test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    naelynnnaelynn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am looking forward to testing characters and exploring!
    I have been looking forward to this release for a long time.
  • Options
    skiter1337skiter1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Me and my buddies are going to look at the fine art work of the game and delve into as many dungeons as beta will let us!
  • Options
    amatonamaton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal will be to experience what I saw at PAX Prime 2012. I am no stranger to beta weekends, and I would focus on one class for the entire weekend.. cause lets face it.. weekends are too short to try everything. Next weekend to work on possibly my next two fav's. Then last weekend all the extra curricular activities available. Then I would focus on convincing all my bud's to leave their game of choice to come hang with me in NWO. Then I would put on my chest piece and leggings, grab my sword and go out in the back yard and attack the black berry bushes, stinging nettles and hunt moles.. No I wouldn't do that lol.... Or ... would ... I ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dolnordolnor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Try to test every system in the game... and see if I can't break a few while I am at it!

Try to find boundry/collision holes, exploits, graphical errors, texture failures, floating items, etc. Everything I normally do while testing a game.

Create a character, run through the content, then help others.

I live to test. Unfortunately, Real Life prevents me from buying every games' Founders option. I still have to eat, pay the rent, afford the gas to work and back. But sleep, that I can do without for a while! -)

TQQdles
    ... Εξελίσσεται διαρκώς εικονικής πραγματικότητας είναι το ολόγραμμα λόγου της infobahn ....
  • Options
    rageeternarageeterna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For the beta weekend.. I'm planning on trying out the mechanics of all the classes (if i have the time) and see which class/race would be most suitable to my playstyle..
  • Options
    mymyxomymyxo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to nail another neverwinter title and play hard! :D
  • Options
    kuradorkurador Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will expend all my weekend time testing all the classes I can make, exploring all the dungeons I can find and I will work a little with the foundry.
  • Options
    lookerm1rlookerm1r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would try all the different classes that interest me, to decide what I would play when the game goes live
    also a bit of exploration to see how the world looks, but not to much so I don't spoil it :)
  • Options
    donmanahirdonmanahir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would try every single class for some time, then decide which was the most fun so far and keep playing that one until the beta ends, probably focusing on playing as much group content as possible.
  • Options
    quantumsneakquantumsneak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    MY first goal is to see how all the classes are and from there just chill out and explore.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to go on a murderous rampage killing as many enemy NPCs as i can :) and take in the sights :)

play all the classes, see how the flow of combat goes to each, explore the foundry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    calexistacalexista Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal on betas is always to see if I can find any game breaking bugs, explore the terrain for locations that you get stuck in the terrain and to see if the leveling rate is adequate (Not to fast or too slow).
  • Options
    fatewhoresonfatewhoreson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I plan on having a dance party,and a sexy party too.
  • Options
    zentrasizentrasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Step One: Test the download server by downloading the game client.
    Step Two: Test that the game installs correctly and that the Launcher.. launches..
    Step Three: Test the patch server by connecting to it via the launcher and patching the client.
    Step Four: Test the 'options' menu by adjusting graphics, audio and other system settings to suit my preference and match the capabilities of my PC.
    Step Five: Test login recognition by attempting to log in to the game via the launcher.
    Step Six: Test the server selection and character creation system by selecting a server... and creating a character.
    Step Seven: Test the login time required to connect to a live server after attempting to enter the game after character creation.
    Step Eight: Test in game performance by playing the game and paying attention to such things as frames per second, graphical rendering, connection speed (lag) and overall game functionality.
    Step Nine: Test available content and search of possible errors or bugs with in-game mechanics, combat system, questing system and general gameplay.
    Step Ten: Test the test feedback system by submitting bug reports whilst in game.
    Step Eleven: Test my resolve, fondness for fizzy drinks and overall stamina by staying awake and playing the game for the entire duration of the Beta event.
    Step Twelve: Test who my real friends are by sending fake emails saying that so and so said this and that and she said that he said.. and they were like no way? and I was like YES way!
    Step Thirteen: Test the overall nature of reality by proving that even though atoms are mostly made up of empty space I am still able to sit on a chair, touch a keyboard and not fall through the planet.
    Step Fourteen: Make note of all of the above and provide feedback on official forums, or other stipulated official means, after the Beta event is over.

Oh and.. have fun?
  • Options
    velarenvelaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal if fairly simple. Check out the game to determine if I'm gonna like it well enough to recommend it to my small group of gaming friends. I'm also very interested in the Foundry so I do hope to check it out.
  • Options
    roukardroukard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to try to experience as much as this game can offer me during the Betas. I have done Betas for several different franchises in the MMORPG genre, and like to provide feedback both constructive as well as positive on what works, and what does not.
  • Options
    vertruvertru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to play solo and tell my friends about this upcoming game.
  • Options
    helsig74helsig74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to try out the combat mechanics for each class.
  • Options
    shimzimshimzim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to try and break the game. And while I'm at it, enjoy the visuals from a great art dept.
  • Options
    lordbeast4lordbeast4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I play on making a large amount of characters and breaking the game, that's pretty much it.
  • Options
    nikkalnikkal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to wrap myself into a warm snuggly blanket, make cups and cups of hot chocolate, and have myself a marathon gaming session exploring the wonderful world of neverwinter.
  • Options
    mehsybillmehsybill Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll probably explore the FR world with my devoted cleric.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    riinizulriinizul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the beta is to make a Control Wizard and delve into every dungeon to rid Neverwinter of its many foes! Hopefully be able to assemble my party before I go!
    These I have learned to watch for, and beware:
    Fires atop Ghaethluntatar, ships sailing the skies of the Moonsea,
    Beholders seen in the Ghost Halls, black-hued elves seen anywhere,
    And a Storm in Shadowdale.
    Nestrel Mharrokk, Sage of Saerloon
    Old Pages from an Old Sage
    published in The Year of the Elven Swords Returned
  • Options
    gobleangoblean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Try as much as possible in the time allotted. Make every class/race combo, or at least look at all of them. I also plan on eating some snacks, and enjoying a delicious beverage while playing.
  • Options
    azman2112azman2112 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to spend the beta trying out the different classes and figuring out which one I like the best. I am thinking Dwarf Trickster Rogue right now...but who knows!!
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I work in a high pressure job that keeps me on my toes. Playing MMO's is a release from the daily stress that I endure. I look forward to testing out Neverwinter and to explore its richness. For me, being a part of a guild and having the friendships that are associated with it is an important aspect of the game. I intend on exploring that portion of the game and seeing how Neverwinter has been built with guilds in mind for when the actual game does open. Crafting is another aspect that is an important component of the game, which is something else I want to take a hard look at so that when the game is released, the players have a better understanding of how and what are viable crafting options for them. Providing feedback to the developers is what beta testing is all about, I hope to be able to give them my unbiased opinion in that regard on all facets of the game that I will be able to explore.

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • Options
    volanirvolanir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to really kick the tires on the dungeons. I love grouping up with friends and seeing how well the different classes play off each other and support each other. Creating quests and dungeons really has my attention and I am afraid I would spend so much time in there I might not have any time left for the dungeons!
  • Options
    rustplayerrustplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to enjoy the game and foundry, report any bugs I might find and just have a blast.

That should suffice for a long, long time :)
  • Options
    rustplayerrustplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited February 2013
    nikkal wrote: »
    I'm going to wrap myself into a warm snuggly blanket, make cups and cups of hot chocolate, and have myself a marathon gaming session exploring the wonderful world of neverwinter.

Sounds nice! Have fun :)
  • Options
    fookingbsfookingbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to learn as much about the game as possible so that I can convince all my friends to play too!
This discussion has been closed.