test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    heretic789heretic789 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to get to a mid level with a few characters to get a feel for each of them, I want to make some gaming friends, I want to find as many secrets and Easter eggs as possible.
  • Options
    velloss999velloss999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    More than anything I want to explore neverwinter, the city itself with every nook and cranny. Charwood is one of my favourite in the entire world, I would create a Wizard and explore and adventure in Charwood till the end of days if I could.
  • Options
    iceviperdwiceviperdw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to hunt and kill a Chromatic Dragon!
  • Options
    kilesekilese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Spend countless hours designing the cutest elf, because if you are not killing in style, why kill at all?

Five minutes in realize that I have chosen the wrong hair color and back to the beginning.

Next, I will search for a mailbox. If there is anything a mailbox needs, it is a cute dancing elf. There is dancing right?

So after the epic quest for a mailbox has been victorious, various baddies will be swatted at with my mace. But no kitties will be harmed in the playing this beta, because kitties.
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Try out the calsses i want to so i can pick my main character, try out some of the group content and find out as much of the story as possible.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I will test out as much as possible, and definitely check out The Foundry.
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I decided to make my plans in image form, I hope that is ok, as I find it better illustrates my plans.

Here are my plans if I don't luckily get a beta invite or somehow by a miracle win the founders pack either one:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6296/officeno.gif

and if I do....

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/992/neverwinterspiderace.gif

If I get into beta I'd likely spend way too much time in character creation, tweaking my character (even if it will be deleted lol), then exploring all over the world and doing everything I can until the beta weekend is over.
  • Options
    nealybealynealybealy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans for the Beta weekends would be to see as much of the game as possible, and try out everything! This will be the first D&D game I've played, and I'm really interested in how it is. Trying the dungeons is certainly something I want to do, and who knows, maybe I'll hit the level cap on the way there. :)
  • Options
    r3a11yc0mpl3xr3a11yc0mpl3x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to see how the questing flows and really test combat. It looks fun.
  • Options
    wolfskinswolfskins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan for beta weekends would be to play around with character creation/customization. I spend crazy amounts of time in games creating, deleting, and recreating my characters to get a perfect look for them, so I'd use the beta weekends to see what creation options are available, and start planning my future characters.

Then, I'd create the UGLIEST character I possibly could, just for laughs :)
  • Options
    endermandsendermands Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to try out as many classes as possible. Want to see a little of everything and save the deep stuff for launch.
  • Options
    eljacko56eljacko56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm definitely going to level to 15 as quickly as possible and spend most of the rest of the time in the Foundry. I absolutely adore everything about the Foundry and I'm desperate to see what I can do with it, particularly in terms of storytelling and level design. Beyond that I may also check out what kind of roleplaying scene is springing up. If I end up winning the HoN pack then I won't even need to bother with all that leveling, I'll be able to skip right to the Foundry.
  • Options
    vidarusvidarus Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal? To shoot magic at everything possible, of course. Once I figure out how to do that without freezing or setting myself on fire.
  • Options
    mrjcjcmrjcjc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Full on powerplay. Get together with all my friends and just plvl explore and gather as much knowledge as we can.
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to kick (the tires on the) Foundry and chew bubble gum :D
  • Options
    dreadwaffledreadwaffle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a proud son of Moradin, there can be only one option for a early look at the forging of Neverwinter...

I am going to pour through the available beard options for male dwarves with a fine tooth comb, and I'm hoping that there a variety of options of such thickness and vitality that I can't even get said comb through the beard itself! I want beard that are so tough that they add +1 to armor class, yet appear as lively and vibrant as if in a Dwarven shampoo commercial. (Speaking of which, what would a dwarven brand of shampoo be? Vidal Saloon? Head and Shoulders (Below a Human)? Oh, duh...Axe!)
  • Options
    bullock31bullock31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to see how the game plays,hoping it has nice environments and nice combat system.Will the characters be able to eat cake in the game because that needs to be implemented right away.
  • Options
    snykisnyki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to check all the classes,explore all content and try to find bug,glitches and report them here on the forums so the guy of cryptic can fix them.
  • Options
    vyrennvyrenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my goals for beta are the following trying the trickster thief tinker with the foundry and exploring the world while trying to make as many friends as possible for launch to jump into those dungeons :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    I plan on crying deeply in 20 minute intervals because I wasn't picked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • Options
    artificialhnc2artificialhnc2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to see the game. Mostly, I want to delve in to the mechanics behind the game and what that may mean for endgame. I will also use the time to determine the class I will want to play come release and how much cash I want to invest in the game. Afterwards, game testing.
  • Options
    corsairrazioncorsairrazion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal for beta is to spend 5 hours in character creation being OCD and making an aesthetically pleasing character. At which point I will proceed to slay whatever foul beasts you can throw at me. ;D
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan after making my character is to explore every nook and crannie of Neverwinter finding the hidden lore along with the questing for glory and treasure!

And Dungeon Delve for mad lewtz :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to level as quick as possible and check out the current Foundry features to have a decent current understanding of what types of options are most likely to be available, and then to start planning my designs.
  • Options
    riftsowerriftsower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to immerse myself in the game for the weekend, starting with partying up with my friends. We would probably power through most questing, while I'd occasionally whine at them to slow down because I'm either listening to a NPC or watching a cut-scene they all skipped. Once we were of adequate level we would begin the dungeon delves pretty hard. Not only have we been playing MMO's together for over 6 years now, but we've also been playing 4E D&D tabletop for almost as long. With that in mind, I would spend a lot of my solo time tinkering with the Foundry in hopes that I could recreate the latest dungeon that my group just conquered in our home campaign.
    Then finally when we all get tired of the PvE grind, we would take all our newly acquired phat loot and go wreck in whatever PvP is available.
  • Options
    khajidkhajid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Exploring and experimenting with classes are at the top of my list. Sleep is...optional, coffee not so much.
    Check out my Tumblr Blog at http://megagamebuzz.tumblr.com or follow me on Twitter @megagamebuzz
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd be interested to see what Cryptic has learnt from their previous three titles, first impressions count after all.
  • Options
    spicarrospicarro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm definitelty gonna try each and every single class to see how they fare. I'm really curious about the cleric, since we haven't seen a video about it! If i can manage it, I'm gonna try a few race/class combination that I'm absolutely eager to try. But I think I'll just stick to low levels since there's is not enough time to reach that level cap! :D
  • Options
    soumahatsunesoumahatsune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans for the weekend would be to sit there and test every single thing I possibly could. I would spend a lot of time in character customization to see just how unique or how beautiful I can make my characters. And I would roll every single class I could to test them out and see how each handles. I also plan on getting fully immersed into doing all the content thats in the game as possible looking for any bugs and most of all checking out how everything looks and feels. That is a huge thing for me since I am currently in college for game design and will be graduating this term. I really love seeing how different game companies go about creating things and designing things for their games.
    So in short I plan on doing everything in game that I possibly can in the amount of time we have. Be it playing the game for fun, while at the same time playing it to look for any bugs or graphical errors or just things that don't feel right. And I especially am interested in making sure the characters and classes aren't unbalanced or don't feel like they fit in the setting.
  • Options
    caliemcaliem Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to try each class and see how their powers work specifically the daily powers and see how close to actual 4th edition d&d they come then choose a class to get as far as I can cause make I love me some d&d.
This discussion has been closed.