Install Arc
Options

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    Oh I don't necessarily have a fascination or fixture on Succubus. "Mature content" means a lot more to me than just revealing clothing. To me it would more be about morally ambiguous quests, tough decisions, controversial issues, that sort of thing.

But eh... about succubus...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6Wy1iUWYA

Here's a really good example of a great action MMO developed for a mature audience. Not afraid to show off a succubus, not afraid to put a little gore in their game.
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Here is how a D&D succubii are supposed to be - with demon wings. They have been charmed so they are not throwing their flyiing kisses though.

Its DDO so graphics are kind of previous genration though.

Well you two should really start seeing the Succubus TV series:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZFwZGyLwpk
    That is one of my favorite episodes(I even like the music). The succubus is the dark haired woman that enters the stripclub. No wings they would be very difficult to hide in a modern World. She is bisexual and has supernatural powers.

That said Succubus TV series I would rate it for Teens while True blood(a Vampire series) has full nudity and is for Adults.
    I rate Succubus series as roughly 7.75/10.
    True Blood the vampire series with full nudity season 1,2 I rate 7/10. Season 3,4,5 are 9/10 entertainment for me. As a little teaser the last episode of Season 5 I rate as 10/10 entertainment and yeah it has absolutely my kind of ending. Both series will get more seasons.

I want it all of mature content: full Nudity, Action and Horror.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I want it all of mature content full nudity
    You're in for disappointment, no american video game developer will go there.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You're in for disappointment, no american video game developer will go there.
    Yeah yeah, but as close to full nudity as you can get. I am from Europe and in my country we got more acceptance of full nudity. Witcher 2 has full nudity and yes it is from Europe. I also wonder how much nudity can be revealed through FOUNDRY:p.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think there will be nudity in the game, but if there were to be, I would hope it would be equal opportunity and show some male full frontal. ;)

If there were to be gore, I'd prefer the option of shutting it off. This option has been provided in other games. I don't mind nudity, but think it should be able to be turned off as well for those who are opposed for whatever reason.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think there will be nudity in the game, but if there were to be, I would hope it would be equal opportunity and show some male full frontal. ;)

If there were to be gore, I'd prefer the option of shutting it off. This option has been provided in other games. I don't mind nudity, but think it should be able to be turned off as well for those who are opposed for whatever reason.

I can say with absolute certainty and no checking with the liaisons there will be no lower nudity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can say with absolute certainty and no checking with the liaisons there will be no lower nudity.

Well to keep it's T rating you're not going to see Boobies either at least not in "Merica" where you can show decapitation and Water-boarding but not Mammaries. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    Well to keep it's T rating you're not going to see Boobies either at least not in "Merica" where you can show decapitation and Water-boarding but not Mammaries. :rolleyes:

I was actually reading something interesting about that, it's a bit off topic but here it is, I'm sure some people here are interested in it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35460/US_Supreme_Court_Decision_Justice_Scalias_Opinion.php#.UNvQ DXduqSo

This is old news from 2011, but the US supreme court overturned a california law trying to ban the sale of violent video games to minors.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was actually reading something interesting about that, it's a bit off topic but here it is, I'm sure some people here are interested in it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35460/US_Supreme_Court_Decision_Justice_Scalias_Opinion.php#.UNvQ DXduqSo

This is old news from 2011, but the US supreme court overturned a california law trying to ban the sale of violent video games to minors.

And that's my line. Those things should be enforced by parents not the state (and not going into details here)

But realistically you can't sell an MMO to all ages or even early teens (13+ rating) if you're having nudity in the game like we talked about. Even if most didn't mind, there'd be one parent that does something like this and at best ruins sales for the game by a certain amount from bad press. Now if this were one of those shocker M for Mature games, then it could try to deliberately do this of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    And that's my line. Those things should be enforced by parents not the state (and not going into details here)

But realistically you can't sell an MMO to all ages or even early teens (13+ rating) if you're having nudity in the game like we talked about. Even if most didn't mind, there'd be one parent that does something like this and at best ruins sales for the game by a certain amount from bad press. Now if this were one of those shocker M for Mature games, then it could try to deliberately do this of course.

thats basically the conclusion that the judges came to

"As a means of protecting children from portrayals of violence, the legislation is seriously underinclusive, not only because it excludes portrayals other than video games, but also because it permits a parental or avuncular veto.

And as a means of assisting concerned parents it is seriously overinclusive because it abridges the First Amendment rights of young people whose parents (and aunts and uncles) think violent video games are a harmless pastime. And the overbreadth in achieving one goal is not cured by the underbreadth in achieving the other."
  • Options
    valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012
    That was one cool thing about Mortal Online, take all your clothes off and your nude. It was funny watching Americans try to get the devs to put underwear on the characters.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't really care about nudity one way or the other, but I would really like things to be realistic. Also being an artist at heart(like we all are :p), I hope devs don't shy away in making things "outrageous" where the situation demands it - i.e. succubus are supposed to be made to seduce and charm people so they should look like that - complete with demonic features. Similarly drow women with their leather and all... ahem!
    And when they do put underwear on characters, it should be medieval like(whatever it was I don't know, but should be realistic) even if it looks ugly or something. I believe they did not have any elastic material at those times?

EDIT:
    What I am trying to say is that they should not have nudity for nudity's sake but neither should they try to shy away from it when it is required.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

EDIT:
    What I am trying to say is that they should not have nudity for nudity's sake but neither should they try to shy away from it when it is required.
    Sounds ok to me. I am thinking of Succubus, Nymphs and sexy female seducing Vampires. There was a very interesting Nymph in Witcher 2 that allows full nudity. This game is likely for Teens that said please try to make them look very sexy and seducing and yes lots of nude skin. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> would also be great and I don't expect full nudity(including lower parts) as realistic expectation.

Oh Who am I kidding:cool:? I want so much customization of nudes skin for player characters as possible. Here this is Teens rated music video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6yzQlJeBkQ
    Look at 11.00. I still have a dream(about this game allowing lots of nude skin):p.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm about as far from a prude as Gov Christie is to a healthy weight, but I saw what Nudity did to AoC.... and from talking to the cryptic guys at Gencon I expect we will see about as much nudity as we do in STO or CO.

As one explained to me the amount of people this is really really important to is so small and they have bigger fish to fry.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,847 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree that in terms of nudity they shouldn't shy away when it's needed but at the same time they shouldn't flaunt it. Over in the secret world they do so with great effect. There are some demons and Succubi that show some nudity but it's not all over the game and in your face. There's a fine line there that i can understand most people not wanting to even go near, but at the same time you shouldn't have to sit there and be afraid of the one thing literally every one has.

As for me what i would like to see is a more open class system. so far each class has a very specific title which makes me think the ability set up will be less than cryptics usual standard of customization. personally i'd rather pick from a pool of abilities and let that define what type of rogue i am rather than having to pick what i am from the start, limiting what i'll be able to do.

Mounts other than horses. I'm not going to lie... I want a spider. A big <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> spider that can crawl up walls and over obstacles. I'm an odd duck like that. I just hope they don't try charging $25 for the mounts like they do in other games. Hell, even STO's ships are way over priced, and those are way more engaging than mounts.

My beta key. Seriously, i'm already guaranteed two of them, and as soon as you start letting people in the sooner you get a bunch of devoted fans finding bugs and offering creative feedback.... for free. The longer beta you have (theoretically) the smoother launch will be. Sto had a short beta and was a mess at launch. CO had a longer Beta and was a little smoother.

Customization a plenty. Cryptic used to be all about this. Sadly it's not so much any more, now it's about cheap cash grabs like over priced vehicles and gambling lock boxes. They need to get back to what made them great: Customization. Make an indepth character creator. Sto's is great, CO is too cartoony but awesome for the options. We'r not asking for the EVE or APB level of character creation, but still, give us something great here. D&D's character creator now a days visually is either a really artistic friend, or google search. give us something that we can use to be proud of our character's look. Same with the abilities. there are a ton of great powers and abilities to choose from already, but in the table version it's all the better because people can get creative with said abilities and we should get a nice variety to match that mentality.
  • Options
    m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i dont want to play this ugly and booring races. U must put into game a character creator like CO for people who dont want to play ugly human or dwarf or ect- u can c that races in any other games
  • Options
    johannekirkjohannekirk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would like to see "danger areas" where there are good rewards, but anyone could attack you. Including other players. Though, running away should always be a valid option, since it's a mainstay of every D&D campaign ever. I'm getting a little sick of CO's "slow down when hit" BS. Trust me on this, being shot at, or attacked/threatened, is the single best motivator for running faster. There's a reason they use a starting "gun" for races.
  • Options
    johannekirkjohannekirk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I seriously HOPE you keep to the D&D concept of the best items are RARE! Artifacts should NOT just be handed out to players when they max out in levels. You should be required to play the game to get the best items. Also, you should discourage "farming" or "grinding" by making good item drops less likely in areas you've been in recently, or in areas with monsters way under your power level. Otherwise, you'll get the Champions problem of people making it hard to finish quests, because they are systematically depopulating quest areas.
  • Options
    halishmedihalishmedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I seriously HOPE you keep to the D&D concept of the best items are RARE! Artifacts should NOT just be handed out to players when they max out in levels. You should be required to play the game to get the best items. Also, you should discourage "farming" or "grinding" by making good item drops less likely in areas you've been in recently, or in areas with monsters way under your power level. Otherwise, you'll get the Champions problem of people making it hard to finish quests, because they are systematically depopulating quest areas.
    I may be wrong but I thought they confirmed the best items will be rewarded for completing the high-level 5 man dungeons. And that we'll have to run them more than once (chances are quite a few times) in order to get the best items.

I doubt they'll be "hard" to get assuming you can put up with a bad pug now and again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    halishmedi wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I thought they confirmed the best items will be rewarded for completing the high-level 5 man dungeons. And that we'll have to run them more than once (chances are quite a few times) in order to get the best items.

I doubt they'll be "hard" to get assuming you can put up with a bad pug now and again.

That was the impression I got talking to the devs at Gencon, this is a paraphrase of what one told me.

We're not going to spend hundreds of man hours building something that maybe one percent of the community gets to see, sure that may be fun for the guy who spends his life in the game but not so much for everyone else, yeah there will be high end game items but they will be accessible, with the advent of cosmetic gear no one really cares if you are strutting around with the ultimate sword of godhood...you're weapon will do the job it looks cool unique even so whats the problem?
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012

the life of a hard core MMO player
    1 get to max lvl asap
    2 get best gear in game
    3 show off best gear in game standing around towns for hours on end !
    4 take your bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear and kill stuff half your lvl
    5 take the low lvl loot throw on new toon ,and call it a twink
    6 repeat 1
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    health002 wrote: »
    the life of a hard core MMO player
    1 get to max lvl asap
    2 get best gear in game
    3 show off best gear in game standing around towns for hours on end !
    4 take your bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear and kill stuff half your lvl
    5 take the low lvl loot throw on new toon ,and call it a twink
    6 repeat 1

But that demographic is shrinking at an exponential rate and there are much larger demographics begging to shove large amounts money in developers pockets.
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    But that demographic is shrinking at an exponential rate and there are much larger demographics begging to shove large amounts money in developers pockets.
    Doesn't matter the burn out rate on the average MMO player for a game is pretty sad ;/ You get them packed in for the first 6months of a new MMO then after that the game is dead or on the verge of dieing.Don't get me wrong are some good games out there but eh so few.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    health002 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter the burn out rate on the average MMO player for a game is pretty sad ;/ You get them packed in for the first 6months of a new MMO then after that the game is dead or on the verge of dieing.Don't get me wrong are some good games out there but eh so few.

Yes and no...STO and LOTRO has a really large population as does GW2 and those games put the C in casual most of the players of the first two are long term players. It just depends on the game but the notion that only the hardcore stick around is incorrect these days Hardcores are like marines they go in kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and go on to the next game after remarking how fail the previous game is...that's why developers have changed focus in demographics. I think there is a place for a hardcore centric MMO, but Neverwinter won't be it and whatever it is it will be a niche title.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    m1ndfr1k wrote: »
    i dont want to play this ugly and booring races. U must put into game a character creator like CO for people who dont want to play ugly human or dwarf or ect- u can c that races in any other games

No.
    This is Forgotten realms and Wizards of the Coast.
    You don't simply encounter new and unique races like you do going to a new galaxy or mutant superhero, and even if you could, WotC would have to approve every newly suggested race (unlike Paramount approving the "Alien" option in STO.)

Respectfully, if you don't like the "ugly and boring" D&D Races, don't play D&D online games then.

halishmedi wrote: »

Yes and unknown how often you have to "repeat."
    It's not clear if all items bind on equip/acquire or not, so maybe trading/auction house could be done?

I'm also getting the idea that if it's like their other games, their zones will be level ranges incrementing, so items in their end content chapter could have to be replaced as you increase in level and enter a new area.

No clue if there will be "endgame" items or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    valandur1 wrote: »
    That was one cool thing about Mortal Online, take all your clothes off and your nude. It was funny watching Americans try to get the devs to put underwear on the characters.

Well, if you want nudity in your game, I suggest waiting until a third party designs one and install that. STO and CO and PW and...well...literally tons of games have third party mods that enable nudity. Just google Champions online nude mod and see. Ditto Star Trek Online. Or any game, really. Plenty of mods out there that only affect client side files and not server side files.

No.
    This is Forgotten realms and Wizards of the Coast.
    You don't simply encounter new and unique races like you do going to a new galaxy or mutant superhero, and even if you could, WotC would have to approve every newly suggested race (unlike Paramount approving the "Alien" option in STO.)

Respectfully, if you don't like the "ugly and boring" D&D Races, don't play D&D online games then.

I lurve D&D, and am looking forward to both this game and Elder Scrolls Online. Perhaps the only thing ESO has over this game is ESO isn't 4th Edition. I completely hated fourth edition and avoided it like the plague. However, I'm perfectly comfortable tossing game lore right out the window and just playing. :)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Well, if you want nudity in your game, I suggest waiting until a third party designs one and install that. STO and CO and PW and...well...literally tons of games have third party mods that enable nudity. Just google Champions online nude mod and see. Ditto Star Trek Online. Or any game, really. Plenty of mods out there that only affect client side files and not server side files...

That would be against EULA afaik. Doing that may be considered a form of exploit even when done for harmless reasons.

I completely hated fourth edition - Our beloved master is open to all opinions(check sig!).
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I lurve D&D, and am looking forward to both this game and Elder Scrolls Online. Perhaps the only thing ESO has over this game is ESO isn't 4th Edition. I completely hated fourth edition and avoided it like the plague. However, I'm perfectly comfortable tossing game lore right out the window and just playing. :)

Unfortunately, that's ALL you'll be able to in most MMORPGs: just play, not create. The thing I look forward to most in NWO is the Foundry. I think of it like endless free DLC, whereas almost every other MMORPG is just a grind after the story is done.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    That would be against EULA afaik. Doing that may be considered a form of exploit even when done for harmless reasons.

Except, seeing as how it's a file that's only installed on the player end, and alters nothing about the game play.....they'd never know. Unless someone posted a screenshot of a nude character.
    Anyway, I was merely pointing out that while game developers won't put nudity in their games, there are ways to work around it if it's /THAT/ important to see pixellated bewbs.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I completely hated fourth edition - Our beloved master is open to all opinions(check sig!).
    Except, seeing as how it's a file that's only installed on the player end, and alters nothing about the game play.....they'd never know. Unless someone posted a screenshot of a nude character.
    Anyway, I was merely pointing out that while game developers won't put nudity in their games, there are ways to work around it if it's /THAT/ important to see pixellated bewbs.

Wait, did we just call nudity exploitive in game? Great I'll alert the Sentries the Family Values Foundation is coming!

Seriously, I have no idea if alter visuals if done privately if it's such, but if it's unapproved, it still may fall under a third party modification and one has to read the terms of service very carefully in regards to that kind of thing. I'll say this, anybody who shows pics of that kind of thing will likely be deemed a violator of said rules and be punished accordingly and have their client "fixed" and any person who can privately mod this and not be noticed will keep very very quiet if they do.

I'm not condoning it, just saying the likely outcome if done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Yep, I do not know any MMORPG that allows the altering of game files, even if on the player end. Such is strictly prohibited in the EULA and TOS of all MMORPGs that I know of. The closest to doing such things legally, is in MMORPGs that allow Addons or Modifications - WoW, RoM, LoTRO, DDO for examples, but such is then limited to what coding they have allowed to be altered and manipulated. I strongly advise to not alter game files and will both report players doing such as well as remove specifics of doing such on the forums.

Now, lets get back on topic. Another thing, in the many things I would like to see, is Waterdeep and other famous Cities of the Sword Coast. I'd also like to be able to do Foundry stuff in such places too!
This discussion has been closed.