test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Founder's Packs now available!

Comments

• Options
    kryciuskrycius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 88
    edited January 2013
    I think what I'd like to know the most is what in these packs will we be able to purchase after the game launches from in the store? ie.. Will the Renegade background be offered in the HERO pack only, or purchaseable later on, same with spider and horse. Frankly I could care less about an armored spider and would rather have the horse yet I would want the panther over the wolf any day even if I was playing a regular elf. Last time i bought a game for $200 was when LOTRO released and i paid for that founder pack which included a lifetime subscription, which in the long paid for istelf even before LOTRO went FTP. I am also a lifetime VIP under F2P model of that game so it still pays off.

If the Renegade background is uniqe to this Hero pack then i can see it being worth my $$$ but If i can later buy it without the spider and what not then id rather do that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    jenny867 wrote: »
    Also the Astral Diamonds which I assume would also be. Thank you so very much Zeb! :o

Edit: Oh and anyone happen to know off hand when the deadline, if there is one, for buying these packs is?

The Astral Diamonds do stack, this was clarified earlier. If I can find it, I'll reply again.

On note of length, there was a twitter response to this:

@Captain_Revo
    @NeverwinterGame Do you know how long these packs are on offer for? Will they still be sold after the beta has finished, or even forever?
    @NeverwinterGame
    @Captain_Revo We'll continue to sell them throughout our Betas but be sure to grab them early before our first Beta Weekend on 2/8/13!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Astral Diamond Clarification:
    Can you buy each of the packs and if so do the items stacks (the hero of the north pack doesn't have the mount/companion in the middle pack so if both were purchased would you get these and other pack items stack)?
    I'm told that the items do stack. In the example you gave, with the mount and companion, buying both the Guardian and Hero packs would get you the Direwolf and Horse, plus the Panther and Armored Spider. In addition, many of the items in the packs do stack with each other, so you would get 875,000 Astral Diamonds. Some of the items in there may be account unlocks, though.
  • Options
    pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vankillian wrote: »
    This all looks great, I'm pumped to try this out, -been waiting for a Forgotten Realms (or Greyhawk) setting MMO my whole life. What I'm curious about....the description on the panther specifically says it fights. I'm curious if the Direwolf also is a fighting pet, or merely a "companion" pet similar to what we see in so many MMOs?

Hrm, not sure. I'll ask around.

zebular wrote: »
    I've requested the point of Character Slots stacking or not be clarified. No ETA on it's clarification though, sorry!

We've asked one of the dev leads, but no answer just yet -- everyone's just getting done with lunch. :/

jenny867 wrote: »
    Edit: Oh and anyone happen to know off hand when the deadline, if there is one, for buying these packs is?

I don't think we've announced an end time, but as Pinpoint noted, you'll want to snag yours in time for the first beta weekend. :)

krycius wrote: »
    I think what I'd like to know the most is what in these packs will we be able to purchase after the game launches from in the store? ie.. Will the Renegade background be offered in the HERO pack only, or purchaseable later on, same with spider and horse.

We're billing a number of these items as exclusive, so I'd assume that these will be only for Hero players.
  • Options
    namander1namander1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love the $200 pack as I'm a huge Drizzt fan and helping devs out is something I'd love to do. However I do have a question:

What is the exchange rate between the 750,000 astral crystals and dollars? It seems like it should be quite a bit if the value is around $500. I've seen this question asked before but haven't seen an answer.

Thanks!
  • Options
    tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would be interested to know what "AND SO MUCH MORE!" in the Hero's of the North Pack means. It's the only one that has that claim in the pack descriptions. As all three have the Adventure's Helper Pack. Then they all could have "AND SO MUCH MORE!" written in their description. But they don't? So are there other unique items to the Hero's of the North Pack that aren't mentioned in the product description?

Also how does/will issuing the Adventure's Helper Pack work? Is it automatically assigned to the first character you create. Or do you have it waiting in a cash shop front that you collect on the character you want to use it on?
  • Options
    jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    ...I don't think we've announced an end time, but as Pinpoint noted, you'll want to snag yours in time for the first beta weekend. :)

We're billing a number of these items as exclusive, so I'd assume that these will be only for Hero players.

I KNOW! That is why I am so hell bent on getting clarification, haha. Wanna give you my money and snatch it up as soon as possible. :p

And there's that word... assume. It wouldn't matter either way but would be pretty cool to know that only a select group of people were ever able to have the exclusive content. Guess I will have to wait and see.

*pouts in a corner*
    Thanks so much for doing what you are doing! I really appreciate what you guys do and I know it isn't easy getting little bits and pieces of info back after asking a five page essay worth of questions.
    namander1 wrote: »
    I love the $200 pack as I'm a huge Drizzt fan and helping devs out is something I'd love to do. However I do have a question:

What is the exchange rate between the 750,000 astral crystals and dollars? It seems like it should be quite a bit if the value is around $500. I've seen this question asked before but haven't seen an answer.

Thanks!

I'll take that! As of now there is no way of telling what the in game economy will be like so it is all speculation based on the dilithium(Star Trek Online)/whatever else they use in the other Cryptic/PWE games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    namander1 wrote: »

Thanks!

*sigh* And once more... STO and CO have Dilithium and Questionite respectively in the same place as Astral Diamonds now standin NW. While the Exchange rate between those and Zen do fluctuate in both STO and CO, they haven't done much fluctuation from around the 180 to 190 per Zen range with possible higher and lower fluctuations on occassion. Zen being 100 per $1, I therefore have guestimated the value to be around $37 to $43 for 750,000, and have posted this several times all over the place. Some moderators have confirmed that similar exchange rates appear to be in other PWE games, while at least one keeps standing on the notion that each game is somehow different enough that we cannot speculate with any certainty what the value in dollars of 750,000 might be.
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    tronc8463 wrote: »
    I would be interested to know what "AND SO MUCH MORE!" in the Hero's of the North Pack means. It's the only one that has that claim in the pack descriptions. As all three have the Adventure's Helper Pack. Then they all could have "AND SO MUCH MORE!" written in their description. But they don't? So are there other unique items to the Hero's of the North Pack that aren't mentioned in the product description?

Also how does/will issuing the Adventure's Helper Pack work? Is it automatically assigned to the first character you create. Or do you have it waiting in a cash shop front that you collect on the character you want to use it on?

A) Click on the MORE button to find out.
    B) Good question for all packs that have even one thing with only "one per account" on it.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Based on how CO/STO works, you'll have something in the Zen/Astral Crystal store that is flagged as yours to get for free (but only once), so you can choose who you want to give the Adventure's Helper Pack (and other items) to.

The system is smart enough to know how many of them you should get, too. One total, one per character, etc.
  • Options
    taylorvsmithtaylorvsmith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Worth it! Can't wait to get started. :)
  • Options
    tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A) Click on the MORE button to find out.
    B) Good question for all packs that have even one thing with only "one per account" on it.

Thanks for the reply. However clicking on MORE is where I saw the message "AND MUCH MORE!" There is no further MORE button within the explanation of the Hero's of the North Pack. So if you click on the MORE button and browse down to the other items. Above them you will see "BECOME A HERO OF THE NORTH FOUNDER TO RECEIVE ALL THIS, AND SO MUCH MORE!" So how do I find out what SO MUCH MORE means? Or are they referring to the content below? Which really is only:

MENZOBERRANZAN RENEGADE Background
    Jump the queue - Account
    Founder's Armour Aura
    Dungeon Master unlock
    Delzoun Treasure Box
    2 Extra Character Slots
    625,000 Astral Diamonds

I omitted the companion and mounts because superficially they are the same thing.

I'm just trying to justify buying the Hero's of the North over a Guardian of Neverwinter + Neverwinter Starter. So those items must value $120? So if we say that at absolute best 650,000 is worth $40. That means those other items equal $80?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the reply. However clicking on MORE is where I saw the message "AND MUCH MORE!" There is no further MORE button within the explanation of the Hero's of the North Pack. So if you click on the MORE button and browse down to the other items. Above them you will see "BECOME A HERO OF THE NORTH FOUNDER TO RECEIVE ALL THIS, AND SO MUCH MORE!" So how do I find out what SO MUCH MORE means? Or are they referring to the content below? Which really is only:

Jump the queue - Account
    Founder's Armour Aura
    Dungeon Master unlock
    Delzoun Treasure Box
    2 Extra Character Slots
    625,000 Astral Diamonds

I omitted the companion and mounts because superficially they are the same thing.

I'm just trying to justify buying the Hero's of the North over a Guardian of Neverwinter + Neverwinter Starter. So those items must value $120? So if we say that at absolute best 650,000 is worth $40. That means those other items equal $80?

Not sure what page you're looking at. Sounds right. AH! There it is. "BECOME A HERO OF THE NORTH FOUNDER TO RECEIVE ALL THIS, AND SO MUCH MORE!" My guess is that this is simply bad marketing writing. What they meant was "All of the above, plus all this below" same as on the Guardian package page. Reasoning: On the first page listing all three, they say, essentially, these 4 items plus X more for both Heroes and Guardian. You count up the Heroes page and sure enough, there are 18 items listed. Count up the Guardian page (including splitting down the mount and companion) and you come up with 13 (4+7). So there is "no more." Though it could also be argued that they wrote that in such a way intentionally just in case they had to add more due to the fact that it's still not even quite a logical value of $200 let along $549. Closer than they had posted before, but still not quite.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You gotta remember also how it's a $549 value for the entire pack.

Somehow.

CrypticMath!
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What you see now in the packs is what you get, so yes, they did pull the moonstone tavern thing out of the $60 pack. All prizes are cumulative, therefore yes, you would get both horses.

Thnx but I was able to assume that all on my own, what I want clarification on is: Previously the "mask" gave you access to the vip section so does it still or did they change how the mask works.

I would like a dev/mod to comment on the other questions as well. I am not buying diddly till these question are clear. I already have a sto lifetime key applied as well as a pc gamer key applied.

It's kind of sucky they are selling these pack BEFORE we can even try the game out. Pre orders and founders stuff is suppose to be in relation to the official release date not closed betas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Not sure what page you're looking at. Sounds right. AH! There it is. "BECOME A HERO OF THE NORTH FOUNDER TO RECEIVE ALL THIS, AND SO MUCH MORE!" My guess is that this is simply bad marketing writing. What they meant was "All of the above, plus all this below" same as on the Guardian package page. Reasoning: On the first page listing all three, they say, essentially, these 4 items plus X more for both Heroes and Guardian. You count up the Heroes page and sure enough, there are 18 items listed. Count up the Guardian page (including splitting down the mount and companion) and you come up with 13 (4+7). So there is "no more." Though it could also be argued that they wrote that in such a way intentionally just in case they had to add more due to the fact that it's still not even quite a logical value of $200 let along $549. Closer than they had posted before, but still not quite.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    While it makes sense to price the diamonds similar to their other 2 games, there are 2 differences that speak against it,

1) This game was built from ground up as ftp, the other 2 were switched over.

2) PWE got involved early enough to be able to demand changes that would be more to their liking, instead of taking over current
    store/currency values.

Was thinking about that earlier before the site update, only way i could get value of the pack to reach 540'ish dollars was with a price of 1 dollar per 1500-2000 diamonds.

I do hope its one thing they will clear up soon, well one among many :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    While it makes sense to price the diamonds similar to their other 2 games, there are 2 differences that speak against it,

2) PWE got involved early enough to be able to demand changes that would be more to their liking, instead of taking over current
    store/currency values.

Was thinking about that earlier before the site update, only way i could get value of the pack to reach 540'ish dollars was with a price of 1 dollar per 1500-2000 diamonds.

Here's the flaw to the argument: The Zen wasn't added to STO or CO until the F2P as I understand it to begin with. Before that, there was a totally different economic system on STO, in fact. Not sure what CO had. And yes, I agree with what you're saying about the only way to reach $549, but there's nothing currently in the game in the way of how to spend just the Diamonds that makes me think the economy is any different than STO or CO.
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Did you watch the video? That's what sold me on the Hero pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    Did you watch the video? That's what sold me on the Hero pack.
    I did and it was very good. But not enough for me personally yet to justify throwing down an extra $120 for it. That's a lot of extra Adventure Packs/Starter Packs I could buy, or Astral Diamonds.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Here's the flaw to the argument: The Zen wasn't added to STO or CO until the F2P as I understand it to begin with. Before that, there was a totally different economic system on STO, in fact. .

I forget what the currency was in STO but there was one in place, I kinda missed pwe swap so cant remember how it much it was compared to zen.

main point was this is first game from cryptic where pwe can really leave their mark, which puts, as we can see with the different packs, everything on the table to be changed, hopefully to the better :)
  • Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can you let us know what error message you get here? We'll look into it for you.

Recap: I purchased the HERO pack early this morning and tried to purchase the guardian pack after that because I really wanted the horse and the wolf. I got an error msg over and over again and that is why I asked for help here. Now I re-tried and it worked, I got both packs, but I hope that only the extra horse and wolf apply right? I mean, I will get 5 days early acess and all other stuff from the HERO one, right?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I did and it was very good. But not enough for me personally yet to justify throwing down an extra $120 for it. That's a lot of extra Adventure Packs/Starter Packs I could buy, or Astral Diamonds.

Once I saw the spider mount in the video, that was enough for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    betafoolbetafool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope this game is worth it :P
  • Options
    betafoolbetafool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    Once I saw the spider mount in the video, that was enough for me.

How did u get ur hero of the north already? I have yet to get mine...
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    will we have to apply a code or is our account just going to be open on or by the 8th?
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    betafool wrote: »
    How did u get ur hero of the north already? I have yet to get mine...

Looks like you figured it out. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    will we have to apply a code or is our account just going to be open on or by the 8th?

When you purchase the pack it automatically applies the key to your account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    emperorpuddingemperorpudding Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bugger it all. I hope it's worth it. I may have just been snookered, but I'm wishing for the best. Time to get my RP on... Just hope there aren't fifty million Drizzt wanna-be's out there. I mean, he's awesome, but sheesh... get your own schtick. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Jump the queue - Account
    Founder's Armour Aura
    Dungeon Master unlock
    Delzoun Treasure Box
    2 Extra Character Slots
    625,000 Astral Diamonds

I can't answer what items are valued as what. Cryptic will have to decide if they answer if they have a specific value or this was a general estimated number. I will not estimate guesstimate or further "break down" a cost amount.

Respectfully, what is on the linked page here:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero

is what you get in entirity for that package. The "so much more" is both referring to what's above that wording and the value of the game itself from that pack including the advanced date gameplay. Please don't ask what else you get since it's all on that page, thanks.

And the game will use both ZEN and Astral Diamonds in its money value for exchange and purchase. Please don't ask for details as we are not able to release it yet.

Besides waiting confirmation on the total number of slots, all items are added, not overwritten if you choose to buy one pack and another with Hero of the North+Guardian.

Companions are beings that fight for your behalf while mounts are NOT and are transportation. I'm not sure if "hits" are being publicly discussed so I can't go into detail about the armoring and attacks with mounts.
    Anyone at cryptic that could answer why the price in euro is between 25-28% higher than what you charge in dollars?

all 3 packs bought once is suddenly 357~ dollars instead of 280, that is a significant difference, at least to me :)

VAT, sorry beyond the US's control. Speak to your MP if unhappy.
    ahrimavizx wrote: »
    I'm guessing this will be a no-wipe open beta, since it lists a headstart for open beta and not for launch?

Actully the headstart days are for LAUNCH as Melanderi stated.

And Cryptic cannot make any promises abut beta characters NOT being wiped. But you CAN regain wiped non consumable items again to your character(s). Please be advised they are bound.

axan29 wrote: »
    why do we get charged 189.99 euros as that is not the same as $200 ???

Because euros and dollars are not at equal parity for the exchange rate. Also see VAT.

store/currency values.

The rate of NWO exchange is still not publicly released, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]