What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Alpha Key giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    hookahdadhookahdad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would start with the Wizard, I love big blasting explosions and the graphics I have seen look great.
  • Options
    veriqueverique Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A drow control wizard... are there any other class/race combinations? ;)
  • Options
    rahvanrahvan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guardian Fighter. Sword and board is a tried-and-true RPG loadout, and someone has to soak up the damage...
  • Options
    shirooganeshiroogane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Definetly Great Weapon Fighter.

More or less, it is because of my history with Neverwinter Nights (all of them). I always, when just got my hands on each of them, played through campaign with Warrior class. Just loved how he behaved and how cool he looked while killing dozens of enemies during epic events in Neverwinter. Also, I believe he fitted the best into the role of "epic hero" that helped Neverwinter with plague and later as lord keeper. In the end, for god's sake, who doesn't like people that swing a sword that is almost as long as their height.

Also it is worth mentioning, that his preview, for me personally, looked the best. Swining swords at enemies, wearing a god damn heavy plate armor, while spinning like madman in bladestorm-like Spinning Strike... More or less, that's what RPG games are all about!
  • Options
    eeijaneeijan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I look forward to strolling around the slums of Neverwinter wielding a claymore; no doubt a keen fit for a Great Weapon Fighter. Until then I'll be in waiting in the outer city at The Rising sun drinking some ale, patiently awaiting citizenship.
  • Options
    azzychanazzychan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let's see, I think I am most looking forward to playing a Devoted Cleric. Typically I enjoy playing healers as it's much better to be the healer instead of searching for one! Plus it's always nice to be the one bossing the party around. Maybe a Tiefling as my race? I know it's not the normal to see them in that role, but a little reversal is refreshing to see sometimes. =)
  • Options
    jankowskijankowski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    I am looking forward to trying out everything! :p
  • Options
    chase20tnchase20tn Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Neverwinter Alpha is underway and we want to welcome a select few to join us for an exciting adventure! How do you get an Alpha key? It's easy! Just leave a comment and answer our question below to qualify. The winners will be selected on Wednesday, January 16, at 12pm Pacific and will be contacted by PM. Check back then to see if you won. Good luck!

Question: Which class are you looking forward to playing the most in Neverwinter?

Question: Which class are you looking forward to playing the most in Neverwinter?All of them I want to test and see what i can find the good/bad/ok/and Amazing parts of the game and see how it plays out if there is any bugs you missed and just to the job of a tester.
    Name:Trunks
    LVL:8X
    Guild:TacTics
    Server:East
    TOP 10 Mage
    ID# East server: 8000152G090007045006020S3eefb2
  • Options
    aelthas002aelthas002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter!!! Whats better than being a giant slugging brute that can cut you in half in one hit anyway.
  • Options
    ecoisdeadecoisdead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want to go for Great Weapon Fighter! I want to jump on en enemies and SMASH EM ALL!!!
  • Options
    vorheebvorheeb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i really have no idea which class i would be interested in starting first... but i would be down to figure it out and the char creation screen :)
  • Options
    lunarnightlunarnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Definitely looking forward to the great weapon fighter too! :) The screencaps look so good!
  • Options
    shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited January 2013
    Been a fan of Forgotten Realms for a while now and Id like to play devine/battle cleric because ive been reading up on them in my D&D 4E for Dummies and id like to be one of the first to test it out.
  • Options
    kyrotepkyrotep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    Devoted Cleric. I have played all types of classes in many MMO's, but I want to start with a healer type in NW. I love how in D&D clerics can dish out some serious punishment as well. It also helps that you are always high in demand as well. :cool:
  • Options
    recon59errecon59er Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would love to be a Bard or some such, but of the classes said to be so far, definitely the Devoted Cleric.
  • Options
    antaia666antaia666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Most looking forward to the Trickster Rogue currently. I have always loved the crafty characters and even from the very first NWN, i always adored the assassin epic class. The trickster rogue certainly seems to have all the right abilities on first glance. TO be fair, they all look fantastic so far but i will always stick with my character of choice. I will no doubt try them all, however. Neverwinter certainly looks like fun to play and has some very nice graphic.As an old vet of the games past, i am looking forward to entering the tray once again.
  • Options
    qbiaczekqbiaczek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Trickster Rogue is definitively my style :) I would also play a Ranger if there was one ;)
  • Options
    asta37asta37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am looking forward to trying out all the classes but wizards are what interest me the most.
  • Options
    cptshinzocptshinzo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think I am looking forward to playing the Control Wizard. Although, the great weapon fighter looks pretty cool too. I might pick him, not sure.
  • Options
    adriuswortnesadriuswortnes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ill be playing whatever the group needs.
    Ha!

I want to play the guardian warrior.
    Plz give me key. xD
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Definitely a rogue the most but I'd love to try out everything
  • Options
    demonunchaineddemonunchained Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guardian fighter for sure! Love heavy plate =)
  • Options
    federicocapsfedericocaps Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Since I have always played with warriors since board games definitely guardian fighter
  • Options
    raiknaseemraiknaseem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    ikteneosikteneos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Control Wizard Definitively !
  • Options
    kingmartellkingmartell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Definitely a Swordsmaster Drow for my beginner character
  • Options
    kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Arcane Trick-erm... Rogue.
  • Options
    ikadixaikadixa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter nice class
  • Options
    chaotic2121chaotic2121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am VERY MUCH looking forward to playing the Trickster Rogue. All my mains have been rouges..DAoC- , WoW, Rift and now GW2- rouges are what I play. They fit my play style perfectly- aggressive and elusive.

Slide Flourish, Deft Strike, Dazing Strike and Blood Bath have me excited to check out this class. It really looks like they have a place in a group pve environment. That video has really peaked my interest. So yea, Trickster Rouge hands down :-)

I have been in a few alpha's and betas and will be a contributor.
  • Options
    thurynironstonesthurynironstones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guardian Fighter. I love playing the Tank in MMOs, and 4E is the first edition of D&D where you can effectively Tank in tabletop gaming. I can't wait to see how Neverwinter applies the D&D rules to an MMO.
This discussion has been closed.