test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official M16: Ranger

Comments

• Options
    skaarl75skaarl75 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Barbie seems to be advertising for that game as they are posting it in other forums as well.
  • Options
    nermaleyenermaleye Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    the biggest bug I saw was that there is no thorn ward it is gone. plus you can not put command shot & aimed shot together. The powers need more work before release.
    I love to play MMO's & 1st person shooters. An when I am not playing I rebuild & trouble shoot computers.
  • Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

BUG: Ambush is broken: it deals bonus damage on at-wills but not on encounters
    1. cast ambush and fire rapid shot:
    [23:51] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Rapid Shot deals 14199 (12347) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [23:51] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Ambush deals 50412 (43836) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    2. now cast Ambush and Longstrider Shot
    [0:04] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Longstrider's Shot deals 192650 (175136) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Hmm that's weird. I tested it on longstrider and it did work. Those encounter that doesn't work are listed in my post above. I'll double check and add it to my list if it didn't. Thanks for testing.

Edit : Hi, I have tested it and longstrider did proc ambush damage. Maybe u want to double check that again. If u would be so kind, could u help me double check my list too? Its just a few post above yours. Thanks.
    Please, share a screen with combat log which has 2 sequent rows:
    1. Longstriger hit
    2. Ambush proc

ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ambush is a weird power, I and wdj40 tested it a lot earlier on in this mod for my pvp build, sometimes it adds it's damage directly into whatever number your subsequent attack produces, and sometimes it only procs if you leave a second or two before firing off your next attack.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jonkoca said:

Ambush is a weird power, I and wdj40 tested it a lot earlier on in this mod for my pvp build, sometimes it adds it's damage directly into whatever number your subsequent attack produces, and sometimes it only procs if you leave a second or two before firing off your next attack.

Exactly. :-)
    Power is buggy.
    It was never ok, from my PoV.
    Melee counterpart is awful as well.
    I have no idea why that power was not removed/reworked, tbh.
    Probably, the matter of time.
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    nermaleye said:

the biggest bug I saw was that there is no thorn ward it is gone.

1. It's not necessarily a bug if something is gone
    2. Check Warden paragon path carefully - which encounter power unlocks when you level up?:-)
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    userutf8 said:

kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

[23:51] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Rapid Shot deals 14199 (12347) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [23:51] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Ambush deals 50412 (43836) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [0:04] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Longstrider's Shot deals 192650 (175136) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Hmm that's weird. I tested it on longstrider and it did work. Those encounter that doesn't work are listed in my post above. I'll double check and add it to my list if it didn't. Thanks for testing.

Edit : Hi, I have tested it and longstrider did proc ambush damage. Maybe u want to double check that again. If u would be so kind, could u help me double check my list too? Its just a few post above yours. Thanks.
    1. Longstriger hit
    2. Ambush proc

Ok, I found what's causing it. If u crit with long strider, ambush damage does not appear. I don't know if its added into longstrider damage or it does not proc. screenshot also show same thing happen to rapid shot but not aimed shot. So for aimed shot its a genuine bug.

Also something is wrong with my at-will. They do damage more than my encounter by a lot. Aimed shot suppose to have 100magnitude but it does like 1.7mil on crit and 800k + on normal dmg. Longstrider with higher magnitude does like only 100k on crit and 50k on normal. What is going on?

Damm this is not suppose to be a job!
    Post edited by kangkeok on
  • Options
    Anyone know what death reaper buff does and where it come from? After messing with my companion & boons, my at-will damage went crazy. I hit mob around 100k no crit with my rapid shot while my hawks hot only does 18k. The only buff I saw active are bolster spirit from barkshield and death reaper from somewhere I do not know. This totally breaks my game.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I'm going to call this feedback, but it could be a bug.

Anyway, the text for the power "Commanding Shot" includes the following:

Added Effect: Increases the Incoming Damage to the Target by 5%

But it also contains the following:

Added Effect: Decreases the Outgoing Damage to the Target by 5%

That makes no sense. The way it reads it both increases the damage to the target and reduces the damage that you deal to the target by 5%. In other words, it does nothing.

If the target deals less damage then the second added effect should read "... from the target..."
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

I'm going to call this feedback, but it could be a bug.

Anyway, the text for the power "Commanding Shot" includes the following:

Added Effect: Increases the Incoming Damage to the Target by 5%

But it also contains the following:

Added Effect: Decreases the Outgoing Damage to the Target by 5%

That makes no sense. The way it reads it both increases the damage to the target and reduces the damage that you deal to the target by 5%. In other words, it does nothing.

If the target deals less damage then the second added effect should read "... from the target..."

I agree that's in not crystal clear.

Both effects are added to the target : increase incoming damage and decrease outgoing damage. So, they take more damage and deal less.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Both effects are added to the target : increase incoming damage and decrease outgoing damage. So, they take more damage and deal less.

Ah, and suddenly it's clear.

I am applying to the target a 5% increase to damage they take and a 5% decrease to the damage they deal.

It's saying what it should say, it's just saying it in a strange way.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

artifleur said:

Ah, and suddenly it's clear.

I am applying to the target a 5% increase to damage they take and a 5% decrease to the damage they deal.

It's saying what it should say, it's just saying it in a strange way.
    We find ourselves having to rely on people to code things correctly in an artificial language when they are unable to express in their native language what that code is meant to accomplish. Doesn't mod 16 just look brighter and brighter?
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

1. Longstriger hit
    2. Ambush proc

Ok, I found what's causing it. If u crit with long strider, ambush damage does not appear. I don't know if its added into longstrider damage or it does not proc. screenshot also show same thing happen to rapid shot but not aimed shot. So for aimed shot its a genuine bug.

Also something is wrong with my at-will. They do damage more than my encounter by a lot. Aimed shot suppose to have 100magnitude but it does like 1.7mil on crit and 800k + on normal dmg. Longstrider with higher magnitude does like only 100k on crit and 50k on normal. What is going on?

The atwill dmg is probably because you have "hunting drake" pet buff active is comming from hunting hawk and is badly bugged atm...
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I leveled my HR a little more last night and I saw to my surprise that Thorn Ward was the final power to get for Warden. The first thing I said was, "thank God!". So thank you for that -- now I'm only missing Disruptive Shot from my rotation, but I can live with that.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rafaelda said:

kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

1. Longstriger hit
    2. Ambush proc

The atwill dmg is probably because you have "hunting drake" pet buff active is comming from hunting hawk and is badly bugged atm...
    Thanks! Hope this got highlighted. It almost made me giving up playing on preview.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    kangkeok said:

Ok, I found what's causing it. If u crit with long strider, ambush damage does not appear.

Which means it's bugged with longstrider, right?;-)
    Good finding, btw
    kangkeok said:

I don't know if its added into longstrider damage or it does not proc.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not added.

And one more thing: I actually asked if you can make 2 sequent combat log rows.
    But you have barkshield proc inbetween.
    If you check my post, you will see that Ambush followed by Split strike procs more damage that the split strike itself. (3x more damage!)
    On your screen it procs less (roughly 3.5x less) damage than Longstrider tho.
    Which may mean, for example, that it takes barkshield damage for calculation...

Post edited by userutf8 on
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Thanks for the "Hunting Drake" bugs headsup @rafaelda & @kangkeok.

I did a quick test romp at Well of Dragons with Ranger Hunter path.

The initial impression is that there's no reason to equip Aimed Shot over Rapid Shot.

Due to the nature of mob distribution and control spam it's much more beneficial to Rapid Shot and avoid getting hit than
    risk being sitting duck with Aimed Shot with no discernable advantage on the latter. Getting controlled usually mean getting jumped by multiple mobs. With no lifesteal stacking and with self-heal daily gone, control avoidance and damage avoidance is priority.

I'll test Ranger Warden and get access to Split the Sky next time. As per my initial thoughts, it could be good to have dual loadouts at the very least.

Mod16 is going to be loadout intensive. I got so much loadouts on my main but I never use them. It's much quicker to switch with the classic drag and drop in pretty much any situation. With the split out powers, it's not doable anymore.

Way back when loadouts was released I used to run Dragon Run alot. Should I run to the back to the camp and change loadout for just manually do it on the fly? There's no reason to go for a minute and half when you can switch within 10-15 seconds.

With that in mind, the developers should consider allowing loadout switch without campfires. Just add, say a 5 minute to 10 minute cooldown (if not using campfires). Players can still switch at campfires at any time but the sans-campfire ability has a separate cooldown.
  • Options
    urbaniii#5367 urbaniii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    u went the wrong way with hr. very very very sad. the tooltips are wrong, lots of bugs. it feels slow as hell. the power and feat page ansd boon are kiddy stuff. dont know what you are doing but when it comes to hr you are ruining it. explain to me why you put deft strikes and swiftness of the fox in warden path. that should be on the hunter one which focu son stance switching. warden focus on melee.and so on so on
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator

u went the wrong way with hr. very very very sad. the tooltips are wrong, lots of bugs. it feels slow as hell. the power and feat page ansd boon are kiddy stuff. dont know what you are doing but when it comes to hr you are ruining it. explain to me why you put deft strikes and swiftness of the fox in warden path. that should be on the hunter one which focu son stance switching. warden focus on melee.and so on so on

Swiftness of the Fox is a mainstay for melee. The melee attack is amazing burst damage and procs a number of combat mechanics.

Also melee doesn't ignore the ranged mechanics. The easiest way to keep enemies in rain of arrows is to stand in the middle of them so a number of the ranged attacks are huge sources of damage for "melee" rangers.
  • Options
    urbaniii#5367 urbaniii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @ambisinisterr hr rework sucks man. imo it would make more sense if it was in the hunter one, which focus more on stance switching. warden is melee based, hunter is mixed. but whatever man hr is in a sad place right now. no combat hr uses rain of arrows lol. is it viable now???
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Warden isn't meelee based at all. It's as mixed as it ever was. You can't be an HR and not use both stances. To be honest, my rotation is identical to the one I have on live, and on live i'm specced Archer.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    skuallpwskuallpw Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    to be fair HR is forced to melee no matter what , u cant be an archer fulltime , however i think melee stance should give archer , traps , evades , roots

the main problem is at wills , the ranged atwills sucks badly , aimed shot dmg is subpar , not worth it , and it sould be the best ranged attack bar none (hast a casted time and u cant move , a control attack and u are done....) risk - Reward.

no more selfhealing daily , no life steal , HR needs something to survive. We dont have block (all the tanks) , nor stealth (TR) , we facetank everything
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    userutf8 said:

kangkeok said:

Ok, I found what's causing it. If u crit with long strider, ambush damage does not appear.

Which means it's bugged with longstrider, right?;-)
    Good finding, btw
    kangkeok said:

I don't know if its added into longstrider damage or it does not proc.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not added.

And one more thing: I actually asked if you can make 2 sequent combat log rows.
    But you have barkshield proc inbetween.
    If you check my post, you will see that Ambush followed by Split strike procs more damage that the split strike itself. (3x more damage!)
    On your screen it procs less (roughly 3.5x less) damage than Longstrider tho.
    Which may mean, for example, that it takes barkshield damage for calculation...

I have tested ambush yet another time. However this time everything is in order

Ambush damage appear on all longstrider and rapid shot damage ( crt or no crit ) but it still doesn't appear on aimed shot and split shot damage. I don't know what happen between the test. Maybe my bronzewood weapon enchantment is messing with it? lag? I don't know. I leave that to the dev. Although I m sure that ambush doesn't proc with aimed shot and splits hot. Hope the dev fix this and further test on my previous list.

Regarding the ambush damage, I pretty sure ambush is an independent damage. It has a 140 magnitude if I m not wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    kangkeok said:

Ambush damage appear on all longstrider and rapid shot damage ( crt or no crit ) but it still doesn't appear on aimed shot and split shot damage. I don't know what happen between the test. Maybe my bronzewood weapon enchantment is messing with it? lag? I don't know. I leave that to the dev. Although I m sure that ambush doesn't proc with aimed shot and splits hot. Hope the dev fix this and further test on my previous list.

Regarding the ambush damage, I pretty sure ambush is an independent damage. It has a 140 magnitude if I m not wrong.

Yepp, looks like you are right - from the log it becomes obvious that Ambush damage proc is independent on other damaging power with only exclusion that Ambush crits when power that proccing it crits (is that intended or a BUG?).

However, if you try with "Hunting Drake's presence", you will see that your ambush procs for 4.5m.
    That means there's some dependency between Ambush damage and proccing power damage. Which also looks not WAI (code defect).

Great job, btw!

Post edited by userutf8 on
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    waywardchampionwaywardchampion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Feedback

The movement and powers of the ranger class ( actually ALL the classes that I have tried ) doesn't "Feel Right".

The induction times are making movement in combat feel jerky and erratic, it seems even worse than a lagging IP connection. Combat should feel smooth, fluid and unrestrained.

We should also be able to break off from an attack and move away from incoming mobs or AOE's without restraint, sacrificing only the time we had already spent on our aborted attack.

It seems to me that this induction time on powers scheme was tried here a few years ago and that there were so many complaints about the perceived "Lag" that the induction times were eventually reduced or eliminated. Please, lets get this fixed before it goes to live/
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Warden Feat "Storm's Recovery" multiprocs on enemies hit, like the sotf bug from before mod 15. Kindly fix this now if this is not WAI. We dont want to get used to a feat that would be changed after we get used to it.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Warden Feat "Storm's Recovery" multiprocs on enemies hit, like the sotf bug from before mod 15. Kindly fix this now if this is not WAI. We dont want to get used to a feat that would be changed after we get used to it.

I don't think it's a bug but we definitely need a dev to come here and tell us if it's WAI.

Is any dev responsible for the ranger? Or anyone reading this thread at all? We had a grand total of one dev post in 4 pages.

Melee damage was fixed, that's great! But there's still a lot to be done.
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

Bug: No daily other than Forest Ghost(or possibly Stormcaller, didn't get to 75 tonight) deals damage while in melee stance, nor do any ranged powers with ongoing effects (like Rain of Arrows) They inflict hits, the hits just do zero damage each.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    So, how's the new shiny ranger comparing with the other dps classes..? If anyone has multiple toons of different classes.

And how's careful attack..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    artifleur said:

I don't think it's a bug but we definitely need a dev to come here and tell us if it's WAI.

Is any dev responsible for the ranger? Or anyone reading this thread at all? We had a grand total of one dev post in 4 pages.

Melee damage was fixed, that's great! But there's still a lot to be done.
    It's @noworries#8859 Doubtful he'll bother though. Communicating doesn't seem to be his thing. I would like to assume that means he is busy changing things.