test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    ninjanykoninjanyko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    especially because you could have a lot of options for types of tabaxi based on what kind of tabaxi appearance you choose like a jaguar or panther or a lynx or even a lion and many more possible catfolk skins .
  • Options
    rhaknalmrhaknalm Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I would love to see Tortle race introduced, or Firbolg
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    They might add something like Vampirism if they go for Ravenloft in one of the upcoming expansions(I think D&D Online announced that as their expansion; though they don't always use the same materials). I was under the impression that Ravenloft was an interesting realm, especially when the PC RPG's were originally available. However, I recently decided to search a bit about Ravenloft lore and now, well, not really interesting any longer, let's just say.
  • Options
    zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I don't quite understand why people are voting for Minotaurs and Gnomes. All the other choices are way more unique and interesting, since they aren't bog-standard fantasy/mythological races.

3) It's been nearly 2-3 years since the last time we've seen a new class and race. I don't know why it's taking forever for it to be possible, but i really that both of these happen very soon. I don't want to compare this game or company to other games and the developers, but geez, new expansions left and right, but no new race or class. It's very disappointing for me to see.

So, the devs mantra for the ridiculously lengthy delay in releasing new races/classes has been "they need to acheive balance".

2 + years later, they are still working on that. And if you read the forums, almost every class has a gripe right now about something having to do with 'balance'. So the excuse for not releasing new classes and races continues.
    At the rate they're going, balance will never be achieved, so they may as well get back to making new races and classes...
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Class balance is like the white whale at this point. It's not happening. They've failed time after time after time to hit it. They've tried different methods (balance one class at a time, balance more than one class) and failed. They're never going to make the player base happy because every balance turns out to be a nerf or something breaks and they take months to fix it.

If class balance is the deciding factor on a new class we might as well give up all hope now.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Class balance is like the white whale at this point. It's not happening. They've failed time after time after time to hit it. They've tried different methods (balance one class at a time, balance more than one class) and failed. They're never going to make the player base happy because every balance turns out to be a nerf or something breaks and they take months to fix it.

If class balance is the deciding factor on a new class we might as well give up all hope now.

Man, all they needed is to buff SW and make TR have a slightly less steep learning curve (because some TRs can just hit immensely hard - hard enough to melt Orcus in fact). But they created the problem themselves. It's up to them to fix it, as it's basically what feeds them. If they can't fix it, well, they ain't gonna be eating any time soon so to speak.
  • Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    i would like ti just see them concentrate on what we have and get that right before going off and developing something else that wont ever be quite right
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    prior to pre-mod 6, original dev team said they have Druid almost ready and need final tweaks and would release 2-3 months after Mod 6, but they got laid-off for very bad update patch, and newer team had no idea or any clue to check not-ready to play new class, Druid, it got trashed and shelved deep, too deep in corner.
  • Options
    kirito3563kirito3563 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Tabaxi or Yuan-Ti pureblood
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The Kobold is a D&D playable character Rhix in the Protector's Enclave would be an example and I believe in one of the old Neverwinter's there was even a Kobold companion that discovered he was part dragonborn (more so than regular Kobolds) as well. I was hoping for something like this with the release of the dragonborn race package but alas, not.

The Kinder aspect seems to be covered by the Halfling build although a full Kinder vs just a Halfling (which also includes other races like Hobbits according to Tolkien) would be a nice addition, especially for a TR character.

Gnomes aside from being cosmetically different, if the race follows the historical path, the race would be good "tinkerers", cobbling together gear, weapons and mounts that sometimes works - sometimes not - occasionally with humorous and/or disastrous results... one of those "play at your own risk" types of characters.

There are all kinds of character races and specialties within those races Neverwinter could produce without ever stepping outside the Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Wizards of the Coast genres ...

My 2¢
    Post edited by chidion on
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I thought Kinder were a Dragonlance race and not a Forgotten Realms race. Did I miss something where they moved to Forgotten Realms?
  • Options

I thought Kinder were a Dragonlance race and not a Forgotten Realms race. Did I miss something where they moved to Forgotten Realms?

Thanks for the heads up, (*corrected) I edited my statement prior to the original posting and forgot to credit the other venues.
  • Options
    wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    To me, Gnomes are the more practical race to flesh out for NW. The Whispering Caverns and Underdark maps are literal doorways to where Gnomes live and their battle areas with the Drow organized under Lolth. From recollection, they appear as a rough mixture of Halflings and Dwarves, sensitive to light like the Drow. Without confirming via Wizard's AD&D content, I don't know if Gnomes would be traveling by ship with other races to fit the "beach side" tutorial.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The gnomes of the Underdark are the svirfneblin subtype. If we ever got gnomes, they would probably be of the standard variety.

Just speculation, the temporary gem merchant in the Stronghold map is likely a gnome. Fey features, shorter than an elf and less stocky than a dwarf. Gemcutting us a fairly typical gnomish profession, along with tinkering.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    I voted for Shifter, though really what I want is anything canine. That would make for a perfect Cleric. After all, who knows better how to heal than a dog? #BadPunNoCookie
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Given that this is a Forgotten Realms focused game, I can see the Genasi being put in. A bit of customization for the human skins, and stat adjustments, and it's done. Overall, I'd say they could see a decent ROI by offering it as a pack for real cash. I'm sure there would be more than a few takers.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I'd like to make a Character Skreech so I'm up for Avian race. Stands to reason seeing that there are few Avian NPCs.

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Aasaimar
    Gnomes
    Sea Elves are already in game so they should add them as a playable race and cool looking at that too. Some rpers would not mind having Sea Elves.
    Kobalds would not be far fetched but since its an inherently evil race. Doubt they would consider them.

Shifters from Eberron
    Warforged From Eberron
    Changelings from Eberron
    Dragonmarked Human
    Dragonmarked Half Elf
    Dragonmarked Half Orc
    Dragonmarked Gnome
    Dragonmarked Elf
    Dragonmarked Halfing.
    Eberron Drow with Scorpion Themed tattoos.
    Since Forgotten realms and Eberron Crossed over in DDO It would not be far fetched to have beings and creatures from Eberron running around.
    It would be interesting to see what they can do if they are willing.

• Options
    We have a lot of companions and a few mounts who I think would be considered from "inherently evil" (according to the game) alignments so I don't see why a playable character from what would usually considered to be an inherently evil alignment (like Drow - Dark Elves or possibly Tiflings) should be a disqualifier and especially since there (unfortunately) doesn't appear to be any actual alignment curve for playable characters anyway I think alignment is even less of an obstacle.

But so far there are many good suggestions some of my personal favorites have been Celestials, Genasi, Gnomes, and Kinder...

But above all what I'm hoping to see is multi-class characters for different races like Blademaster Elves who can also use limited magics. Mages that can also use simple martial or melee weapons (a staff would be nice) or other multi-class considerations.

• Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    anything but another elf or dragon..
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    The Aasimar, Genasi, Gnomes, and maybe the Minotaur all would make sense if added. So would the Yuan-ti purebloods, Tabaxi, and the duergar (if we want to start 'balancing' out the current crop of subraces.) The Aarakocra would only make sense if the devs added some kind of flight mechanic to the game. Otherwise I wouldn't see the point. The rest...no. They just don't seem to fit the setting.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Aasimar or Goliath or Yuanti Pure-Blood?
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    umm before relase new class i think is better fix the alredy exists, right now nobody think in magic class like DPS evrywhere if even none end content ask CW or SW for support in all channels and most players refuse carried like DPS a magic class in the end content. seems like magic class never intended be dps in that case i prefear a vampire class but with fisic attack none magic class, whatever if next class will be a magic class the Destiny wait is become support
  • Options
    wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    If you consider that the "vampyre" is the first mystic/infernalist, a druid or bard would be a decent class in opposition of not just vampyres, but the collection of villains from Valindra across to the Yuao-ti. The twisting parts flail around where to have CW/SW fit in the battlefield.

The 'classic' fireball, 'burning hands,' or Mordakeinan's Sword have been worked in different ways. It's the story content that seems to be talking the big shots, not the end content.
  • Options
    valaniillevalaniille Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    vampire
  • Options
    merceron17merceron17 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    More stuff for dragonborn so they can have racial abilities or powers like the do in the table top
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    come new character I play but when it comes to the unknown is like a bottomless well
  • Options
    swiftdusk#4105 swiftdusk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Not sure if it's been said, but it is a 5th edition race:

Kenku

They're so unique, quirky, and so unlike any of the already existing races available in Neverwinter. I'd play one in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Tabraxi or we can go old school mystiria and let loose the Lupin.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 744 Arc User
    And it is therefore missing the best race in DnD. Anyone know if they've discussed adding them?

My feedback is that this game doesn't have gnomes, and yet it should, and that is a grave injustice.