test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Message from the Mimic King

Comments

• bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Too start thank you for apology. putting the game play into perspective. I use to take my main ranger in tiamat do 100 mill damage on a 1 round kill. I go in a dung [ leveling] , and now a cleric with rank8and 9's on does more damage than I do. why would anyone want to spend money to refine just to have it counted against you . and that has been like that in most dung I been in clerics barbarians seem to be top 2 dps with rouges right behind. this maybe different for some but this has been my observation. hope u can address these issues but i think they will take longer than few weeks to get these bugs out of game. Good luck on it hope you do make it all better=}
  • valsmigeravalsmigera Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    There are important issues in game:
    1. Scaling. This is problem makes it unnecessary upgrade your character, because stats it be equaled with scaling.
    Decision - scaling is need be rework or remove from 80 level content. Rework scale means 50 percent crit chance equal 50 percent crit chance with scaling with another stats. This also applies to other stats.
    2. Usseless legendary mount, stones and other. It's component do not give significant succession for it upgrade.
    Decision - upgrade states on stones and legendary mounts.
    3. Reward in dungeon. Сomplexity is more, but reward unchanged.
    Decision - upgrade reward in the end dungeon. Rewards may be next: upgrade astral diamonds, unique gear with rare chance(1-2 %).
    Other problems are not so significant, but the above need fix soon.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    1) Scaling is definitely a big issue. It has made many group content unplayable at this time. When four IL 18000 toon's
    and one IL 13000 toon cannot finish Malberg's Castle, it's bad. We wiped at the end.
    I can understand scaling the Normal Dungeons for beginner players. I know many complaints from them, was one person
    would run thru quest and leave them behind.
    I believe there should be more intermediate random queues. Break them down more, normal dungeons in one queue.
    Normal Skirmish's in another queue.

2)I don't like when my artifacts after one MOD release become obsolete based on IL. New Artifacts are now 300 IL versus 150 IL. Old Artifacts, Weapon's, Waist/Neck Special Items should be able to be updated beyond original levels, so they aren't wasted effort. Every single time new content comes out. Or give back Stones, etc during breakdown. Or give free Coal
    for new item based on the old item level.

3)Over simplification of the Character build stats and beginning stats re-rolls. Especially on existing toon's. Every existing
    toon should have free Race Re-Roll. Biggest issue is how stats characteristics are exactly the same for all Characters.
    I don't like that a Pally now needs to worry about Intelligence when it should be Wisdom and Charisma. No toon should
    have Primary and Secondary Stats then, All toon's should be optional. This is a big issue for D&D Folks.

4)Character Play Style: So far DPS versions of Barbarian and Fighter are very similar to before, which I like
    but miss Temp HP from Barb. Warden Ranger is fun so far.
    Pally's seem too different, I don't like that Tank cannot have LAY on HANDs. This is what makes a Pally.
    Another issue is removing Temp HPs from Templar's Wrath. I don't like Divinity. Should be cool down only.
    Or give Caster type's MANA pool based on Wisdom, Int or Charisma of TOON Type. I don't like that Pally seems
    more Caster than actual Fighter. You don't get that feeling with Rangers at least Warden. D&D Pally's and Rangers
    are Fighter based with spell abilities. Now they feel like Casters. Not Happy with Pally's. And I primarily play them.

Only played beginning of Undermountain, But so far seems good. But I'm sure it'll eventually feel like all the other
    Campaigns, TOO MUCH GRINDING!!!
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

To be fair, I have to note that there are some good things about Mod 16 - it isn't all bad.

• The graphics guys did a really good job - the areas and new mobs look absolutely great.
    • The storyline is a bit silly in places (dragon+sword? kuo-toa sandcastle building, really?) but that's OK - it's not over the top like Mod 15, so overall a good job.
    • The Master Expeditions are good. Feel just right - controllable difficulty, so you can make them easily soloable or proper group content. Unfortunatly they are limited to 3/day, and if the game crashes in the middle of one, it counts as one of your 3 attempts for the day. Right now, they are the only content worth doing, so I log in, do my 3/ MEs (maybe a bit of rune farming) and that's it. Until LoMM gets released, the rest of my playtime will be spent on other games.
    • Removal of Lifesteal/excessive recovery and buff stacking. Overall, I consider this change good.
    • Insignia upgrades. Just good, except for the added inventory space required. Would like to see BtC insignia replaced by BtA.
    • Companion changes. Mostly good (except that regular fighting companions are next to useless and healing companions are not much better). Sure, I'm a bit unhappy that only 2 of my 6 Legendary companions are really usable now, but overall the changes are good, and I love how gear was decoupled from the actual companion. I feel a bit cheated after discovering that the "Bolster" bonus is utterly useless when you are using an augment, though.
    So, there are some positives, but unfortunately, at the moment, the negatives outweigh them. We did warn you this might happen - just see the "General" thread on the closed playtest forum - page 1, 9th post from the top from January 24th. (I cannot quote it here because of the NDA)

If you want this game to survive, you need to fix this those things, fast.

And yes, another thing. Many PC players survived the Mod 6 disaster and are still here - we know that badly broken things can be fixed. Console players do not have that experience. If Mod 16 is released on consoles in anything resembling its current form, I am going to predict at least a 30% drop in player numbers there.
    30% is generous. It will be higher.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I don't like when my artifacts after one MOD release become obsolete based on IL. New Artifacts are now 300 IL versus 150 IL. Old Artifacts, Weapon's, Waist/Neck Special Items should be able to be updated beyond original levels, so they aren't wasted effort.

One of the suggested solutions for this was to add crafting tasks that would for example take two old mythic artifacts, and craft a new (green) artifact, which would have higher stats than the old ones once it was refined to mythic.

I am not hoprful they will listen to that suggestion, though.

Over simplification of the Character build stats and beginning stats re-rolls. Especially on existing toon's. Every existing toon should have free Race Re-Roll. Biggest issue is how stats characteristics are exactly the same for all Characters.
    I don't like that a Pally now needs to worry about Intelligence when it should be Wisdom and Charisma. No toon should have Primary and Secondary Stats then, All toon's should be optional. This is a big issue for D&D Folks.

When people complained about this during alpha playtest, it was made clear that this was WAI and not going to change. I consider it a huge mistake and am very unhappy with it - the only sensible thing to do is to revert this change completely.

But I'm sure it'll eventually feel like all the other Campaigns, TOO MUCH GRINDING!!!

Well, actually, no. There is very little grinding in the actual campaign itself....and you can easily finish in over just a few days of normal play. AT that point you can do the HEs, until you have everything they can give. That may take a while. Also, you can really grind the runic HEs, but that is really only necessary if you want to restore the Runic Apprentice armor - however, that seems mostly pointless.

So, no....no real need to grind anything.

Hoping for improvements...
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Long time player, one toon of each class capable of running any content in mod 15, and all have now completed the undermountain campaign.

Plus points would be that the undermountain campaign itself is really well done and enjoyable, and i do completely understand that there was a need to address class imbalance and run away buffing, lifesteal and recovery.

However, despite how well intentioned the changes to the game were, the implementation is an absolute train wreck.

Negative points, i hate scaling. Set aside for the moment its broken beyond belief, even if you got it working, i dont want to struggle through content i cleared years ago. Especially as the only reason im in that content is because you force me there to get my rad, because you need me there to make it look like you have a bigger player base than you do to new players. So you need me to run that content but you want to make it as difficult as possible for me to run it, with lousy rewards? My No. 1 ask is you remove scaling from the game.

You set out to achieve class balance. Having now got 8 level 80 toons, i can tell you you failed. There is as big a difference in class capability now as there ever was.

You took a game that was fast paced and fun to play, and slowed it right down. One of the biggest complaints we used to see on the forums was how grindy the game was, and your response is to make it even more so?

You devalued hard earn or paid for gear, companions, masterwork, enchants, boons all took hours to earn or good money and youve either made them next to useless (enchants and boons) or completely changed the ones that have value (companions) this just feels like a bonkers business plan, youre telling your player base its not worth grinding or spending money as rewards are not worth it, so both reducing the lifespan and income of the game in one fell swoop.

My final gripe is paladin specific, you already slowed the game down, without a dps loadout the paladin is painfully slow and boring to play. Also its not a paladin, its a fighter youve shoehorned a divinity mechanism onto to claim its a paladin. And its not a decent divinity mechanism like the DC's its an ill conceived mess that just punishes people playing this class even further.

I wont be able to make the stream due to time differences, but i hope, with extremly little faith, that the concerns from all the players on this thread are addressed.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

@mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

Thank you for this post, this was much needed.

For me, the feedback issues were a major thorn in my side and I'm happy to see an apology for that. Here is my feedback on the dialog between devs and players during preview, I spent most of my forum time in the class threads so my feedback in this post is centered around that:

There was one part of the feedback I did like this mod and that was the massive amount of quality feedback left by asterdahl. The community definitely took note of this and we really appreciated the dialog between him and the players. It felt respectful and like this dev really cares about his work. Even though we didn't agree with many of the decisions made, this went a long way to improving relations with the community.

The downside to this was only 4 class threads out of a total of 8 got this TLC treatment while the other 4 got barely any dev feedback.

After the first month of mod 16 being on preview, the feedback threads for paladin, cleric, barbarian, and fighter had gotten close to or over 100 dev responses each and continued to get showered with dev responses for the second month.

The other 4 classes, rogue, ranger, wizard, and warlock each got drastically fewer dev responses and this left a ton of players boiling and feeling like their feedback was falling on def ears. We're talking fewer than 10 dev responses per thread and most of those were to small things. Some of the dev responses to these threads angered people even more by coming across as dismissive to our concerns or making excuses instead of fixing the problems we pointed out.
    The end result of these 4 thread's neglect is that a lot of players including several knowledgeable testers that normally post a lot of feedback didn't bother posting their findings at all because they felt like it would be a waste of time. Their lack of motivation to post was only reinforced when the players that did post quality feedback didn't seem to have much impact on the dev's decisions.

The cruel irony here is that asterdahl was much more engaged with the players, but noworries' classes came out with drastically better-designed feats. I have a fighter, a paladin, a barbarian, and a ranger, and the difference between the first three and the fourth is like night and day. Almost none of the ranger feats are locked to specific powers, and none of them slap a punishing 3 minute cooldown on one of your dailies.
    @fenrir4life
    I think part of the reason is that dps is still just dps, tanking changes were drastic so asterdahl had a much more challenging task handling all three tank classes, and two of the three healer classes.

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Well lost another master expedition daily because mob seems to be under the floor.... Wonderful losing chances at the alabaster weapon sets and one of the largest single source of campaign currency in the game via the quest turn in which is 30 usually..... This is not the first time either... so much time and resources complete wasted for me since this mod went live due to bugs and glitches and when gms do give a response it is just we can not do anything to help thanks for the understanding and sorry for the inconvenience,,,, sorry is not enough you really should show some good will and at the very least compensate people being screwed at no fault of their own over and over because of bugs and HAMSTER.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Cant tell you what to do exacly, there are so many areas of bugs in Mod16.
    But the very most thing you must change instantly is to get rid off the scaling system.
    - till mod 15 we got many buffs to make content easier, no buffs in mod16
    - till mod 15 we have enchants that define ~60% of our stats, now we have barely 20% (max), cutted down in scaling areas to ~8%.
    - till mod 15 we had a fluid combat system, with recovery build to personal needs, now we have mostly longer or doubled cooldowns and no real option to make it shorter cooldowns.
    - till mod 15 we had boons that define or complete our stats for the role we want to play (build another ~20% of our stats), now we got boons that do 1,25% max for our stats and most of them dont function (look at hp boons).
    You see there are many things cutted down plus the unvolved scaling system makes it not fun to play.

Discard scaling now. Build a plan for a better system and implement this with mod17.
    till mod 15 Enchants where 3% stat value, now they are only 1,2% and that is unscaled.

if you want improve new players, then dont hurt them with scaling (you do it too fast, now you cant made it ever to lvl 80), instead make campaign booster tokens(dont know the english name of them) tradeable.

Look at the talents, some didnt do something or so less usefull for our roles.

Combat advantage isnt relyable to our position. If you are behind critter you dont get combat advantage in all cases (why?)

And there are many bugs to clear, dont stop doing fixes for broken powers, broken talents, broken features, broken companions.
  • bongslayer666#6201 bongslayer666 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Thank you just please balance the dps at end game.im a end game gwf/barbarian I dont want to be irrelevant or not needed.i dont got a PC ive played since the start ish of ps4.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

oh, another note. you really need to explain why, despite, according to you, having worked on mod16 for OVER A YEAR, this is what was released. why the quality is so low despite the extra time given to this mod. and this isn't a small thing, either. the question of why the dev team has managed to perform even worse than normal, despite being given way more time to work on the mod than normal, is an important one for you to answer.

@hitchslapped
    My guess is they probably have about half the staff they need to properly run this game, maybe less. Total guess as I have no insider information and I don't know even how many people it takes to run this game. My opinion is based on how many team members they've lost over the past couple years and the overall quantity of new content and quality of the the game.

Others have stated they seem to lack at least some of the best practices and procedures that other software/game developers use. Again I have no specific info or knowledge but @micky1p00 made a lot of good points earlier in this thread that make sense (regression of previous fixes, etc.).
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    manipulos said:

@mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

Thank you for this post, this was much needed.

For me, the feedback issues were a major thorn in my side and I'm happy to see an apology for that. Here is my feedback on the dialog between devs and players during preview, I spent most of my forum time in the class threads so my feedback in this post is centered around that:

There was one part of the feedback I did like this mod and that was the massive amount of quality feedback left by asterdahl. The community definitely took note of this and we really appreciated the dialog between him and the players. It felt respectful and like this dev really cares about his work. Even though we didn't agree with many of the decisions made, this went a long way to improving relations with the community.

The downside to this was only 4 class threads out of a total of 8 got this TLC treatment while the other 4 got barely any dev feedback.

After the first month of mod 16 being on preview, the feedback threads for paladin, cleric, barbarian, and fighter had gotten close to or over 100 dev responses each and continued to get showered with dev responses for the second month.

The other 4 classes, rogue, ranger, wizard, and warlock each got drastically fewer dev responses and this left a ton of players boiling and feeling like their feedback was falling on def ears. We're talking fewer than 10 dev responses per thread and most of those were to small things. Some of the dev responses to these threads angered people even more by coming across as dismissive to our concerns or making excuses instead of fixing the problems we pointed out.
    The end result of these 4 thread's neglect is that a lot of players including several knowledgeable testers that normally post a lot of feedback didn't bother posting their findings at all because they felt like it would be a waste of time. Their lack of motivation to post was only reinforced when the players that did post quality feedback didn't seem to have much impact on the dev's decisions.

The cruel irony here is that asterdahl was much more engaged with the players, but noworries' classes came out with drastically better-designed feats. I have a fighter, a paladin, a barbarian, and a ranger, and the difference between the first three and the fourth is like night and day. Almost none of the ranger feats are locked to specific powers, and none of them slap a punishing 3 minute cooldown on one of your dailies.
    @fenrir4life
    I think part of the reason is that dps is still just dps, tanking changes were drastic so asterdahl had a much more challenging task handling all three tank classes, and two of the three healer classes.

You might think so, but it's worth noting that even the non-tanking trees for those classes are just lackluster and restrictive compared to the other classes, with a dearth of well-designed feats that don't fixate on a single power. Rangers don't have that problem. Rogues don't have that problem. Wizards definitely don't have that problem.

I'm not one of those screeching imps clamoring for devs to be fired. @asterdahl seems like a really nice guy, and his systemic change to how tanking works is full of good choices. It's literally just the feats that seem lackluster, and to make matters worse, early in beta, there were better-designed, less restrictive feats on these classes that were scrapped when unrelated bugs artificially inflated the classes' performance (pi damage buff for barbarian, ITF massive AP gain for Dreadnaught)
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    > @rammdozer said:
    > I am sick of hearing contributors on twitch and youtube complain about cryptic. I think it's funny how you complain cryptic doesn't "take care of it's contributors" ..... first off most of the contributors do nothing but show how to make the game truly free to play with solo grinding, meaning not having to put real money on the game......that's a problem ..A BIG PROBLEM...first off folks free to play means no subscription the end game content can be reached with real money which then goes into the game to make it free to play for all...if you take away the real money aspect of this game is gonna fail end of story which is where it's headed now. The reason why things get nerfed is because they need pay, not grind for ad to exchange to zen. Basically you are all complaining about the situation you put yourselves in and what entirely comical is your trying to say that this is all based off of broken content....well friends lets see you eat steak and lobster with no money. Use some common sense folks seriously. As far as i'm concerned mod 16 is great sure there are broken things but what game doesn't have its issues and those issues get addressed I think for the most part its the grinders who are pissed off not the players, think about it they grind an already grindy game to avoid putting real money on the game, then they complain when you take away their ability to grind so they don't have to pay. Honestly in my opinion just fix the bugs and scaling in certain areas and let the bums find another bridge to hide under.

Couldnt disagree more, ive spent 000s on the game. The problems we are seeing are completely irrelavent to spend though, scaling is a complete mess and the new play style is boring, doesnt matter how much i spend it wont change either of those two points. Worse still thanks to scaling, someone like me who would usually spend a couple of hundred £ a month, now wont spend anything as there is zero value or benefit in improving my enchants, pets etc as they will only get scaled down anyway. In my oppinion mod 16 will kill the revenue stream.
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 181 Arc User
    Thank you for mod 16. I really like it. I enjoy the Undermountain a lot. My favourite scene: the Alchemist who turns out as a Slaad. Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.