What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ex-DDO players (Argonnesson anyone?)

Comments

• Options
    sonofkyusssonofkyuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    Gallanda (mainly) player here.... I am still playing DDO while giving this game a try out. I might be the odd one out as I still love DDO and (besides the real pen,paper and dice thing) I consider it the closest experience to my tabletop D&D sessions when played with the right people.

To be honest I am a bit of an old-schooler here. I still have NWN 1 installed on two laptops and give it a whirl in local LAN with my lady when not playing DDO with friends :)
  • Options
    karaavarekaraavare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi im also from argonessen im still trying to get beta access. my toons in argonessen are Arthurrr/tolunay/kurtay/gwyneith im looking forward to play this game after seeing how.... well u know turbine.
  • Options
    jhozamjhozam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited November 2012
    kasyee wrote: »
    Well me you may not remember.... : P
    Im from DDOpl guild - Kasyane, Kasyene, Kasyana, Kasyena
    M 2 main characters are fvs and monk : P.
    Used to play a lot with Shadow Thieves of Amn.

Tho I uxsed to play with Ordo and Greeks some time ago. Ryiu (or whatever how this nick is written.... :P) and Rottenbone should remmeber me. Others ... oh well :D Not sure ;).
    Nice to see you here so m8, i hope we can play together again on this new incoming game!
    Jhozam, DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    Proud Officer of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild
    now up on Neverwinter Online, member of Ordo Obscuri Domini, Italian Guild
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm on Khyber, but I haven't really played since the Spring. Mostly, the rising tide of Pay2Win got to me. I was a VIP for a long time, so I don't mind paying, but having Pay2Win stuff saps my interest in playing the game.

Neverwinter is looking really promising. I've tried other MMO's since DDO, and none of them had quite the combination of action gameplay, interesting quests (at least compared to standard MMO "quests"), and varied character build options that attracted me to that game. Neverwinter looks to have the first two, and better Free to Play model; the build options remains to be seen, but isn't a huge deal as long as the characters that are available are fun.
  • Options
    kasyeekasyee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jhozam wrote: »
    Nice to see you here so m8, i hope we can play together again on this new incoming game!

Yeah, I really hope DDO Nwn will be new shiny DDO for me and will take me for longer :P.
  • Options
    jevon66jevon66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ive been on Cannith for about 4 years now.
    Ive said im gonna quit DDO every time they snarf something up, but like the smoker who always says he'll quit when the price hits the next higher dollar...but never does.....
    I cant wait for this game to start up.
    Maybe I'll be able to get the DDO lag-monkey off my back for good.
    I started in The Order which then folded into Coven Of Heroes and there Ive stayed.
    My main is my 5th life tr currently a fvs, Redboulder.
    My fave alt is a 20 ftr-20arty-20arty tr that seems to whip some tail all by her little halfling self somehow.
    Hoping to find a guild to move in with, marry, and have grand bloody adventures with, and the occasional saturday night drunken critical failure quest just for fun =)
  • Options
    princessluneprincesslune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited December 2012
    Gallanda off and on for about 2 years, just recently came back to DDO to find it was a ghost town.
    Been playing STO and RaiderZ to keep myself calm while waiting for NWO ;D
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Gallanda off and on for about 2 years, just recently came back to DDO to find it was a ghost town.

Other servers do seem to have much better population. Aandre can recommend details better than I if need be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Not a ghost town at all. The group party dynamic though has changed. The inclusion of additional hirelings/pets/panthers etc, the DDO store, and recent changes to to-hit and ac, has killed the 6 man party on all servers. Pug groups can wait for over an hour to fill, therefore many "parties" go with just 1 or 2 pugs. Many have joined guilds to quell boredom and find full groups to run with much easier. I'd say rough math (very rough math) as high as 90% of the game's population resides in guilds. The recent changes to guild decay have made it so most guilds can much more easily gain renown to acquire the better game buffs and airship amenities. This has all been very helpful to guild life in DDO, and in fact has fortified one of the games strongest assets. Strong guilds = a strong game.

However, pug life is pure hell now, and yes certainly looks like a ghost town compared to the way it used to be. "New blood" also seems down (way down), but that can and will change with the next major update.

Let's get to the fairly accurate math:

Approximate Population from the Top 30 guilds on each server

Argonesson = 8,000 characters
    Cannith = 8,000 characters
    Ghallanda = 8,200 characters
    Khyber = 7,300 characters
    Orien = 6,600 characters
    Sarlona = 7,900 characters
    Thelanis = 9,500 characters
    Wayfinder = 2,010 characters

This can give you an idea that besides Wayfinder, a recently added German server, population for the most part is quite similar. DDO is going nowhere, it is reinventing itself is all, and besides the bugs which come with the territory of such changes, is situating itself so it will be a contender for many years in the D&D F2P MMO market.

So my advice? Find a good guild of like minded players on any server, and your ghost town experiences are over.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello :)

Ex DDO aswel, from good old Euro DDO to Ghallanda in the US.. Who knows.. if this Nwn is good i might play it aswel.

Big hug to all friends and families of ~DRAGON SLAYERS~ and to the D&D comunity in general.
  • Options
    stryker69stryker69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

I play on Cannith. I still love DDO and play just about every day. Still going to check out Nwn though. I am always up for something new to do.
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    was in a guild called the hand of the black tower ,name was Health-Aundair cleric and other was HotnSexy fighter mix.Cant remember what server i was on, think Khyber but that was after merge was first on aundair server
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    health002 wrote: »
    ...think Khyber but that was after merge was first on aundair server

Merge? You mean Euro DDO and US DDO servers merging?
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    i rechecked yup from Aundair server to khyber server ,but maybe i server transferred,if that is possable from euro to US O_O i know one thing i was with tons of aussies in the guild,And when i went from one server to another i had my old server name attach to my name and never changed it
  • Options
    thragg11thragg11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I used to play. Been having that itch to come back to it though. Kinda more or less waiting for this game to come out however. Used to be on the Kyber server as well as the Agrro server. Has there been any movement on a DDO guild forming here?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    thragg11 wrote: »
    I used to play. Been having that itch to come back to it though. Kinda more or less waiting for this game to come out however. Used to be on the Kyber server as well as the Agrro server. Has there been any movement on a DDO guild forming here?

Quite a few actually. CHeck the guild roster by andre(Mississippi queen from DDO)
  • Options
    thragg11thragg11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awesome. Thanks!!
  • Options
    lakeeriemonsterslakeeriemonsters Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Argo here. Still play regularly in the Mortal Voyage guild. I'm hoping this game would be great for permadeath experience, but we will see.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Argo here. Still play regularly in the Mortal Voyage guild. I'm hoping this game would be great for permadeath experience, but we will see.

+1 for Permadeath!!!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I did permadath for a while with Sublime. Just too challenging for me but highly respect those in DDO who do. GL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jhozamjhozam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2013
    Ordo Draconis, Italian Elite Guild Now Recruiting!
    Follow the Thread HERE
    Jhozam, DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    Proud Officer of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild
    now up on Neverwinter Online, member of Ordo Obscuri Domini, Italian Guild
  • Options
    uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited February 2013
    Uriziem of cannith here!
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • Options
    cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In DDO I was a VIP since the BETA in early 2006 and ran a guild called Swords of Light on Sarlona until about a year ago when a buddy of mine and I moved on to other games. We are both looking forward to this one. There were a lot of things in that game that were done right and I hope they are done well here too.

Lighter
  • Options
    discordinationdiscordination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    I also played DDO for a number of years, on Argonessen too actually. But I'd just as much like to distance myself from the relationships made there as the game itself. Yuck.

I'm curious as to the purpose of this post, are you making a DDO guild?
    Essence of Aggression member
    Former 666th Devil Dogs Neverwinter Co-Commander
    16.6k BiS TR Flosstradamus
    15.8k BiS CW Veria Noying
    17.8 BiS GWF Carnage Asada
  • Options
    magmofdmagmofd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Newly activated DDO again with a number of ex-DDO guildies returning to the fray to run persistent groups through all the game content on Elite. Doing upper Co6 and VON1-4 on thursday :)

Playing with Frozen Dawn on Ghallanda
  • Options
    bloodsuckingparasitebloodsuckingparasite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm from the Xoriat server, but was moved to Thelanis.
    You can look me up as Rian on DDO forums or Ryon in-game.

However, even with NWO I'll most likely still be a main DDO player.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I still play DDO. I have characters on most of the servers. Been playing since DDO was in beta. Followed my friend and Fallen Earth Community Manager Diane (Tiggs) Migliaccio to Turbine when she left SOE.
  • Options
    jaecernjaecern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I still play DDO and will always play it since my foreign friends are still playing (guildies). Gonna give this game a go and see if I can find great interest in it plus...I kinda accidentally chose the $199 one instead of the $59. :P

P.S: Would love to join fellow DDO players in this game. I'm currently residing in G-Land since 2007.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ygwildygwild Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Blackmoor Defenders, a DDO Ghallandra-based Guild is running in Neverwinter.
    Currently we have 4 veteran DDO players in Beta.
    For interest in the Guild in general check out : http://takzu.com/forums/index.php
    Or if ya wanna skip that and just send me a tell here, thatll work too.
    We will have about 6-10 people for the next phase of Beta.
  • Options
    thefantasticbardthefantasticbard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey Saw this thread, and I had to post. Argo player here. Grimmgnaw, TheSpellsinger, TheMinstrel. Lover of bards and bardy stuff. (Cus it started with my dad playing a Bard with Gary himself...oh the benifits of living in Wisconsin close by where he lived.) Hit me upp when this goes live, I cant wait :3
    The Spellsinger of Semarkan~Grimmgnaw
    I love Bards. Wisconsin, birthplace of DnD.