test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Founder's Packs now available!

Comments

• teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So you don't understand what the word "cumulative" means?

Snide remark aside...yes I do, but if you actually read what I said...some things are assumed not too, possibly for restrictive reasons. Fact is, I wanted a clearer, frankly...crystal clear answer on everything, which honestly we're entitled too if we have to burn that much money to get it all.

Some things like the Character Slots were never expected to stack together (which is a perfectly valid understanding), and in some cases it's been assumed the highest Astral Diamond amount will only apply (not me personally, but could see why it was asked). I know what cumulative means, but if I (or anyone else for that matter) wants to carefully spend $280 for a limited offer in blind support of a game we hope will be great, we need to know "precisely" what may or may not stack together, what will wipe out, or which things will or will not appear duplicate. It's a question of details, many items say "once per character" or "once per account", and could quite validly wipe out any extras from other packs of the same thing.

In any case, he said to ask more questions of him, I did...they weren't asked of "you", nor was the mindly snide reply wanted, it's a lot of money to spend even for someone who can just toss it away at a game, details are vital, single word answers such as "cumulative" aren't enough with conflicting details as mentioned above.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    teknykk wrote: »
    Snide remark aside...yes I do, but if you actually read what I said...some things are assumed not too, possibly for restrictive reasons. Fact is, I wanted a clearer, frankly...crystal clear answer on everything, which honestly we're entitled too if we have to burn that much money to get it all.

Some things like the Character Slots were never expected to stack together (which is a perfectly valid understanding), and in some cases it's been assumed the highest Astral Diamond amount will only apply (not me personally, but could see why it was asked). I know what cumulative means, but if I (or anyone else for that matter) wants to carefully spend $280 for a limited offer in blind support of a game we hope will be great, we need to know "precisely" what may or may not stack together, what will wipe out, or which things will or will not appear duplicate. It's a question of details, many items say "once per character" or "once per account", and could quite validly wipe out any extras from other packs of the same thing.

In any case, he said to ask more questions of him, I did...they weren't asked of "you", nor was the mindly snide reply wanted, it's a lot of money to spend even for someone who can just toss it away at a game, details are vital, single word answers such as "cumulative" aren't enough with conflicting details as mentioned above.

Just because they were "never expected" to stack together does not mean they were "never meant" to stack together. Astral diamonds are simple. They'll all likely be cumulated in the Exchange, so if you post two keys you'll get two posts into the Exchange giving you both amounts, not one or the other. Since it is highly likely you can get more character slots later, stacking two keys for two amounts of character slots is not brain surgery. Nothing conflicts.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would say probably best to by the $60 on first, just in case but after thst buy as many $20s as youd like and buy a $200
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So... if I end giving someone my spare founder beta key (that it says that works for just one weekend) and that person already has, let's say, a Torchlight II pre-purchase (PW) beta key applied... does the founder one cancel the previous TL II b-key? Or that someone can use the founder b-key to play the first weekend and then access the other two via TL II b-key?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Personal opinion:

The $200 and $60 options will only be there until Launch (or some cut off date before that).

The $20 one will be available at any time, as it's a per-character basis (based on how the mod said that you can buy it multiple times).

This is also why the $60 option is missing the Small Bag of Holding (so you can buy it later). How much it'll cost and if it'll be in in game resources or Astral Diamonds only is to be determined.

Can this be confirmed at all?
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *most everything you have said*.

Agreed.

My only departure from that is the basing of the Astral Diamond values. We both know that the Diamond market will be very fluid in the begining.
    The Diamond Exchange may not even be turned on during the Beta. Don't know yet.
    Really getting a "value" of the Diamonds will only take place about a month after game launches.
    If it follows the 25/500 min/Max from CO and STO, then their value can range anywhere between 1500z ($15) - 30,000z ($300) for the $200 pack.
    Until we have a substantial number of end game characters needing to buy the End Game Gear with the Diamonds, their true value is questionable. IMHO
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • badgerwibadgerwi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So is there a subscription
    ? And if so do I get life time sub if I buy founders of the north pack. Not knowing that is the one thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on buying thebig pack
  • jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    Just because they were "never expected" to stack together does not mean they were "never meant" to stack together. Astral diamonds are simple. They'll all likely be cumulated in the Exchange, so if you post two keys you'll get two posts into the Exchange giving you both amounts, not one or the other. Since it is highly likely you can get more character slots later, stacking two keys for two amounts of character slots is not brain surgery. Nothing conflicts.

Yeah I would also really like confirmation of this before I decide anything! It makes sense that it would but then again not everything or everyone contains common sense. Can we get an honest answer here? Will the perks Character Slots, Respec Tokens, and Astral Diamonds stack if we purchase both packs?
    badgerwi wrote: »
    So is there a subscription
    ? And if so do I get life time sub if I buy founders of the north pack. Not knowing that is the one thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on buying thebig pack

It has been stated numerous times that there will be no subscription fee in order to play the game. The game is of a F2P(free to play) model and supposedly anyone that wants to will be able to download the client and play for absolutely free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • badgerwibadgerwi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the quick responce. My smart phone and I dont get along for things like forum searchs or anything else for that matter :-)

One more question and I'll be out of you hair I promise. The hero of the north pack grants you access to the foundry on day 1 do you know what the normal requirements will be to use the foundry? In star trek you have the be a gold member but since there will be no such distinct ions here im wondering how they will handle it.

Thanks in advance!
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jenny867 wrote: »
    Yeah I would also really like confirmation of this before I decide anything! It makes sense that it would but then again not everything or everyone contains common sense. Can we get an honest answer here? Will the perks Character Slots, Respec Tokens, and Astral Diamonds stack if we purchase both packs?

It has been stated numerous times that there will be no subscription fee in order to play the game. The game is of a F2P(free to play) model and supposedly anyone that wants to will be able to download the client and play for absolutely free.

1. You can purchase a Hero of the North Founder's Pack AND Guardian of Neverwinter once per account. You can purchase a Neverwinter Starter Kit multiple times per account.
    2. There is no way to upgrade from a lower-cost pack to a different pack. However, you can purchase different packs like I mentioned above per account and get a combination of all the goods and benefits of each pack.
    3. Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to answer them.

So, the character slots, tokens and Diamonds from the two top tiers stack. You can also by as many of the Starter Kits as you like, all of them stacking. (Multiple Amulets of Protection, Small Bags of Holding, and Helper Packs.)
    edited January 2013
    badgerwi wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick responce. My smart phone and I dont get along for things like forum searchs or anything else for that matter :-)

One more question and I'll be out of you hair I promise. The hero of the north pack grants you access to the foundry on day 1 do you know what the normal requirements will be to use the foundry? In star trek you have the be a gold member but since there will be no such distinct ions here im wondering how they will handle it.

Thanks in advance!

To use the Foundry, you will have to first level a character to 15.
  • ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awesome News! :D Would anyone happen to know if they can be gifted? Thanks! :D
    edited January 2013
    2. ...get a combination of all the goods and benefits of each pack.

3. Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.

Thank you for answering. Although I have seen that post already. But I am looking for an answer from the man himself. By the man I mean a Cryptic employee.

...combination of

Is still very vague... and with the on going joke of Cryptic's SOONtm This could mean get both mounts and pets and other perks cumulative, or just both mounts and pets...

And on point number three (3.) what is not to say that the 750,000 Astral Diamonds doesn't over ride the 125,000 from the Guardians pack, same goes for the 1 versus 3 Character slots or do you get all 4? That is what I want to know.

Unless you yourself bought both and can now confirm that you did indeed get both accumulated... oh wait you probably can't because the game is not out yet...

I would just like a solid no bull confirmation from the source. As I am sure many of us who are considering buying both packs would want before spending so much.

I am a huge fan of this game and have been for quite awhile. I want you to take my money! Just need a little solid proof that I am gonna get what I think I am gonna get. Don't think that is to much to ask.
    ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Anyone at cryptic that could answer why the price in euro is between 25-28% higher than what you charge in dollars?

all 3 packs bought once is suddenly 357~ dollars instead of 280, that is a significant difference, at least to me :)
  • rustplayerrustplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for answering. Although I have seen that post already. But I am looking for an answer from the man himself. By the man I mean a Cryptic employee.

...combination of

Is still very vague... and with the on going joke of Cryptic's SOONtm This could mean get both mounts and pets and other perks cumulative, or just both mounts and pets...

And on point number three (3.) what is not to say that the 750,000 Astral Diamonds doesn't over ride the 125,000 from the Guardians pack, same goes for the 1 versus 3 Character slots or do you get all 4? That is what I want to know.

Unless you yourself bought both and can now confirm that you did indeed get both accumulated... oh wait you probably can't because the game is not out yet...

I would just like a solid no bull confirmation from the source. As I am sure many of us who are considering buying both packs would want before spending so much.

I am a huge fan of this game and have been for quite awhile. I want you to take my money! Just need a little solid proof that I am gonna get what I think I am gonna get. Don't think that is to much to ask.
    ;)

Absolutely. If everything stacks, I'll buy the big one first (will do that anyway) and the small one in a month (when I can afford it). If we only get the two mounts and pets the price for the small pack is too high.

However, I too need confirmation from the source, not interpretations (however well meant, no offense). :-)
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    Anyone at cryptic that could answer why the price in euro is between 25-28% higher than what you charge in dollars?

all 3 packs bought once is suddenly 357~ dollars instead of 280, that is a significant difference, at least to me :)
    That sounds really weird. I know for sure that standalone Hero is cheaper and I have read the same for standalone Guardian.
  • ahrimavizxahrimavizx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm guessing this will be a no-wipe open beta, since it lists a headstart for open beta and not for launch?
  • vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    I just purchased the HERO OF THE NORTH pack, although I was mostly interested in the Horse and the Dire Wolf, the 5 days early acess will grant me some names I desire. BUT here is the deal, the page now says I can purchase the GUARDIAN pack, but when I try, I get an error mensage. Someone can tell me why?

I was able to purchase all 3 packs so it is possible.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was under the impression that 60$ guardians pack allowed access to the vip section of moonstone tavern via the moonstone mask. From what I am seeing now only the 200$ pack grants this now ? Also can this vip section of moonstone tavern (the account unlock) be purchased via the cash shop on its own ?

Also if you get the armored horse from the 60$ pack do you still get the horse from pc gamer ?

Clarification please.

Oh last thing what exactly is "Founder's Armor Aura Unique enchantment with visual FX that can be slotted into your armor." in the 200$ pack. What does this enchant do exactly other than glow prettily ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I was under the impression that 60$ guardians pack allowed access to the vip section of moonstone tavern via the moonstone mask. From what I am seeing now only the 200$ pack grants this now ? Also can this vip section of moonstone tavern (the account unlock) be purchased via the cash shop on its own ?

Also if you get the armored horse from the 60$ pack do you still get the horse from pc gamer ?

Clarification please.

Oh last thing what exactly is "Founder's Armor Aura Unique enchantment with visual FX that can be slotted into your armor." in the 200$ pack. What does this enchant do exactly other than glow prettily ?

What you see now in the packs is what you get, so yes, they did pull the moonstone tavern thing out of the $60 pack. All prizes are cumulative, therefore yes, you would get both horses.
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for answering. Although I have seen that post already. But I am looking for an answer from the man himself. By the man I mean a Cryptic employee. ;)

The quote I posted was from a Cryptic employee. (cmpinpointerror)
    :p

Here's the direct link
    edited January 2013
    The quote I posted was from a Cryptic employee. (cmpinpointerror)
    :p

Here's the direct link

Yeah I know! But as I said in the rest of my post, the answer he gave it is still vague and could use some clarification. Probably just gonna go with the Hero pack anyway... I mean do I REALLY need an extra character slot and 125,000 more astral diamonds if that is the case... probably not.

It is so tempting... maybe I can just hold out until launch and then spend my money... Curse you and your fancy pants!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • painy13painy13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i bought hero pack:D because nwn amazing
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I loved the video! Now I want a spider. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vankillianvankillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This all looks great, I'm pumped to try this out, -been waiting for a Forgotten Realms (or Greyhawk) setting MMO my whole life. What I'm curious about....the description on the panther specifically says it fights. I'm curious if the Direwolf also is a fighting pet, or merely a "companion" pet similar to what we see in so many MMOs?
  • axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    why do we get charged 189.99 euros as that is not the same as $200 ???
    edited January 2013
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I've requested the point of Character Slots stacking or not be clarified. No ETA on it's clarification though, sorry!
  • axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i bought a smiliar founders pack $200 just this week for a different game, they charged me in $ at 135 pounds so 10 punds increase not 35 like they are trying here?
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I've requested the point of Character Slots stacking or not be clarified. No ETA on it's clarification though, sorry!

Also the Astral Diamonds which I assume would also be. Thank you so very much Zeb! :o

Edit: Oh and anyone happen to know off hand when the deadline, if there is one, for buying these packs is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]