test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    imunreal wrote: »
    I <3 these threads, since I am new to following the game I will list what I believe

1. Nvidia 3D Vision ready. I <3 3D vision (and I know some do not like it) but do not see it as an important feature for release. Just something for the future.

2. I enjoy raiding. I know some do not like it, and I understand that but I do, and I know others do. But I would like raids to be about more than just getting the next piece of gear. I do not know what exactly, maybe if you kill the final boss in a raid, you unlock more features for the Foundry? But any way, I do not like to see raids until roughly 3 months after release. Enjoy the game until the end game race I say :-D

3. Missions/objectives/quests . I would like them to be about more than just "Kill x wolfs". Interaction with NPC's as they tell their story is what I would enjoy but the missions/objectives/quests not dragging on (like the missions on SWTOR). Random missions/objectives/quests where it just moves away from blood, gore and brutal killing and has a humour side. Just something to sit back and enjoy the creative writting of the game :-D

4. Not "P2W". Since this is going to be F2P, I would hate to see it go "Pay to win" as others would as well. But that is just obvious :-)

5. Not exactly a game feature, but I would love some dev updates, some random blogs. Interaction with the community is something I actually enjoy.

6. The community. I hate elitests that try and tell me how to play the game, I would like a way where if you ignore that player, you ignore the account so they can not bother you with a different character. Had one once in SWTOR where I was level 12, he was level 50 (at launch when 50's and low levels PVP with each other in warzones) and he harssed me soo much just because I killed him =/

7. Great graphics. I like sun rays, leaves blowing in the wind and brilliant water effects. But everyone loves eye candy :-P

But that is my list :-D Its pretty much basic (except the first one) but I am easily pleased :-)
    1. Whatever less important about 3D vision.
    2. Raids in the game yeah. However no **** Guild Wars 2 casual loot policy. Best gear only from Cryptic generated content! Does not need to be everlasting lootmill as WOW but maximizing a character if you play 40 hours/week should take many months.
    3. I don't care about comedy. I like action and horror movies.
    For your information community can vote best adventures though many prefer Action/Horror from BLAH BLAH lots of speech.
    4. F2P agree on that.
    5. What? These forums exist. Don't wish for chat support lol.
    6. I hate casuals who whine... though luckily not all casual whine... my brother is casual and I don't hate him. Hate is such a strong word more like dislike. Anyway those who can not stand criticism should stick to single player games.
    7. Eye candy yes. Though my definition of eyecandy is likely Succubus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Mature agerating with violent action, horror and nudity.
    There and I would add a wish of support for Capture The Flag PvP Battlegrounds.
  • vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I think my big item on OMFG I want this list would thus be:

The ability to use the Foundry to create static areas that aren't for questing, but can be used for RP, allowing large groups of people to enter the instance, etc.
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vixisyn wrote: »

The ability to use the Foundry to create static areas that aren't for questing, but can be used for RP, allowing large groups of people to enter the instance, etc.

It's definitely wishlisted and I hope the Devs can figure out a way to code it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012

I am not sure that I understand what you mean exactly? While I did rant about Action/Horror and Mature content I am not against roleplaying. I am both powergamer and a roleplayer.

I am more casual when it comes to roleplaying though I have seen LOTR movies and I intend to see the Hobbit movies. I am also very rarely playing pen and paper roleplaying games.

Anyway on to topic: With FOUNDRY it is very possible to have an empty room or an outdoor area that is also instanced before you enter rooms with caves or outdoor areas with monsters. I am not sure, but I do hope that with foundry it is possible to create an inn into the instance? I believe inn or tavern is a classic place for adventurers to meet.

With instance inn you could enter it with only friends or other invited group members. However you should know that this game does not support any GM client or player driven persistent servers. Simply accept it please because otherwise you will get disappointed. I would have nothing against GM client, but after trying NeverwinterNights player driven servers I absolutely choose to have none player driven servers by Cryptic. Only developers will have servers and there is no support for GM client like in NeverwinterNights.

If you mean by large group Raids for 10+ people I do hope this game will support them though I suspect bigger instances maybe are created after release. That is my wild guess and I don't have any inside information.
  • vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited December 2012
    What I mean is if I have a roleplay guild, and want to design an area that the whole guild can enter together (more than 5 people) to roleplay, I would like the ability to create that area. I don't want to have a DM client ala old NWN, but it'd be cool to just create areas to hang out with that have a higher player capacity than the current 5 player party system.
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I am not sure that I understand what you mean exactly? While I did rant about Action/Horror and Mature content I am not against roleplaying. I am both powergamer and a roleplayer.

I am more casual when it comes to roleplaying though I have seen LOTR movies and I intend to see the Hobbit movies. I am also very rarely playing pen and paper roleplaying games.

Anyway on to topic: With FOUNDRY it is very possible to have an empty room or an outdoor area that is also instanced before you enter rooms with caves or outdoor areas with monsters. I am not sure, but I do hope that with foundry it is possible to create an inn into the instance? I believe inn or tavern is a classic place for adventurers to meet.

With instance inn you could enter it with only friends or other invited group members. However you should know that this game does not support any GM client or player driven persistent servers. Simply accept it please because otherwise you will get disappointed. I would have nothing against GM client, but after trying NeverwinterNights player driven servers I absolutely choose to have none player driven servers by Cryptic. Only developers will have servers and there is no support for GM client like in NeverwinterNights.

If you mean by large group Raids for 10+ people I do hope this game will support them though I suspect bigger instances maybe are created after release. That is my wild guess and I don't have any inside information.
    What I mean is if I have a roleplay guild, and want to design an area that the whole guild can enter together (more than 5 people) to roleplay, I would like the ability to create that area. I don't want to have a DM client ala old NWN, but it'd be cool to just create areas to hang out with that have a higher player capacity than the current 5 player party system.

Yes devs are trying to figure out how to Foundry create persistent social zones as well as combat missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    I would like to see:

An open-world PvP server
    Missions that incorporate PvE with competitive PvP elements (a few other games have dungeon style PvE missions with 2 competing teams and a few different "win" conditions - sometimes resource gathering, sometimes a timed race to the end, yadda yadda)
    Making PvP missions and setting my own win conditions via the Foundry
  • billyplayzbillyplayz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    #1. I would like to see a vast realm underground. the Underdark made up of the Upperdark, MiddleDark, and Lowerdark.

#2. A multitude of dungeons large and small. Small caves, Large caves, tombs, crypts, Ruins, Mines, castles, towers, shipwreks, geographical location etc etc.

#3. I hope they expand further out from Neverwinter above ground. To the north the ruined city of Luskan, the spine of the world Mountains and Icewind Dale, Mirabar, Lurkwood, Dark arrow keep, Mithral Hall, Glimmerwood, to the east the Evermoors, Silverymoon, Everlund the High forest, Lost Peaks to the south the sword mountains, and WaterDeep.

#4. I would love to play as an Uthgargardt Barbarian from glimmerwood, or a Half Elf from Everlund, a dwarf from Mithral Hall or Mirabar. An orc perhaps from the kingdom of Many-Arrows.

5. D&D has a tremendous amount of monsters. I would like to see as many as possible.

These are some of the things i would like to see in this world what are yours?

#6.

I love all of these and I would also love for someone to make an ON POINT FOREST for once in a game.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    billyplayz wrote: »
    I love all of these and I would also love for someone to make an ON POINT FOREST for once in a game.
    Could you explain what you mean by, "On Point Forest," please? I have no idea what this is. :confused:
  • billyplayzbillyplayz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Could you explain what you mean by, "On Point Forest," please? I have no idea what this is. :confused:

Where I zone into the woods and it doesn't look like **** and I can feel immersed in the environment. Trees that I can actually move around that look different from one another? I don't know something that is " ON POINT " is usually something done right?....
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Where I zone into the woods and it doesn't look like **** and I can feel immersed in the environment. Trees that I can actually move around that look different from one another? I don't know something that is " ON POINT " is usually something done right?....

Ah, I gotcha! Thanks for clearing up my confusion. :)

Well, from what I have seen of game-play videos, I have seen hints that the landscape is "alive" and isn't just inanimate artwork. I do know what you mean though now after explaining it. This is one of the things that blew me away in LotRO. LotRO has amazing "living" scenery with wind-blowing trees, grass that moves as you walk through it, and even flocks of birds will erupt from one tree and fly to another.

As far as I have seen in released videos, the scenery in NWO is amazing. This is taking into account that most of the videos have all been in lower resolution due to video capturing, so that means that actual game play looks even better!
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Factions, 3E alignment sistem, pvp and pve events, profesions, more then one way to do dungeons to increase replaying , ingame lore(books,scrolls), open world pvp, multi-classing, tons of classes paragon paths perks skills etc. , tons of different type of monsters and tons of spells.

Oh and simple,easy to use social sistem not some fancy,"inovative" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :)
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I would like to see the game move away from gear dependency to be functional in PvE combat.

Yes, it'd boost your play to have that +5 mithryl chain shirt....but with the proper skill point spending, you'd be in the same boat and not have to have the gear to get the result.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012

I think I know what you mean... like you feel like you are in a forest instead of the previous area but with more trees.

Neverwinter Nights did this well I think, but it's easy when you have loading transitions. Easier to adjust lighting accordingly. World of Warcraft actually accomplished this as well, which surprised me. The atmospheric design in WoW is actually quite good imo.
  • h0rseh0rse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    - excellent character creation system
    - intuitive controls and UI
    - customizable UI (like Guild Wars had)
    - a lvl progression system that doesn't feel drawn out and "grindy."
    - customizable gear appearances (stats remain the same, appearance is changeable)
    - a game that puts a little more thought into low and mid-game, instead of saving all the "super cool" stuff for endgame content.
    - a party system that actually makes me me want to party up (and not with something lame, like extra xp gain)

One big thing that always bugged me in some MMO's, is how some of the "best" gear, was only obtainable through a group effort, whether it be a difficult quest, a dungeon raid, or whatever else. I would like to see a system where everyone is capable of getting the "best" gear, whether they play solo or otherwise. I'm not saying that the same exact gear needs to be obtainable by all, just comparable gear. Give the gear different stats and appearances so players don't simply play solo all the time.

Being based in the D&D world, I'm sure they won't be short on story and "roleplaying" aspects, however, I hope because of this, the combat/action-side does not suffer. I always imagined a party-based RPG that had visceral, over the top action/combat, like that of God of War, with the story content and lore of something like Baldur's Gate. I realize something like this would be difficult to pull off successfully, and could turn out to be a balancing act, but if done well, I think it would be awesome. I don't expect this game to do as I described, but perhaps it can offer me something closer than what has been done in the past.
    8.jpg

Fiona Bauerstone - Devoted Cleric - Dragon Server
  • peoplenesspeopleness Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    h0rse wrote: »
    One big thing that always bugged me in some MMO's, is how some of the "best" gear, was only obtainable through a group effort, whether it be a difficult quest, a dungeon raid, or whatever else. I would like to see a system where everyone is capable of getting the "best" gear, whether they play solo or otherwise. I'm not saying that the same exact gear needs to be obtainable by all, just comparable gear. Give the gear different stats and appearances so players don't simply play solo all the time.

Exactly this!!! Please, please please! =)

Also, some extra things I would like to personally see:

- Large open maps to explore and complete quests and the such, kind of like Guild Wars 2 sized maps, though I would even go for bigger than that. =)
    - No invisible walls! I would like to be able to jump on the roof of a house or find a way up a mountain or hill.
    - Mounts. If there are large open maps, then I would love to have mounts, but they aren't a necessity. =)
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    oh anyone still reading this after 56 pages?

What I would like to see is mainly a good story line and some delves/dungeons that are challenging. They do not need to be the usualy fight either, one the best loved raids in wow for instance was the "chess" game where each member of raid would become (mount) a chess piece and take to the board moves as normal chess pieces but then wehn close different coloured piece had different attacks, but it was fun and very repeatable.
    The challenge is the problem. How to make things challenging but at the same time not boring. By this I mean just simply making mobs have more health and hit points. One part of this could be speed of the mobs, slower mobs are obviously easier than faster moving mobs, but this I think should be tied into their AI. A group of NPC should be able to use spells reasonable intellegently (if they are, would not expect low intellgent creature too) healers healing, tank types trying to protect healers and dps, dps dpsing etc. I perfer not the usual NPC just cheat (higher damage hit point etc to make up for lower AI skills) but mobs become more skillful as far as possible, though adding extra mobs of the same power also can work in some cases. Varity is always good but best is adjusted by amount, speed and AI getting better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i would like to have chance to play some decent level(20 or 30) character as tutorial(if they will have one) to get the feel of the class so you dont spend days lvling and then decide that this class just doesnt feel right for you

edited December 2012
    h0rse wrote: »
    - excellent character creation system

Being based in the D&D world, I'm sure they won't be short on story and "roleplaying" aspects, however, I hope because of this, the combat/action-side does not suffer. I always imagined a party-based RPG that had visceral, over the top action/combat, like that of God of War, with the story content and lore of something like Baldur's Gate. I realize something like this would be difficult to pull off successfully, and could turn out to be a balancing act, but if done well, I think it would be awesome. I don't expect this game to do as I described, but perhaps it can offer me something closer than what has been done in the past.
    Baldurs Gate was indeed one of the best games that I have played due to many things among them excellent story(Epic and Mystery halfway through the story you still had no clue what the main story really was about) and for a 90:ies game it was great! I played Baldurs Gate together with my brother in cooperative LAN and it was pretty awesome because most games were single player during that time.

That said both me and my brother HATE Guild Wars 2! GW2 is one the most bad games that I have tried. Lol maximixe character in less then 2 weeks! Remember old NeverwinterNights 1 and 2 and Baldurs Gate games? In those you had to explore like 95 % of the World before you could max your character.

I am not saying WOW everlasting lootmill was paradise even though I enjoyed it for 3.5 years. That said if you play 40 hours/week it should take many months to maximize your character! That is still faster levelup then Everquest. I have never played EQ, but I have heard it took EQ players years to levelup. WOW is everlasting lootmill. They always release next tier of gear in WOW. Due to FOUNDRY and PvP Neverwinter does not be so hardcore as WOW, but please no GW2 ultra casual loot system with no PvE endgame! A MMO should have both PvE and PvP endgame.
  • hiddenman5453hiddenman5453 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd have to say crafting is fun to have, decent pvp games like capture the flag or arena games. I don't agree with a harsh death penalty, its a pain enough having to trace back your steps and fight the same monsters again, all the penalty does is slow you down. The penalty could damage your armor, that always made sense. The death penalty should punish you for dying such as taking away money, that would be a decent penalty.
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lyfebane wrote: »
    oh anyone still reading this after 56 pages?
    *pauses with tentacles deep in lyfebane's skull*

Yep. Sure am.

*continues slurping*
  • hiddenman5453hiddenman5453 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I forgot to mention the most important thing... fire... and lots of it. One town has to be lit on fire! A land of fire would be awesome too, the demons and devils get all the good stuff. Weapons with fiery enchants, and perhaps an armor set that makes you look like you're on fire. Instead of a chorus singing when you level up, some angry guy appears saying you've gotten too strong and lights you on fire!
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    That said if you play 40 hours/week it should take many months to maximize your character! That is still faster levelup then Everquest. I have never played EQ, but I have heard it took EQ players years to levelup.

I'm OK with a slow levelup to cap if and only if leveling content is challenging, or at least, there's a strong incentive to pursue challenging content during levelup. It seems like in every MMO, leveling content is a trivial but time-consuming grind, and challenge can only be found at end-game. Which, for me at least, means that leveling up is the boring tax I pay to play the fun end-game.
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    surf13 wrote: »
    *pauses with tentacles deep in lyfebane's skull*

Yep. Sure am.

*continues slurping*

erm.. you do realise I am a deathknight? surely the blazing eyes give it away? having your tentacles deep in my skull means you just lost you tentacles to the infernal/necrotic power of a dark god blazing inside my skull:) Here have some cream for that!
    Also I am immune to fear and most other controlling effects:)

It did not take years to level in EQ, months yes, it could take serval days to get one level after about half way up, for the last few it could take a week or so each level. Death penalty sucked, could lose a days experience, was annoying. Unlike wow which took about a full day playing to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
    edited December 2012
    You cannot put accent to items in D&D. You can't have +50 Dagger with 2d6 fire,2d6 ice,2d6 acid, keen,regeneration all on one item. The items were pretty simple and not decisive.
    I'd say neverwinter nights 1 items like intelect ring +6 and Swords +8 were enough
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I forgot to mention the most important thing... fire... and lots of it. One town has to be lit on fire! A land of fire would be awesome too, the demons and devils get all the good stuff. Weapons with fiery enchants, and perhaps an armor set that makes you look like you're on fire. Instead of a chorus singing when you level up, some angry guy appears saying you've gotten too strong and lights you on fire!

china wouldnt approve

• mukk1anmukk1an Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope you will be able to carry stuff even though your strength isnt fighterawesomegreat so that i dont have to run back to town all the time just cause im a wizard.
    I hope there'll be a lot of secret stuff like hidden loot and passages.
    And great storyline, fastpaced action and loooots of classes and prestigeclasses and neverending multiclasspossibilities.
    I dont think i'm gonna be dissapointed =D
    edited December 2012
    mukk1an wrote: »
    I hope you will be able to carry stuff even though your strength isnt fighterawesomegreat so that i dont have to run back to town all the time just cause im a wizard.
    I hope there'll be a lot of secret stuff like hidden loot and passages.
    And great storyline, fastpaced action and loooots of classes and prestigeclasses and neverending multiclasspossibilities.
    I dont think i'm gonna be dissapointed =D

Ever heard of magic bags ? Or Bag of Holding ? :P
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    You cannot put accent to items in D&D. You can't have +50 Dagger with 2d6 fire,2d6 ice,2d6 acid, keen,regeneration all on one item. The items were pretty simple and not decisive.
    I'd say neverwinter nights 1 items like intelect ring +6 and Swords +8 were enough

Well, DDO certainly accentuates items. Although, admittedly, to a lesser extent than most other MMOs; there's no gear score, or strongly defined "tiers" of gear, and lower level items can often be best, or near-best, in slot.

Neverwinter, being primarily 4E based, wouldn't have +6 stat rings, or whatever, based on that ruleset. 4E items usually give a power you can use, and/or a simple property that gives some bonus in some way, but never a stat bonus.

But whatever they do, I'd be very surprised if Neverwinter's end-game isn't focused on getting better gear. I'm not sure how you have an end-game without that.
  • thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd love for the game to be (at least loosely) connected to the original DnD system. I know there are elements already being used, but from the way the combat flows I doubt there are even rounds in the engine.

Those familiar number schemes just break the back of any potential learning curve.
This discussion has been closed.