test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Neverwinter Release Plans.

Comments

• tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I will create meh drow rogue and hope that name "Thaix" is not taken yet. Then i will do a mix of questing, rping and running around the town.
    (And then I will get everyone to hate me!)
    I am inactive and I know it
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Sending the wife and kids to fiji for 2 weeks and hitting this muther hard.
    even though im not in there guild would be awesome to group up the long timers, Storm, Gill, truth, Zeb, Vindicon, Amb, granmazzo, DOT, Qumi, Van, Asm0deus, Macabrivs, past opinions aside.

breaks out the cigars.......

Sign me up for that group or groups!

vangald wrote: »
    We will get a friends list thing going during release (or beta if we are lucky). :D

Yes, screen-shots DEFINITELY show a social section including friends, guilds, group activities, etc.

gillrmn wrote: »
    hehe. First thing I will do after logging in to search for people online and go through @handle list for familiar ones and hit add friends :)

[Also I would like a hidden option where I can write sub-classes of friends like "real friend" "enemy but friend" "never agrees with me" "I want to stab this one in the back" etc... ... ... jk :p ]

Seconded for "frenemy!"

The first thing I'll do when I log in is to establish our guild space with whatever features are at my disposal. After we dry up the bar and tip the bar maids [snip]

Don't forget to place them in the fully upright position when finished!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rekluze057rekluze057 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Assuming that I have launch day off and I'm unfortunate enough that I don't get into beta, I think I'm going to end up making one of each offered ranged class and then sinking an hour or two into each in an attempt to settle into a main. Then I'll roll up placeholder characters to save some names. After that I'll run around with guildies and try to get to know people. Then I'll probably stay up well into the early morning messing with the auction house and trying to establish a presence and bankroll.
  • jyadejyade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My plan is to learn everything about the crafting system. I'm still waiting for something to be said about it! I wish UOAbigail was in on it. He made a great crafting system for NWN1 and 2.

As a side note, I keep noticing people saying that they hope such and such name is free, or saving names. . . .as I understand it, that won't be a problem with the @handle, am I mistaken?
  • memo6000memo6000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2012
    Offer what ever assistance is needed to get the guild up and running and then play till I drop!
    Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Make my usual Alt-army of mostly dwarves, get guild tagged, then basicly running around
    like a headless chicken, depending if i got into beta or not :)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes. While it can be hidden, the character name is appended to a suffix @[cryptic account name] so every name is unique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't forget to place them in the fully upright position when finished!

LOL! That shouldn't be a problem... can't promise their vibration calibration settings will be working as intended afterwards tho!! :D

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • paladinspiritpaladinspirit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I well build a character and enjoy the time playing the game before i go into building anything in the Foundry.
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Here is a great source. Sharess is a deputy of Sune.

A casual look through the pantheon had my mind spinning with Foundry ideas. That's a great source. I'll be using it in the months to come.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    That's a great list of all of the FR Deities but sadly you should be pretty careful when using it. Although the wiki pages it links to have been updated that actual webpage hasn't been updated in a long time.

A few of the main powers, lesser powers and other race pantheons listed on that page are currently dead powers. Mystra, Mask, Azuth, Vhaeraun, and Elistrae to name a few but there are many more.

Just be careful when reading through the gods' lore. It shouldn't be a major issue as the wiki is updated but still it's better to warn than to have you assume powers are around which have been dead for quite some time. ;-)
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To clarify, These are the topics on main page:-

Deities in the Forgotten Realms
    Not relevant

Featured article
    Not relevant

Find a deity (DnD 3.5 Classifications)
    3e god pantheon

The Pantheons of Faer?n, circa 1374 DR
    3e gods pantheon

The Divine Dominions of Toril, circa 1479 DR
    4e gods Pantheon

Text in green is relevant to 4e. Text in yellow is not.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Yes, screen-shots DEFINITELY show a social section including friends, guilds, group activities, etc.

If NWO was release on steam we could all friend list on that as well as have the hub page and the friend community page. Could also start a group with our own chat and what not. God I love steam. :D
    edited October 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    If NWO was release on steam we could all friend list on that as well as have the hub page and the friend community page. Could also start a group with our own chat and what not. God I love steam. :D

Well Steam is useful for sure but I bet you wouldn't love it so much if you lose your Steam account...
    ...or when your friend chooses to spam 'asd' to you for like ten minutes...
  • zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2012
    My plan is tough and challenging and not everyone will be able to make it, but that's why there are elites in MMORPGs.

I'm putting my plan here because I'm generous. It someone masters this 18 points plan, it will became a pro player, hardcore gamer and elite. All pro guilds will beg him to join, he will be interviewed by gaming magazines and websites.

1. having a cool character name is most important, BigBoss, NoMercy, IShootU, TheEmperor or Assassin are good names
    2. learning all my class skills is a waste of time, pushing 1 button is enough
    3. stay as low level as I can
    4. request high levels to push me trough instances
    5. if I die during 4., insult the tank and the healers, tell them "learn how to play or gtfo, stupid n00bs"
    6. never learn strategies; I'm creative, I don't need strategies
    7. if someone tries to explain me something before or during a raid, tell them I don't need stupid noobz to tell me what to do
    8. wander around and demand money and endgame items
    9. if players don't give me stuff from 8, insult them
    10. ninja every item I can
    11. after tough boss fights, roll on every item, if I don't need them, I can always sell them on AH
    12. try to ninja pull packs of mobs or bosses when other party members don't expect it, because wiping parties is my duty
    13. request to join endgame guilds
    14. if they won't welcome me, insult them, tell them they are stoopid n00bz
    15. if I'll ever be part of a guild, ragequit if they reproach me constantly wiping, asking for money and imba items
    16. people are stupid, make sure they find out how stupid they are
    17. ?????
    18. profit!
    edited October 2012
    zoooper wrote: »
    My plan is tough and challenging and not everyone will be able to make it, but that's why there are elites in MMORPGs.

I'm putting my plan here because I'm generous. It someone masters this 18 points plan, it will became a pro player, hardcore gamer and elite. All pro guilds will beg him to join, he will be interviewed by gaming magazines and websites.

1. having a cool character name is most important, BigBoss, NoMercy, IShootU, TheEmperor or Assassin are good names
    5. if I die during 4., insult the tank and the healers, tell them "learn how to play or gtfo, stupid n00bs"
    7. if someone tries to explain me something before or during a raid, tell them I don't need stupid noobz to tell me what to do
    11. after tough boss fights, roll on every item, if I don't need them, I can always sell them on AH
    12. try to ninja pull packs of mobs or bosses when other party members don't expect it, because wiping parties is my duty
    15. if I'll ever be part of a guild, ragequit if they reproach me constantly wiping, asking for money and imba items
    17. ?????
    18. profit!

I seriouslyhope that this wasn't typed seriously...
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

17. ?????
    18. profit!

Sounds like you played on Tholuxe Paells back in the day.
  • plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Sounds like you played on Tholuxe Paells back in the day.

Why were there alot of imbeciles ? Thought EQ community was mature.
    edited October 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    Why were there alot of imbeciles ? Thought EQ community was mature.

TP was an awesome server, but boy was there drama. Stalkers, chat sex in the wrong channel, affairs that resulted in divorce, and sometime babies, and sometimes marriage; it was a soap opera. You spend years playing with the same people, learning about their lives, sharing happy times, dealing with the death of friends/family...what can I say. The original player run message board is still around somewhere, although the juicy stuff has long been deleted. Lets just say, that around PoP, we had an influx of beggars, and L337 D00Ds, which brought the servers quality down a huge notch. Still, I'd go back in a heart beat...so many good times.

My old guild is still raiding, although the server was merged with another. Amazing to see names I remember from 1999 still grinding away.

As far as the list...well that's just part of every server...although we had some epic ninjas on TP.
    edited October 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    TP was an awesome server, but boy was there drama. Stalkers, chat sex in the wrong channel, affairs that resulted in divorce, and sometime babies, and sometimes marriage; it was a soap opera. You spend years playing with the same people, learning about their lives, sharing happy times, dealing with the death of friends/family...what can I say. The original player run message board is still around somewhere, although the juicy stuff has long been deleted. Lets just say, that around PoP, we had an influx of beggars, and L337 D00Ds, which brought the servers quality down a huge notch. Still, I'd go back in a heart beat...so many good times.

My old guild is still raiding, although the server was merged with another. Amazing to see names I remember from 1999 still grinding away.

As far as the list...well that's just part of every server...although we had some epic ninjas on TP.

Whoa just...wow.Souns like fun times hah !
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

17. ?????
    18. profit!

Absolutely hilarious:)
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    rekluze057 wrote: »
    Assuming that I have launch day off and I'm unfortunate enough that I don't get into beta, I think I'm going to end up making one of each offered ranged class and then sinking an hour or two into each in an attempt to settle into a main. Then I'll roll up placeholder characters to save some names. After that I'll run around with guildies and try to get to know people. Then I'll probably stay up well into the early morning messing with the auction house and trying to establish a presence and bankroll.

You don't need to save names. They've already said EVERYONE could have the same name if they wanted, it'll show your account/email name after your character name. Of course you can turn this off, but just so you know. No need to save multiple characters just for names in this one. XD
    edited October 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    You don't need to save names. They've already said EVERYONE could have the same name if they wanted, it'll show your account/email name after your character name. Of course you can turn this off, but just so you know. No need to save multiple characters just for names in this one. XD

Dang I forgot all about that, good call! Names are generally the crux of my character creation process.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012

17. ?????
    18. profit!

Whoa whoa whoa. Who sent you the memo?
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah.

There's only room for one Velocifaptor in the world of Neverwinter.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    One way to play would be like a true hero.
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

So the Mind Flayer video is so awesome.
    edited October 2012

The narrator or dungeon master gave me a hernia....again...
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love parties!

Get him Francis!

This is the greatest video short IMHO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    I'm sticking with the steps for profit...wait, where is the underpants gnome subclass?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]