test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

release date change

2»

Comments

• stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I understand, and really wish I could answer, questions about the Neverwinter Beta. However, we can't answer those questions at this time. We'll make sure to let you all know when things start up, and probably well in advance of when they start up.

Cheers,

Stormshade
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    I understand, and really wish I could answer, questions about the Neverwinter Beta. However, we can't answer those questions at this time. We'll make sure to let you all know when things start up, and probably well in advance of when they start up.

Cheers,

Stormshade

Fair enough. So what stage is the game considered in at the current moment? It sounds pre-alpha.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    I, for one, am not disappointed.

Indeed. Been tracking this game since the original announcement, a few months will change nothing b:victory An earlier/longer beta would be nice though, to prevent me from getting too invested in any other games...
    Fair enough. So what stage is the game considered in at the current moment? It sounds pre-alpha.

If the videos are anything to go by, the one with the Foundry presentation has a screen that reads "Neverwinter alpha". This may on may not be your answer.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Indeed. Been tracking this game since the original announcement, a few months will change nothing b:victory An earlier/longer beta would be nice though, to prevent me from getting too invested in any other games...

Dunno I think I could drop everything for the beta, of course I'm not invested in much other than working with the STO foundry currently.

If the videos are anything to go by, the one with the Foundry presentation has a screen that reads "Neverwinter alpha". This may on may not be your answer.

b:chuckle

I would call it a well polished Alpha from all appearances....I think we will see beta around October...but that's just a guess.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I know I am ready to stop MMO hopping at any time, for Neverwinter. I'll probably never stop playing STO though, even as opinionated as I am about it. I like having both a Sci-Fi and a Fantasy MMO to indulge in, as I love both genres almost equally. So, PWE has me in a pretty good place, or will have, when NWO comes out.
  • hazrothhazroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    Indeed, all we have to do is keep playing the waiting game. As long as updates keep flowing and the community stays active it will definitely go by fast.

As much as I know we wall wanted to just hop into Neverwinter ASAP, I think this will definitely make the inevitable adventure a much more fruitful and rewarding one. Imagine (and I know this community has no problem with imagination) how much polishing can be done in a "few months".

So, perhaps we can come up with a few forum games or community activities that will get pass some time. Perhaps take the time to come up with fan art, think of adventures, or even create a really interesting background for you character! :) I was personally thinking of tying my background into the fact that my mouse likes to quit responding for a few seconds every now and then. For example: A wizard named "Twitch" who was once cursed and now his mind becomes powerless to control his body at times. He's a control wizard because he figures that if he cant control himself, he will just have to control the world around him.

Moral of the story: stay busy and stay excited!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm all for it being extended if that ensures the game is going to be about something better than what we were expecting. TBH though I have no idea if this even going to happen but if there are multiple factions to be able to play this is only thing I can think of that will make in rich with PvE and PvP... The games out there now if you put in a one faction game it just makes it dull with premade maps and no element of surprise attacks or driving enemy players from your lands which is more or less what new entertaining aspects in the last decade with any kind of world pvp.

I've just been gaming for 25+ years online and I'm more into the world PvP because the instanced organized pvp is just bleh I've been there and done that and I figured Cryptic/PWE isn't about recreated been there and done that mmorpg gameplay.
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We'll be able to make Neverwinter a much better game with these extra few months, and provide a fuller, richer set of features than we would have previously.

Slippery slope!

Just don't keep delaying the game every few months to make it better and end up like Duke Nukem Forever
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • sauceonsidesauceonside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well at least now im not sitting around waiting for the game. guess ill go over and play Raiderz for a year till this is rdy
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    I know I am ready to stop MMO hopping at any time, for Neverwinter. I'll probably never stop playing STO though, even as opinionated as I am about it. I like having both a Sci-Fi and a Fantasy MMO to indulge in, as I love both genres almost equally. So, PWE has me in a pretty good place, or will have, when NWO comes out.

Well, the thing about hopping is that it's hopping while it's hopping. The longer you play sth, the harder it is to leave later. All those sacrifices for NWO >___>

Off-topic I love good sci-fi, but I haven't played a good sci-fi game in the last 10 years that isn't an FPS.
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Off-topic I love good sci-fi, but I haven't played a good sci-fi game in the last 10 years that isn't an FPS.

I used to play a game called Earth and Beyond, was fun..untill it was prematurely canceled by EA...oh well

At the moment only this and Elder Scrolls Online are tweaking my interest. To be honest, if I was in the beta I would not care when the release date was exactlyb:laugh Course if not in the beta then quicker the better for release. But assuming they will need to do stress test, they would likely invite most poeple they can for those.but here hoping for beta.

But I agree better to have extra time than realse too early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
    edited August 2012
    lyfebane wrote: »
    if I was in the beta I would not care when the release date was exactly

Considering my average luck stat from other lottery experiences, I'm just assuming that I won't see the beta other than on someone's Youtube channel. And if I, say, got the TLII preorder, I'd be the last person to be "phased in" b:laugh
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Finally got some time to watch the videos. Going to start the youtube and have a look. Good that foundry video is included as then content creators can at least start with stories once they know the capabilities of foundry system...

Ok, before something else comes up, I need to switch to youtube to watch the videos first.
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Uh. Well. I hope it comes before Elder Scroll Online.
    edited August 2012

Eh, knowing Bethesda, ESO will be nigh unplayable at release, randomly CTD every hour of play and outright BSOD 25% of all machines, the AI will be as dumb as a rock (scratch that, DUMBER), the physics will glitch all over, the graphics will look ugly and the character progression will be simplified to obscenity...

... and it will be lauded as the most innovative and artistic game ever despite being kinda sucky, because they spend more money on PR than actual development. There's also a high chance that they'll accidentally send the pre-alpha build on live and nobody will notice, and that they'll never fix any bugs but instead sell more DLC including $10 horse armor.

So yeah, some people will fangasm all over it, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole for as long am sentient. b:victory

(PS if you think I'm exaggerating, most of those things have already happened before)
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I want to try both but honestly everything I have seen in Neverwinter has me much more excited than anything I have seen for ESO.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    "Lindsay was unfortunately not allowed to speak freely about PvP other than that it?s going to be there. In fact, the game?s release has been delayed simply to facilitate the implemention of it"

http://www.nisute.com/2012/08/17/dun...players-hands/
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey folks,

I understand the disappointment regarding the release date. We were pushing pretty hard for a 2012 release.

However, after seeing the reaction to Neverwinter, which has been incredibly positive, both on the forums here, FaceBook, and at PAX East and E3, we decided it may be beneficial to take a few extra months to make Neverwinter an even better game at release.

This is a truly great thing for Neverwinter, and Cryptic Studios. We havn't had the luxury of being able to delay a game to ensure the highest quality possible release in some time. Having Perfect World, and WotC, both agree to allow us to take that extra time is truly a blessing.

We'll be able to make Neverwinter a much better game with these extra few months, and provide a fuller, richer set of features than we would have previously.

Thanks,

Stormshade

As long as it's not a push back to figure out ways to insert the lock box scheme currently plaguing STO then a delay is all right.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • felsparfelspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm not at all disappointed with this news. Both Champions Online and Star Trek Online were rushed out long before they were in a fit state for release. Take as much time as you need and just do it right this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Join Date: July 2008

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
  • perdidurperdidur Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2012
    I am moderately disappointed since I have been counting down the weeks for awhile now but if the delay means a more stable game, pvp, and Rangers then I am just fine with waiting a few more months.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From this announcement, we can still rejoice on one thing. From the announcement it seems that NW is no longer considered a dark horse but a prime investment by PWE.

That means it may get more budget perhaps (hence the reason for delay?). This can eventually turn out to be good.
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    From this announcement, we can still rejoice on one thing. From the announcement it seems that NW is no longer considered a dark horse but a prime investment by PWE.

That means it may get more budget perhaps (hence the reason for delay?). This can eventually turn out to be good.

Let's just hope this doesn't also mean that they'll try to milk it like never before.b:shocked
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Let's just hope this doesn't also mean that they'll try to milk it like never before.b:shocked

Heresy! *knocks on wood three times, throws salt and spits over his shoulder three times*
    Don't even suggest a thing! They might think it's a good idea! *panicked eyes*
  • talsictalsic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2012
    I am sad to hear the launch is delayed. Getting real tired of game hopping because honestly nothing that came out this year seems any good to me. Looks like just killing time for another 6 months. On the other hand if it is really good I will not mind the wait after it launches.
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I'm thinking of trying out one of the NWN2 PWs, to see if it's any fun, or how long I can endure heavy roleplay.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »

Well, it means X more weeks of paying staff and other operational costs without having a product on the shelf for people to buy to recoup those costs, so at the very least that much money will go into it.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So the delay to 2013 because more time and money is being spent to NW is positive indeed.

I hope though we the community are told how we can continue at this stage (it's not simply beta=contribution, but we are left with questions on what can we do next.)

Hmm, actually, this idea might make a good new thread similar to what I did last time in the olde forums....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]