test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Closed Beta Keys to be Released

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Usual ways of PWE to disseminate beta keys is to give a thousand or so beta keys to various MMO sites like MMORPG.com etc. where you login quickly and click on "get key" before they finish (usually 2-3 days). Or press like on a certain comment on facebook page and get certain code for first 100 likes etc. Or sending slogans as a contest.

So if you visit forums daily, or check it within 24 hours each day, I believe you will get to know how to get key reasonably, without having to resort to ooolalala-oopsy-e-daisies dance.

You sent me to HE-double-hockey-sticks elsewhere (better than a Drow-Twilight-Emo musical fusion trust me,) so I command you do that dance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    But I am talking about this post not relevant enough to be linked in FAQs:-

Originally Posted by kellionbane
    I pre-ordered TL2 back in May through Perfect World, just for a beta key for this game, and have not received one. Has anyone actually received a key for Neverwinter through Perfect World?

We have not sent out the keys yet, as the closed beta for Neverwinter has not began at this time.

We'll make sure you get one when the time comes.

Thanks,

Stormshade

I believe you're reading too much into it. Another earlier-linked post specifically about TLII preorders also mentioned that the keys from said promotion will be mailed "when NWO beta starts or when TL2 is released". TLII is being released, so the keys are being sent out, that's all there is to it I think. Easier to send things in one package than wait for whenever the beta starts and try to figure out who preordered TL2 and who didn't.

Though you're right, Beta for NWO will start "shortly". Probably in a few months b:laugh

EDIT: Also note that the post you linked is from before the release date change, so the timing has likely changed since then. They were probably expecting to roll out the Beta before TL2 release when they intended to deliver the game in Q3-Q4 of this year.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    EDIT: Also note that the post you linked is from before the release date change, so the timing has likely changed since then. They were probably expecting to roll out the Beta before TL2 release when they intended to deliver the game in Q3-Q4 of this year.

Very likely. Here's to hoping we can expect the closed Beta will start some-what near in the future.

Also it's worth noting that they really have been non-descript about the closed beta. Open Beta is supposed to start around the new year but the only recent info on the closed beta was given by Andy Valesquez at PAX stating both "we're about to start our beta" and "closed Beta 2012 definitely "

We'll know soon enough I hope. Like I said in the first post though...this is progress non-the-less.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    They may as well take the opportunity of a longer beta. But maybe it's just me because I have no much faith in 1 or 2 month betas.

At least I'll be distracted playing TL2 while we wait for someone getting into (closed) beta.
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    katalystik wrote: »
    Probably not. I'm sure it'll be under an NDA at first, but eventually we'll be able to.

If it's anything like most beta's, they'll have a private forum set up for beta-testers only. So TECHNICALLY we can talk about it. But only there.
  • Options
    eshnickeshnick Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2012
    After reading through this thread, and thinking a bit about it all...

I still expect CB to start in November. *shrug*
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    If it's anything like most beta's, they'll have a private forum set up for beta-testers only. So TECHNICALLY we can talk about it. But only there.

That's already been done for earlier stages of testing, but it's not clear if they are going to continue that group for beta or release any NDA and just have us post here and therefore discontinue the private forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alleybasheralleybasher Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    <==== wants to digi-sign an NDA
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just pre-ordered TL2 and got this in my email
    As part of your pre-order, you're also invited to take part in the Neverwinter Closed Beta when that launches!* When the time comes, you'll be sent a beta key to redeem on our site, so be sure to check http://www.playneverwinter.com to get all the latest information regarding this highly anticipated new title.

Torchlight 2 and Neverwinter are both in development and, as such, do not have specific dates set for their respective launch and closed beta. As soon as those dates are announced, we will publish them to our official websites and e-mail you a reminder.

Thank you!

*Does not guarantee day one closed beta access. Exact date of entry will vary per user, dependant on testing needs.

Translates to: "We got you down for Closed Beta access, we might not pick you straight away on Day 1, please don't cry, but if we need more people at that time, it might be you."

Seems kinda solid to me.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got that email too! Whoot!

I hope that the beta is both long enough to give constructive help for Cryptic and that they have time to put into motion things that the beta brings up.

I was in SWTOR beta for what seemed like forever. They kept inviting us back each new round, it was quite fun. I tried to give as good feedback as I could, but I think they were not really listening to the players much near the end.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A long beta is better to allow extra time to fix/tweak stuff. Truly important for the Foundry as it'll be the "Big Feature" by which this game will (probably) live or die for.

In SWTOR, the same as with any other beta close to ending, not much to do once things were getting close to release. But considering how long it had a beta, it's true that some stuff that made it into release was puzzling.

Not that the "Perfect Release" exists, mind you.
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    I got that email too! Whoot!

Congratulations! b:pleased

I didn't get one though... And I won't buy a different game just to get one...b:angry
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2012
    I purchased TL II months ago through pwe, even have the validation e-mail, how come i didn't get an e-mail like yours?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    thedio777 wrote: »
    I purchased TL II months ago through pwe, even have the validation e-mail, how come i didn't get an e-mail like yours?
    Did you check your spam folder? I do ask just in case as mine was there and I only saw it because of this thread talking about it.
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    I've Beta tested a ton of games, starting with Asheron's Call 2 and finishing with SWTOR and enjoyed the experience. I've had a chance to explore the games, making suggestions when needed, spotting bugs that should be corrected, and given honest feedback on the games.

Having said that, I do enjoy starting a game fresh, exploring the nuances of it, learning the lay of the land and generally enjoying myself. Participating in Beta testing takes away some of that, but it is an important task still.

I will participate in the Beta testing, if offered, and if not, I will relish in the game when it's released.

Each passing day brings us closer to the completion of the development of this game and the time when the gates will be flung wide open, permitting us entry into the land we've all grown to love. Won't be long now.

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Nice!!! This does bode well. I am wondering when the lifetime members will get an announcement as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012

Make sure you check the email address for the Perfect World Entertainment account that you were logged into when you pre-ordered Torchlight II through the PWE T2 Website. It is to your PW-registered email that it would have been sent to, not any different email - such as the paypal registered email used to buy the pre-order. Our paypal email differed from the one registered with PWE, I got order confirmations in both but it was only my PWE-registered email that got the beta notification.

Check your spam folder for email@email.perfectworld.com - or some iteration there-of.

Also, I am assuming that you pre-ordered through the PWE T2 Website and not through Steam, correct? If not, then I am sorry to have to inform you that the Steam Pre-order grants you a free copy of Torchlight I, it does not grant NWO Beta Access.

You may want to contact PWE Support for further confirmation about your T2 pre-order and the NWO Beta Access.
  • Options
    ganakaganakaganakaganaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just pre-ordered TL2. When can I expect to get a beta key?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Make sure you check the email address for the Perfect World Entertainment account that you were logged into when you pre-ordered Torchlight II through the PWE T2 Website. It is to your PW-registered email that it would have been sent to, not any different email - such as the paypal registered email used to buy the pre-order. Our paypal email differed from the one registered with PWE, I got order confirmations in both but it was only my PWE-registered email that got the beta notification.

Check your spam folder for email@email.perfectworld.com - or some iteration there-of.

Also, I am assuming that you pre-ordered through the PWE T2 Website and not through Steam, correct? If not, then I am sorry to have to inform you that the Steam Pre-order grants you a free copy of Torchlight I, it does not grant NWO Beta Access.

You may want to contact PWE Support for further confirmation about your T2 pre-order and the NWO Beta Access.

Well i used a credit card to make the purchase, and since PWE couldn't accept credit cards, it had an option where I uploaded the ammount to pay pal anonymously, and then PWE got it from paypal. I have this e-mail : http://i.imgur.com/O2cb3.png
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well i used a credit card to make the purchase, and since PWE couldn't accept credit cards, it had an option where I uploaded the ammount to pay pal anonymously, and then PWE got it from paypal. I have this e-mail : http://i.imgur.com/O2cb3.png

To me that reads: "I used an option what hastily thrown together at the last minute by PWE, and likely bug-ridden." You might want to contact them to confirm that it linked correctly and entirely to you PWE account and that you will be getting TL2 and, eventually, a beta key for NWO.
  • Options
    petrusthewisepetrusthewise Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The promotion is still valid today!
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    torchlight 2 looks like a diablo 3 clone
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »

All things considered, it'll probably be better that D3 b:pleased
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Ummm it was made by the guys who founded Blizzard North and made Diablo I and II if anything it is the real Diablo 3.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In being an ARPG, you mean. In gameplay? Not at all beyond smacking monsters and getting loot.
  • Options
    yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2012
    The promotion is still valid today!

Yep, just ordered TL2 and received the e-mail including the promotional beta key notation. Was planning to get TL2 to play with a friend. We have played TQ together for years and played NW1 way back when.

Looking forward to getting in the beta. I have never been a beta tester except for the wife's cooking, no bug reporting allowed. Seriously, I have played computer games since before PC's came with hard drives, so I do have some playing experience that I hope will be useful.
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • Options
    lonewolf0074lonewolf0074 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Counting down for TL2 release and Beta key! 2 more days....
  • Options
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    mcenakmcenak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I give my first born for a key
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tried the TL2 link, not working anymore

guess it's over...b:cry
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |