test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what's everyone playing...

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
... until Neverwinter gets released?

For me, DDO mainly. Looking for another game or two just for kicks when I have time and have a change of pace...

(I'll be active in DDO and Neverwinter when Neverwinter finally ships.)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Went retro with Planescape: Torment as well as Cryptic's own Star Trek Online. Those two should keep me busy enough ATM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    WC3, Heroes of Might & Magic 3, Gothic 3, Baldur's Gate 2, LOTRO (if i could just remember email or password pffff), SW:KotOR.
    I am inactive and I know it
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    DC universe online is something I just started playing and it's pretty fun, also playing some Dragon Age, NWN 1, and Forsaken world every once in a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Skyrim, GW2 BWE (and will be playing at launch whenever that is, GW2 and Neverwinter will be my games at the end of the year and into the next), Grimrock, hanged up DDO permanently even though payed for the xpac (might go back to kill some time and to check out the xpac, just loath the grindsome mechanics till your eyes bleed in the game). Might finish IWD2 and go back to some older games (which gog.com is a great sited of the old classic games that you and purchase downloads of).
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I love to see the urge of some gamers to go retro!

Played Skyrim, probably best rpg of all time, as far as graphics/animation/sound goes. I both loved and hated (mostly loved) how they took the old solo play RPG format and extended its possibilities beyond anything possible years ago.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I went too retro and started playing AD&D - eye of beholder, but while playing the cartridge froze. I guess it must be all the dust collected over years. Not to mention all the incompatibilities of old cartridges with these too big of new high tech screens.
  • eshnickeshnick Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2012
    Slowly weaning myself off DDO. Watching some TV, doing chores around the place, and starting some solid world activities to take the place of DDO time. Hoping for a beta key when Neverwinter gets to that point. b:laugh
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    TF2
    Delve Deeper
    Blood Bowl
    Elven Legacy
    Star Craft 2
    Mount & Blade
    Orcs Must Die!
    Civ V
    Warhammer 40K Space Marine
    Cut The Rope

And whatever I pick up between now and then.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A I O N (pardon the spaces, but my first posting didn't make it past the censors)
    Star Trek Online
    Champions Online
    Skyrim
  • aorenxviiaorenxvii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was playing DC Universe Online. It's a great game action-role playing.

But... the future update of June 19 will waste all, with new restrictions for free users, top gear talking. So, I type "mmorpg" on Google hoping to get a new and hot rpg or a list at least... and I ended up with this blog saying that will come NW online.

Serious? I started in the role-playing with the sagas of Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights. I need to try this...
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sony, ruin something for their players? Never!

Heck, STILL annoyed at how they handled SWG, let alone refusing to touch their new Planetside 2 game simply because it's Sony and they will somehow mess it up under the guide of "balance" or "retooling"

But welcome to Neverwinter and we hope you enjoy the community!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • draygothdraygoth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have been dividing my time in Rift / Skyrim / D3
  • dailonihildailonihil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    DDO (well not today, with the all the domain server disaster), Skyrim, Morrowind and that's about it :)
  • plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    1.TF2
    2.SMITE
    3.SKYRIM
    4.Civ V
    5.WoW
    6.LoL
    7.ME3
    8.NWN 2
    9.Medieval TW II
    10.DC Online

Well now im playing TF2,SKYRIM and SMITE im kinda bored dont know what to play i played these games a 1000 times only TF2 and SMITE keep me playing especially TF2
  • tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For now:
    TERA
    SWTOR
    Skyrim

After they release:
    Torchlight II
    MWO
    GW2
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Awesome games so far, a few I think I might pick up a play for a while, keep 'em rollin in!

• lorddevilkunlorddevilkun Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2012
    At the moment, Demon's Souls is my main game.

Also playing some DDO and SWTOR for my mmo fix- likely to replace SWTOR with GW2 when it comes out since I'm very disappointed in how TOR's pvp has turned out. DDO I don't think will ever become my main mmo, but at the same time I'll never get rid of it for a side thing. (I've easily spent more money on DDO since it went f2p than I have on any game with subs).

I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite.

Also playing Tales of Graces F- and when Tales of Xillia comes out (so excited it'll be localized!) I'm dropping everything to play that game.

Will probably play Dark Souls once I've beat Demon's Souls- and will play Darksiders 2 when it comes out.

Haven't beat Torchlight yet- should before 2 comes out.

I'd say that makes up what I'm playing/looking forward to while waiting for NWO.
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Path of exile,skyrim,diablo 3 and come august 8th Raiderz.
    Until Neverwinter comes I'll be checking these forums several times a day for any new info.
  • anieanie22anieanie22 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    World of ********, ********: Defense of The Ancients and Dungeons and Dragons PnP
  • christopher76christopher76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    almost ashamed to say,evercrack 2. hurry up and give out beta keys to end my pain
  • henzaihenzai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 154
    edited August 2012
    RaiderZ gets some me time atm, skyrim, looking for the next JRPG to sink my teeth into
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Super Mario World
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Skyrim
    Arkham Asylum
    League of Legends
    Minecraft

Part of the reason I am looking forward to Neverwinter so much is because I have little drive to play anything else ATM. I'm spending a lot of time reading compared to gaming recently for various reasons.

I'm either in one of my every several year cycle where games just don't hold my interest or I'm just really looking forward to sinking my teeth into Neverwinter so badly that everything else just doesn't taste as sweet as it once did.

A few minutes playing one of those four games a day and I end up running off to read a book or watch some science channel documentary. However my brother recently got Portal 1 and Portal 2 and just from looking over his shoulder I might end up borrowing those to pass some time. :-)
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    eshnick wrote: »
    Slowly weaning myself off DDO. Watching some TV, doing chores around the place, and starting some solid world activities to take the place of DDO time. Hoping for a beta key when Neverwinter gets to that point. b:laugh

Followed soon thereafter by forgetting the real world exists? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Currrently, i spend my time in STO, or trolling the neverwinter forums. :).. Im really testing the foundry, and honing skills... I am hoping we attract fans of the galstaff parodies, to make a guild that is that fun, and also hoping to gather a good group of people that are really skilled with the foundry so we can bounce ideas off each other, and trade tricks. Im getting too old to be switching games. lol. this one may be it until the next DnD game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    The games I am currently playing, in order from most frequently to once-in-a-while are:
    1. Star Trek Online
    2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
    3. Forsaken World
    4. Diablo III
    5. Magic The Gathering 2013 (Xbox 360, SP & MP)
    6. DC Universe Online
    7. Civilization V: Gods & Kings (SP & Hotseat)
    8. Neverwinter Nights 2
    9. Vanguard
    10. Dungeons & Dragons Online
    11. Lord of the Rings Online
    12. Eden Eternal
    13. Sevencore (Just finished CBT, OBT starts Sept 6th)

When beta/release happens, I expect that list will look something like this:
    1. Neverwinter Online
    2. Civilization V: Gods & Kings (Hotseat)

Then, some time after-wards, I am sure I'll still dabble in some of my older favorites, looking something like this:
    1. Neverwinter Online
    2. Star Trek Online
    3. Magic the Gathering 2013 (MP Only)
    4. Civilization V: Gods & Kings (Hotseat)
    5. Forsaken World

Just waiting for Cryptic to give me the Realms.
    edited August 2012
    that is quite a list of games. when do you pee? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    that is quite a list of games. when do you pee? lol

*the mage chuckles*

I rarely play more than any three games in one day. I usually always, first thing when I start my game-time, is log into STO and do all my character's DOFF stuff and the Lore dailies. That takes about 15 minutes total. I then hop into Forsaken World to claim my daily rewards there and maybe do a daily or two if a character is close to leveling. That takes about 20 minutes.

I then choose one of the many games and end up playing that mostly for the rest of the time I can play. I usually don't play any games for long periods of time, consecutively, other than STO on occasion.

My main problem is the game keeping my attention and not boring me to death with repetition and grind. STO used to keep my attention and enjoyment non-stop, until they introduced the Dilithium system, then it became a repetitive dilithium grind -- which has all but killed my enjoyment of the game.

I know NWO will, if at least at first, fulfill my need for an MMO that isn't grindy, boring and repetitive. I hope they do not loose sight of this. I'm looking forward to once again having only one main game title that I play regularly, like I used to for 10 years with Ultima Online. On top of this, it is the Forgotten Realms! OMM worthy, indeed! (Oh My Mystryl!).

Here's my MMORPG.com listing:
    Currently playing:
    DC Universe Online, Diablo 3, Forsaken World, Star Trek Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic

Games wants to play:
    2112, Defiance, Embers of Caerus, Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms, Neverwinter, Pathfinder Online, Prime World, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Repopulation, Transformers Universe, Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online and Wizardry Online

Have played these games:
    4Story, 9Dragons, AdventureQuest Worlds, Age of Conan: Unchained, Age of Empires Online, Aika, A.ION, Alganon, Allods Online, Anarchy Online, ArcheAge, ArchLord, Archlord X, ARGO Online, Asda 2, Asheron's Call, Atlantica Online, Battle of the Immortals, Battlestar Galactica Online, Black Prophecy, Bounty Bay Online, Bounty Hounds Online, Bright Shadow, CABAL Online, Castle Empire, Champions Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains, CloudNine, Continent of the Ninth Seal, Craft of Gods, CrimeCraft, Dark Age of Camelot, Divina, Dragon Born Online, Dragon Nest, Dragona Online, Dreamlords: Resurrection, Dungeon Fighter Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Earth Eternal, Eden Eternal, Eligium, Ether Saga Online, EVE Online, EverQuest, EverQuest II, Evony, Face of Mankind, Fallen Earth, Family Guy Online, Faxion Online, Fiesta Online, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV, Florensia, Flyff, Free Realms, Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Hero Online, Heroes of Gaia, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, Heroes Of Newerth, Heroes of Thessalonica, Ikariam, Iris Online, Jade Dynasty, Karos Online, Knight Age, La Tale, Last Chaos, Lime Odyssey, Lineage, Lineage 2, Loong, Lord of the Rings Online, Lucent Heart, Luna Online, Luvinia Online, Maestia: Rise of Keledus, MapleStory, Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, Meridian 59 : Evolution, Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms, Mytheon, Mythos, Pandora Saga, Perfect World International, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, PlaneShift, Priston Tale, Priston Tale II: 2nd Engima, Prius Online, Ragnarok Online, Realms Online, Regnum Online, Requiem: Memento Mori, RF Online, Rift, Rise of Dragonian Era, Rohan: Blood Feud, ROSE Online, ROSH Online, Rubies of Eventide, Runes of Magic, Rune.scape, Rusty Hearts, Scarlet Legacy, Scions of Fate (Yulgang), Second Life, Seven Souls Online, Shaiya, Silkroad Online, Soul of the Ultimate Nation, Spirit Tales, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Tales of Pirates, Tales of Pirates II, TERA, The Secret World, Torchlight 2, Travian, Twelve Sky, Twelve Sky 2, Ultima Online, Uncharted Waters Online, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Vindictus, Voyage Century, Wakfu, War of Angels, War of the Immortals, Waren Story, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes, Wizard101 and World of War.craft
    edited August 2012
    you are in very rare company with the dungeons and dragons old school fans. we were playing long before the age of gear <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. back then, trolling just meant a way to walk. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

edited August 2012
    you are in very rare company with the dungeons and dragons old school fans. we were playing long before the age of gear <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. back then, trolling just meant a way to walk. lol

I'm pretty old-school even if I did start about 20 years after it's founding. I first started with white box, Hollow World, in '91. Then began DMing FR around '95. For a while we used the original DM's guide, you know the one, it has THE best poison table ever printed. We STILL use that same book and poison table. Seriously!

I've been playing D&D for more than half of my 34 years. Gosh, has it really been over 20 years? D&D is almost 40, 2014 is the 40th anniversary! Huzzah!
This discussion has been closed.