test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

191011121315»

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Aaisemar are the opposite of Tieflings, so I'd like to see those.
  • rhaiyukhildarerhaiyukhildare Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I would heartily enjoy seeing Tabaxi as a playable race in Neverwinter. If Star Trek Online can give us Caitians/Ferasans as playable races with tails, tiger people can work, too. Though my favourite choice, unlikely as it would be, would be kitsune.
    "Feras... Feras... Feras! Ferasans, HOOOOOO!"
  • elfrigginminsterelfrigginminster Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    at least tabaxi would make sense in the setting.. warforged, shifter and changeling? come on!!!
  • luthor#3134 luthor Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Undead or vampire
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    LOL, fact is that I see quite a DPS player jumping instead of running..
    Guess a Frog race would be suitable for them.
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • solaria#3125 solaria Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Werewolf should be a playable character! Since the greywolves are a tribe it would kinda make them a race. Halloween is coming it would be a great addition! Go to my thread and let your howls be heard for the greywolf tribe werewolf! And if not for them I would love to see the Aarakocra a playable race!! We need a race that can fly!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Still want Genasi.

And it's really four races, so bonus.

Each with it's own attribute bonuses and an ability that reflects their elemental heritage.

So Earth Genasi, for example, could have a +2 con and a choice of +2 to str or wis, and then an ability that gives them some knock resistance.

Again, just an example.

Aasimar seem overdue, but at the same time, Tieflings were almost always shown as being much more visually distinct from their human cousins and then they were in 4E from the launch.

When you add in that they sold a pack that would allow players to have a halo, they do not seem likely.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    My halfling rogue has a huge crush on the hot giantess in the sea of moving ice, so how about a halfling/giant hybrid?
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    The new Roadmap graphic posted tonight says the next race will be the Aasimar, before the end of the year.

As a prelude to M20, or a weird last minute add to the phase out of M19?

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited August 2020

The new Roadmap graphic posted tonight says the next race will be the Aasimar, before the end of the year.

As a prelude to M20, or a weird last minute add to the phase out of M19?

Yeah, I was surprised to see that.

I am interested in seeing what their visual 'trademark' will be.

I am also wondering if they will be a true premium (like Dragonborn), a 'freemium' (Githyanki), or an actual free race.

... And now we know that. An unlock for some sort of campaign or storyline progress.

Can't say that I am a fan of that.

I won't be allowed to make an Aasimar Wizard or whatever until some completely different character achieves some progress point in a campaign/adventure? How do they justify that in a story sense?

At least add a pay option for people to unlock it. Players that want to roll one immediately could do so and the game (potentially) makes a little money out of it.
    For those that want to wait, that option would be there, too.

Edit #2: Okay, good. Looks like people can basically buy the Aasimar if they want to.

Not at all a fan of how they are presenting this new campaign, though.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
  • ehychgee#5027 ehychgee Member Posts: 1 New User
    a tortle would be great
  • nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    will there be a free race reroll?
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I want a full cease and desist on any and all new races until all races are put in zen store for 2000-2500 zen (or free addition which is unlikely)
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    Kitsune please! Why? Everyone I discussed with wants it so bad! Besides it will make a friend of mine to finally play this game!
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Regardless of race, as long as it is on par with existing races it should be free, or perhaps unlockable. If I need to pay for a package, then that race is implied to have huge advantages over other existing races and thus it becomes the new meta for suitable class builds.

While I like many of the choices given, the problem is that some of those choices really would not make sense in terms of "fitting in"...Even Drow have a horrid reputation...look how hard characters like Drizzt had to work just to prove himself. (or even Deekin for that matter).
    Races to really consider:

Aasimar fit as we already have Tiefling
    Gnome and their Deep Gnome cousins
    Yuan Ti
    Grey Orc
    Genasi

Break Dwarves to differing varieties (Gold, Shield etc...)

Note these have history with Neverwinter from earlier games

Things to avoid with characters....Wings....The problem with wings is when doing group content those flying angels/planetars block the view of other players making it more difficult to follow.

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

at least tabaxi would make sense in the setting.. warforged, shifter and changeling? come on!!!

lair of mad mage last boss model can serve as inspiration for warforged race, warforged- +2 con, +2 str or +2dex, +5% defense, +5% control resistance, -5% incoming healing(its a construct),+ x% damage agains constructs ring new bis in pvp xD
  • oracle#9179 oracle Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Kenku
    Ability Scores: +2 DEX, and either +2 INT or +2 CHA
    Cunning Opportunism: +3% CA and +3% AP gain
    Safety in Numbers: +1% deflect for each nearby party member

I want to be a crafty sneaky bird creature! But without all the pride and drama of Aarakocra, let alone the unwieldy wings that would block everyone's view and clip through things and prevent armour appearances from working properly. Kenku is loveable, already in the game, and plausible (i.e. not uncommon) in a Faerun context.
  • kendaricvkendaricv Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Since we have Drow (two versions of them even), we should be able to play as Duergar as well. Either as a separate race or by allowing dwarves to have gray skin.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2023

at least tabaxi would make sense in the setting..

I'd fully agree with this, a Tabaxi would be amazing and there are different types similar to Dragonborn & M.A. Dragonborn too!

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Tabaxi
    "Tabaxi with solid spots were sometimes called leopard-folk and tabaxi with rosette spots were called jaguar-folk.[7]"

Love to see a Tabaxi for sure, as they are more unique and original that many other Races! We once had a Dev comment on it in 2018, yet then never saw anything from that point --though they never promised anything, just they would look into it.

We have had discussions about this, but I can't promise you anything right meow.

Still we've yet to see them, even though they are around the Jungles of Chult & also several other area's as well as they are traveller's...

I would heartily enjoy seeing Tabaxi as a playable race in Neverwinter. If Star Trek Online can give us Caitians/Ferasans as playable races with tails, Cheeta people can work, too. Though my favourite choice, unlikely as it would be, would be kitsune.

:+1::+1: