test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Message from the Mimic King

Comments

• b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Some changes with the game are bad some good but ya most bad. You all wish to force the healer must be needed and you missed 1 very big thing.
    On my SW soulweaver spec I noticed how hard it really is to target and heal the tank using the at will given to heal. Often times this targets a dps or targets a pet or even targets me and thats not a good thing.
    If you guys put a method in the game allowing these type at wills to focus on 1 person in a party like the tank then it would work wonders. I could just press the at will and bingo mr tank gets his heals and dont have to worry about trying to get into an aoe that heals.
    I would not have to worry about trying hard to target mr tank trying to use this at will.
    really in some fights it gets really hard trying to target a tank.
    The idea behind it is nice and what not but ya unless you make it easier for a healer to heal the tank I really dont see it working 100% great.
    I also have to agree with what another said. I enjoy most things in the game but I really enjoy going into a dungeon I have ran many many times in over 2 years and taking 2 to 3 hours just to get done with it.
    Pressing buttons and mouse keys for 30 mins to kill 1 boss really come on now.
    Mechanics of a boss fight hasnt changed all you guys did was make it take longer then it sure to actually kill a boss.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

Thank you.

Acknowledging the problem is the first step in fixing it.
    Now that you've opened a dialogue on this subject, don't allow it to go another 2 or 3 weeks without reply or rely on one live stream to be the sum of this conversation. You've pulled back a lot of good will with this post, don't waste that by making it a one-off.

My only issue remains the fact that in the known issues you mention, it is only isolated, specific, instances of scaling you are looking at.

In case I can't get to the live stream to post a question, (Time zones are a HAMSTER) may I ask one up front?

"Can you please let us know if the current standard for scaling as it applies to lower level zones and queue content is "As Intended" with regard to the severity of scaling as a whole?"
    Essentially; are you looking to deal with the general issue of scaling being far too extreme, or just looking to patch fix individual elements of imbalance?

Again, thanks for doing this. It's much needed and sincerely appreciated.
  • bgl#5946 bgl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I appreciate your acknowledgement of the mess you created. And it's a big step in the right direction to face the community.

But at the same time you announce the console release of this, simply ignoring the amount of bug fixing, testing, adjustment to be done. If you want some improvement, you should start listening to your developers and testers(?).
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    @thefiresidecat

Oh, I just wanted to quote the screenshot from reddit but using smartphone and my whole plan went south. Sorry.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    micky1p00 said:

This applies to Cryptic, as they are obviously either not gathering telemetry and statistical data, or do not know how to analyze it. Examples range from dungeon damage, and run times, to classes balance, and simple facts as how much AD is created by what means. How can a 'resonator feature' remain unnoticed for months without red-flags...

Without question you are hot on the trail.

I'm back helping our guild and alliance, paying close attention to the community, to see how we can best function in this environment and beyond.

I truly feel posts like this can go a long way IF they are followed up. I'm hoping that they turn a new leaf with communication with the community AND public relations --- and kick it into gear NOW, like NEVER before. Cryptic actually has an opportunity here but the portal will not remain open forever.

I am looking for a REAL GOOD SIGN from Cryptic brass that older players, whether they are F2P or VIP.... are NOT being replaced/forced out, for a mass of new players who may or may not have staying power.

Any good guild leader or alliance leader knows that new players are GOLD, but keeping your regulars happy will make the NEW BLOOD HAPPY and feel welcome. WE need both and YOU need both Mr Foss. REPLAY-ABILITY is the key all us leaders hope for.

I feel there is a real disconnect in that reasoning at the highest levels of PW and Cryptic.

Mr Foss (@mimicking#6533), it's opportunity time. What are you going to do about it? And when?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Northside too deserve is place on the tanks lol he really help lot player ty to yutube video :) there are so many other streamer did same.but no worry theyll know all iithink. and i think they will say tnx on streaming to every1 so we are all fine. They promise to listen read and fix all as soon possible so let them work without pressure for a while and see where we go. We all love d&d and theyll know this.they make the game but who make great a game and memorable are the player the sinergy with who make game and who play. Nvw is legendary and we all want be at the top again as soon possible. Cheerrr!!! Sry for bad english.lol
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Some changes with the game are bad some good but ya most bad. You all wish to force the healer must be needed and you missed 1 very big thing.
    On my SW soulweaver spec I noticed how hard it really is to target and heal the tank using the at will given to heal. Often times this targets a dps or targets a pet or even targets me and thats not a good thing.
    If you guys put a method in the game allowing these type at wills to focus on 1 person in a party like the tank then it would work wonders. I could just press the at will and bingo mr tank gets his heals and dont have to worry about trying to get into an aoe that heals.
    I would not have to worry about trying hard to target mr tank trying to use this at will.
    really in some fights it gets really hard trying to target a tank.
    The idea behind it is nice and what not but ya unless you make it easier for a healer to heal the tank I really dont see it working 100% great.
    I also have to agree with what another said. I enjoy most things in the game but I really enjoy going into a dungeon I have ran many many times in over 2 years and taking 2 to 3 hours just to get done with it.
    Pressing buttons and mouse keys for 30 mins to kill 1 boss really come on now.
    Mechanics of a boss fight hasnt changed all you guys did was make it take longer then it sure to actually kill a boss.

There are bind commands for this, you can bind a power to a specific target to a button, and the same power to a different target on another button, though it's all a little 'cryptic' (pun intended) with little or no documentation, and can take a minute to 5 to set up depending on how you initially set it up.

• serron#0517 serron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey. English is not my native language but the german forum seems really dead by now so i have to try to send you my message in english.
    first of all.. the addon isn't that bad. i like the new gameplay of the warlock and i feel quite more powerfull than before.
    but.. i loved one part of your game: the smoothness in fight. there where little lags, yeah.. but you could fight for hours without getting annoyed by something.
    and now?! ... it's a mess. i wanted to grind the new events in undermountain and i'm stucking between stunlocks, lags, time delayed castings and onehits out of the blue.
    please, get back to the core and fix it! this isn't fun at all because you're wasting the half of the time just running trough lags and invisible red deads....
    i reduced my graphic settings from the highest level to the lowest level and getting less fps and a higher ping than before the update. so.. you can change everything.. but please.. if you don't fix the laggs, we can't play, and then it's not important if you add more content ..
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I would like to give my feedback, while I did spend a little time of preview, I did not explore a lot as I wanted to enjoy the live version. I love the new mod. Having played since almost week one of this game, the progression to level 80 has been fun and unique and no way laborious like the level 70 cap. The quests are interesting, the graphics are amazing and loved of the 'F' bombing (especially making them into fish). Job well done.

It has been easy to get gear and I realised how much work we had already done acquiring increased armour pen and tales artifacts are now benefitting us as mod 16 has hit. Here you have nothing to apologise for, so what I have to get more gear, enchants and artifacts etc, it gives me a sense of achievement when I acquire them. (Still waiting to win a legendary mount out of a lock box btw). I love the new pet system and being able to refine up insignias. It certainly is/will be a challenge re-learning my characters new moves - all 8 of them but learning is always a good thing. Where is the hand book on the new moves?

The things I would love to see on the fix list. The continuous lag and rubber banding, seems worse again today especially Barovia and Yawning Portal and other areas that heroics are in. My Warlock keeps going backwards in the master expeditions. I wish there was some new QOL in rewards for dungeons and skirmishes. I wish I never saw restoring gear again (yes still have black ice nightmares). Imperfect downscaling (why some areas downscale differently is a mystery). Some areas needed for campaigns are still have enemies to fight 10-20 levels higher after downscaling.

I have faith these jobs will be done and I will patiently wait, I enjoy playing this game and its something my Fiancé and I both share.
    Post edited by alleykate on
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.