test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game not fun anymore

gwilfohrgwilfohr Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Like many I am making complaints on behalf of guild members. Since mod 16 release mobs and bosses are harder to kill especially low level area starting at Black Lake especially if Karzov is killing players in one or two shots and the list goes on from there. Why just fix high player dungeons when the while Sword Coast is messed up as well it is making new players to quit especially if they cannot kill the mobs and bosses on there own. So please just don't fix high player dungeons but fix all the areas where people can solo by themselves. This is making the game not fun for new players.

Comments

• elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I used to be 11k in 15mod Barovia and was able to solo quests. Now in mod16 I am 16k and if I aggro there more than 1 or two mobs I am dead within few seconds. WTF devs?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    M15 il doesn't mean the same exact thing at M16 il.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    haven't been able to play my ranger after mod16 used to go through mobs like butter but now my ranger does kill anymore why i hate this new mod
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have 8 characters, the only issues I have bumped into, are broken areas like the Maze Engine where the quests have you at level 60 and the enemy at level 83. Scaling on places like Well of the Dragons makes it very tough to do dragon runs or Tiamat. This went Live on the 23rd and I play tested on Preview and knew there would be issues. It is my opinion, they released about a month too soon.They needed to hold off for a mid May release. I waited until Friday the 26th to start but mostly got my characters set up over that weekend. Now my characters are now between 78 to 80 and 40% done with the Undermountain. It also appears they are having some server side software issues too.

All this will take time to fix. Eventually down the road, in the months ahead, some things will get buffed others will get nerfed. I had to relearn how to play all my characters and I am doing just fine now. You come here to the forums and vent about changes. Many players wanted a level cap increase, that is done now you are stuck with it. Others asked for balance, that too is being done, they need to tweak a lot more before it is finished. Yet more cried for more content, and there it is, and they have a dungeon on the way too.

I never asked for any of this stuff. But it is here to stay, and this is it, so get use to it, or go find something else to do. If you desire changes, then you need to be more precise about what you want. You need to post your detail findings in the Debug and Feedback areas on this forum. If the game is not fun and challenging, then why are you even here?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    gwilfohr said:

Like many I am making complaints on behalf of guild members. Since mod 16 release mobs and bosses are harder to kill especially low level area starting at Black Lake especially if Karzov is killing players in one or two shots and the list goes on from there. Why just fix high player dungeons when the while Sword Coast is messed up as well it is making new players to quit especially if they cannot kill the mobs and bosses on there own. So please just don't fix high player dungeons but fix all the areas where people can solo by themselves. This is making the game not fun for new players.

Confirmed.
    New preview character (fighter) during preview had troubles killing Karzov. Died multiple times.
    On live new Wizard died even more often during Karzov fight.
    Boss hits too hard, too many adds from all sides, not being able to run fast enough to get out of the way.

A bit of a challenge is fine, die once or twice because you are figuring out how to beat a boss is ok as well. But it needs to be doable for casual and new players.

New players WILL walk away from this if the first boss is not to be beat in a couple of tries.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited May 2019

If you have VIP just do the key pull everyday and log off. Go play another game like ESO or whatever seems good. It's pretty much what I'm doing.

I think the comparisons to M6 are pretty valid right now - the big question is how many players will walk this time. M6 caused a massive player walkout - many did not return. The game survived, but it took about a year to rebuild player confidence in the game.

I'm just saving keys and checking the game news - looking for signs the fixes are being made.

imo Mod 16 as it stands at the moment, is much much worse than Mod 6. Yeah Mod 6 changed things up on us - but nowhere near the mass nerf to at wills, encounters, companions, enchantments, mounts, optimisations, stats etc. that Mod 16 has. But worse of all . . . . . Mod 6 didn't make you go backwards for daring to level up.

Mod 16 is 10x worse from a disruption perspective than Mod 6, hardly anyone I know is running dungeons anymore and I think (from memory) the player feedback on Mod 16 is much more negative

Hopefully they fix stuff soon.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @lantern22 module 6 was horrible by comparison. They didn't attempt to fix dungeons or keep dungeons on the module. Scott Shicoff shutdown any content that contained "issues" and that was most of the dungeons. I remember also how bad playing Drowned Shore was back then, do you remember it? That was the only area with enough XP to level you up from 60 to 70. And the area was so broken, my companion wouldn't even stay for the fights.

Don't get me wrong, I am not thrilled about module 16. I am not happy they ditched the Foundry (unrelated? probably), I am not tickled to revamp and relearn new skills, or the generic player characters. But they will need time to repair this new module. At present, I am still of the opinion it can be done with the month of May. If not, then they must have it done or face the "Wrath of the Jubilee" in June where many players will return looking for gifts and new shiny stuff to do.

Module 6 made the game dull and lifeless. I took several month off over the Summer. Module 16 can still become a dumpster fire, if they decided to just permanently remove the effected content. Instead they are working on it and attempting to make it better. If they fumble and by June it turns into a dumpster fire, I will be here to watch it. It is just the arsonist in me, I run two blocks down the street to watch my neighbor's house burn, that is probably not a good thing.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User

But they will need time to repair this new module. At present, I am still of the opinion it can be done with the month of May.

Should have been fixed before (a later) release. Period. It is not that nobody told them this.

• aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

But they will need time to repair this new module. At present, I am still of the opinion it can be done with the month of May.

Should have been fixed before (a later) release. Period. It is not that nobody told them this.

This! Bloody this! It is time that we, as a unifed player base, stop allowing them to release broken, bug-ridden messes under the grounds of "release it now, claim their cash, and we'll fix it later!" They admitted they *knew* it was broken and they released it anyway! We cannot allow them to grow complacent in this, or they will only continue to do this. And the only thing they will understand is a massive hit to their own wallets.

I therefore once again encourage everyone to stop buying Zen. Stop even seeking to get it from the exchange (since that just encourages others to buy it from them and then flip it for AD). I encourage every single person here to just flat out *stop*. That's the only way they'll get the message and stop giving us sub-par content for which they expect us to be unpaid beta testers...

• lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I don't want to make a thread and poked around a bit,so i'll just ask here...Things like Elixir of Fate/Potion of Force etc. are gone right?And no more injury kits?What else was basically taken off?I played everyday but after Mod 16 dropped I didn't even try it for a week or two cause I knew I was going to not be happy,so i'm out of the loop for the most part.Why doesn't my healing companion heal me in batter?.And what are some alternative's for buffs (potion wise or whatever) that are still active?Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by lucadamingo on
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

This went Live on the 23rd and I play tested on Preview and knew there would be issues. It is my opinion, they released about a month too soon.They needed to hold off for a mid May release.

Let's be honest here for just a minute. I get the logical theory that if they had more time this would have been in better shape. That's a logical expectation.

Now let's look at the reality of the situation here. ALL of the issues were pointed out for weeks. Nothing is a shock here. Nothing came out of left field. But when the issues were brought up we were told "chill bruh, everything is awesome, it's in a good place and totally WAI".

So on what planet do we really believe that with an extra 4 weeks the underlying core issue (a badly designed scaling system) would have changed much?

The more likely scenario would have been the following:
    • they tweak classes a little further
    • they tweak individual mobs that are way too powerful
    • they fix a few other annoying bugs that aren't even gamebreaking
    • and they continue to say "scaling is in a good place and you fools don't know what's good for you"

Yeah, they could have pushed the date back. And still would have been at almost the same exact place.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

gwilfohr said:

The thing I heard is the fix was to make content challenging. The problem when content is made to be challenging, devs tend to over do it. When they make content easy, again they over do it. The end result is that content is to hard or to easy, rarely is there a balance.

I found mod 15 content to be right in that balance when you did not run with meta groups. When I ran FBI this morning on console on my DC it took a 15K group about 35 minutes to beat FBI, which is reasonable given how long FBI has been out. I than joined a meta group on my CW and we burn through T9, FBI, MSPC, and CR. Each one took less than 20 minutes, yeah even CR. This group was all players playing their character with BiS gear, enchantments, etc...

Yeah the meta group needed to be fixed but mod 16 hurt the game more than anything considering now all players are being overly challenged for content that shouldn't hard, such as black lake district or other lower zones.

This update will push more players away. New players will walk, long time vets will walk and those that are left will be playing with a much smaller population. In fact, console players already have seen a significant drop in active players since mod 16 landed on preview and more are leaving each day with the issues that PC face since mod 16 launched.
    The content was scaled up to meet the difficulty of the prior meta groups but instead of just removing the buffs that were the cause of the extra layers of difficulty they said "hold my beer" and added scaling of stats to minimum levels not only for end game but early game.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k

Today again total wipe out on Tiamat , the field was green with corpses of toons , blinking to get revive . Everybody left , as I said before , downscaling is the biggest stupidity these people could have done . People was already dying in Tiamat before this hamster of downscaling , and now welcome to the Morgue of Tiamat. Everybody got 1 shot

The actual way you win in skirmishes now is that if you die you either need to use a scroll or release immediately to run right back. Those that are waiting to get revived will either kill off the survivors and have a low hp character with lowered stats from the revive when releasing and running back gets you back in the action in what would be an extra 5 seconds of time without the possibility of you killing off your team members when they revive you. Tiamat is possible to be finished but it is now really difficult to complete it. You need a team of really well created players to do it which isn't what you get when you pug it. You need a good mix of tanks/healers/dps which randoms are just placing everyone in the queue into the content. Also, in a lot of content players aren't using the best abilities in them. Healing word is the best heal spell that a DC has but most aren't even using it in the runs I am seeing. I was tanking in a piece of content and the healer would only heal when I was almost dead. They wouldn't even heal me all the way to full and I was being forced to use potions and healing stones in CN.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I think they have brushed their hands off and left the department with a " well we're done here " and proceeded to continue working on MTG game
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

@lantern22 module 6 was horrible by comparison. They didn't attempt to fix dungeons or keep dungeons on the module. Scott Shicoff shutdown any content that contained "issues" and that was most of the dungeons. I remember also how bad playing Drowned Shore was back then, do you remember it? That was the only area with enough XP to level you up from 60 to 70. And the area was so broken, my companion wouldn't even stay for the fights.

Don't get me wrong, I am not thrilled about module 16. I am not happy they ditched the Foundry (unrelated? probably), I am not tickled to revamp and relearn new skills, or the generic player characters. But they will need time to repair this new module. At present, I am still of the opinion it can be done with the month of May. If not, then they must have it done or face the "Wrath of the Jubilee" in June where many players will return looking for gifts and new shiny stuff to do.

Module 6 made the game dull and lifeless. I took several month off over the Summer. Module 16 can still become a dumpster fire, if they decided to just permanently remove the effected content. Instead they are working on it and attempting to make it better. If they fumble and by June it turns into a dumpster fire, I will be here to watch it. It is just the arsonist in me, I run two blocks down the street to watch my neighbor's house burn, that is probably not a good thing.

yeah I forgot about the dungeons being removed - but they are going to bring them back!!!! I guess 3 years later, they are starting to. But tbh, as it stands atm, there is a greater loss of dungeons / content because much if it is now unplayable.

I actually enjoyed the play style of Mod 6, yeah you got one shotted by mobs (special mention to archers in eCC) but as a tank if you used your shield and the DC healed you could get through it. Maybe because I'm closer to end game than I was back then, I'm feeling the nerf bat more, don't know.

I still think the mess that is Mod 16 appears to be worse than Mod 6, will be interesting to see what the players numbers show.

Now, if they fix/remove the HAMSTER player scaling, fix the bugged dungeons etc. . . . . . . . then maybe Mod 16 will be better than Mod 6, but there are a lot of ifs and buts in there and there is a fair bit of work for them to do.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Not fun??? Man I'm really loving this mod, it brought back the feeling of the first mods after the game launch. Now you really need to know what you are doing or else any dungeon/skirmish/heroic encounter fails...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.

Not fun??? Man I'm really loving this mod, it brought back the feeling of the first mods after the game launch. Now you really need to know what you are doing or else any dungeon/skirmish/heroic encounter fails...

The problem is that it made things take 2x to 5x longer and if a player didn't play at the start of the game which is most players right now they don't have any nostalgic feelings for the old content like you.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

The problem is that it made things take 2x to 5x longer and if a player didn't play at the start of the game which is most players right now they don't have any nostalgic feelings for the old content like you.
    And the reward for the 2 - 5x increased time commitment is the SAME as pre-mod 16. In other words...just not worth the time invested.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    All is not black:
    * The Undermountain content seems to be working ok.
    * *Most* overland content is working ok
    * Some dungeons are ok too

It seems to me the scaling system by itself is working well, and all the content that is *directly* governed by the scaling system is fine. The scaling system controls elements like basic mob difficulty etc.

The problem is that there are a lot of elements in the game that is not directly controlled by the scaling system, and those elements need manual adjustment. There are also a number of bugs where players are scaled and content is not etc, and that does not work too well.

Cryptic should have known that when they do so massive changes as a completely new combat power system, *all* old content needs to be systematically played through and checked. They obviously missed this, in particular was the testing of the dungeons lacking. Mod 16 release did come 3-4 weeks too early, they had a LOT of bug reports on the boards to work on at the point when they released, and they obviously had a lot of undone testing.

But besides the bugs, there are some intended changes that players need to live with:
    * Things are harder now - this obvious is intentional since game had evolved to a point the players were one-hitting most stuff. There was not much challenge left in game. This is a necessary change to be able to provide new character development in the future. Players that cannot adapt to the changed difficulty likely will leave.
    * Things are slower now - this also obviously is intentional since it is necessary for heals and hp to mean something. It also is a consequence of increased difficulty. Players that cannot adapt to this likely will leave.

All the unfortunate and untested effects of the scaling system will be fixed. It will take Cryptic 3-4 weeks to get on top of the worst of it, and I expect more scaling-related fixes to be needed for many months ahead.

If your problem is with bugs and errors, just be patient and play the content that is working. Fixes will be coming.

If your problem is with the game being intentionally harder and slower, that is unlikely to change much. You might as well leave now. Feel free to mail me your stuff.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    @mentinmindmaker

The Undermountain content seems to be working ok.
    Clearly you have not run any of the scaling HE's or found the un-killable regen mobs. It is not like they are hard to find so when you draw conclusions like . . .

It seems to me the scaling system by itself is working well
    I find your opinion laughable. That is just the new content. The old content has basically been removed from the game by the addition of scaling. Only a HAMSTER is running tedious unrewarding content that has a return on time invested approaching zero. Well maybe you will because you equate tedious with hard.

I can't wait to hear your opinion on how MOD 16 devalued all previous progression or perhaps how the replacement of boons and feats wasn't a lobotomy in disguise. Maybe you prefer simple, stupid and tedious. It takes all kinds.

and in conclusion when you state It will take Cryptic 3-4 weeks to get on top of the worst of it you seem to have forgotten that this is the team that couldn't get an INTEGER event counter to work for over 2 months after release or that they have had all the feedback from the test server for months and months and been unable to resolve very much.

Fight the good fight White Knight!

If your problem is with the game being intentionally harder and slower, that is unlikely to change much. You might as well leave now. Feel free to mail me your stuff.

I have a real problem with people on this forum just stating to have other players leave the game and give them their stuff. I see this as very rude behavior because if the issues were different and they were negative aspects to you as a player in the game we would be seeing your complaints. This doesn't sit well with me that those that like the changes which is the minority somehow think they can tell everyone else off and to just leave the game.

In terms of what is wrong there are two parts that I can see that are the major issues:
    1. Scaling is not done in a consistent manner and tends to be on the over done side or way underdone side. You can be in level 70 content and in 10 different areas and each place your scaled to different stats none of what makes any sense. If the developers would tell us how they expect scaling to work we might have a better product because then players would be able to test the results they are getting. The scaling is causing about 50% of the RAQ and RIQ dungeons to be on the impossible side.
    2. Bugs such as:
    mechanics that don't work
    monsters that are outside of normal levels for zones
    monsters attacks that do too much damage
    players that don't know what stats you need to get for which area
    making areas that were where players went to casually play the game into some type of challenge hard zones where players have to go to upgrade their strongholds/characters.

These steps weren't done at the right times. It already takes 6 months to a year to get boons done for most free to play players. Making it take 1 to 3 years isn't going to make you more revenue but might have the opposite effect. It will drive more players out of the game and you will lose the casual players with some whales. Scaling by itself is going to demotivate players so if you were going to push it out it needed to be the ONLY negative concept you rolled out in the mod. This is as big or bigger than trying to take away bonding rune stones capabilities which you at least turned around doing. Scaling makes people question improving their characters in the game. Your entire model of making money requires you to have a player base who want to improve their characters. This was never going to end well for Cryptic with this change based on that revenue model (you might want to look into adding a cosmetic revenue model which your not taking any advantage of at this time). Add in things also such as gathering rAD takes 2x to 5x more time, removal of stats and choice to customize your character and increasing the time to complete your boons. You now have a perfect storm of players who are now motivated to leave your game based on the fact you just made all parts of it worse than most competitor products on the market. The competitor products right now are doing really well and have record numbers of players in some of them. Some had to go out and get more server resources recently since they have so many more players beyond what they expected. At the end of the day just please make some better decisions so at the end of the day your still a viable product where players can play.
  • lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    So pathetic lol
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    So I find myself wondering:

If I went to a therapist, and told them I was doing stuff constantly that I didn't find fun, despite getting advice to find other stuff to do from others, how long it would take for me to be locked up. It's like standing in a fire and complaining that it's hot.

I left my last MMO because their update truly did break some of the classes they "balanced". A pure dps class being treated as a tank, simply because it's base class was a warrior type, despite having the name "Assassin" for 100 levels. Seeing as it's one of my favorite classes, and they destroyed it's concept, along with some other classes that they destroyed, I quit. I didn't write an essay, although I did attempt to debate the QA guy that kept claiming that Assassins had always been tanks, despite their entire skill set being built on ditching aggro, instead of picking it up. His response? "You're just pushing an agenda". I'm not pushing anything there, any more, I haven't logged in, despite needing to in order to pass guild lead, since. It seems like the healthy thing to do, when I'm not happy in a situation, I bug out.

Then there's the propaganda mill for this update, with things like "leveling zones are dead". I've seen that a few times here, and in game as well, ironically, after I'd left a zone where there were at least 5 channels chasing a dragon in Neverdeath, and 4 channels in Icespire. I guess it's hard to tell, if all you're doing is standing in PE? I've heard that Karpov was too hard for the level, and went and tested it, on the class that it was supposed to be too hard for, and he never even got to do his spin move, he dropped so fast, and the adds were a nuisance, but not impossible to deal with, if one isn't waiting for life steal to let you just stand in one spot casting Left Mouse, or whatever. It's funny, because I went in at 7, leveled to 8 in the instance, and still managed to do just fine, and completed w/out dying. I have a companion, sitting in my inventory, waiting for me to equip it, since I have perks from back when I played before, and Founder perks, that I just didn't use, and frankly didn't need.

"But you're on a newbie toon, it's not hard" unless nobody is disputing it in the thread, then it is hard, eh? There are, and have been some bugs, I only came to the forums today because I encountered the "can't complete a HE" bug. Is it funny, or sad, that when they did a hotfix maintenance on some bugs people were complaining about that too? Maybe they wanted the bug to persist over the weekend so they could say "see, they're not fixing anything"? That would be the only reason I could see about complaining about a hot fix patch, with less than 10 hours from the bug showing up in a patch and being fixed.

So, frankly, if you're not having fun, why are you still here? If you're going to "talk with your wallet", it's sort of muffled in the "I can't leave, I haven't garnered enough validation yet".
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

So I find myself wondering:

If I went to a therapist, and told them I was doing stuff constantly that I didn't find fun, despite getting advice to find other stuff to do from others, how long it would take for me to be locked up. It's like standing in a fire and complaining that it's hot.

I left my last MMO because their update truly did break some of the classes they "balanced". A pure dps class being treated as a tank, simply because it's base class was a warrior type, despite having the name "Assassin" for 100 levels. Seeing as it's one of my favorite classes, and they destroyed it's concept, along with some other classes that they destroyed, I quit. I didn't write an essay, although I did attempt to debate the QA guy that kept claiming that Assassins had always been tanks, despite their entire skill set being built on ditching aggro, instead of picking it up. His response? "You're just pushing an agenda". I'm not pushing anything there, any more, I haven't logged in, despite needing to in order to pass guild lead, since. It seems like the healthy thing to do, when I'm not happy in a situation, I bug out.

Then there's the propaganda mill for this update, with things like "leveling zones are dead". I've seen that a few times here, and in game as well, ironically, after I'd left a zone where there were at least 5 channels chasing a dragon in Neverdeath, and 4 channels in Icespire. I guess it's hard to tell, if all you're doing is standing in PE? I've heard that Karpov was too hard for the level, and went and tested it, on the class that it was supposed to be too hard for, and he never even got to do his spin move, he dropped so fast, and the adds were a nuisance, but not impossible to deal with, if one isn't waiting for life steal to let you just stand in one spot casting Left Mouse, or whatever. It's funny, because I went in at 7, leveled to 8 in the instance, and still managed to do just fine, and completed w/out dying. I have a companion, sitting in my inventory, waiting for me to equip it, since I have perks from back when I played before, and Founder perks, that I just didn't use, and frankly didn't need.

"But you're on a newbie toon, it's not hard" unless nobody is disputing it in the thread, then it is hard, eh? There are, and have been some bugs, I only came to the forums today because I encountered the "can't complete a HE" bug. Is it funny, or sad, that when they did a hotfix maintenance on some bugs people were complaining about that too? Maybe they wanted the bug to persist over the weekend so they could say "see, they're not fixing anything"? That would be the only reason I could see about complaining about a hot fix patch, with less than 10 hours from the bug showing up in a patch and being fixed.

So, frankly, if you're not having fun, why are you still here? If you're going to "talk with your wallet", it's sort of muffled in the "I can't leave, I haven't garnered enough validation yet".

Obligations to guildmates and friends. Easy enough answer. Who have managed to make this game at times fun despite the best efforts of Cryptic to never fix their HAMSTER...