test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone excited by that trailer ?

Comments

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    hmm new Trial sounds interesting... lets hope its better then SVA.
    Im kinda concerned to see no mention of a new Dungeon, i hope we arent only getting a Trial but Trial + Dungeon.

More Hunts would really HAMSTER me off that System is just awefull.
  • Options
    estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    The trailer did nothing for me. I just hope that if there is a dungeon, all except a few classes are not waiting to do the dungeon like Tong just because we are not the right class. Players taking just certain classes so that they can finish fast are causing so many to leave because once again like FBI/MSVA/MSP the content is very hard and most can't get on a team to do them. Then you put out another dungeon and they can't get on a team because nobody is doing the older ones because of the new one. We lose too many good players due to frustration, disappointment and the fact that they fill the devs don't give a HAMSTER about anybody but the players at the top even though they spend their money just the same. Maybe if they ran the dungeons many times (not being carried through) as different classes they may see how alot of the players feel.
    I for one who puts money in the game every week, will stop because I'm losing to many good players in my alliance due to this. Once again thanks Cryptic for hurting the players.
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    @adinosii Actually the spew rex was a thing already back when they were livestreaming chult on the dnd stream. EVERYONE in the stream lost their minds when they heard about a zombie spewing tyran. So basically this whole mod was well expected. I was hoping for a chult extension but also at the same time kinda wanting to leave chult for some new scenery.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I am hoping for changes to the RQ system so I can do 3-4 REDs rather than those BORING levelling dungeons.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    "New Hunts" huh. I just hope the trophies and lures are tradable in the auction house and can stack in my inventory. Pulling out the mailbox each time is a pain in the GERBIL.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    The triceratops mount looks pretty good. The female nagas are well designed. Could be a companion too(they'd have to change it to good aligned as they did with other companions). Those ugly things with stone axes look well designed as well. I could see all kinds of stories around them and the nagas. Not sure about Dinosaur creating zombies.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Waiting to be disappointed. . .
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    bloodzakjonbloodzakjon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    no, for me fix what's in game before adding new tbh
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    thank you for the link!

hmm...

for a while we were dreaming about the old dungeons coming back at some point...
    but maybe it was even more the way we played together back then to earn our weapons and armor
    we were all more or less in the same boat (searching our own armor or armor for friends)
    but so much time has passed since those dungeons and that system are gone.

now i would very much like to see a new class!

neverwinter is a bit fragmented now.
    many newcomers,
    some mid level characters in limbo (like mine) --- random epic dungeon (and hopefully not PUG FBI or spell plague).
    and the high end grinding for UES in very specific team constellations.
    would i like to grind for UES? no... it feels like a big effort for something that will be easy to get later on.

so... let's see what it feels like on preview!
    :)

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

New campaign with grindin fest for boons-new weapons and an end game Trial which noone will be able to run like Tong because of the high requirements...No thnx..mehhh...every mod goes from bad to worse...

Excuse me for noticing, but that's exactly what end game MMORPGs are like. Regardless of which one, grinding is a part of it. A new trial sounds like fun, and high requirements will only make it sweeter 'cause it's gonna be harder content.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    pitshade said:

"what is "removal of the leveling curve for players from 60-70"? Sounds odd."

It probably means that they are making the XP necessary to level up after 60 more on par with what players experienced up to that point. 4 to 60 just running quests you gain multiple levels per zone. 60+ it can take forever to grind out 1 level unless you are really powerleveling. The 60+ stuff and EE just dont feel connected to the original game. YMMV

This has changed a lot you can get from 60-70 in a few days using IG and random dungeons/skirm. the grind is not hard anymore
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Like someone said above - more content that I haven't got time to grind out the requirements to take part in. Yes I know that's how MMOs work, but it still feels a bit meh that I can't really do some stuff despite playing for nearly two years [wow time flies!] and finishing all boons and campaigns. But yes all MMOs need new end game stuff for the top tiered players, and for others to aim at.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @pantha>; @pantha7 said:
    > Like someone said above - more content that I haven't got time to grind out the requirements to take part in. Yes I know that's how MMOs work, but it still feels a bit meh that I can't really do some stuff despite playing for nearly two years [wow time flies!] and finishing all boons and campaigns. But yes all MMOs need new end game stuff for the top tiered players, and for others to aim at.
    >
    > exactly ! New players not only have 11 campaigns to grind for boons and unlock dungeons but after having spent so much time they come to face the high (silly in my opinion) requirements of end-game content that they never can take part in it...
    > Tong....... that lovely dungeon.... where is the easier version Tong for newbies 8k-11k ...it's absent...

Yeah xD but wait... where are the harder versions of elol, mc, vt, etos, ecc, egwd ....
    Seems like there is way less content that u can call "end game" compared to all the easy available content.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

exactly ! New players not only have 11 campaigns to grind for boons and unlock dungeons but after having spent so much time they come to face the high (silly in my opinion) requirements of end-game content that they never can take part in it...

"Never" is a strong word. True, it takes time to get to the point where you can run the hardest content, in particular if you are playing multiple characters. There is nothing silly about that - it is just the way games like this work - to keep players interested you need content that is appropriate for players of all levels - including those fully geared out.

Now, ToNG is not hard if you are in a coordinated group of 17K+ players - the only real question is whether the run will take under 20 minutes or not. Still, it is the closest thing NWO has to a real challenge for a fully-geared, experienced player. For a more reasonable group, say 14-15K IL, Tong is a great challenge - sure, it may take 30-40 minutes, but you finish with a sense of having accomplished something. Now, for a group that barely meets the requirements to run ToNG, it is a nightmare - they will probably fail, or if they manage to finish it may take hours, with multiple wipes.

This is exactly how it should be - the developers got the difficulty of ToNG just right.

Instead of whining and asking for an easier version of ToNG, just improve your character and your tactics until you can run it comfortably.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Another piece of content I can't do because of the bonding nerfs taking my power level down below that required for the end game dungeons just as I thought I'd got into a state where I could do them.

Creating a game for the 1% of elitists is NOT the way to go. Adinosii is epitomising why people are playing less and quitting in droves. IF you are 17K you will have fun with this. A lot more people have 14K DPS mains and can't get on a party for ToNG and it would be very slow for them if they did. Pre bonding nerfs it would have been doable.

Getting the R14s required to compensate for the bonding nerf is completely impossible in any reasonable time unless you have a very fat wallet or an alt army and a lot of playtime (and no morals about ruining levelling dungeons for lowbies).
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    adinosii said:

pantha7 said:

exactly ! New players not only have 11 campaigns to grind for boons and unlock dungeons but after having spent so much time they come to face the high (silly in my opinion) requirements of end-game content that they never can take part in it...

"Never" is a strong word. True, it takes time to get to the point where you can run the hardest content, in particular if you are playing multiple characters. There is nothing silly about that - it is just the way games like this work - to keep players interested you need content that is appropriate for players of all levels - including those fully geared out.

Now, ToNG is not hard if you are in a coordinated group of 17K+ players - the only real question is whether the run will take under 20 minutes or not. Still, it is the closest thing NWO has to a real challenge for a fully-geared, experienced player. For a more reasonable group, say 14-15K IL, Tong is a great challenge - sure, it may take 30-40 minutes, but you finish with a sense of having accomplished something. Now, for a group that barely meets the requirements to run ToNG, it is a nightmare - they will probably fail, or if they manage to finish it may take hours, with multiple wipes.

This is exactly how it should be - the developers got the difficulty of ToNG just right.

Instead of whining and asking for an easier version of ToNG, just improve your character and your tactics until you can run it comfortably.
    Hamster please.
  • Options
    What % of the player base are iL 17k? That is all I would like to know :smile:

Getting from 13k iL to 17k iL looks like months of grind to me
  • Options
    I just realised what I meant by content I cant do etc.

With River District they introduced new weapons which are very very good. But they also made it so that you could attain them by using the Campaign method and grind them out via the content which was very group friendly - Sewers, SHEs, SHIP!!!! etc and those mini dungeons. That felt like fun to me. KNOWING I coudl log on and get a little closer to those ABoleth Weapons!

With ToNG that isnt the case, and the best armour is hidden behind content that a lot of PUGs cant do [ToNG].

Does that maybe explain a little more about what we would liek to see in a new mod?
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

What % of the player base are iL 17k? That is all I would like to know :smile:

Getting from 13k iL to 17k iL looks like months of grind to me

The problem is once you get to 15k they do not want to take you to endgame dungeons cause they only want experience. I am lucky enough to be in an amazing alliance that is willing to help me and other alliance members out but those that are not will simply never be able to do MSP/FBI/MSVA/TONG/NEW TRIAL
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    I don't think we've touched upon this enough, but I hope the boons won't be utter HAMSTER. I didn't even get the last Chult boon because it doesn't do anything for me. The best boons are obviously Tyranny of Dragons and I'd love of we had another iteration of that.

Anyways, it doesn't seem like we're getting M13 preview today, but I hope it will come soon. It may come later because devs are in a completely different time zone (I'm in GMT +1) but I still am not expecting it this week. That 15th of Jan rumor could still hold true, but what I want to see is a list of all the updates and changes they've done - in a M13 preview thread.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    I am curious what exactly those Thayans were doing there, I know that Valindra will never return because they need to abide by what forgotten realms releases, but one can always dream...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    The FR wiki places Valindra in Chult looking for an artifact named Soulmonger... which seems to place her in the current story. The Thayans in mod 12 have flavor dialog indicating she is active in the area.

Preview updates tend to get posted around 4 or 5 PM Pacific Time and it is shortly before 1 PM now. There is still some time left.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

The FR wiki places Valundra in Chult looking for an artifact named Soulmonger... which seems to place her in the current story. The Thayans in mod 12 have flavor dialog indicating she is active in the area.

Preview updates tend to get posted around 4 or 5 PM Pacific Time and it is shortly before 1 PM now. There is still some time left.

So it should go up in 3-4 hours? Man that's kinda late for us poor GMT+1 peeps, IF the site I looked at is correct.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    That is correct. If it is this week, we will see something then.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The FR wiki places Valindra in Chult looking for an artifact named Soulmonger... which seems to place her in the current story. The Thayans in mod 12 have flavor dialog indicating she is active in the area.

I would definitely love seing Valindra back as she was presented as the main villain of the game