test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What have you done to the forum?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
I guess someone has to ask. What have you done to the forum? It is a mess and hard to operate.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Idk what they did, but its a mess and hard to see anything. Won't be dealing with forums until this is ever fixed.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Well if it was Vanilla that did it there may be little that they can do about it.
  • Options

Well if it was Vanilla that did it there may be little that they can do about it.

Downgrade back to previous version?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Personnally, the main problem I have is the color theme. The structure in itself doesn't seem to have change much (it feels more dense, which is not something i dislike).
    But the "all light grey and white" everywhere certainly doesn't help browsing and picking things at first glance, because lack of contrast between the various visual elements, and there is no way to switch to a "dark mode" (or at least i didn't find any).
    Something has been messed up in the css maybe...
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Well, looks like they messed up the forums for all their games in some giant "update" - overall it's hard to read and very uncomfortable for the eyes, no idea who thought this change was an improvement, but that person is just wrong...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I bet they tryed to fix the forum on mobile... and as usual, they broke other things xD
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Oops! Almost thought this was the wrong page. I am guessing they are no longer paying Vanilla? This is probably Gearbox default or they are setting up their own to reduce costs. I must agree with this being too bright. I am going blind as I type this.... oh cra p noW i can t' see to tpye.

There is a solution for some. There are extensions that you can download, they will alter the way you view any page. Stylish is the first one that comes to mind for Google / Chromium based browsers.

https://youtu.be/frRSfwddrLo
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    I can't see the last post dates for the threads, so I can't tell what's new :(
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    mintmark said:

Threads with posts you haven't read have bold headings.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Boooooo. Two thumbs down for the new look. I hope it is a mistake and gets addressed.

And, maybe I've just been blinded by the white background, but I can't see a dev tracker anywhere.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    It feels like they lost a CSS-file or something.

But it could be a move over to Gearbox forums to save money.

Either way it sucks and is not very readable.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    As far I can tell, Vanilla is free.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    pitshade said:

As far I can tell, Vanilla is free.

And you get what you pay for.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    janhow#7164 janhow Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    It's nice to see Microsoft Front Page make a comeback!
  • Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    From https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/1524150974008356864

We are aware of the forums experiencing some layout issues and are working on this as quickly as possible. Issue is appearance-only and forums remain functional. Thank you for your patience!

Posted 20 hours ago - that alone tells you how much they monitor/use the forums.
  • Options

From https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/1524150974008356864

We are aware of the forums experiencing some layout issues and are working on this as quickly as possible. Issue is appearance-only and forums remain functional. Thank you for your patience!

Posted 20 hours ago - that alone tells you how much they monitor/use the forums.

Yes, that implies whoever wrote the twit could not figure out how to use the forum neither. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    greywynd said:

mintmark said:

Threads with posts you haven't read have bold headings.
    Not for me. And there's no way to go to the last post either. Not much use any more :(
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Hey folks! Ambassodor Kael and I are discussing the forums with the appropriate team on the publishing side. Thank you for your patience as we continue to escalate feedback.

Thank you for letting us know it's being worked on.
  • Options
    chisca17chisca17 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Looking at the forum on this new website, it appears that they ported that template here.
    https://www.playneverwinter.com
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    chisca17 said:

Looking at the forum on this new website, it appears that they ported that template here.
    https://www.playneverwinter.com

I do like that home page a lot better, just need to tidy up the forums a bit and it should be good. At least they got dark mode setup again here.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree with all those points. Although, I think some of it might be browser dependent too... a few hours ago, going to the forums through the playneverwinter link using chrome on android, I did get latest post dates and the link to the last post for each thread. But trying now with firefox on PC I don't see those.

Also, differentiation between post and signature would be good, although they might have sorted that? I guess things are still changing...
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    It looks a lot better when you access the forums through playneverwinter.com. It obviously is the same forums, but for some reason the old access path does not get the same CSS.

It is not perfect on playneverwinter either, the actual post text fields need to be highlighter etc, but much better.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

It looks a lot better when you access the forums through playneverwinter.com. It obviously is the same forums, but for some reason the old access path does not get the same CSS.

It is not perfect on playneverwinter either, the actual post text fields need to be highlighter etc, but much better.

Going through playneverwinter.com is much much better (closer to what it used to be). At least, it is not a mess like through https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums which is what I have been using and miles away from what it used to be. Thank you.