test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

remember the developer team did a overhaul with new lead designer i think it was. Plus they have a big project with the Waterdeep module the is rumored to be the next one out. (if waterdeep, then understand that WD was a huge city. Relative to NY city to a midwest city in difference) And they have plans several modules out. It may take some time to bring a new class in to being. Likely not gonna be Module 16 or 17 if it is an expansion of 16. And there is hope for all 3 popular class choices as found out by the poll done last year, which druid, bard and monk were the top requested.

They have not introduced a new class in almost the last ten mods. What was the excuses then? At my work if I gave excuses to my boss 10 ten times about something I could not do... do you think I would still have a job?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    That sort of assumes that the boss told you to do it... which isn't the case here.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • omega13#2190 omega13 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    (Kitty) Bard, please! =)
  • outlaw6881#0933 outlaw6881 Member Posts: 3 New User
    > @zebular said:
    > Welcome to the New Class(es) Feedback Thread!
    >
    >
    >
    > Which one of the following Classes would you like to see next in Neverwinter the most?
    >
    > The choices presented to you are:
    > Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk, and Sorcerer. If you wish, you may select "Something else.." and let us know!
    >
    > i played everquest for 12 years a beastlord was cool u had a pet and u did great dps bards where ok now a shadowknight is like a pally but uses dark powers instead like when he would cast a spell or attack that would heal u stuff like that a berzerker was cool to insane dps druids on everquest was ok in the old days but when new expansions came out u never hardly seen them played nomore id say something like a necromancer or shadowknight or beastlord some kind of class with a pet that does great damage to

>
    > As much in the D&D Universe has and is changing, and we now have 5th edition and the Forgotten Realms being the core of the D&D Universe, the poll options have been updated to reflect current core source material for D&D Next, a.k.a. "5th Edition."
    >
    > The following are 5th edition classes that do not yet exist as player classes in Neverwinter but do exist as core playable classes in 5th edition source material. While this list is not necessarily a complete list, it holds true to the core classes that hold the most likelihood to be seen translated into Neverwinter. If your most desired class isn't on this list, please choose one from this list that you'd like to see the most or select "Something else.." and then let us know your other class wish in the comments below.
    >
    > This thread and "The "New Race(es)" Feedback Thread" are each respectively recreated when a new Race or Class is added to the game. Creating additional threads on New Classes and Races will summarily be closed. Please use these threads to discuss and purvey your feedback on New Classes and Races not yet in the game.
    >
    > Disclaimer: This is by no means meant to be any sort of confirmation or sign for what is in store next for Neverwinter. Furthermore, this poll isn't on classical classes, it is based off of 5th Edition core rules. I was specifically asked to stick with 5th edition in this and the race poll as Wizards of the Coast (and notable authors) have been taking a more hands-on role with Neverwinter.
    >
    > Choose wisely. Now discuss your choice here, should you so choose.
    i played everquest for 12 years id say a necromancer more use of pet bards where ok i guess now a shadowknight was cool like a pally but from the darkside they where tough a berzerker was awesome dps a beastlord was insane dps with pet that was nice bards didnt work out to good in the end
    > @"outlaw6881#0933" said:
    > i played everquest for 12 years id say a necromancer more use of pet bards where ok i guess now a shadowknight was cool like a pally but from the darkside they where tough a berzerker was awesome dps a beastlord was insane dps with pet that was nice bards didnt work out to good in the end
    >

and druids they was good early one but once new expansions started coming out druids in bards wasnt so great as for me id like to see a shadowknight or berzerker or beastlord
    The problem with a Druid is the CW and HR kinda took some of the powers like call lighting, storm, and thorns and such. I guess they can summon common animals or insects or turn into a bear or something but... why? These are not high DPS, buffing is being nerfed, and control is dead. Same with a Bard, what exactly are you expecting from it? They are a jack of all trades but a master of none, which translate into they suck at everything. In a role playing game, they make sense with a lot of hooks for RPGing but in a action game?

Frankly I would like to see a REAL wizard that cases fireball, polymorph self and other, charm person, chain lighting, cloud kill, summon monster, etc. And get rid of that freaking "orb", let them carry staffs and wands, etc.

I would like to see a necromancer. I think Path of Exile does this class, for a action RPG, pretty well in that they have a horde of undead, can summon and raise dead monsters to fight, cast flaming skulls, etc.

I mean I want something DIFFERENT! Something that people will want in a party queue. Something that is fun to play for hundreds of hours.

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    The good news is that we are getting a Barbarian, even if it is just a renaming of the GWF.

I won't pretend to care that much, but my hope is that the higher-level armors at least will have a more "barbaric" appearance but that they keep at least one or two more "civilized" looks around for those that want to maintain more of the GWF image.

That is the direction that I wished that they had gone from the start.

But moreover, I think that Mod16 will make new classes more likely. A lot of the reported reason for the hold-up was that they were trying to balance the other classes first.

Now that they have come to the conclusion that first and foremost it was the game itself that was out of balance and they are working on fixing those issues, the existing classes should all achieve some semblance of balance and that means that new classes should be easier to make and balance with what already exists.
    I've never seen a dev state that they were waiting until all the classes were balanced. Players keep saying that but never actual quotes. Maybe it was something said after mod 6? The dev team is different now and all I they've said recently is that they weren't working on a new class but might in the future.
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    It's on reddit from a Neverwinter Dev
    link?
    pitshade said:

I've never seen a dev state that they were waiting until all the classes were balanced. Players keep saying that but never actual quotes. Maybe it was something said after mod 6? The dev team is different now and all I they've said recently is that they weren't working on a new class but might in the future.

I think it was also mentioned with the second to the last Driftwood Tavern. That they did not want to intro a new class until they got all the rework for the current classes done. I might be wrong on that but I remember hearing it somewhere.
  • jadebleurose#3318 jadebleurose Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    zebular said:

Welcome to the New Class(es) Feedback Thread!

8G2d4gG.gif

Which one of the following Classes would you like to see next in Neverwinter the most?

The choices presented to you are:

Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk, and Sorcerer. If you wish, you may select "Something else.." and let us know!

8G2d4gG.gif

As much in the D&D Universe has and is changing, and we now have 5th edition and the Forgotten Realms being the core of the D&D Universe, the poll options have been updated to reflect current core source material for D&D Next, a.k.a. "5th Edition."

The following are 5th edition classes that do not yet exist as player classes in Neverwinter but do exist as core playable classes in 5th edition source material. While this list is not necessarily a complete list, it holds true to the core classes that hold the most likelihood to be seen translated into Neverwinter. If your most desired class isn't on this list, please choose one from this list that you'd like to see the most or select "Something else.." and then let us know your other class wish in the comments below.

This thread and "The "New Race(es)" Feedback Thread" are each respectively recreated when a new Race or Class is added to the game. Creating additional threads on New Classes and Races will summarily be closed. Please use these threads to discuss and purvey your feedback on New Classes and Races not yet in the game.

Disclaimer: This is by no means meant to be any sort of confirmation or sign for what is in store next for Neverwinter. Furthermore, this poll isn't on classical classes, it is based off of 5th Edition core rules. I was specifically asked to stick with 5th edition in this and the race poll as Wizards of the Coast (and notable authors) have been taking a more hands-on role with Neverwinter.

Choose wisely. Now discuss your choice here, should you so choose.

8G2d4gG.gif

I would really LOVE to play a Bladesinger! How cool would THAT be?

• nemagothnemagoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    BARDS
  • epicfenix43epicfenix43 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So, if Cripitc with module 16 is trying to get closer to the 5th edition as the names of the characters that match exactly as they are in the real PnP (it was time), in the normal D & d time of the 5th edition there are 12 classes in total plus 2 (which perhaps not only Arteficer and Blood hunter officers).

You can see yourself by following this link:

https://dndbeyond.com/classes

at the moment there are 8 classes in the game, so if Criptic should add new classes in total, 4 should be missing, Bard, Sorcerer, Druid and Monk.But according to me at the beginning of the module 16 module there are second mè of the indications that make guess that the next classes coming (hopefully) can be Sorcerer and Bard for my, However looking a little at the stat of the classes in the 5th edition they look a lot like I am now in Neverwinter with module 16 ... I don't know about you but I find this very interesting.

For me the next module or the one after that there could still be the release of these 2 classes first, especially for the Bard, which could reintroduce the Buff system into play because it's basic from what I know in the games based on D & d the bardo It has always been a character who buffing the group as well as doing damage is a very supportive character, with all his ballads and spells I see the Bard in Neverwinter as a character that can do damage but can buffer the party, and for this is what I believe that module 16 is only a part of a large yet larger project that will perhaps soon return the buff system with the bard.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    You have to and I mean HAVE to introduce 3 new Characters... A Priest, Rabbi and Monk... they can earn EXP points and bonus AD by blessing all the DEAD PLAYERS IN EVER AREA DUE TO GETTING ONE SHOT!! AND AND AND they can finally give the last rights to this game.
  • luciano#9913 luciano Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Neverwinter translation for Portuguese has to be updated she is not translating many things
  • luciano#9913 luciano Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm having to translate everything in the browser that's hard to understand
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    We're getting one before end of 2019. Well, that or a new race (vague statements

You have to and I mean HAVE to introduce 3 new Characters... A Priest, Rabbi and Monk... they can earn EXP points and bonus AD by blessing all the DEAD PLAYERS IN EVER AREA DUE TO GETTING ONE SHOT!! AND AND AND they can finally give the last rights to this game.

You can't start a joke like that and not finish!

A Priest, Rabbi and Monk.....what? Walk into a bar? A barber shop? A strip joint? Details! I want details!
  • siliconplayer#0816 siliconplayer Member Posts: 20 Arc User

So, if Cripitc with module 16 is trying to get closer to the 5th edition as the names of the characters that match exactly as they are in the real PnP (it was time), in the normal D & d time of the 5th edition there are 12 classes in total plus 2 (which perhaps not only Arteficer and Blood hunter officers).

You can see yourself by following this link:

https://dndbeyond.com/classes

at the moment there are 8 classes in the game, so if Criptic should add new classes in total, 4 should be missing, Bard, Sorcerer, Druid and Monk.But according to me at the beginning of the module 16 module there are second mè of the indications that make guess that the next classes coming (hopefully) can be Sorcerer and Bard for my, However looking a little at the stat of the classes in the 5th edition they look a lot like I am now in Neverwinter with module 16 ... I don't know about you but I find this very interesting.

For me the next module or the one after that there could still be the release of these 2 classes first, especially for the Bard, which could reintroduce the Buff system into play because it's basic from what I know in the games based on D & d the bardo It has always been a character who buffing the group as well as doing damage is a very supportive character, with all his ballads and spells I see the Bard in Neverwinter as a character that can do damage but can buffer the party, and for this is what I believe that module 16 is only a part of a large yet larger project that will perhaps soon return the buff system with the bard.

The class name changes don't have anything to do with 5e. 4e classes are Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard. The old NW class names like "Devoted Cleric" and "Scourge Warlock" come from 4e's suggested "build options". The game isn't being moved toward 5e. It's still "at-will", "encounter", and "daily" powers with names taken from 4e. It's fair to say that they're moving a little closer to 4e with these changes, but really I don't think they care whether they're closer to D&D at all, let alone a particular rule set.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    A druid or shaman would be nice. Shape shifting or summoning small critters to distract foes. Some good nature based caster goodness. Not holding my breath.

I am guessing bard or monk is next.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    since Mod 16 changed everything if they add druids months ago, they would had 3 archtypes, nature force, summoner and shapeshifter, as for Mod 16.
    we get Summoners and Shapeshifters instead, Summoners for healing and Shapeshifters for dps.
    wylonus said:

since Mod 16 changed everything if they add druids months ago, they would had 3 archtypes, nature force, summoner and shapeshifter, as for Mod 16.
    we get Summoners and Shapeshifters instead, Summoners for healing and Shapeshifters for dps.

yeah, would have dug Druids under the old paradigm, it would have been super interesting. Mod16 less so. I very much veiw mod16 as a lesser system, and a lesser product.
    Lets go nuts.

Wild Magic Sorcerer.
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Just wondering, how would a Bard be in combat? I'm sure their songs would be designed for buffing the party, but how would it be fun in solo-play? Would they shoot sonic attacks in the form of musical notes or treat their guitars like mallets in melee?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    as for the bards. 2 archtypes.
    Bladesingers (dps, buff, and minor heals) possible as dual wielding, use better armors.

Troubadours. (speed buff, heals, and debuff) as rouge, master thief, pick any locks/kits, cant use any heavy armors. used 1 long sword and off-hand for dagger.

go ahead what your thoughts on archtypes for Bards? those i posted are just rough idea.
  • halfredo#5859 halfredo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Summoner please :)