• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    eolee said:

TONG: Souls clearly have too much HP in Ras Nsi fight
    KR: was fine
    ecc: was fine
    etos: was fine
    ndemo: was fine
    egwd: was fine
    MC: i find the formorian giants hitting harder than the bosses themselves. The dragon himself at the end hit me for like 25k only. But those formorian dudes, omg?

MSP: Kabal bugged, he's still immune after we break the ball on him.
    FBI: quite enjoyable
    CR: never passed the sisters, either the tank was one shot for billions or the red cristal has too much HP anyway just like souls in tong
    throne: unplayable

YOU know that you dont hit with 100% efffectiveness because your penetration is too low with the scaling?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

eolee said:

MC: i find the formorian giants hitting harder than the bosses themselves. The dragon himself at the end hit me for like 25k only. But those formorian dudes, omg?

CR: never passed the sisters, either the tank was one shot for billions or the red cristal has too much HP anyway just like souls in tong

YOU know that you dont hit with 100% efffectiveness because your penetration is too low with the scaling?
    from my testing 107,000 armor penetration at level 80, scales to 58,000 in level 70 content and is enough to not be mitigated.
    51,000 was not enough.....so the actual value is somewhere inbetween. (56k-58k?)
    AND IS it normal or bug?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

eolee said:

from my testing 107,000 armor penetration at level 80, scales to 58,000 in level 70 content and is enough to not be mitigated.
    51,000 was not enough.....so the actual value is somewhere inbetween. (56k-58k?)
    AND IS it normal or bug?
    Looks about right, assuming their iL is around 20.3k and they are in dread ring (scales you to 11k iL). The target for Armor Penetration is 57,000 for level 70 content (dungeons show 7k ratings +50k since armor penetration is among the higher tier of stats).
  • davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Its not a dungeon but... DR in well of dragons is not possible anymore, that is extremely depressing, Do you guys know that there is a daily on stronghold to do DR?
  • tichoslicer#4968 tichoslicer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Wyllowwood, "Claws of Malar'... This quest sucks and is very, very hard...
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Just ran my first regular demogorgon, post mod 16. This is supposed to have been fixed???? I'd hate to see what it was like before they fixed it. The difficulty IMO was significantly higher than edemo in mod 15. I had 3 deaths in this run, vs zero on all my runs prior to mod 16.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

Just ran my first regular demogorgon, post mod 16. This is supposed to have been fixed???? I'd hate to see what it was like before they fixed it. The difficulty IMO was significantly higher than edemo in mod 15. I had 3 deaths in this run, vs zero on all my runs prior to mod 16.

Oh. That's easy. Before the 'fix' it was "Watch the 23k gear score paladin raise his guard and get one-shotted by the first trash-mob."
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Tiamat still isn't working right. The Legion Devil's and Erinyes's are doing too much damage in the fight.

Look over these numbers below:
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Erinyes gives 0 (587547) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Flitting Blade.
    [Combat (Other)] Legion Devil deals 121892 (241227) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Legion Devil deals 60946 (241227) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Erinyes deals 223867 (316659) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Devestating Opportunist.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Redacted Player Name deals 21 (26) Fire Damage to Legion Devil with Plague Fire Weapon.
    [Combat (Other)] Redacted Player Name deals 197 (216) Physical Damage to Legion Devil with Blade Storm
    [Combat (Other)] Redacted Player Name deals 1948 (2138) Physical Damage to Erinyes with Clear the Ground.
    [Combat (Other)] Redacted Player Name deals 3283 (10308) Projectile Damage to Legion Devil with Aimed Shot.
    [Combat (Other)] Redacted Player Name gives 15892 (15672) Hit Points to Redacted Player Name with Healing Word.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Erinyes deals 295624 (587547) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Flitting Blade.
    [Combat (Other)] Legion Devil deals 353109 (419973) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Erinyes deals 191499 (380601) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Devestating Opportunist.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Barkshield Armor absorbs 50012 (28000) damage from Erinyes's Flitting Blade.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Erinyes deals 273683 (538851) Physical Damage to you with Flitting Blade.
    [Combat (Other)] Erinyes deals 81980 (308662) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Devestating Opportunist.
    [Combat (Other)] Redacted Player Name shield absorbs 29904 damage from Erinyes's Devestating Opportunist.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Erinyes deals 146316 (304421) Physical Damage to Redacted Player Name with Devestating Opportunist.

At the end you can even see where a tank is getting killed and the damage numbers done to them. You can see where my 22k barbie dps build character is 2 shot from a Erinyes with 47k defense in fight due to scaling (around 80k normally).
    When mobs do 150,000 to 300,000+ damage to players in one hit but heals are in the less than 20,000 relm how do you expect players to beat this area? If you get aggro from more than 1 of these monsters your dead because they teleport to you and do their attacks. You usually can't even run away or kite them around. The damage in here needs to be trimmed from these two monsters to be able to allow players to finish this event. Can't even get to the boss part of the fight to see if we can beat them.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited April 2019

This is not in a dungeon exactly but at level 80 in ice wind dale zones. I checked out my Vorpal enchantment which is rank 14, and was pleased to discover that the enchantment that normally adds 50% to crit severity was only reduced by a very minor amount, yup it gives a whopping 7%.... which is less that half what the lowest I could find on AH (rank 7 which gives 15%) So yeah seriously? If this is the working as intended all I can say is simply amazing!

Edit, just for fun I checked out was it the current Hardest dungeon in the game. and that max rank vorpal is scaled to 7.7% which is still basically half as effective as the lowest rank of vorpal normally gives.... so bravo! side note max rank bondings go from 70% down to 24% as well....

they are scaling everything based on item level equipped gear/enchantments/runestones/insignias/mounts stats bonus and not base on character base ratings this is killing any way of progression, im at level 80 not full best gear and i reached all offensive caps(except ca to much stats for the 100%), armpen, accuracy, critstrike(to reach 50%) on a scaled down to lvl 79 my armpen gets cutted to 32+ from my 66k this is making me give up on upgrading anything and simply farm best gear to wear for my class/companion, another curiosity about failed scaling system, my tr didnt do campaigns since skt, so without skt, chult, omu, ravenloft and AI boons, my tr with 1 blue companion con artist and with wong fighter bolser values(yes @mimicking#6533 the fighter bolser is doing maths wrongs please check it out) 1xr15 bond rune 2xr14 bond rune, r11/12/13 assassin enchantments at level 80 all is ok to kill on that area but once i step on kultoa area for the heroic i get ones hoted easily my hp seems to be scaled down aswell wtheck, what kind of stupid idea was that you guys thought, were is the challenge when we are dead eitther from lag or rubberbanding, plus they added some tornados wtheck these are to be farmed so we can use crystal on expedition but the drops are so low in those heroics because we are being blown away from stupid effect on those heroics, bad developping ideas is behind these, either remove the scalling down on he or remove those tornados/rainstorm/etc. its to stupid to put those together, all classes play different and not all the time we have healers doing those @mimicking#6533 please stop doing more that you were asked for when we asked for challenge either cap those heroics on lvl 80 and warn outsider of the heroic that its a level 80 challenge.

• arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Scaling think was good only if was an option avaible for have extra reward and if work proprely.in this state we are forced to play bad really bad. Hope in a fix soon
  • kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    When this hits console, the game is dead.
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Thats true when this HAMSTER hist the console they will loos a lot of players. But i am wondering why eanyone should spend a dime ot that game anymore the devs has shown us that every thing they bring out is to nerf already paid things.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • yoshiyahu#6997 yoshiyahu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I have tried Random (all 3) everyday since Mod 16 came out - I have yet to beat a single random queue (mostly due to Tiamat). Its gotten so bad that I have to wait 20 minutes for a queue then everyone leaves as soon as we try the mobs on Tiamat then you just stop trying to get a random and really don't feel like doing anymore dungeons so logoff. Now, maybe I just am not that good at this MMO. I've been playing MMOs since we called them MUDs but I'm far from the best so could certainly be that.

Except, I find I do well in all the lvl80 content including Master's Expeditions & the Undermountain campaign itself and based on the lead designer's notes this means I should be fine on old content, to wit:
    "This does mean that players who are put in lower difficulty dungeons will find more challenge than in the past, but that challenge will still be less than an endgame dungeon would be." (Developer's blog, item level & Scaling, Feb 19th)

I am one of those who actually likes many of the changes mod16 brought & doesn't mind dungeons being harder (was actually glad to hear Tiamat was harder until I found out that meant impossible - you cannot have everyone dying in one hit from mob enemies).

However, it gets to a point where you cannot finish the few quests one has left in the old content (like getting the boons from Ravenloft), getting rAD is no fun and takes forever so you get stuck not being able to finish refining, & some players (esp. alts) are completely stuck because they don't have enough boons for new content and can no longer survive in old content to earn the boons needed for the new content - and then complain about the difficulty of Undermountain campaign even though its the only thing they can survive in at all.

Fix the scaling or remove the broken dungeons from random queues at least - or many players are going to find they are just bored doing their few quests a day, being stuck on content with no responses from devs, and just start looking at other games.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2019

eolee said:

Of course i know I capped my stats for 70 not for 80. Whats the point of capping stats for 80 content when there's none? im overcapped at 80 but whatever.
    Thank you for the reminder though :)))))))))))