test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What will this new forum give us that the old one could not?

iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2012 in News & Announcements
Okay, we've seen (at the time of this posting) the locked-out-of-old-posts, the User/Display forced name changes, the removed avatars, lost PM's, the inaccessible to making posts from the wizard class' "The Library" section,
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts
the typos on the display of "The Thieves’ Den" class section and other places, the "bear minimum" if tolerated Smilies, the lack of reporting posts and said errors links anywhere on this site, etc.

I'll put that all aside and ask the title thread question again:
What will this new forum give us that the old one could not?

Tell us what things about the Cryptic/PWE Neverwinter forum are better? Please, give us something to work with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by iamtruthseeker on

Comments

• Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Annoyance and less people coming here n thus less monitering to be done on their part.

Frankly i will not be posting much anymore, these log in shenanigans have pretty much made me feel "meh" about all this, if they can't do this easy stuff right i shudder to think about the game.

That said GL guys, i will try out the game but ya not holding my breath and in the mean time back to DDO and will most definately be checking GW2 out.

Asm0deus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Annoyance and less people coming here n thus less monitering to be done on their part.

Frankly i will not be posting much anymore, these log in shenanigans have pretty much made me feel "meh" about all this, if they can't do this easy stuff right i shudder to think about the game.

That said GL guys, i will try out the game but ya not holding my breath and in the mean time back to DDO and will most definately be checking GW2 out.

Asm0deus.

You will be missed (at least by me) Asm0deus. I understand your decision, and hope you choose to change your mind. If not, I thank you for all your contributions previously. b:cry''

Dangit, I promised I wouldn't cry! Wait, I'm not a freakin' BEAR so guess I'm NOT :P That one's for you As.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Permanance.

They HAD to integrate it. Maybe it was unwanted for them too, but they had to incorporate Zen. So it would have be sort of inevitable. Now they have done it [ Rob Schneider gets up and says - You can do it!] so they can make changes to it and make it better.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ultimately it is not just the forum (which I imagine this will not be it's final iteration either - the PWE game forums have all changed over the years usually when major patches or releases happen the forums change to reflect the ingame interface style) but you will have access to Core Connect - a great little community addition to keep track of/contact with guild members both for neverwinter and other pwe games. Core Connect also is used to track accolades from various pwe games and these accolade points can then be used to get free stuff (vanity items and equips) in game.

in life change is inevitable (except from vending machines when you should consider it a bonus!)
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Mark my words, he will be back... they all do. With no real info being dished out plus with how the website got changed up people will be absent for a while. Once info is being released along Beta opportunities then people will come hither... then again there are quite a few titles being released plus summer so all in all prolly see a lot less activity but after the summer things will likely be in full swing again.
  • Options
    r555555555555555r555555555555555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    No redeeming value what so ever, imo. I still wanna check out the game but, they completely screwed up the forums. Maybe they will improve them but, I will not hold out hope.
    Just makes me sick to know that they will eventually do this to the CO forums. :(

"Resistance is futile."

BlueEyedDevil
  • Options
    rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    .....a headache?
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You will be missed (at least by me) Asm0deus. I understand your decision, and hope you choose to change your mind. If not, I thank you for all your contributions previously. b:cry''

Dangit, I promised I wouldn't cry! Wait, I'm not a freakin' BEAR so guess I'm NOT :P That one's for you As.

No need to cry i will still pop in now n then i just wont post as much, haha that means you all wont have to put up with so much of my bitchin as much lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I dislike the fact that I can't:

- check who is online
    - see all posts/threads made by a particular person
    - chceck Dev's Tracker, which isn't working anymore

from the things you didn't mention.

So yeah, I doubt these errors and things were a "hell yeah!!!" in Cryptic studios. However, I hope they'll fix this as fast as possible since it's REALLY discouraging to post on the forum right now.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »
    .... However, I hope they'll fix this as fast as possible...

I think they are already working on it. They are probably fixing spelling mistakes first as they are easiest to fix, then probably they will work on design a bit (the uniform black background) and change it in shades of dark-grey. Then they will start working on logic and make stuff like that.

Old website also had options to join as a group (though I never used it) maybe they will bring it back too for static and semi-static groups. Also auto-sorting of posts for an account (latest first) would be nice if it comes back.

But they do have time as most crowd will come (and also come-back) just a month before launch or such.
  • Options
    castiouscastious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Honestly everyone whining about the forum switch and especially the smilies are just wasting their time. I'd rather they focus on the content in the game than waste time redoing anything here on the forums.

You can still post your thoughts and opinion's. The dev's are still reading all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we have to say and seemingly trying to implement the things we all want most into the game.

Yes the game has been delayed for a long time. Do we get alot of info about what's happening in and with the game? No. Do we want false info or a bunch of promises that they can never hope to achieve thus getting our hopes up only to let down upon the release? I'd say not.

So let the information come at a slow trickle as long as it's accurate and quit complaining about it. We've all waited this long, so what's another 6months or so?

Judging from the videos and interview's we've all watched and read about 1000 times by now the game looks amazing and I personally can't wait to play it, but I also have a realistic view of what's to come upon the release. It's not a "Perfect World" just the company is named that, there will be bug's, hiccups and stumbling blocks in the game there always is.

So buck up and buckle up! The next 6 months should prove to be very interesting!

C'mon and ride the roller coaster that is: NEVERWINTER!!!
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    castious wrote: »
    I'd rather they focus on the content in the game than waste time redoing anything here on the forums.
    I don't know about the internal structure in Cryptic, but I don't think that the website guys (and/or gals) are the same that the ones working on the different parts of the Neverwinter game.

This forum update was probably just the first of some more. They certainly needed to do the account stuff before the beta gets any closer. It should had been donde before PAX though.
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Already posted about this in another thread, so I'll keep this brief:

The devs at Cryptic have MUCH more important things to do than staunch whining over cosmetic forum issues. I'm assuming, by the way, that the Cryptic team even has control over the appearance of this forum. It's possible that PWE simply hasn't assigned anyone to maintain this board. Yet. In any case, they (Cryptic devs) have a game to develop -- have some patience (and faith) that once they're able to delegate some labor into making the forum all pretty, they will.
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yeah not thrilled that I come back after a hiatus (because the game was delayed) to find my old Cryptic login doesn't work and that I can't have my old name (Varrangian), I 'mean how is Craig the goat man producer going to know who I am with this new name? Also, what is with the bear smilies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    valkhad wrote: »
    Already posted about this in another thread, so I'll keep this brief:

The devs at Cryptic have MUCH more important things to do than staunch whining over cosmetic forum issues. I'm assuming, by the way, that the Cryptic team even has control over the appearance of this forum. It's possible that PWE simply hasn't assigned anyone to maintain this board. Yet. In any case, they (Cryptic devs) have a game to develop -- have some patience (and faith) that once they're able to delegate some labor into making the forum all pretty, they will.

Devs don't frequent here. Show me the last post that Andy posted here outside his lil Me thread in the introductions. The staff you see posting here do so because it's their job.. their moderators or PRs or whatever title they want to use. Their job is to read every post that's here and respond as they see fit.

People who do web design do just that, they are not your programers or your coders or your Devs. They have a team specifically for web designs as once a game goes live there is a whole <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of updates that constantly needs to be updated. Chances are since this is linked to other PWE game sites I would venture to say that the PWE staff will likely be handling most of the legwork. Like look at our smilies... do you honestly think Cryptic would had coded that?

There is a whole separate team that does the web stuff who are in no way related to the dev teams. Those who are on the web design team really do need to fix whatever it is that needs to be fixed on the website.
  • Options
    castiouscastious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you've played other PWE games you'd consider the bear smilies a step up from the pig ones in BOI. They're hideous!!! lmao
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not sure where to post this but due to a new Firewall conflict you may see me absent now and then. Hopefully i can get it working again soon without conflict.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]