test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goals are two fold.
    1. Find and report any abnormality (bug) that I can find.
    2. Explore everything the foundry has to offer. (<3 Making my own adventures, hurrah!)

(oops, called the foundry a forge >_<)
  • Options
    diethediethe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to stress test as much quests as I can, check out every nook and cranny in the social hubs, hit the cap, check out the dungeons and generally contribute bugs, suggestions, feedback and other stuff I can probably come up with relating to FR lore.
    http://diethe.deviantart.com/

Need a sprite? Get in here!
  • Options
    doctordevicedoctordevice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will tirelessly protect Neverwinter from all of its foes.
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to try out as many of the dungeons as possible to get a feel for how multiplayer combat works, as well as create a few sample foundry missions, if I'm able, to see how they interact with the game would at large.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to hit level 15 and jump in the Foundry if it's available in the first beta. If the Foundry isn't open in the first beta, then it's to play so much that my girlfriend breaks up with me.
  • Options
    zyklon8bzyklon8b Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan for the beta is to test out the character customization - every race and class and explore as much as I can.
  • Options
    biriocbirioc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If possible, I'd love to try all the classes and races. If not, then I'll definitely try to level a Tiefling Wizard as high as I can. I'm excited to explore all the nooks and crannies of the City of Neverwinter!
  • Options
    bubbajoleebubbajolee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just want to check out the game and have fun. If I find a bug or two that I can't squash, I will report it for being unfun. :)
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    My plans for the Beta weekends are to test out the Trickster Rogue and learn its mechanics and definitely to get up to the max level available for the beta. :)
  • Options
    truesithtruesith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to explore the game in it's entirety and to help report bugs / give feedback to improve the game as much as possible.

but come on lets be honest everyone has 100's of goals for the beta but we all share one in common: To play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play some more......and oh ya to play!
  • Options
    broadsword09875broadsword09875 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What would I do in Beta weekend as a founder?
    New lands to explore
    Exciting combat to experiment with
    V.I.P access to Moonstone Mask Tavern
    Even create my own dungeons in the foundry
    Robe of usless items to show off and play with
    Witnes years of dedicated work on this epic game
    Intence dungeons and storys
    New and exciting combat roles in a mmo
    Try the character customisation options
    Epic adventure awaits
    Roleplaying playing game of the year.

Just a sample of the reasons to want to win.
  • Options
    nicklas95nicklas95 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will play with my friend who haven't got any key yet so Ill help him around a bit and teach him what I know (not so much :P) but im also gonna continue with my foundry project if I'm not done with it till then. and if i win this contest i hope to spread some love to the other friends aswell :D
    I own the powers of a cat because I'm a Kitty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's Nyan cat's powers!
    (And Puss In Boots)
  • Options
    eeijaneeijan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm pretty sure the first thing I will do is go straight to the City Core looking for all the hero's I've read about that are still alive, and slowly work my way the docks, and see if I can catch a ship south towards water deep, and if fate has different plans I'll just go in whatever direction the wind takes the sails. And I plan on looting plenty of treasure along the way and warding off all those who think about taking it from me!
  • Options
    da3dulasda3dulas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to test the games systems and find as many game breaking and hilarious bugs as possible report the game breaking ones and post youtube videos about the hilarious ones :cool:
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, so many possibilities,.....maybe start with a Halfling GWF, and see if that freeks out the server, or the folks on the server.
    then go to exploreing, trying to find ways to get stuck in the maps. Also try and take screenies from unusual places, and see if any one in the beta forums can figure out where they were taken from. Mess around with combat and see what the numbers are to see if any thing is broken, outa whack or just peachy. Somewhere along the line check out the mounts and pets, see what all they can do. And finaly, check out the foundry, since the Hero pack gives instant access to it. Also cant forget, have fun killing lots of stuff while doing all that.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to try out the combat system and adventure around the world. I've been looking forward to that for a long time now.
  • Options
    grimreaperintraininggrimreaperintraining Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    i cant wait to mess around with the foundry :)
  • Options
    cvodacvoda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    will not report bugs.
    will try to annoy as many people as possible.
    will try to scam folks.
    will try to crash the server.
    will try to duplicate items and use them for any of the above.
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited February 2013
    The true answer: Since I don't have a beta key, it will be a typical weekend.
    Saturday- I babysit--my niece and nephew-- so I will be doing any/many of the following:
    Watching a disney princess movie
    making snow angels
    changing diapers
    playing "school"
    taking a nap
    listening to "Beiber" songs until my ears bleed
    building a blanket fort
    watching "Annoying Orange" episodes (until my eyes bleed)
    building a LEGO mansion (with my collection of "old skool" legos)
    reading a book (written for 6 year olds)
    playing hide-n-go-seek
    Sunday- sleeping and recovering from Saturday.

The answer you probably wanted:

I will totally ignore all of my RL obligations/activities and totally immerse myself in your game! Explore every nook and cranny, kill every mob I find, take on every challenge, ....while at the same time....submitting numerous (and immensely helpful) bug reports, giving constructive feedback, and spellchecking every little bit of text I have the pleasure of reading. I will only take time off to visit the bathroom or to refuel my body(with food that takes no preparation time whatsoever.) Sleep can wait until Monday.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to try all classes and all races, not to level too high but to get a real feel for what I will be using as Main. Alot of character customising also.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    mushuratmushurat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to join a party, adventure into the unknown and heal/protect them as a cleric as we try to make the game explode with our sheer awesomeness. That bearing in mind, epic loot is bound to happen.
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is hot dogs.
  • Options
    thefreakdthefreakd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was gonna smash my way through some awesome game called Neverwinter but the fates decided to hit the east coast of Australia with a cyclone last week. Many floods and blackouts. When was all over I found my pc hadn't made it through it all

My week end will be trying to get the computer fix and not be a founder of this awesome game.

Again :'-(
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the beta is a multi-step process. A process that I have been running through my head for the better part of 2 years.

First I will find someone to switch shifts with me so I can be off work Friday and Saturday. (this has been done already so CHECK)

Second is to stock up on my favorite Hefe-Weizen, snacks and Coffee. (will do this on Thursday the 7th)

Third is to make sure the wife and dogs are tired of seeing my face so they leave me alone for the weekend. (taking the Wife out to lunch on Thursday, breakfast on Friday and the Dogs to the park Friday afternoon)

Fourth is to ensure the game is downloaded, all drivers are up to date and my case is cleaned of dust (will start this on Monday)

Fifth is to make sure I get plenty of sleep Wednesday and Thursday nights so I'm rested for the weekend. No more 3 to 4 am late nights for me!

and

Lastly I will enjoy my time when the servers open for as long as my old bones can continue to stay awake.

I plan on doing many things, but my main focus will be on immersion setting activities like wondering around and taking in all the sites. Creating the perfect look for my Drow, and checking out Foundry if its available.

I have never been as excited for a game like I have this one and I plan on relishing in eveyrthing and hoping and praying that the 3 days don't go by so fast. Thank you and your team for such an amazing chance to see what I consider the best game to release in many years. It's not often I get to say that but based on all the videons and interviews I have checked, double checked and triple checked I know this title offers me near almost evrything I ever want out of an MMO (minus player housing). Thanks form the bottom of my heart for giving me the luxury of finally seeing this dream realized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    draxonflydraxonfly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just hope I will be able to get in and give the game a go.. ;)
    draxonflynw1.jpg
  • Options
    argorikargorik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Explore the vast areas and see new monsters first hand
  • Options
    ninjaphoenixninjaphoenix Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan on being a world traveler and taking in as many sights and areas that the weekend (and the Beta) will allow!
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Member Posts: 818 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I want to explore and poke my nose in every darn corner of the place... and try out the guild tools and social stuff.

I'm an RP junkie.. I admit it

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    A leader of The Blackwatch Defenders
  • Options
    firehawke115firehawke115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan on experiencing as much of the game as I can so that I will be able to report back to my friends and guild on all the cool things. Hopefully I will experience enough to entice them to come join in the fun!
  • Options
    lorddetroxlorddetrox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Just looking to try this out and see how it compares to other D&D games. And to give my input into making this the best of the RPG action games out there. It's about time we get a good and lasting game in the series.
This discussion has been closed.