test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Scourge Warlock Class Changes

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @nabu#4746 said:
    > @lorun2009 ...I have never seen a post beyond mod 10 looking for a warlock to fulfill a “Hdps” position...
    >

I will say that I once accepted an invitation from a random player who had been looking for “HDPS SW” for CR. I normally decline invitations from players I don’t know, but I was so shocked that I had to know what the deal was.

The run was fine, but I never did find out exactly why they had insisted on SW, especially when I turned out to be the only DPS-capable character in the party. I don’t think I’ve seen HDPS SW ads before or since.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    We can't fill the HDPS spot, you as warlock are expected to play as buffer/healer. It's almost offensive to be worst dps than a tank class. My warlock is almost 16k and i run as templock to buff classes worst geared than me, because it's the "balance" for the devs. I see 18k Sw trying to get a run as dps and failing, they need to run as templock to be part of end game dungeons, it's disgusting.
    Playing as warlock or any other non-gwf-gf class haven't sense in this game, they made all for them for years and they always nerfs a class when can compete with gwf as main dps class. They made Tenser's disk (with a buff for CON-STR-DEX (GWF's main ability scores) Orcus set (CON-STR) they proc a lot of buffs better than SW, for mod 14 they have Prominence weapon enchantment (that only works great on GWF) I play a GWF i'm not saying that they need a nerf, but it's not fair that other dps classes are always getting a brutal nerf, a bad called "balance" that turn the class into nothing for end game parties. I play as main character my warlock i don't want to play as support, it's good to have an alternative but there's no choice when nobody wants your class as damage dealer, nevermind your item level or playstyle, i'm lucky to run some end game dungeons as support, but never as dps, because other classes can do it a lot better than warlocks.
  • wildandcrazygalwildandcrazygal Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2018
    I am currently consisently topping the dps leader board in dungeons, often against other dps classes with higher item levels with my rotation in which killing flames was the finishing move. So I'm actually concerned that this boost to initial damage and nerf to hit point based damage will make the power much less viable for me. It says in the main article on mod 15's upcoming changes that this was done to appease people who complained that the initial damage to high hit point targets wasn't good enough. My question is why were people using killing flames on high health targets? If your rotation was set up to utilize killing flames as a finishing move which in my opinion it seems it was designed to be. You should be using it to finish after your first two encounters, daily and curse(s) dropped the target below the 25% hit points and finished it off with the bonus damage. By the time everything procced I was doing insane damage this way and killed everything other than bosses in one rotation. In my personal opinion I often didn't even switch it out during boss fights because in a party you're not the only dps. You just bide your time while your other party members whittle the boss down and when it's finally under 25% you shine with huge hits. I see many others who've posted ahead of me disagree with me but personally this power and my rotation works beautifully for me and I for one am apprehensive about the change.
    Post edited by wildandcrazygal on
    edited September 2018

I was consisently topping the dps leader board in dungeons, often against other dps classes with higher item levels with my rotation in which killing flames was the finishing move. So I'm actually concerned that this boost to initial damage and nerf to hit point based damage will make the power much less viable. It says in the main article on mod 15's upcoming changes that this was done to appease people who complained that the initial damage to high hit point targets wasn't good enough. My question is why were people using killing flames on high health targets? If your rotation was set up properly you should be using it to finish after your first two encounters, daily and curse(s) dropped the target below the 25% hit points and finished it off with the bonus damage. So in my opinion it seems like this change will benefit people who weren't using killing flames properly and penalize those who were. I don't think the devs consider sometimes that complaints aren't automatically legitimate. Sometimes it's the player's ineffective utilization of the power and not the power itself that's the problem.

The complaint about KF's damage to higher health targets isn't because of people not understanding how the power works nearly as much as it is about people not wanting the power to be unnecessarily weak against those targets.

Also, we aren't really talking about rotations on trash mobs, here. KF doesn't belong in an AoE rotation, so it's not quite as simple as players not using their first two encounters to bring a target low before casting KF as a finisher; it's more that it doesn't make sense for KF to have such a wide variance in damage where it's somewhat bad against a higher HP target and extremely powerful against one that is nearly dead, which makes for annoying interactions in epic boss fights.

Finally, I would not use public DPS leaderboards to draw any conclusions about game balance. Many, many players are so "casual" that they don't even make it as far as reading these forums, much less trying to put together advantageous builds and rotations.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    *deleted
    waiting for a fair dialogue and feedback on companies side to solve open issues, until then no more support from my side.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited October 2018
    *deleted
    waiting for a fair dialogue and feedback on companies side to solve open issues, until then no more support from my side.
  • tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    The tool tip on the preview states that soul scorch is fire based damage.
    bellkazi said:

Shield warriors Wrath a 20% dps Buff

40%
    shield-warriors-wrath-bug
    They can't fix it but they have time to nerf TR. It's so annoying.
    edited October 2018
    *deleted
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

I am currently consisently topping the dps leader board in dungeons, often against other dps classes with higher item levels with my rotation in which killing flames was the finishing move.

So can a lot of us, but that isn't the issue. In pug groups and random dungeons that isn't that hard if you can time KF with buffs. But just because you top DPS a CN doesn't mean you will get invited to CR as main DPS.

My question is why were people using killing flames on high health targets?

We aren't, and this is the point. Within seconds a GWF is able to use IBS and hit insanely high numbers, a GF within seconds is able to hit a boss, after his insane self buffs, for even more insane damage with Griffons Wrath. I don't know much about CWs and TRs, I don't play them. But, SWs can not do that. We have to wait until the boss is nearly dead before we get those high numbers. And to be fair, my KF will usually be the hardest hitting attack on a boss, but when I look at the logs, there's my KF at the top but the next 7 down are IBS or disintegrate or Griffons, etc. That's the point being made about Killing Flames.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    edited October 2018
    *deleted
  • espasbadfistespasbadfist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    I could only support the points that @schietindebux made.

On top of that comes that certain things don't seem to work for warlocks as they do for GWF like the damage boost from certain weapon enchantments or interaction with AoC from paladins. It is annyoing seeing anytime a GWF doing more damage from prominence enchantment than my SW does with the first hit (or even later ones) of Killing Flames. There are situations where my hardest hitting ecounter deals less damage than his at-will. I think this is really ridicoulus.

After all i don't think that the SW is weak by itself - i still enjoy playing it and i am looking gladly to the changes that are up to come. But in comparison with the other top-dps the SW IS too weak or the others are too strong.

I still think that it would be best for the game as a whole to bring down the damage from those stupidly overpowered classes to the level of the SW but i fear that this could not be done because of economical reasons. I have no evidence but just the feeling that the pay-to-win people do not really bother about playing a warlock.

Now as the soul puppet can crit i recommend that Murderous Flames should be able to crit (again?) too. Even if i had been wrong with that feeling that it does not really add to damage (thx for the statements to this) it still feels like more of a Murderous Joke. I think it was able to crit in the past (really not sure because that must be mod 5 or before where i just started the game) the only reason i could think of to nerf it was probably the interaction and damage looping with the old Tyrannical Threat on 3 targets. As i said really not sure but maybe a long time SW could give a statement to this.
    edited October 2018
    *deleted
    > @schietindebux said:

> "Stepchild-encounter" in PVE like:
    > Infernal Spheres are from higher interest in PVP.
    > Wraiths Shadow might get a role in Damnationbuilds, to buff up Investiture stacks faster in mod 15.
    > Vampric embrance and Harrow Storm are the only encounter beside Cursed Bites I never use (mabye better in mod 15 that Cursed Bite)
    >

Slight side note, but I’d swap BoVA with Curse Bite on the stepchild list. Even as Templock, BoVA is kind of pointless, while Curse Bite is surprisingly useful in high-DPS parties where mobs don’t gather as neatly and don’t live long enough for repeated Hadar smacks. AoH will of course win in DPS in the ideal situation, but missing even a few mobs gives the advantage to CB.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited October 2018
    *deleted
    Unless I’m missing something with BoVA, it’s not a debuffing power except when used with Darkness feat, which debuffs only for the SW, not the party.

Also, with the incoming improved animation lock on Dreadtheft, that power will become even worse on trash. It will still be a must for Temping on bosses, but it’s a pass for me for trash. In my Temping experience, running full AoE DPS powers like AoH or CB with PoP and FB improves trash clear more than spending time channeling and aiming DT.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    @balanced#2849
    • Perfect idea to rework all classes at the same time!
    • Great things to work on animation and casting!
    • Good job (ex)terminating bugs!
    • Praiseworthy idea to improve Soulbinder and to revive Damnation
      • Sadly, just by reading, it will fall short: There is no clearly stated GOAL for Soulbinder nor Damnation.
    • It's more usefull to finish one job than start many and let them unfinished
      • Give SW meta-DPS (or better if over-time)
        • Enough (self) buff.
        • At least one good damaging power.
        • (If over-time choice): Add an increase of DPS over time/over damage (through Buffs, DoT, stacking Lesser Curses, ...).
      • Make Temptation consistent and competitive (legit "Healer"/"Support")
        • Consistency & Competitive (Protection & Buff)
          • Feat: Darkness: Make it shared.
          • Power: Vampiric Embrace: Reduce it's cooldown duration (-25/50%) to be able to react to emergencies.
          • Power: Warlock Bargain: Increase shared HealOverTime (to avoid spaming powers for heals continuity) (maybe not the self part if problematic to PvP).
          • Globally: Make SW's heals recognized as LEGIT HEALS for Boons, ...
        • Competitive (Protection & Buff)
          • Passive: Warding Curse: Make it shared.
          • Power: Wraiths Shadow: Improve visibility to know when recasting in order to keep the debuff on foes DPS (it's already a pain not to recast Warlock Curse on affected target).
        • Consistency
          • (Optional as it's useless) Power: Infernal Sphere: Make healing part shared.

Done some VERY fast testing:
    • WTF BUG: I got 2 Paranoïd Delusion companions
      • One not dimissable but still giving the bonding buff.
      • The other one is the normal companion that can be changed (so I got 2 invoked companion yeah!).
      • Needed to dimiss the normal one and change map to make the undimissable one to disapear.
    • Curse Bite: This power now has 2 charges. --> Good dps buff!
      • From character interface showed numbers it's the 3rd hardest hitting encouter and 1rst multi-target one (some pratical tests seems needed).
      • (Not checked if each charge call Weapon Enchant correctly.)

Globally those are GOOD changes (except some nerfs), SW still going in the good direction!
    But it's so slowly improving, that I expect to die of old age before SW reach legit meta...
    edited October 2018
    *deleted