test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic/PWE about Neverwinter

Comments

• Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I hope devs give us some details before we are going on blasting the slam jam in the middle of Neverwinter CBT:
    A few general question:
    -What about is the source engine of combat system on keyboard? (Perhaps 1,2,3,4,5 key to enabling skills W/A/S/D to moving, mouse buttons; even if extra mouse button could be used!)
    -Where could we start in the beginning (in the FR city, everyone in same location or elsewhere)? Will there be pre-storylines of classes be traversed ?
    -How about are the abilities? Do we reckon distributing points (e.g. dexterity Basic:10 + adding 5 pt.) and could we conflate combat capabilities during fights like using ray of frost and then smashing the targets with wicked strike?
    -How much lore of books can we peruse ourselves?
    -Will there be any contents of locations, targets, quests, bonuses, Combat skills/abilities, Foundry missions, events F2P or some of the will be P2P?
    -Will be the Foundry in entirety generated by everyone?
    -Finally, does it means you (devs) have reclined lots of energy of emerging any glitches which may you have been experiencing lately?
    P.S.: I hope I wasn’t so enquirer and they don’t punish me for these questions.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As title implies can any of the devs say if this game will scale well past 4 cores? Basically what cpu would be better a i5-3570 of fx 8350?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    quinsareth2quinsareth2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love the Forgotten Realms, but I don't play computer games and only have a laptop. Is there any chance that Neverwinter will be released for gaming consoles such as PS3?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    It's extremely unlikely they will release the game for consoles. I won't say never but as far as I know there are no plans to launch the game in a console version.

Consoles and Computers are two completely different beasts. They're not easily interchangeable but with Windows 8 I think that *may* change. So if anything it *might* be released for X-Box in the future if Windows does the work to make things as easily compatible and transferable between the two systems as they plan.

The game should be able to run on most any machine though. Since Neverwinter is a F2P MMO they really want the game available to the most players possible. If you have a dedicated graphics card in the machine it should run even if it's at lower quality.

And here's the sucker punch. A computer for $100 > Any console. I bet you can tell I am a computer only gamer.
    But that's only because there's nothing released for a console which my computer can't do better, cheaper and easier. The way I look at it is simple, that PS3 costs more than comparable computers and can't do 1% of the tasks you can do on a 30 year old computer. ;)
    Save some money, skip the PS4 and get a computer with a dedicated graphics card. :D
  • Options
    dioxazinedioxazine Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd help out, but I'm really only qualified to answer questions directly related to the painting of elf babes.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dioxazine wrote: »
    I'd help out, but I'm really only qualified to answer questions directly related to the painting of elf babes.

It just so happens I have a question related to art ... well not exactly but...

We all have seen the Neverwinter map in PnP. Does you game copy that map to recreate protector's enclave exactly or do you - just adapt it and move around buildings at your convenience to make it players easier to cover distances?
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dioxazine wrote: »

Show us your pics!

Wait...that kinda came out creepy :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hrothgar22hrothgar22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok my questions

1. As far as classes to be annoticed is Druid at all a possiblity?
    2. Can all the races be all the class i.e. Dwarf Wizard?
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hrothgar22 wrote: »
    Ok my questions

1. As far as classes to be annoticed is Druid at all a possiblity?
    2. Can all the races be all the class i.e. Dwarf Wizard?
    I have wondered about the Druid myself
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    testinukketestinukke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do light sources in Neverwinter actually cast light? So if I wanted to do the standard issue "dark room" type dungeon with only very few strategically placed lights will players be able to utilize torches or similar "mobile" light sources to light their path?

Even more importantly is it possible to make a pitch black dungeon or can players still expect to see without lights when it's "dark".
  • Options
    neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Who is responsible for the German/French Language versions of Neverwinter, and which version is currently taking priority in development? Or are all Three versions being developed together?
  • Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    -How do we see the looted items? (Scattered around the ground= near to the body appeared)
    1.- If we do, how's that looked like? (Sparkling figures on the ground or utterly enlarged swords, shields, gloves... on earth)
    2.-Are there any secret chests, rooms that we could be untangled by a hidden switches or putting sg in actions or uttering enchanting words before we would see them?
    -Are there any bags for items we would carry?
    -Are few of NPCs acted by our side in combat?
    1.-Could we associate them of improving their abilities? I know it is action MMORPG but it would be a nice try to equip them with our bow, mage staff and so on to train them for dual swords of wielding! :cool:
    -Will we be able to make UGC, interim previews/scenes insert regarding the quest's reward by the Foundry in short timelines? (Something like that in the midway of the quest your pander blaze a trail in a dungeon in a video and then enemies trap you!)
    1.-And it won't be a sound-recorded preview, just submitted set speech or eligible written speech.
    2. These videos will be prepared via foundry but not pre-recorded!
  • Options
    sarrivinsarrivin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    testinukke wrote: »
    Do light sources in Neverwinter actually cast light? So if I wanted to do the standard issue "dark room" type dungeon with only very few strategically placed lights will players be able to utilize torches or similar "mobile" light sources to light their path?

Even more importantly is it possible to make a pitch black dungeon or can players still expect to see without lights when it's "dark".
    I think they didn't make it as complex. But yes, that's a good idea. It just adds tons of atmosphere. So Cryptic could place some switch in Foundry, i.e. "Advanced". That switch could add more complex options for advanced users, and some of them could be related to sources of light. Making dungeons really dark is great, but at the same time I think developers could need to change to whole game to make it really integrated - add torches, lanterns etc. And while that would be beyond awesome ;), I bet it's a complexity which they'd label as more annoying than fun to average Joe.
    The problem is that in NwN series all that was possible. We could menage sources of light, sound radiuses etc. I remember some of the best modules I've played were the ones where I needed to carry a torch and fight monsters (zombies!) coming from beyond my light radius. Creepy but unforgettable.
    Creator of rising, Polish Neverwinter Portal: www.neverwinter.com.pl
    My Polish D&D Online Portal: www.ddopl.com Style: Roleplayer, Explorer, Monster Killer.
    Young Musician, Admin, RPG/MMO fan and story writer, Freelancer.
  • Options
    ghrysghrys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Questions:
    1) Will there be items/powers/abilities purchased for cash that cannot be earned otherwise?
    2) Will players be limited as to the amount of content they are permitted to submit via the foundry?
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are your elves going to have the correct range of colors for Forgotten Realms? For example, moon elves are not supposed to be a Tolkien-like caucasian; their skin-tone is pale and often (meaning 'normally') leaning toward being blue-tinged.

Yup, pale blue-tinged skin. No, I'm not smoking anything wierd. Neither am I trying to start anything related to smurf jokes. Check this out:
    FR Wiki wrote:
    Like all eladrin, the Teu-tel-quessir are tall, close to humans in height, but more slender and beautiful. Moon elf skin is pale, often with an icy blue hue. Moon elf hair is commonly black, blue, or silvery white, although human-like colors are heard of as well, though very rare. Moon elf eyes, like those of other eladrin, are very commonly green, although some are blue as well. All exhibit a characteristic best described as golden flecks speckled through the iris. Male moon elves are typically taller than females.
    I know, I know... wikis aren't always accurate, but if you dig in the books, you'll see the wiki is really just parroting them here.

Now, in the interest of honoring elf chicks everywhere, here's one or two examples of a nubile moon elf ranger.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is the maximum time a utility or encounter type buff that effects the caster and the party will last? Is an encounter the duration of 1 fight, multiple fights, or a timed duration?

Or what if it says it lasts for the encounter while in the zone from the 4E rules?
  • Options
    crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    testinukke wrote: »

If you're speaking in technical terms, we have 2 types of lights in Neverwinter. There are vertex lights, which are static and baked into the environment, save for some specular effects you get when a character walks by. Then there are dynamic lights which are calculated every frame, cast shadows, and can be switched on or off or moved.

In the Foundry you can create rooms with no lights in them, so you can make a very dark and difficult to navigate environment. You could then use triggers to turn lights on and off.

There is one caveat in that we put a very faint light on the player character at all times, so you can never get the area immediately around the player character to be 100% black.

Even so, you can make the kind of content you're describing in the Foundry :)
  • Options
    crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    What is the maximum time a utility or encounter type buff that effects the caster and the party will last? Is an encounter the duration of 1 fight, multiple fights, or a timed duration?

Or what if it says it lasts for the encounter while in the zone from the 4E rules?

An encounter is one fight, however the "once per encounter" rule in 4E doesn't apply in Neverwinter. Everything is on a timer cooldown, so there is no maximum time an effect or buff can last.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    -How do we see the looted items? (Scattered around the ground= near to the body appeared)
    1.- If we do, how's that looked like? (Sparkling figures on the ground or utterly enlarged swords, shields, gloves... on earth)
    It works a lot like Borderlands. Loot falls out of your slain foes and you collect individual drops. The drops use models that represent vaguely what it is, so if it's a rare sword you'l see a glowing purple sword stuck in the ground.
    2.-Are there any secret chests, rooms that we could be untangled by a hidden switches or putting sg in actions or uttering enchanting words before we would see them?
    Yup!
    -Are there any bags for items we would carry?
    Yes, as well as bags specifically for crafting supplies.
    -Are few of NPCs acted by our side in combat?
    1.-Could we associate them of improving their abilities? I know it is action MMORPG but it would be a nice try to equip them with our bow, mage staff and so on to train them for dual swords of wielding! :cool:
    Companions are in the game and you can outfit them with some gear and enchantments.
    -Will we be able to make UGC, interim previews/scenes insert regarding the quest's reward by the Foundry in short timelines? (Something like that in the midway of the quest your pander blaze a trail in a dungeon in a video and then enemies trap you!)
    1.-And it won't be a sound-recorded preview, just submitted set speech or eligible written speech.
    2. These videos will be prepared via foundry but not pre-recorded!
    A cutscene editor would be amazing in the Foundry! I think it will happen some day, but not for launch.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    It works a lot like Borderlands. Loot falls out of your slain foes and you collect individual drops. The drops use models that represent vaguely what it is, so if it's a rare sword you'l see a glowing purple sword stuck in the ground.

Is this loot subject to thieving ambush or stealth sniping while the battle rages? Implications gush like a veritable fountain...:eek:
  • Options
    lordxeranlordxeran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey guys, thanks for all the wonderful info, me and my gf can't wait for this game to come out. We even each bought a copy of PC Gamer for the codes. A few quick questions though, those that PR will let you answer.

1. How many classes are being shot for at launch? Not differing builds but actual different classes, such as fighter and rogue, not GWF and GF.
    2. What will the tab button be auto-assigned to do in the game?
    3. Will there be a dps-style wizard?
    4. Any ranged (non spellcasting) classes in the works?
    5. Can we create foundry content that allows more then five simultaneous players?
    6. Can I haz beta be start now?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cool! This is something new!
    A cutscene editor would be amazing in the Foundry! I think it will happen some day, but not for launch.

Thanks and keep spying cryptic for us! :D

"now go back to being a spy"
  • Options
    m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    will u add other races to this game????? atm they are same like in other mmo(nothing unique or interesting)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    -Can we use interactive methods of slaying our enemies? (Something like that destroyable walls, barriers, trapdoors on flooring, effusing hated pitches)
    -Will the game be splitted into maps of PVE/PVP or we could run against PVP char.-s in anywhere?
    -Could we reach scores on non-combat skills? (Like persuasion, stealing, slink, diverting, trap-making)
    -Could we achieve distributing points that individually kind of beseem/behove our character? (running speed, attack speed, agression, uninterrupted combat skill/ability etc.)

Thanks Devs for your responses:cool:
  • Options
    jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited January 2013
    Is ravenloft content possible down the road?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »

Is this loot subject to thieving ambush or stealth sniping while the battle rages? Implications gush like a veritable fountain...:eek:

Other people can't see your loot drops unless you are grouped with them. In a group we will allow for different loot rules set by the team leader which determine if you use need/greed, round robin, free for all, etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    -Can we use interactive methods of slaying our enemies? (Something like that destroyable walls, barriers, trapdoors on flooring, effusing hated pitches)
    Yes, our testers have often applauded the ability to use environmental traps against enemies. Traps and pits are just as deadly to enemies as they are to adventurers.
    -Will the game be splitted into maps of PVE/PVP or we could run against PVP char.-s in anywhere?
    There is no open world PVP planned at this time. PVP will take place in instanced maps and will be very much opt-in.
    -Could we reach scores on non-combat skills? (Like persuasion, stealing, slink, diverting, trap-making)
    I'm not sure where the design department intends this system to be at launch, but as it is now, there are no skill levels on non-combat skills. You either have the skill or not, and you can use a magic item to temporarily gain a skill you need.
    -Could we achieve distributing points that individually kind of beseem/behove our character? (running speed, attack speed, agression, uninterrupted combat skill/ability etc.)
    Feats allow you to augment a lot of that stuff, and things like run speed are usually increased through gear and enchantments.

Thanks Devs for your responses:cool:
    No prob, I'll answer what I know about :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    m1ndfr1k wrote: »
    will u add other races to this game?????

Races will be continuously added to the game and we already have post-launch plans for it in place.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    First of all thanks for answer some of our questions.

- Any word about rituals ?
    - Does Paragon paths allow us to get new powers or feats ??
    - How passive skills will work, u said u have passive skills or u dont... hows a rogue can find traps (as an example) if he has preception he will automatly spot the trap ??
    - Does the feats we saw in German review will be the same for all classes ?? (not speaking about the feat tree of paragon paths)
    - All the gear u get from delves or quests will be bound ?
    - Will we be "stuck" with the 6 encounter, 3 dailys and 3 at-will spells per class at launch ?

Sry if some of the questions was already answerd and i miss it :)

Thansk in advance
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    [sorry image caps means some smilies were removed from quotes]
    sarrivin wrote: »
    I think they didn't make it as complex. But yes, that's a good idea. It just adds tons of atmosphere. So Cryptic could place some switch in Foundry, i.e. "Advanced". That switch could add more complex options for advanced users, and some of them could be related to sources of light. Making dungeons really dark is great, but at the same time I think developers could need to change to whole game to make it really integrated - add torches, lanterns etc. And while that would be beyond awesome, I bet it's a complexity which they'd label as more annoying than fun to average Joe.
    The problem is that in NwN series all that was possible. We could menage sources of light, sound radiuses etc. I remember some of the best modules I've played were the ones where I needed to carry a torch and fight monsters (zombies!) coming from beyond my light radius. Creepy but unforgettable.

If you're speaking in technical terms, we have 2 types of lights in Neverwinter. There are vertex lights, which are static and baked into the environment, save for some specular effects you get when a character walks by. Then there are dynamic lights which are calculated every frame, cast shadows, and can be switched on or off or moved.

In the Foundry you can create rooms with no lights in them, so you can make a very dark and difficult to navigate environment. You could then use triggers to turn lights on and off.

There is one caveat in that we put a very faint light on the player character at all times, so you can never get the area immediately around the player character to be 100% black.

Even so, you can make the kind of content you're describing in the Foundry

You realize, because of this, some evil person is going to start a Foundry quest like this. :D

Looks like some questions weren't answered I know, I'll answer those when I can, but just saying not a dev, so do't congratulate me on anything
    umaeko wrote: »
    Are your elves going to have the correct range of colors for Forgotten Realms? For example, moon elves are not supposed to be a Tolkien-like caucasian; their skin-tone is pale and often (meaning 'normally') leaning toward being blue-tinged.

Yup, pale blue-tinged skin. No, I'm not smoking anything wierd. Neither am I trying to start anything related to smurf jokes. Check this out:I know, I know... wikis aren't always accurate, but if you dig in the books, you'll see the wiki is really just parroting them here.

Now, in the interest of honoring elf chicks everywhere, here's one or two examples of a nubile moon elf ranger.

Being the quasi sage of FR things slightly esoteric here, I can answer this. Sorry to start with a correction though.

Since the splintering of the one race, Moon Elves are NOT Elf, but Eladin.

In the ancient past, the moon elves reveled in travel and exploration. As a result, though they were the largest in number, their empires were the last to rise. Moon elves today still have this wanderlust, and are thus both numerous and widespread. Open to new experiences and honest by nature, moon elves are often seen as worthy companions by the people they meet in their travels.
    Though the Spellplague inspired many sun elves to retreat further into isolation, most moon elves reacted to the tragedy of that period by forming stronger bonds with other races. Many moon elves now consider themselves a citizen of a worldly nation first and an eladrin second. Others have used renewed links with the Feywild to reconnect with their ancient homeland. In turn, a new generation of moon elves now spreads from the Feywild to explore the world.

Roleplaying a Moon Elf (Eladrin)

Each new day brings new horizons. You feel the wanderlust of your people, and you look to fresh experiences to grant you new insights on life. No matter how much you have seen, the world always offers more to explore.
    Magic exists in all things. Most moon elves appreciate the fact that magic can be found anywhere—and often in a surprising form. You know to keep an open mind and accept the power that magic can unlock in even the simplest of objects and weakest of creatures.
    A hidden good cannot be great. While the sun elves built up empires in isolation, the moon elves explored the world and saw their culture thrive and grow. In the same way, you know that good deeds should not be hidden. Others who witness acts of charity and nobility take strength and hope from them. Righteousness should be bolder than villainy.

Here is a 4e Updated pic (tattoo not required) for you all:

Eladrin_-_Female_(Thenalia).png

[complies under the on-topic thread posting.)

At the time of this reply, Eladin are not yet released, but I know they are wishlisted most certainly! As for if they will be released for launch, only the devs can say or if they will plan the Eladin for post launch. But Cryptic is known for their attention for detail, and rest assured I have seen them do tinting options that can meet the Eladin sub race to its appropriate colors when released, or allow you to make one with that color.

lordxeran wrote: »
    Hey guys, thanks for all the wonderful info, me and my gf can't wait for this game to come out. We even each bought a copy of PC Gamer for the codes. A few quick questions though, those that PR will let you answer.

1. How many classes are being shot for at launch? Not differing builds but actual different classes, such as fighter and rogue, not GWF and GF.
    2. What will the tab button be auto-assigned to do in the game?
    3. Will there be a dps-style wizard?
    4. Any ranged (non spellcasting) classes in the works?
    5. Can we create foundry content that allows more then five simultaneous players?
    6. Can I haz beta be start now?

1. I can't go into details, but the GWF is virtually a completely different class than the GF. You really should consider these like a fully mapped out Essentials Build (in a good way just in case we have any fellow Essentials line haters for what it almost did to 4E.) I'll leave that answer to th devs, but know the time it takes to finish a class varies, even from the initial estimates of coding and testing before player testing.
    2.Each class uses it differently, so it's not a simple answer. I can't mention any detail comparisons as it's under NDA but if the devs want to show their examples how it differ es from a (looks up) cleric and GWF, they can. It's NOT a targeting button. Finally, this button like others can be remapped of course.
    3. Yes. That's what the control wizard does with its powers as well as control powers. If you mean will there be a class that is a striker based first like a sorcerer or another variant of wizard that is considered more damaging, I'll let the devs answer that in a future reply, as they are very tight lipped about the other class builds short of the GWF variant. (I don't blame them as they are under NDA too and have to get permission on new disclosures.)
    4. Rogue has ranged abilities, but I can't detail it unless it's been mentioned. We know nothing if ranger is ranged, melee or both, so we'll have to wait for that class info to be released. The movement the GWF does is amazingly awesome, but best I can say is some of his powers and leaps make him just honorarily ranged :) But yes devs, if you have a main attack non spell-casting ranged class in the works, let us know even if you can't share details please
    5. It's nothing to do with Foundry. The maximum group size is 5, enforced from the 4E system no less from the 3.x system (although many house-ruled the tabletop to 6.) Some events will have much more than 6, as will PvP of course.

And I hope this translates from lolcat to English for you all,
    6. No :p

jdk2011 wrote: »
    Is ravenloft content possible down the road?

That's not in Neverwinter, so is not likely to be in any immediate release. It's not the same cosmology as the old way did the demiplane of dread either, but it ca work the same as showing up anywhere...

Feel free to make it in Foundry missions though.
    macabrivs wrote: »
    First of all thanks for answer some of our questions.

- Any word about rituals ?
    - Does Paragon paths allow us to get new powers or feats ??
    - How passive skills will work, u said u have passive skills or u dont... hows a rogue can find traps (as an example) if he has preception he will automatly spot the trap ??
    - Does the feats we saw in German review will be the same for all classes ?? (not speaking about the feat tree of paragon paths)
    - All the gear u get from delves or quests will be bound ?
    - Will we be "stuck" with the 6 encounter, 3 dailys and 3 at-will spells per class at launch ?

Sry if some of the questions was already answerd and i miss it

Thansk in advance

No discussion about rituals. It's difficult to do things in an MMO that are listed taking hours sometimes and translating 10 minutes (for the rest) into an MMO non wait or wait for bars to finish pain.

Yes. Feats are a separate point tree however.

The game takes care of if/when we see traps. But only one with the thievery skill can handle them.

No. Each class has their own feat tree.And it looks like the feat specialty branches at the end too. Thank you screenshots and videos.

No. Stuff drops you can pick up and use without binding as well as bind on equip, I remember reading this somewhere but all I can say is confirmed. But all the big end rewards are likely to bind.

Based on your question, it's likely you may not understand how 4E works. While 4E starts you with 2 at will (and stays at 2 not 3) 2 encounter, and 1 daily and ends with the number mentioned as well as multiple utility powers, you can swap out powers throughout your adventurer's career. Sometimes it's all but required in the rules to keep powers updated based off of monsters at that tier and level. Your number suggested the end amount at l 30 of tabletop. I won't list the actual number because of what I'm entering next.
    The mmo game will give you powers in an unlock tree, allowing you to swap powers. The selection exceeds your numbers, and even exceed the at wills of 2 or 3 (based on the screenshots and what was viewable from what little paragon I saw shown to the public) before we even enter the Epic tier! Now, I can't give specifics both they are still testing things and NDA makes me unable to list a final number here. Again this may change at launch, but you have to earn a lot of other at-will encounter and daily powers before you can get them. But like most MMO's that's true still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.