test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updated Neverwinter Roadmap & Stream!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings!

Due to the shifts in schedule over the past few months, we wanted to provide an updated view of the Neverwinter Roadmap. We are releasing the roadmap today and next Tuesday, August 11, we'll be doing a Q&A stream. Please use this thread to leave questions for the stream!

Comments

• daddymike68daddymike68 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Stabby wheels for the avernus vehicles, like in the original source material. This could be as an upgrade using same materials for upgrading infernal gear or as a cosmetic choice. And the handling is awful, can you look at improving that?
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    So new class in M21 then, got it.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Be careful about Professions and Masterworks - update means making it better. Agree on new Mod probably Rime of the Shieldmaiden. (With the new White, Sapphire and Chardalyn Dragons).

New Event Reward System - sounds like a Super-Nerf.

Be nice to have the Skirmishes back.

Just remember, Covid 19 may not be over before 06/21.

I think I might like the "Better Reward Drops" Peridots for level 80, how about starting with Sapphires or Black Opals and increase the value of Artifacts/Artifact Equipment by a factor of x10 (when you cut the values by 99% that really hurt.)
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I hope the Aasimar race is the new BIS race so I can stop using metallic uglyborn. I will pay money just so I don't have to stare at my lizard anymore.

Make my Christmas wish come true and let me look good again :)

Maybe Christmas 2021, 2020 is slated for Covid Mark II.
  • magneticmoosemagneticmoose Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Here I thought that the "Surprise" was going to be either the new race or the new profession, but now I'm perplexed.

Question:

Will these new Events still be equipment gated, or will scaling be intergraded so that more players will be able to use new characters in these events?

Will the Aasimar Race have any unique features to their appearance? (i.e. taller then standard humans, optional feathers for their head and/or shoulders)
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Here I thought that the "Surprise" was going to be either the new race or the new profession, but now I'm perplexed.

Question:

Will these new Events still be equipment gated, or will scaling be intergraded so that more players will be able to use new characters in these events?

Will the Aasimar Race have any unique features to their appearance? (i.e. taller then standard humans, optional feathers for their head and/or shoulders)

They may announce it during the stream or sometime soon and want to hold the tension a bit longer. The other 2 surprises on the previous roadmap have been revealed as a new race and class. It could still be either one for all we know.

I hope the Aasimar race is the new BIS race so I can stop using metallic uglyborn. I will pay money just so I don't have to stare at my lizard anymore.

Make my Christmas wish come true and let me look good again :)

Maybe Christmas 2021, 2020 is slated for Covid Mark II.
    Cryptic still has been working from home so I'm sure they have gotten used to the new work environment and we won't see too much delays.

Now my questions for the stream:
    -What is going to be in the profession updates vs the Masterwork update? Why has masterwork been pushed back again by several months?
    -Will all dungeons be getting this improved rewards? Could you provide further details on what these rewards might be?
    -How different will these event refreshes be? Better rewards? New things to do?
    -Any plans for more class balancing, particularly with the lesser used dps paragon paths (Hunter, Thaumaturge, Whisperknife)?
    -Finally any hints for the Surprise! in September?
  • drakozaydrakozay Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Undermountain guild hall cosmetics as well as others cannot be donated, does Cryptic have any intentions of fixing this?
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User

Are Developers planning to keep lower tier boons, or may we expect top tier boons made available in the future?
    Would Focused Retaliation and blood Lust be too complex a formula to prevent overpowered players?
    My choice of boons is becoming far less attractive, considering that the latest ones are literally my lowest valued choices.
    As the Avernus Campaign's penultimate prize, other than beating Zariel Herself, they seem a tad underwhelming.
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    A new class in the fall of 21? I, guys, will not endure ...
  • oxymaoxyma Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    So they release Mod related classes like Gith and now Aasimar but they couldnt release Lycanthrope for M14 or Tabaxi for M13. I'm really sad that we didnt get the Tabaxi when Omu came out.
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Question: Currently dps can get very strong, they can get to a point of dealing huge damage while being able to easily tank mobs and bosses, especially when having a good healer or by using health stones. An example of that is dps who run ahead of everyone in dungeons and destroying the mobs or dungeon runs without a tank. And i have seen a wizard aggroing hordes of mobs and just solo destroying them in Infernal Citadel. On the contrary playing a tank or a healer feels very underwhelming compared to what dps can do. Are we going to see any changes on that?
    Post edited by melechest on
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My Thoughts
    While I don't Mastercraft for myself, I am waiting to see if the new weapons can out perform my Alabaster I am still using. I do buy my weapons in the auctions for AD. Many players didn't seem to care for the keyless loot box AD sink, although I did bank 10 of those. Mastercrafting creates items to remove 10% of the AD through the purchases. I guess I will be using my old weapons until April of next year. I figured that would be the case last April when I started upgrading my weapons.

My Questions
    Do you have the date set for the start of the Liar's Masquerade? I would like to know this to schedule the player's Halloween party in Barovia.
    Are any of the changes to the Liar's Masquerade about the broom mount? Will the item be available as an event mount or is that headed for the zen store?
    Will there still be a contest for new fashions?
    In 2018 we chose to work for witch, scarecrow, or razor and I chose witch. That first year everyone saw team razor was winning and joined the winning team. No one stood a chance after that. Then 2019, again I chose team witch. Razor was replace with team werewolf. People just went for the new team werewolf and team witch and scarecrow lost again. The issue stems from the ability to count hats, we are forced to wear the team hat, and counting up hats is an easy way to figure out who is ahead of the curve. When the majority is playing on one team, they get the most done.

As always, best wishes, I will attempt to be present for the Twitch Live Stream. If I miss it, I am sure someone on YouTube will recap it.
    Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    My Question: Will the races get a rework, so we actually could be interested for a new race? Currently dragonborn is just unquestionable top as damage dealer and I would even spend to not look like a lizard, but get the hugely overpowered abilities of that race.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    So I thought the Siege about to happen was going to be the start of the reworked one. So it looks like that's being pushed back until May?

My Question: Will the races get a rework, so we actually could be interested for a new race? Currently dragonborn is just unquestionable top as damage dealer and I would even spend to not look like a lizard, but get the hugely overpowered abilities of that race.

If you look at that road map at the top of the page, they are planing to add the half-blood angels called Aasimar. They will most likely be an elf like humans with wings. Those are listed on there between Nov/Dec this year. I am not looking forward to any "total overhaul" of the races and racial abilities, nor do I see one listed on that road map... thank God! More than likely, the new top dog might be the Aasimar. I assume it will not be a freebie, like the Gith race was, either. IF I am correct, you might get your wish and flutter about as an over powered Aasimar.

wb-cenders.gif
    adinosii said:

We kind-of assume M20 is the Frostmaiden and a return to the frozen north....but M21 is a big questionmark....looking forward to it.

So...hmmm...small profession update later this year, and MW next year,,,,well, I hope it is will not be a disappointment.

Frostmaiden is new content from WoC, when has Cryptic ever been up to date on new content or on the same page as WoC? They didn't do Ravenloft until 2018, that was a whole year after WoC rereleased the updated module. Maybe they will surprise me, maybe one million pink bunnies will show up at my doorstep with a dollar each?
    <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I can see how episodic content can fit NW very well. It creates short / medium term goals, allowing for players to jump in or take breaks as they see fit (casual friendly), allowing for more immediate gratification, and more story driven retention which also fits the D&D IP where the world is a selling point.

So the relevant questions:

1) As a player who mainly plays for the group oriented content, I've noticed that there is only 1 new dungeon only (I saw the skirmish rework, and it's a skirmish, and it's existing, I'm not really excited) for the next year. Will the episodes provide something strongly team oriented? Or any other event on the timeline.

2) Avernus Episodes are about a month apart, so were the M20 episodes in the old roadmap, now the m20 episodes are about two months apart, and reduced to two episodes from 4.
    Is the time difference is towards more content per episode? More time to polish the release? Or due to other targets in the roadmap and we can expect more or less the same scope as the Avernus episodes. (comparing to Bel for example).

3) With the shift to episodes, and what I assume more story driven experience what changes we can expect in that aspect? Repeated missions is understandable evil but what we can expect from the episodes beyond kill and fetch quests? Will there be more emphasis to reduce the repeated time gates and instead creating on story line, more common to single player games?
    like I've mentioned, the story seems important to me to maintain player retention in this model, as it reduces the long term goals that encourage players to keep on playing. I can see people coming to play another "chapter of a book" but I can also see how many will feel discouraged if the chapter doesn't deliver the needed depth.

4) Lately we see a lot of RNG within RNG, the chance of bosses at Bel's HE, then a chance of a rod. Similarly Avernus a chance of a spawn and then a chance of a drop (or chance of map, chance of loot), and so on.. Should we expect this to persist in the new content as well? Can we expect pity currency too? earn X of something for guarantied buy.

• nhogsnhogs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    On the whole agree with Micky... but couldn't really make out from the overall schedule at what level the new content will be pitched at... so i'm hoping for new dungeons where 'long' regular practice can be avoided to achieve viable participation... can fully appreciate that some players play regularly at a particular time and can spend time perfecting end content with the same group... however some of us, although committed, have to balance other stuff in our lives and grab the odd hour at irregular times... this makes participation in preparing for the last two published dungeons TOMM and Z a particular problem... a couple of new universally more friendly dungeons would be good... and since i'm wishing... please consider vamping up (pun intended) Castle Ravenloft loot... the implementation of this in NW is a thing of beauty (it is often voted in the top 3 of dnd modules and cryptic IMO did this some justice)... however many players will avoid running this because it takes a long time and there is little profit; yet some of the best loot can be found in the original & 5e dnd modules so a bit of further TLC would probably re-invigorate this one...

Haell
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Any information on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 support?
This discussion has been closed.