test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ArcQuest Nerf?

putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
I've been doing ArcQuests for 2 years and am level 173. Yesterday without notice (no alert mails, no update to the launcher, nothing this program was removed, but fear not I found it after visiting the arc website, navigating to the neverwinter new section.

arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10819944-arc-quests-pc-improvements-on-the-horizon

It appears this removal is temporary as they "have temporarily disabled it on PC", the removal was not inflicted on XBOX.

A no notice removal of a tool on a single platform screams exploit, anyone know what it may have been? It was only worth about 9k AD a day, which is peanuts but for me a modest distraction.

Since we've seen temporary removal of features before for improvements (i.e. module 6 death to dungeons in D&D) do we think it will ever come back?

Comments

• Options
    darayavausdarayavaus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Been logging in daily and had 2 quests at 3/6 and 3/10.
    Now logged in and both back to only 1/3 and 1/10

What the ?????????
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

I've been doing ArcQuests for 2 years and am level 173. Yesterday without notice (no alert mails, no update to the launcher, nothing this program was removed, but fear not I found it after visiting the arc website, navigating to the neverwinter new section.

arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10819944-arc-quests-pc-improvements-on-the-horizon

It appears this removal is temporary as they "have temporarily disabled it on PC", the removal was not inflicted on XBOX.

A no notice removal of a tool on a single platform screams exploit, anyone know what it may have been? It was only worth about 9k AD a day, which is peanuts but for me a modest distraction.

Since we've seen temporary removal of features before for improvements (i.e. module 6 death to dungeons in D&D) do we think it will ever come back?

I think there is no enough ZEN buyers on PC, d(^.^)b.

No way i will spend any $ for this unbalanced bugged game.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    i know people who have spent thousands, you may be surprised. but maybe they found that arcquest is not working as a method to get people to spend money in other games.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    As they just removed it, they will make a lot of users just abandon that service.

Which is a huge no no if you want to continue it successfully.

I doubt it will ever come back.
  • Options
    tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    I have only started using this in recent weeks, in the hopes of gaining a few more Zen and I hope to to see it return sometime soon or will it die a death like the gateway did? Come on PWE be honest with us, is it down for a revamp or is it the end of free Zen forever.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    If you expect bad things, you will usually get them. Considering its free Zen, I wouldn't worry too much,

Likely, they are going to make it so you have to be in game for a certain amount of time to get the reward, since a chunk of people have been launching, then closing the games that they don't play.

In other words, we will have to earn it now.
  • Options
    I had no issue with them, I'm convinced that the need to take them down immediately on one platform only has to be related to some form of misuse. Also its obvious the program did not meet its marketing goals, else someone would consider the loss of revenue as it relates to this program. And if it wasn't related to some form of misuse wouldn't they say that the program will be going down on XX/XX instead of saying hey this program is going down for maintenance starting immediately.

A marketing program involving a marketing team with concern about maintaining customers would have had better messaging around it.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

grrouper said:

Just funny how they could not leave it up until they had the revamp ready to launch. But with cryptics track record i am not getting my hopes up.

I'm sure they had their reasons for taking it down. I do wish they had said something in advance of taking them down. But to be perfectly honest, a lot of people had been having problems with them for the last week or 2 anyway, so it's probably good that they did take them down.
    I noticed a lot of buggy behavior over the last month or so. I'm fine with them doing a revamp, particularly if doing so makes it easier.

It would have been polite to announce the shutdown in advance.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Am I the only one who's getting flashbacks to when Gateway vanished?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

ilithyn said:

Am I the only one who's getting flashbacks to when Gateway vanished?

My sources say that this is not that.
    I hope your sources are correct. And not saying that it is either, just that to the outsider the two situations looks and have been handled in a very similar fashion. That's all.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone. I will pass on the feedback regarding messaging to the appropriate people. This was a decision outside of my/Cryptic's jurisdiction so I wasn't made aware until the decision had been finalized. The plan is to bring it back after updates though.
  • Options
    Wasn't very mysterious.... it needed a restart. We don't need to sign off on everything that happens.
  • Options
    but good communication does encourage consumer confidence. Which is helpful given what a disaster the razer program was
  • Options
    monokherosmonokheros Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    Welcome to BETA testing for all the other plaforms.... again....
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Never played these Arc Quests... How much AD and/or Zen was possible to farm every day or week?
  • Options
    *IF* you had a lot of their games installed, you could complete one quest on average every 3 days. I don't, and I would get 5000 Zen every 4-6 months.

It wasn't a big influx, but since it only cost time and computer resources, it was a steal.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I saw something above about Xbox One, I have never seen this. All I have seen is the individual game rewards.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    litaaers said:

*IF* you had a lot of their games installed, you could complete one quest on average every 3 days. I don't, and I would get 5000 Zen every 4-6 months.

It wasn't a big influx, but since it only cost time and computer resources, it was a steal.

Are you sure you don't mean 5000 Arc Points which gave you 500 Zen every 4-6 months ? I do have a lot of their games installed, but can/could only manage 500 Zen every 4-6 weeks which worked out at 5-6000 Zen per year.

Quests could be instant, 2 days, 4 days and 7 days. 7 Day one gave 500 Quest Points and you needed 600 Quest Points for every 500 Arc Points. At 5000 Arc Points, you could exchange them for Zen. It was nice while it lasted :)

• Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I saw something above about Xbox One, I have never seen this. All I have seen is the individual game rewards.

If you have the Arc app on Xbox, you can get a few rewards from it. On Xbox you get points from completing achievements in-game. There are only 5 single claim rewards on Xbox, no Zen. Heavy Mystic Nightmare Mount (10000 Points), Mystic Phoera (6000 points), Skeletal Dog (3500 points), a "High Value Consumables" pack (1000 points) and a "Medium Value Consumables" pack (500 points). The mount is nice but the rest is kinda pointless.
    Yeah, know about those. Just past the 10,000 points. Any chance they will ever update it with anything else?
  • Options
    qexotic said:

litaaers said:

Are you sure you don't mean 5000 Arc Points which gave you 500 Zen every 4-6 months ? I do have a lot of their games installed, but can/could only manage 500 Zen every 4-6 weeks which worked out at 5-6000 Zen per year.

Quests could be instant, 2 days, 4 days and 7 days. 7 Day one gave 500 Quest Points and you needed 600 Quest Points for every 500 Arc Points. At 5000 Arc Points, you could exchange them for Zen. It was nice while it lasted :)

You are correct. I added a zero, thinking of the points.

• Options
    i calculated it once and was getting about 9k AD a day worth (18 zen) i think. Not a lot, certainly not an efficient use of my time but it was a part of my routine none the less. By the time they post a replacement I'm sure my new routine will be set and going back to it for 9k a day probably won't justify it. What is that like one regular random dungeon which I never run. My 17k character can probably do a CT in less time than running the arc quests. Assuming its a nerf and not a buff, I'm probably done with ARC. Haven't opened it since they removed the program to be honest