test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Founder's Packs sale update

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2013 in News & Announcements
Greetings, Adventurers!

Neverwinter's first Beta Weekend begins February 8, 2013. On that day, The Forgotten Realms becomes a reality for brave heroes and heroines to explore and dungeon delve. Victory and epic loot await the fearless and the fast, but for the weak of body and mind, there can be only ignominious death.

One way to gain coveted access to the first Neverwinter Beta Weekend is with a Hero of the North Founder's Pack. But don't fret! There are more ways yet to be revealed for hungry and anxious adventurers to join the Neverwinter Beta Weekends.

You may have also noticed that our Founder's Packs are not yet available for purchase. We took 20 on our Perception check and uncovered a few traps and several goblins. As a result, we temporarily delayed the start of our Founder's Pack sales while we slayed... um, addressed any outstanding issues.

For our Neverwinter fans looking to grab a Founder's Pack and secure guaranteed access to our Beta Weekends, the wait will be precious short.

Stay tuned to our homepage, ye Heroes of the North for the latest information on our Founder's Pack promotion. Keep an action ready because your turn is coming right up.

Sincerely,
The Neverwinter Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the update.
  • necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have my gold coins sitting right here in a chest waiting to trade them for a Founders pack!
  • vikingh3artvikingh3art Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    "... the wait will be precious short..."

Err, so does that mean that hitting F5 today is silly (like it's not silly already)? Are we saying best check back tomorrow, or could the Founder's Packs go live today?

SO CONFUSED! :confused:
    co-Lead www.MercyGaming.com
    A multi-gaming Guild
    "Sons of winter and stars... RISE!"
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yah I found the page to buy them last night, but it gave me error 404 and the page freaked me out for a sec(yall need to add some scary scream to the error 404 page)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiry3kiry3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    thanks for the update, I was a searching for the info! :D
  • uglybuggeruglybugger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Although I've seen it asked at least once, I have not yet seen a definitive answer from a reliable source. However, the answer to the question is VERY IMPORTANT to everyone even considering the purchase of the Founder's packs.

Question: Do all of the items obtained through Founder's pack purchase carry through to game release?

All of Cmpinpointterror's posts specifically speak ONLY of beta. They never mention what happens AFTER beta.

Is this a beta-only promotion?
  • mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    uglybugger wrote: »
    Question: Do all of the items obtained through Founder's pack purchase carry through to game release?

All of Cmpinpointterror's posts specifically speak ONLY of beta. They never mention what happens AFTER beta.

Is this a beta-only promotion?

Let me answer your question with a question...

Do you honestly think that Cryptic or PW believes 6-9 days of beta with any amount of of digital content and/or diamonds would be worth $200 if it didn't carry over to release? Hell, if it didn't carry over the $200 wouldn't even be worth $20.
    edited January 2013
    I was wondering if possibly the $200 pack includes the $60 pack and the $20 pack?

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Let me answer your question with a question...

Do you honestly think that Cryptic or PW believes 6-9 days of beta with any amount of of digital content and/or diamonds would be worth $200 if it didn't carry over to release? Hell, if it didn't carry over the $200 wouldn't even be worth $20.
    I'm not really sure, but it wouldn't be the first time someone made a bad choice.

Look at it this way. They haven't promised that everything WILL carry over to the live game. Those 750,000 Astral Diamonds? Are those going to be there when the game goes live too? I haven't seen it anywhere in writing yet. I was hoping to see something today, but it appears there were technical difficulties (although I don't understand why the detailed information just hasn't been released even sans the actual purchasing ability).
    edited January 2013
    I was wondering if possibly the $200 pack includes the $60 pack and the $20 pack?

Absolutely. That's another big question that is easy to make assumptions about.

It's not wrong to want these promotional offers to be more transparent.
    edited January 2013
    Absolutely. That's another big question that is easy to make assumptions about.

It's not wrong to want these promotional offers to be more transparent.

Exactly, I dont see why they should make you pay another $80 to get the other perks(other than to make money)

We really need more info

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    I'm not really sure, but it wouldn't be the first time someone made a bad choice.

Look at it this way. They haven't promised that everything WILL carry over to the live game. Those 750,000 Astral Diamonds? Are those going to be there when the game goes live too? I haven't seen it anywhere in writing yet. I was hoping to see something today, but it appears there were technical difficulties (although I don't understand why the detailed information just hasn't been released even sans the actual purchasing ability).

Again going back to what others experienced with STO and CO, my guess would be yes. But again, the diamonds alone (the most expensive part of the package) is not worth more than $50.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013

Does it matter? The Starter pack gives one bag of holding to one character. The other to give bags to all of the characters on the account. So the Starter Pack really doesn't matter. They are already saying 5 slots total and 3 slots total for characters in the $200 and $60 packs, so I would guess that no, you do not get one more character slot for a total of 6 in the $200 pack. Same said for the 125,000 diamonds in the $60 pack going to the $200 pack.

And even if it did, it still wouldn't come up to $200 in goods.
    edited January 2013
    Does it matter?
    In terms of actual return on investment, no, it doesn't matter. Anyone who pays for the big package should do so with the understanding that they are primarily supporting a game that they are looking forward to.

In terms of feeling like I've been dealt with honestly, yes, it matters quite a lot. To me. :D
    edited January 2013
    Does it matter? The Starter pack gives one bag of holding to one character....

Note that the items they have listed in various spots differ greatly. The information they claim to have given Kotaku mentions an amulate and 6 other ingame items for the starter as well as other stuff for the other packages that was not listed in the post on here.

Personally, I think Kotaku wasn't supposed to release the info yet and Cryptic/PW hadn't finalized the info. They tried to rush it to get it out today but it couldn't get approved. I'm a dev for an e-mail marketing company. I see this kind of red tape BS all day long and I know just how... intelligent... marketers can be...

To the question from earlier about will it carry over. I've never seen a founders pack, or any prepurchase bonus that you got in beta, that didn't carry over into the real game. And I'm a sucker for CE and DE versions for MMOs.

On that note, I've also never seen a promotion like this where upgrading to the next package didn't also get you what was in the previous package. They don't want you to feel like you're losing something by upgrading and giving them more money.

I would be shocked if either one of those fears were true.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Note that the items they have listed in various spots differ greatly. The information they claim to have given Kotaku mentions an amulate and 6 other ingame items for the starter as well as other stuff for the other packages that was not listed in the post on here.

Personally, I think Kotaku wasn't supposed to release the info yet and Cryptic/PW hadn't finalized the info. They tried to rush it to get it out today but it couldn't get approved. I'm a dev for an e-mail marketing company. I see this kind of red tape BS all day long and I know just how... intelligent... marketers can be...

To the question from earlier about will it carry over. I've never seen a founders pack, or any prepurchase bonus that you got in beta, that didn't carry over into the real game. And I'm a sucker for CE and DE versions for MMOs.

On that note, I've also never seen a promotion like this where upgrading to the next package didn't also get you what was in the previous package. They don't want you to feel like you're losing something by upgrading and giving them more money.

I would be shocked if either one of those fears were true.

No, media sites are supposed to announce it first, MMORPG is just again incorrect.

If you paid full price for the lower package you have to pay full price for the higher one
    You may only purchase one $60 and one $200 package per account if the Cryptic CO/STO

Also, and most importantly, all purchases will carry over through to the live game. You will have access to some of the package during the Beta Phases but items are not at a risk of being lost due to wipes. All purchases will carry over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    No, media sites are supposed to announce it first, MMORPG is just again incorrect.

I never mentioned MMORPG. I used Kotaku as an example of how the founders pack items differed.
    Kotaku wrote:
    The first, priced at $19.99 (valued at $49), is more of a starter kit players purchasing this tier are not guaranteed beta access. What they do get is this:

Adventurer's Helper Pack' containing six different types of in-game items
    Small Bag of Holding' for twelve extra inventory slots
    Amulet of Protection' item

vs just the single small bag of Holding listed here.

EDIT: As a side note, this forum breaks when using characters it doesn't like. The dash and bullet points that Kotaku used in their post for example. It just cuts the text off at the first character it doesn't like even though it looks fine in preview.
  • godofthornsgodofthorns Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
    edited January 2013
    All I can say is if that's the case it's pretty damn ridiculous and not in keeping with industry standards at all. It's because it's so far out of the norm that I'm having trouble believing the question is even being raised. Even more so that there's not a solid answer.

I personally interpreted what TruthSeeker said as he has no information on upgrade paths. If you buy a $60 pack and 3 weeks later want to upgrade to the $200, he doesn't know if you have to pay the @200 or can just do $140. Also that you might not be allowed to purchase two packs.

I'm pretty new to these forums but it seems like the Community Moderators are really good at trying to relay info but their bosses shouldn't be handling marketing/information issues.
  • xcomreborn2012xcomreborn2012 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think that I will forgo the $200 pack. It just seems a little steep to me for the items that you get. I could understand if it was like the Lifetime Subscriber pack for STO. All restrictions lifted and a stipend of Dilithium each month. But this is not the case here. I also could understand it if there was an option to subscribe to the game if you wanted to. This would infer that there would be different levels of playing. Lifetime, VIP, Gold, and then Free. I think they really went <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> backwards on this. Marvel Heroes started a closed beta and then announced their founders packs. This gave the players a chance to play the game to see if they would like it and then the option to purchase the packs to support the game if they wanted to. This is the route that NWO should have gone. But each to their own. If you have the money to spend on these packs, then more power to ya. I just don't feel comfortable putting that much money into something that hasn't really release a lot of game play videos. But, nevertheless, I have high hopes for this game and will just wait to see if I get my beta key. And if I don't then I won't cry over it. I have waited this long. A few more months won't kill me.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nah, the $200 is obviously for the "OMGDRIZZT" crowd. $60 seems borderline adequate. Though I think anyone who's involved in the testing deserves the "Founder" title, not just those who cash it. It's a small thing I know, but it sort of matters.

As for the testing, well, there are a LOT, and I mean a LOOT of other options for testing, including free or almost-free ones, so I really can't make a big deal out of them including beta keys in the founder packs. It's more like a small bonus than a defining feature, I think. Besides, the game's been in the development so long, and the hype hasn't been all that high, so I'm pretty sure that people who want to play the game know it by now :)
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To answer a couple of questions I saw from earlier:

-The packs will absolutely, 100% carry over into the full launch.
    -There are a few items from the Starter Kit that aren't available in the Hero of the North or Guardian of Neverwinter packs.
    >>The Amulet of Protection in the Starter Kit is replaced with the Greycloak's Legacy in the Hero and Guardian packs.
    >>The Small Bag of Holding is available in the Starter and Hero packs, but not the Guardian pack.

Hope this helps. :)
  • them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can you buy each of the packs and if so do the items stacks (the hero of the north pack doesn't have the mount/companion in the middle pack so if both were purchased would you get these and other pack items stack)?
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Nah, the $200 is obviously for the "OMGDRIZZT" crowd.
    The pack has other stuff that it's interesting and has nothing to do with drows. Not that I'm against someone spending $200 just to get a drow background and a panther. Neither I'm against charity.
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Though I think anyone who's involved in the testing deserves the "Founder" title, not just those who cash it.
    "Funder" title? :p
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can you buy each of the packs and if so do the items stacks (the hero of the north pack doesn't have the mount/companion in the middle pack so if both were purchased would you get these and other pack items stack)?

I'm told that the items do stack. In the example you gave, with the mount and companion, buying both the Guardian and Hero packs would get you the Direwolf and Horse, plus the Panther and Armored Spider. In addition, many of the items in the packs do stack with each other, so you would get 875,000 Astral Diamonds. Some of the items in there may be account unlocks, though.
    edited January 2013
    To answer a couple of questions I saw from earlier:

-The packs will absolutely, 100% carry over into the full launch.
    -There are a few items from the Starter Kit that aren't available in the Hero of the North or Guardian of Neverwinter packs.
    >>The Amulet of Protection in the Starter Kit is replaced with the Greycloak's Legacy in the Hero and Guardian packs.
    >>The Small Bag of Holding is available in the Starter and Hero packs, but not the Guardian pack.

Hope this helps. :)
    That's all I wanted to hear, thanks oodles!

Now to go and give you my money...
  • vastolordesvastolordes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm told that the items do stack. In the example you gave, with the mount and companion, buying both the Guardian and Hero packs would get you the Direwolf and Horse, plus the Panther and Armored Spider. In addition, many of the items in the packs do stack with each other, so you would get 875,000 Astral Diamonds. Some of the items in there may be account unlocks, though.

So in order to get the Direwolf and Armored Horse and other stuff from the Guardian package, you have to buy the guardian package right? Even though you may have bought the Hero package?
  • zalenex323zalenex323 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    okay can anyone answer if i buy the hero founder back i get to play every day from feb 8th to release or only those 3 days each of the 3 beta weekends? so basically monday through friday i wouldnt be able to play or i get to play every day for like 2 months?
  • jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zalenex323 wrote: »
    okay can anyone answer if i buy the hero founder back i get to play every day from feb 8th to release or only those 3 days each of the 3 beta weekends? so basically monday through friday i wouldnt be able to play or i get to play every day for like 2 months?

As far as I understand it, each beta is only going to be for the weekend. So you get to play 3 days on 3 different beta's. This doesn't count open beta... who know what that's gonna be like.
  • creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is each time one per character or are some one claim only? As in, would each character be able to claim the mount?