test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ArcQuest Nerf?

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

Been logging in daily and had 2 quests at 3/6 and 3/10.
    Now logged in and both back to only 1/3 and 1/10

What the ?????????

Yep, have seen this happening a few times over the years... so, i'm not sure why they pulled the whole system now and not sooner. I only hope the remaining Arc Points won't just vanish into thin air, when they come around with the update.
    :|
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2018

As they just removed it, they will make a lot of users just abandon that service.

Which is a huge no no if you want to continue it successfully.

I doubt it will ever come back.

Reminds me of they way they handled the gateway. Took it down promising it will come back and then after a while just say it is botters fault they remove it
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

i calculated it once and was getting about 9k AD a day worth (18 zen) i think. Not a lot, certainly not an efficient use of my time but it was a part of my routine none the less. By the time they post a replacement I'm sure my new routine will be set and going back to it for 9k a day probably won't justify it. What is that like one regular random dungeon which I never run. My 17k character can probably do a CT in less time than running the arc quests. Assuming its a nerf and not a buff, I'm probably done with ARC. Haven't opened it since they removed the program to be honest

Seeing the description of the rewards on Xbox: Most likely they concluded the Arc Quest rewards were too good for the little effort. The free Zen probably was blamed for cutting into their game earnings. (Which indicates they might be concerned about current NW earnings...)

If it comes back the rewards probably will be revamped to something like that on Xbox - useless.
  • Options
    poeticenigma#4268 poeticenigma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Uh, they said you could still redeem what points you had, but it will not let me go to the redeem screen at all
    Always, Under the Influence

Naella 16k SS CW / Aislin Ravenskye 13k AC/DO DC / Samarah 13k baby Tank GWF
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    @poeticmars36

hit charge -> Select neverwinter, then Dragon (international), scroll down to Alternative Options, click on Arc Points -> select the game again, then select the server again Dragon (International) then click on the exchange you wish to make and hit redeem.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

no reward, no participation. if they are nerfing rewards just don't bother with a revamp, use the dev hours on something else please

ARC apps are different Dev then NW? Just wondering....

• Options
    poeticenigma#4268 poeticenigma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

@poeticmars36

hit charge -> Select neverwinter, then Dragon (international), scroll down to Alternative Options, click on Arc Points -> select the game again, then select the server again Dragon (International) then click on the exchange you wish to make and hit redeem.

That seemed to work! Never knew about doing it that way :) Thank you!

Always, Under the Influence

Naella 16k SS CW / Aislin Ravenskye 13k AC/DO DC / Samarah 13k baby Tank GWF
  • Options
    Well, that only works when you've enough points left... everyone else is just up youknowwhat creek without a paddle.
    Btw. ZAX has gone up to nearly 10m AD backlog.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    which means noone is converting zen to AD atm?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    When players can't get some extra Zen through the Arc quests, they might just hold on to what they have and try getting more from the ZAX.

We've to wait and see how that turns out when the Summer sale is back again, if the Arc quests haven't returned by then, things might get really ugly...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Maybe it is only a sensation but i think that when the arc quests will return on will be similar to xbox quests...(pretty useless to PC players)
  • Options
    galwaytazalangalwaytazalan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Well not just taking it down, but freezing out people from what they have earned. I am one of those who looked at my rewards earned sitting locked till they find a way to make us forget or a way to make it a useless promo. Why not go back to peanut labs (I think that was their name)! Heck I went and got a discover card when I don't like Discover and got rewarded with enough cryptic or zen can't remember to buy a ship pack over in STO. If you were hoping people were going to prop up the other games and buy there, well if they are trying to earn free zen for a game they are playing, did you think they would find the time and money laying around to buy things in that game as well.

My concern was this a system to show you have x number of users in all of these games to possible investors. It all looks good on paper so if you get a win from it, why can't we as well.

Yes I agree you can't get zen on the AD market unless you are ready to pay beyond normalcy. Hmm, wonder if that is what our economy in the real world is heading.

I cut back on STO to try this game and I am close to saying, forgot both and go with other games that I want to play, have paid for, but don't have time to since I am grinding away in 2 games.
  • Options
    I haven't logged into arc since the program removal. I'm sure the new system will come with an announcement when it's introduced but I'm pretty confident I won't come back to it as the new reward system will not be interesting enough to attract my participation. At this point the rewards would have to be better than the old system because I can see my game progression is faster spent in game than out of it.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    litaaers said:

*IF* you had a lot of their games installed, you could complete one quest on average every 3 days. I don't, and I would get 5000 Zen every 4-6 months.

In STO, I was able to buy the Pilot ship 9 pack using mostly zen from ArcQuest. It was on sale, but it was still a $90 value. I think that I averaged 500+ points a week.
  • Options
    Well, looks like it's all working out just fine for them... the ZAX was above 12m AD backlog, but now it's down to 8m AD within the "Spring Currency Sale".

After a good month without anything concrete about what is going to happen with the Arc quests system, it's either never going to return for PC players, or it will just be a simple copy&paste XBox version at some point.

Stunts like this and increasing the € prices for the LTS in STO (and CO) really discourages me (and probably others) to spend more money here, or in any other game they have or might be working on...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    unfortunately is not a "Spring Currency Sale" effect the reduction of AD in ZAX but a raffination/mark discount side effect.
    An update from devs might be appreciated...
  • Options
    gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    modlesie said:

putzboy78 said:

I think there is no enough ZEN buyers on PC, d(^.^)b.

No way i will spend any $ for this unbalanced bugged game.
    mynaam said:

As they just removed it, they will make a lot of users just abandon that service.

Which is a huge no no if you want to continue it successfully.

I doubt it will ever come back.

Reminds me of they way they handled the gateway. Took it down promising it will come back and then after a while just say it is botters fault they remove it
    :'(:D

• Options
    modlesie said:

putzboy78 said:

I think there is no enough ZEN buyers on PC, d(^.^)b.

No way i will spend any $ for this unbalanced bugged game.
    my last ad to zen transfer took 9 days with the backlog at 12M. Usually its 1-1.5 days per million. So based on that, I think there is still a lot of zen movement per day. There's just a lot of AD in the market.
  • Options
    monokherosmonokheros Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User

Hi everyone. I will pass on the feedback regarding messaging to the appropriate people. This was a decision outside of my/Cryptic's jurisdiction so I wasn't made aware until the decision had been finalized. The plan is to bring it back after updates though.

these the same updates we can expect from say when eDV was returned? or eSP ooops mSP? you have a poor track record for getting things done. cryptic not at fault so is it WoC or Hasbro?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Well, some solid information on this subject would be nice... still staring every day at my 4k Arc points i can't even use.
    Or at the very least let us convert the Arc points we have into an accordingly amount of ZEN please.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @regenerde You can still spend the points. You need to go to the Charge page, choose game and then server. Then scroll to the bottom of the "choose amount" page and there's an option to spend your Arc Points.

Hi everyone. I will pass on the feedback regarding messaging to the appropriate people. This was a decision outside of my/Cryptic's jurisdiction so I wasn't made aware until the decision had been finalized. The plan is to bring it back after updates though.

these the same updates we can expect from say when eDV was returned? or eSP ooops mSP? you have a poor track record for getting things done. cryptic not at fault so is it WoC or Hasbro?
    Well given that it was Arc Games, then I assume it was an Arc decision or in other words PWE's. Nothing to do with Cryptic. They're just owned by PWE, they don't get to decide what the company who owns them does or does not do. (And in this case neither Hasbro nor WotC has anything to do with any of it.)
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    That only works if you have 5k Arc points for the 500 ZEN pack, any Arc points below that mark can't be exchanged atm.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

@regenerde You can still spend the points. You need to go to the Charge page, choose game and then server. Then scroll to the bottom of the "choose amount" page and there's an option to spend your Arc Points.

Technically correct. However, as you need at least 5000 Arc Points to buy Zen @regenerde cannot spend his 4k Arc Points at this time. I have 2000 Points which are gathering digital dust due to the same problem >:)

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    qexotic said:

ilithyn said:

Technically correct. However, as you need at least 5000 Arc Points to buy Zen @regenerde cannot spend his 4k Arc Points at this time. I have 2000 Points which are gathering digital dust due to the same problem >:)

Ah okay, I haven't actually tried to use it. I just saw it there. And okay, that's stupid.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    as Danny Devito's character in Romancing the Stones, near the end of movie, he asked....
    "How soon is soon?" :D
  • Options
    Just to talk, there are any news on argument?
  • Options
    Nearly 3 months since they've "... temporarily disabled it on PC.", and nothing official has been stated about those "improvements" they've planned since then either.

I'd suggest to return the old system, just make sure that it only offers quests from games that are actually available, and limit the payout to 500 ZEN per month.

Anyway, after reading through
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1239978/
    i really doubt that Arc quests are coming back "improved" at any point in the near future...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User