test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Scourge Warlock Class Changes

14567810»

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I want to take my time to say thank you for the rework concerning Cursed Bites.
    First time I feel like being capable to deal aoe in a confotable way... Now you only need to buff other encounter in a similar way
  • isurk#9289 isurk Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZyn_aDbSMk
    Thank you for your changes!
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    You surprised?
    We had power creep, devs slightly adjusted it.
    We have damage creep and wrongly working dmg buffing mechanics.
    Now combine power creep + damage creep. And you have one shots.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    So, after playing with the class and data, i can say it's a little bit better now, im able to out dps clueless gwf and hrs of the same item lvl, can't beat a good gwf or hr yet, and here are some things that could be review for next mod:

Cursed bites: this power is now a good tool for low and middle game content, not so much for high end, mostly because it's charges can't benefit from cooldown reductions. Making it able to benefit from cd reductions like griffon wrath would definitely help at high end, also it lacks curse synergy, give it a little one that rewards playstyle: "you gain 2% more damage for 6 seconds for every enemy bitten".

Another thing is the class feature: "deadly curse", as of right now, this class feature (along with snuff out) is the most useless thing in SW's arsenal, in my runs, is contribuiting to 0,07% of my total damage, thats the opposite of deadly, and again, i suggest rewarding playstyle for this class feature: "Deals damage whenever warlock's curse is applied or removed, when a foe is affected with Deadly curse, your next encounter power against them will deal 10%/+3%/+3%/+3% more damage"

Damnation was improved a little bit this mod, however the main problem remains: it takes too much time to stack soul investure and it fades away too quickly. The only way to get soul investure is by killing cursed targets, which is counterproductive:(you and your puppet get buffed when your enemies are dead) or by consuming warlocks curse, of which, only 3 encounters do, and only 1 of them is really usefull.

And lastly: Tyrannical curse/ Flames of empowerment: this daily is fine, how ever, it says you deal 25% more damage, wheras in reality, target's damage resistance gets lowered to you, the same happens to flames of empowerment: it lowers damage resistance and you don't actually deal true increased damage, this is the exactly same issue "prey" from archery had.
    Post edited by divectore on
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    About Cursed Bites.
    Playing a Hellbringer it´s pretty good since PoP applies Lesser Curse.
    Sometimes I use DC sigil and spam Accursed Souls (40'' area), by that all mobs are instantly cursed, followed by 2x Cursed Bites in a huge area 50'', the burst is pretty instant and a big impact in a huge area.
    Running that combination beside a Paladin on top, Accursed souls+2xCB is a pretty deadly aoe (AoC x2 per proc)! Combined with a Dread enchant ... heavy damage.

Playing a while with my fully stuffed dps-lock in several low mid and endlevel dungeons (random/premade), I´d say I am head to head with most Hunter and GWF doing trash, TR drops of since rework. A good CW should do better.
    Concerning focus damage I normally run Hellbringer in groups as dps/buff, even tough Soulbinder deals better focus-damage with a Dread enchant. But even doing so I can stand against many striker like GWF, Hunter or CW (maybe not highly skilled), reference is 2. boss in CR.
    All I can say so far is, a good MI-exe is superior in focus-dps compared to a Hellbringer, pointing at the fact that TR is not dead. GWF, Hunter even CW should also do better, obviously I did not meet the player to match classes.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

About Cursed Bites.
    Playing a Hellbringer it´s pretty good since PoP applies Lesser Curse.
    Sometimes I use DC sigil and spam Accursed Souls (40'' area), by that all mobs are instantly cursed, followed by 2x Cursed Bites in a huge area 50'', the burst is pretty instant and a big impact in a huge area.
    Running that combination beside a Paladin on top, Accursed souls+2xCB is a pretty deadly aoe (AoC x2 per proc)! Combined with a Dread enchant ... heavy damage.

Playing a while with my fully stuffed dps-lock in several low mid and endlevel dungeons (random/premade), I´d say I am head to head with most Hunter and GWF doing trash, TR drops of since rework. A good CW should do better.
    Concerning focus damage I normally run Hellbringer in groups as dps/buff, even tough Soulbinder deals better focus-damage with a Dread enchant. But even doing so I can stand against many striker like GWF, Hunter or CW (maybe not highly skilled), reference is 2. boss in CR.
    All I can say so far is, a good MI-exe is superior in focus-dps compared to a Hellbringer, pointing at the fact that TR is not dead. GWF, Hunter even CW should also do better, obviously I did not meet the player to match classes.

Curse Bite still could use some improvements. Like allow it to be casted while you're moving or using other skills, or make the recharge work like griffons wrath.
    edited December 2018
    Also, i don't think SW needs more damage, just need some tweking of the current numbers, one huge problem is creeping death, on paper, makes you deal tons of damage, but in reality, it doesn't, since it's potential often gets cutted out by inmunes and death of the victim, today i dealt 2 million damage to drufi with killing flames, and creeping death dealt only 300k before she died, effectively making a 17% increase in damage. I'd suggest revamping capstone fury to this: "you deal 30% more damage to cursed targets and an additional 30% over 3 seconds" So, this effectively is a 69% increase in damage vs 75% from current capstone fury, the difference is that warlocks finally get some multiplicative buff, and creeping death still does it's thing but in a shorter frame time.
    Also, include Daily powers in "Executioner's gift" feat, there is no reason to leave them out.
    Gatekeeper's Empowerment ( the second feat from fury): the increase damage to hellish rebuke gets cancelled if you use No Pity, No Mercy, feats should synergize between them, not cancel each other.

For damnation, soul investure should increase general damage and not just encounter damage.
    Hadar's grasp has a weird bonus "victims take 25% more damage from curses" so a single tick of lesser curse is dealing 25% more damage? because the rest of the curses are mechanics, just like saying to Guardian Fighters: "your marks deals 25% more damage" but mark is a thing that doesnt deal damage.

And lastly, and this has been an issue since the launch of the class: Flames of Plagethos, this daily doesn't have a place, it's the "Cold steel hurricane" of the warlock, i was thinking that this daily could be reworked like this:
    "Soul of Plagethos":
    1. Deals 70% less base damage
    2. It's a 20" blast AoE that is placed in the ground.
    3. It increases it's damage by 10% for every second it's active.
    4. It consumes 10% of your action points every second.
    5. it remains active as long as there is Action points.
    This would make this daily useful in some scenarios where it rewards long fights, while being different from "brood of hadar" and also, you can make builds that can benefit greatly from this daily.
    Post edited by divectore on
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    divectore said:

For damnation, soul investure should increase general damage and not just encounter damage.
    Hadar's grasp has a weird bonus "victims take 25% more damage from curses" so a single tick of lesser curse is dealing 25% more damage? because the rest of the curses are mechanics, just like saying to Guardian Fighters: "your marks deals 25% more damage" but mark is a thing that doesnt deal damage.

Useless, the capstone needs way more tweaking.

There's no point in making it general damage or encounter damage when the stacks can't be maintained.

They drop soon as you build them killing mobs and move to the next one, making it almost useless for pack clear. Then pretty much nonexistent for boss fights. This needs changed for the next mod.

• soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I love a daily or encouter that consumes all dmg over time adds it up and delivers a big blast
    ghoulz66 said:

divectore said:

There's no point in making it general damage or encounter damage when the stacks can't be maintained.

They drop soon as you build them killing mobs and move to the next one, making it almost useless for pack clear. Then pretty much nonexistent for boss fights. This needs changed for the next mod.

Yes, but if you read a few posts above, you'll see that i already made that point, so i didn't type it again.
  • meanrage1meanrage1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Why oh why is the Flames of Phlegthos being moved from level 10 all the way up to level 80? This will completely wreck my Warlock when this thing goes live.
  • nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    How @meanrage1
    Flames is useless now and continues to lack purpose in the next update
  • skuallpwskuallpw Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

divectore said:

i was expecting that mod16 removes curse as mechanic to do dmg , btw soul sparks , curse , lesser curse , all that sounds good on paper , but in gameplay is just another layer of fustration to the warlock.

other classes dont have ramp up , the get to the pack and nuke it , some dont even lose resource mechanics while moving btw pulls.