kind? Just not your kind!
  • Options
    uaedavenuaedaven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question about Founders and accounts... Can I have one master account with several other accounts linked? I may purchase more than one Founders (possibly five).
  • Options
    avolancheavolanche Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm so excited for this game but I'm a little disheartened that if I want the mount and companion from both packs I need to shell out $260. Typically, from what I've seen with other games, if you buy the most expensive "collector's pack" then you get all the items from any lesser packs. It just seems a bit outrageous to me, like they're raking me over the coals. Anyone agree?
  • Options
    vikingh3artvikingh3art Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    rhomeo wrote: »

Yes. In other threads it has been stated the Founder's Packs will be available after launch.
    co-Lead www.MercyGaming.com
    A multi-gaming Guild
    "Sons of winter and stars... RISE!"
  • Options
    vikingh3artvikingh3art Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    avolanche wrote: »
    I'm so excited for this game but I'm a little disheartened that if I want the mount and companion from both packs I need to shell out $260. Typically, from what I've seen with other games, if you buy the most expensive "collector's pack" then you get all the items from any lesser packs. It just seems a bit outrageous to me, like they're raking me over the coals. Anyone agree?

I totally agree. I still buckled. :confused:
    co-Lead www.MercyGaming.com
    A multi-gaming Guild
    "Sons of winter and stars... RISE!"
  • Options
    rasenjinrasenjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes. In other threads it has been stated the Founder's Packs will be available after launch.

All I wanted to know.
  • Options
    nemesiswarlocknemesiswarlock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was wondering if possibly the $200 pack includes the $60 pack and the $20 pack?

This is what I want to know right now before I shed out $200.00 for the game.
    As someone who always tries to buy the collectors editions of any game for the extras I do not want to pay $260-$280 and only get what is in the Hero pack.
  • Options
    nemesiswarlocknemesiswarlock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    avolanche wrote: »

This is my reasoning also. It only seems logical to get everything in the lower packs with the highest pack.
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is my reasoning also. It only seems logical to get everything in the lower packs with the highest pack.

Yeah, this is disappointing.
    Or, in items that are comparable, give you a choice of items at the higher level.
    Ex. Pick Spider or Horse.
    I'd like to get the better pack, but I'd rather have a wolf and horse than panther and spider.
  • Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited March 2013
    This is what I want to know right now before I shed out $200.00 for the game.
    As someone who always tries to buy the collectors editions of any game for the extras I do not want to pay $260-$280 and only get what is in the Hero pack.

Nope, you only get what it states. To expect (hope?) more is irrational. Cryptic & PW are going to squeeze every penny they can out of the F2P game before it goes live and becomes just another F2P game. You are talking about spending a whole lot of money for a F2P with nothing but digital items. That's crazy, imho, but to each his own.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well no video game is real so why bother and go outside to the "real world" then?

If people want to spend money on digital perks, that is their decision as long as everything is clear in what one gets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gingerlol123gingerlol123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This will be epic!
  • Options
    bioxragebioxrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well no video game is real so why bother and go outside to the "real world" then?

If people want to spend money on digital perks, that is their decision as long as everything is clear in what one gets.

Just purchased the Founders Package last night. The game has amazed me. +Support to development.

Cheers.

P.S. Does anyone know if the enchantments and "glowing" armor gem are re-usable asides from them GreyCloak's Legacy? This includes the pots, xp scroll, etc. As in they are a one time use only, correct? Or can one go back to the vendor and re-collect.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    One use per character, the diamonds and mount are one use per account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]