test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Closed Beta Keys to be Released

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    We'll find out about any NDA's when the Beta is released.

Right now we don't know a lot of specifics about the Beta Test or even the game for that matter.
    Here's my take on it though, would you be any less likely to join the CBT if they had you E-Sign a NDA? ;-)
  • yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2012
    blizzid wrote: »
    hmmm i have torchlight2 and i am downloading as i type this but i do not see a nwo key...will i get an email for it or am i screwed?b:shocked

My beta key came in the same e-mail that the TL2 key came from PWE. Did you buy the game through PWE before TL2 was released?
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    hmmm i have torchlight2 and i am downloading as i type this but i do not see a nwo key...will i get an email for it or am i screwed?b:shocked
    yolksonu wrote: »
    My beta key came in the same e-mail that the TL2 key came from PWE. Did you buy the game through PWE before TL2 was released?

Indeed, my NWO CBT Key came in the same email that my Torchlight 2 email from PWE, which is the same email I was logged into when I pre-ordered through the PWE T2 Website. Blizzid, where and when did you order your copy of T2 from? Was it through Steam, by chance?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I just found my key! Serves me right for falling in love with my phone so much that I didn't realize it doesn't let me view my e-mails spam bin!

Again both keys are in one e-mail and in fact the NW Beta Key was listed first in the e-mail I received from PWE.
    The NW Beta Key was a promotion which was only valid by ordering Torchlight II through PWE, blizzid. If you pre-ordered Steam or simply purchased Torchlight after Septemember 18 I'm afraid you missed the NW CBT Key promotion.

*Stares at the download button*
    Now I see why some players are saying it's teasing them. b:shocked
    (first and last use of a bear I hope)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I'm really enjoying T2, Runic did a great job. This was a very pleasant surprise and wonderful bonus to my NWO Beta Key. It shall help pass the time, until the gates to Neverwinter open. Indeed.
  • yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying T2, Runic did a great job. This was a very pleasant surprise and wonderful bonus to my NWO Beta Key. It shall help pass the time, until the gates to Neverwinter open. Indeed.

I played until bleary eyed last night. Never owned the first but this is lots of simple hack and slash fun. At least one of those voices stopped!
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have fun everybody and guess we'll see more keyholders with the RaiderZ promotion also!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    yes i bought mine from pwe and no key, just my tl2 key and dl info was all, i submitted a support ticket but doubt i will get one, so i am bummed, but hopefully will get in eventually when it is released...:/b:cry
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For european users, you might want to confirm any IP-restrictions before you buy it. For now there are none but another company operates for europe too (they don't have any IP restrictions for now but check what are their future plans). So look before you leap, lest there are burns like with Steam's Torchlight-2.
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    zebular wrote: »

aye im pretty impressed myself.
  • trikirantrikiran Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    So is the beta live or no?
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not yet, but "soon"
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wrong thread oops
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Keys have been sent out via that promotion (TLII) but that closed beta has not started. As for whether there will be any NDA, we'll have to see when they start that phase of the CB. I can say on other games, sometimes you can't even mention if you signed an NDA or are in a certain phase before CB even. If Neverwinter were doing this, then those players would likely be in the same boat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surfaceivsurfaceiv Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    wrong thread oops

Will any Beta Keys be handed out to community sites? Or is this purely a 'buy y product' to get a beta key? If so, then frankly I'd rather just be able to buy the key for 9.99 or whatever instead of a gaming product I don't play or want.
  • zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2012
    They will distribute more beta key than those included in Torchlight and RaiderZ packs. After all, they will need more beta testers.
    edited October 2012
    surfaceiv wrote: »
    Will any Beta Keys be handed out to community sites?

I believe so, as it was hinted that this is one of the means that they will hand out more keys once CBT and/or OBT begins.
    edited October 2012
    Everything they have ever stated says we should be given a lot of opportunities to get a Beta Key when the release draws closer.

I bought TLII because for 19.99 it didn't seem like a huge issue. Besides I decided to actually try out TLII and I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit so it was kind of win/win for me.
    But absolutely I wouldn't suggest buying games to get a Beta Key for a F2P game normally. It was a personal choice of mine which I normally wouldn't have made.

Keep waiting. Even if you don't get a CBT Key the Open Beta Test should start around the New Year.
    edited October 2012
    Yes. This was just an incentive, not tht only way to get keys by buying TL II or the RaiderZ Founders offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leodarcleodarc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    can some one tell me step by step how to get the beta key to download and play nw?? if so please email me at leosden8188@gmail.com ty b:victory
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    leodarc wrote: »
    can some one tell me step by step how to get the beta key to download and play nw?? if so please email me at leosden8188@gmail.com ty b:victory
    Beta testing has not started yet. The best advice I have to check back at this site every few days for information concerning beta and how you can obtain a key.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And get rid of your email addy:) ask someone to PM you otherwise you'll get tons of spam from things that will scoop up your email:)
    edited October 2012
    If you do not find any public news released by Cryptic or PWE, questions about Beta are answered on my FAQ. When we have public info to share it will be updated there. Conversely if ANY person has info they would like to publicly share on Beta info, please post it to that thread or PM me. If it's a confidential message or question or uncertain it can be shared, please PM me so I can review its validity and if it's public or proprietary.

And feel free to link this reply and refer people who ask about beta keys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2012
    The only real question is if CB starts in 2014 or 2015?
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    leodarc wrote: »
    If you have the time to play the beta, you have the time to read the forum and find the information without too much difficulty.
  • ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    zoooper wrote: »
    The only real question is if CB starts in 2014 or 2015?

I'm sure that you are saying this tongue-in-cheek. The development of the game seems to be on track and I'm sure that play testing will start soon. Continue to watch the forums for announcements regarding information on the beta testing.

Welcome to the forums!

My Best,

Ezra Steel
    edited October 2012
    ezrasteel1 wrote: »
    I'm sure that you are saying this tongue-in-cheek. The development of the game seems to be on track and I'm sure that play testing will start soon. Continue to watch the forums for announcements regarding information on the beta testing.

Welcome to the forums!

My Best,

Ezra Steel

To be fair, is that 2014-2015 using real time or game time meaning...holy cow, next week! *panics, buys new computer for $4000...* oh wait, next month...ignore.

Seriously, when they are done polishing the game and its features to a workable version, I'm sure they will announce it. After all, we want to play a game with working parts not just a three minute demo that can only handle one to three players played only on one computer and no network, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I know I got mine at PAX (living close enough to take a 40 min ferry to Seattle is pretty sweet).

I'm just waiting for the beta to start. Hopefully its soon because I am dieing to play it again.b:chuckle
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To be fair, is that 2014-2015 using real time or game time meaning...holy cow, next week! *panics, buys new computer for $4000...* oh wait, next month...ignore.

Seriously, when they are done polishing the game and its features to a workable version, I'm sure they will announce it. After all, we want to play a game with working parts not just a three minute demo that can only handle one to three players played only on one computer and no network, right?

You would be surprised how complete most games are when closed beta starts.

Really its mainly just user end technical bugs.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You would be surprised how complete most games are when closed beta starts.

Really its mainly just user end technical bugs.

That may not true. NW is not a translation of other MMO which is working in some other region already. It is developed and has many features which would be tested in this particular setting for first time.