test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Dropped 5 Days Ago - What Is Left To Do Now?

2»

Comments

• teranozawteranozaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It is not said about the incorrect scaling system. if you type a parameter in a pet, then you lose more at level 70 locations.
    OK. I will add that it is impossible to transform the appearance of some equipment. But it can only be converted by some things. also some things disappear. I made a neck, and she disappeared.
  • teranozawteranozaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Cobolt not working, and the velociraptor gives 10K to the power of premanet, and not in the group
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    zyronax said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

what is there left to do in this game?

I absolutely, 100% agree with you. I am not quite finished (unable to play much since the release for family reasons), but once I am done, I will be just as stuck.

I can think of the following:
    • Wait for LoMM to be re-launched. There has just been silence on why it was removed - it was available on Preview, and it wasn't any more buggy than the rest of what was released.
    • Collect achievements. Seriously - that was really the only thing I had left before Mod 16 launched, so I went around collecting all those I could get, including the "kill 5000 elemental cultists" ones.
    • Spend the spare time looking for a new game to play - if you find a PvE-focused, solo/casual, high-fantasy-themed one, drop me a PM.
    IIRC LotMM will be unlocked next week. Working on getting a confirmation! Confirmed that it will drop on May 9th on PC (and will be a couple weeks post launch on Console as well)
    I love how nothing was acknowledged of the opening post. It's not even funny anymore.

I feel you @vordayn

What's there to say that hasn't been said in the countless other threads that are exactly the same? Not to seem all white knight or anything, but the pattern here is the same as it was on the BSN all those years ago: If they don't respond to everything someone posts, they're ignoring them. If they do respond, it's not good enough. If you need any evidence of that, just re-read your post that I quoted here. Since the only acceptable response is "we're going to roll back the changes", and they have no intention of doing so, they can't win, can they.

I've seen what a game looks like when a balance pass totally breaks it, and this isn't it. The one thing they do need to add to the game, however, is a canoe, or a raft mount, so that people that are actually trying to play the game can navigate through PE.
    Clearly a number of others - myself included - strongly disagree with your assessment.

Cryptic staff may not be able/have the time to answer each and every question. Fine, yet infrequently (if at all) directly tackling pressing questions head-on does not instill confidence. Also, IIRC you've mentioned that you've been away from this game for years. Some of us commenting on these matters have been here for years; the lack of confidence and cynicism didn't materialize out of thin air without reason - this has been a years-long-in-the-making process.

Frankly, nothing short of a roll back will be good enough. Mod 16 was released in a severely premature state, and Cryptic & Co. deserve all the flack they are rightly receiving for it. They can win, and one key step in doing so would be to not only acknowledge credible feedback from the playerbase (of which there has been copious amounts spanning several months), but to then also follow up on it with concrete actions that adequately address the issue(s).

And yeah, white knighting is passé.
    This demonstrates what I mean: Frankly, nothing short of a roll back will be good enough, so it wouldn't matter what they said short of this, it would just open them up to more and more criticism, and if they've been around the industry long enough, they know what's waiting down that road. BioWare devs had death threats leveled against them because fans weren't happy with something they said that didn't conform to what they wanted, or didn't want.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Tried to find any playble RAQ today... CR (bugged), Spellplague (Bugged), TONG (bugged), Spellplague again (bugged)-penalty, queuing random as heal you even can´t get a group beside the fact that noone even tries to run RAQ any more, since you only get a penalty and waste your time trying in mst cases.
    This is the reality in mod 16 !
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User

zyronax said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

I absolutely, 100% agree with you. I am not quite finished (unable to play much since the release for family reasons), but once I am done, I will be just as stuck.

• Wait for LoMM to be re-launched. There has just been silence on why it was removed - it was available on Preview, and it wasn't any more buggy than the rest of what was released.
    • Collect achievements. Seriously - that was really the only thing I had left before Mod 16 launched, so I went around collecting all those I could get, including the "kill 5000 elemental cultists" ones.
    • Spend the spare time looking for a new game to play - if you find a PvE-focused, solo/casual, high-fantasy-themed one, drop me a PM.
    IIRC LotMM will be unlocked next week. Working on getting a confirmation! Confirmed that it will drop on May 9th on PC (and will be a couple weeks post launch on Console as well)
    I love how nothing was acknowledged of the opening post. It's not even funny anymore.

I feel you @vordayn

What's there to say that hasn't been said in the countless other threads that are exactly the same? Not to seem all white knight or anything, but the pattern here is the same as it was on the BSN all those years ago: If they don't respond to everything someone posts, they're ignoring them. If they do respond, it's not good enough. If you need any evidence of that, just re-read your post that I quoted here. Since the only acceptable response is "we're going to roll back the changes", and they have no intention of doing so, they can't win, can they.

I've seen what a game looks like when a balance pass totally breaks it, and this isn't it. The one thing they do need to add to the game, however, is a canoe, or a raft mount, so that people that are actually trying to play the game can navigate through PE.
    Clearly a number of others - myself included - strongly disagree with your assessment.

Cryptic staff may not be able/have the time to answer each and every question. Fine, yet infrequently (if at all) directly tackling pressing questions head-on does not instill confidence. Also, IIRC you've mentioned that you've been away from this game for years. Some of us commenting on these matters have been here for years; the lack of confidence and cynicism didn't materialize out of thin air without reason - this has been a years-long-in-the-making process.

Frankly, nothing short of a roll back will be good enough. Mod 16 was released in a severely premature state, and Cryptic & Co. deserve all the flack they are rightly receiving for it. They can win, and one key step in doing so would be to not only acknowledge credible feedback from the playerbase (of which there has been copious amounts spanning several months), but to then also follow up on it with concrete actions that adequately address the issue(s).

This demonstrates what I mean: Frankly, nothing short of a roll back will be good enough, so it wouldn't matter what they said short of this, it would just open them up to more and more criticism, and if they've been around the industry long enough, they know what's waiting down that road. BioWare devs had death threats leveled against them because fans weren't happy with something they said that didn't conform to what they wanted, or didn't want.
    Different game. You're now doing the very thing you were calling another poster out for in this thread or one of the other ones when he/she mentioned ESO.
    zyronax said:

zyronax said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

I feel you @vordayn

Different game. You're now doing the very thing you were calling another poster out for in this thread or one of the other ones when he/she mentioned ESO.
    Except it wasn't a "call out", it was an observation from someone who's playing both games. Poster made a claim, and I submitted my take on the comparison. If you want to call that a call out, I'll roll with it. Oh, I get it now, "but you're not on our bandwagon, and need to shut up"...
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User

zyronax said:

zyronax said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

I feel you @vordayn

Except it wasn't a "call out", it was an observation from someone who's playing both games. Poster made a claim, and I submitted my take on the comparison. If you want to call that a call out, I'll roll with it. Oh, I get it now, "but you're not on our bandwagon, and need to shut up"...
    If the shoe fits.

Also, you don't get to put words in my mouth, but if you want to take yourself up on your own suggestion, who am I to stand in your way?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Obviously Cryptic messed up the launch of mod 16 by releasing it in a far too incomplete state. They obviously did not playtest dungeons at all, even with a so major system change as a new combat system.

Mod 16 should have been pushed back 2-3 weeks obviously.

But I also think player reactions are a bit too 'OMG the world is ending':
    * Serious problems like dungeons being impossible to complete *will* be fixed, and fixed at first opportunity. So getting too heated up about that is sort of pointless. Player reactions could do with a solid dose of patience.
    * Players need to understand that the people reading and posting on the boards are just 1% or less of the player mass. People also need to understand that Cryptic have a more total picture of the game and might not agree to the viewpoints expressed by the very small minority on the boards. The forum contributors need to eat a big piece of humble pie and realize they might not be right, and what they suggest might not be for the best of the game overall.

At the bottom of this is the fact that Cryptic NW team only have so much resources, and the resources available to the NW team is steadily diminishing as the income from the game falls. They are working hard to give us the best game they can within the limitations set by the economic reality.

They messed up their project planning a bit on mod 16 though :)
    zyronax said:

zyronax said:

zyronax said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

I feel you @vordayn

If the shoe fits.

Also, you don't get to put words in my mouth, but if you want to take yourself up on your own suggestion, who am I to stand in your way?
    So you can put words in my mouth, or state the intent of my post, and that's fine, but if I post my perception of your intent, it's "putting words in your mouth"? Let's take a minute to consider the ramifications of that statement: "It's ok if I assume your intent, but don't you dare try to assume my intent". That about covers it, right? It is, after all, what just happened here.

Here's how I really read it: "But rob, if you don't shut up, they won't believe the real things that are broken. We have to use hyperbole and "exaggeration" to make sure they understand that taking away our ezmode was a bad thing". #Irony is that I've actually seen that exact statement made in a forum after a game update. I have a healthy dose of cynicism too, but mine evidently runs a bit deeper than yours, because it applies to the community at large as well as the game devs. Like the post where I'm a jackass because someone with poor ping posted a video of themselves dying in stupid as proof that the update is bad. The problem is, bad ping is a thing, update or no, and if it's as bad as they claim it always is, the only real issue is that the game is now less forgiving of it. Unless it's a case where they're trying to claim that the game update caused the ping issues?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Lets see, lots of people warned in the preview forum that this would be the effect of this broken scalling

People will end the new mod and will be unable to do anything since they cant play scalled/bugged content

If the scalling was aplied to queued content only we could at least help new guildies to level, Like i did when EE was released, but now we cant even do that...

Now they didnt took the warning from test players, some places where never tested since the bugs on preview blocked our advance to test that (CN for example)

I dont belive they will do nothing great now,
    they will tweek a bit a few dungeons as people that still have patience will try to run, but not every player will get a penalty for leaving a bugged dungeon and be happy about that...

playing the same least bugged dungeon/skirmish will pay litlle ad now (where's the raw ad we could make from seasl now...)
    Dont have your hope's hight, i did, the fall is bigger

I'm measuring my play time, playing less to have somthing to play another day

Good thing i will have a some work on my new house to do and with the moving i will be with no internet for a time.

Maybe i be all set for when mod 17 hits...

Sad side, was soo much easyer to change lv70 dungeons to Lv 80 and only scale people in leveling dungeons... but this is not going away...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Tried to find any playble RAQ today... CR (bugged), Spellplague (Bugged), TONG (bugged), Spellplague again (bugged)-penalty, queuing random as heal you even can´t get a group beside the fact that noone even tries to run RAQ any more, since you only get a penalty and waste your time trying in mst cases.
    This is the reality in mod 16 !

For PS4 players when it all starts the PS4 was on mod 9 and all dungeons were not playable do to not knowing where the bosses strong 1 shot attacks were going to land, making the only way to play end game content was with scrolls, lots of them. That mod end up with players simply pulling out their CC to buy what they wanted and it helped keep AD out of the economy and it also help generate revenue for Cryptic. A few months later it was fixed with mod 10. Not sure if PC players also experienced the wonderful issues that mod 9 brought to the PS4. If so, mod 16 seems similar in design around that. And that is remove AD from the game by making dungeons harder so botters won't get their AD. Players wanting AD will buy it with their CC and sell Zen for AD and Cryptic will generate more revenue.

The more I hear about mod 16 the more I find within the update the update that it is geared towards revenue generation than actually game improvements.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Yeah - I'm starting to lose interest in playing much.

I'm trying to level a 3rd alt to level 80 in Undermountain...it's getting hard to feel motivated though.

I'm still invoking and collecting the daily key. And that's about it. Maybe the Protector's Jubilee will add new things this year...something to hope for.

I have zero interest or motivation to buy Zen for key sales or VIP sales. Kind of nice, actually - more pizza and burrito money!
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Yeah - I'm starting to lose interest in playing much.

I'm trying to level a 3rd alt to level 80 in Undermountain...it's getting hard to feel motivated though.

I'm still invoking and collecting the daily key. And that's about it. Maybe the Protector's Jubilee will add new things this year...something to hope for.

I have zero interest or motivation to buy Zen for key sales or VIP sales. Kind of nice, actually - more pizza and burrito money!

Or money you could put towards a new car, house or any other entertainment medium. I know what I spent here every 3 months has gone into other games, family movie night, etc... wife is also happy as she is seeing a slow increase in extra money to put towards a 2nd house.
  • taalar#3515 taalar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    thumbs up for rping in the yawning portal :-) I have a social channel with everything shut down except for party, and say :)
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    The sad thing is, i have a bunch of stuff left to do in the game, i just don't want to do it. The Pace set by Mod 16 is so much less interesting to me that i just feel meh when trying to play.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • dennizonndennizonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User

They really need to rethink this whole concept of releasing a new module and forgetting the older ones.. all i am saying is that they should stop make gear obsolete, content obsolete and many more.

They need to revitalyze the entire game, by making everything on the same level as the new Dungeon.
    Thats why the game is falling atm, there is so much content for nothing, alot of old gear left behind, its a shame.

When i started the game, the game felt endless at the End-Game, now if you are hittin the End-Game there is nothing to do, because the module 1, module 2, module 3, module 4, module 5 etc. Including the Strongholds don't mean anything... like absolutely nothing. I liked when i played the game in module 0 till module 4, cause i could run every dungeon and they felt equally difficult, equally rewarding etc. Now whenever they release a new module, they make new Weapon sets, new gear etc. and they spent so much time to fix the bugs, so that the next module they will be obsolete and pointless.

Like what was the point to advertise The Storm King thunder , Demongorgon, Jungle hunts and other more, if right now they are a thing of the past with no importance, and if they have any importance it wont last long until they will be just nothing.

PLEASE MAKE THE GAME FEEL LIKE IT FELT IN MODULE 1, I bet you developers have a vanila server of that time, just give it a try, and play through the Dungeons.

I am tired of Campaigns and chasing after the new gear, in the new dungeon.

please stop adding so many items in vendors that could be rewarded by dungeons.

#make the game great again

Also fix the leveling, the game feels so stupid to level from 1 to 60, and then 60 to 70 and now 70-80.

back then it was feeling liniar and fun, now its just ridiculous.
    most new players are quittin once they reach Tower District, revamp the whole system.
    We need new players to get rewarded through quests, not from buying i dont kno what item that makes them more powerful.. anyway this is the only thing that game needs right now.

Very good points here. Making stuff obsolete is not the way to go. Expand options, do not wipe them off the table or trivialize them.