test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T-Rex Fangs - Add Teamwork to Chult

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Currently there are a few anti-teamwork systems in place that I would like to see removed from Chult.

#1 The door will not let us enter Chult in a party if some party members are already in the river. This is the first clue of where the teamwork zone has ended.

#2 T-Rex fang drops are not as much RNG as they are an old performance system copied from some heroic encounters. If you solo a T-Rex, you get a fang almost every time (95% according to my testing, 100% according to others). If you are a high DPS monster, you also always get a fang. If you are a support class buffing everyone, you get nothing without being in a party, getting significant alone time with the T-Rex, or if the DPS in the group is slow and you are allowed to repeatedly get healing numbers on your nearby allies (if we can call them that).

This system is extremely anti-teamwork, and is very unfair to support classes and lower geared players. This is not a good system at all. I am not saying that a puny 8k should be able to come up and "steal" your hard earned loot. I am saying that your fang rewards should be completely unrelated to how many people are fighting the T-Rex, whether you are in a party, what class you are, and how bad your gear is. If the top DPS players on the server are the only ones allowed to get T-Rex fangs, then why am I playing a support class?

This applies to all trophy monsters, not just T-Rex. Individual trophy rewards instead of rolling on a single chance that we are only allowed to roll on because we were in a party with the main DPS.

#3 Hunts are awesome. Just to be clear, I love the hunts system. However, the loot system feels like a step backwards. Having only one item drop from a hunt and having a party roll for it just means that either the person who worked hard to find the trophies for it gets nothing, or the party that worked hard to kill it gets nothing. It would be great if everyone in the party had an equal reward for participating, however, I would be very disappointing if you had to decrease the drop rate in order to make this happen. Fixing this would also allow two friends to bring two halves of a lure together to go on a hunt, currently this isn't possible, since only one of them can get loot.
asterdahl said:

The idea here is that we'd like groups of friends, guildmates or strangers to be able to team up in town and pool their resources.

Could you make it rewarding for us to do so instead of punishing?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    adinosii said:

The hunts only work when you run with a group of people you trust, and where you agree beforehand who gets the drop. That person "needs" the others pass. The system just does not work when you run with strangers....too many scammers out there. What I would do is the following - The person who places the lure gets a guaranteed drop, and anyone who contributes sufficiently to the kill has a chance of a drop.

You can demand party lead and set loot to Determined By Party Leader. It solves the scammer issue. Still agree with everything else.

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2017

Currently there are a few anti-teamwork systems in place that I would like to see removed from Chult.

#1 The door will not let us enter Chult in a party if some party members are already in the river. This is the first clue of where the teamwork zone has ended.

This is a bug, a fix is in and will be going out this week. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue!

#2 T-Rex fang drops are not as much RNG as they are an old performance system copied from some heroic encounters. If you solo a T-Rex, you get a fang almost every time (95% according to my testing, 100% according to others). If you are a high DPS monster, you also always get a fang. If you are a support class buffing everyone, you get nothing without being in a party, getting significant alone time with the T-Rex, or if the DPS in the group is slow and you are allowed to repeatedly get healing numbers on your nearby allies (if we can call them that).

This system is extremely anti-teamwork, and is very unfair to support classes and lower geared players. This is not a good system at all. I am not saying that a puny 8k should be able to come up and "steal" your hard earned loot. I am saying that your fang rewards should be completely unrelated to how many people are fighting the T-Rex, whether you are in a party, what class you are, and how bad your gear is. If the top DPS players on the server are the only ones allowed to get T-Rex fangs, then why am I playing a support class?

We recommend that you actually hunt Tyrannosaurus rex as a team, as that will ensure your team can defeat him and that you get loot. However, we are aware that the congestion hunting tyrannosauruses is too high at the moment. We plan to introduce a third tyrannosaurus patrol, as well as potentially making additional adjustments.

#3 Hunts are awesome. Just to be clear, I love the hunts system. However, the loot system feels like a step backwards. Having only one item drop from a hunt and having a party roll for it just means that either the person who worked hard to find the trophies for it gets nothing, or the party that worked hard to kill it gets nothing. It would be great if everyone in the party had an equal reward for participating, however, I would be very disappointing if you had to decrease the drop rate in order to make this happen. Fixing this would also allow two friends to bring two halves of a lure together to go on a hunt, currently this isn't possible, since only one of them can get loot.

As you have guessed, if we were to give out guaranteed loot to each party member, not only would we have to reduce the drop rate, but those items would be bound as well. If a hunt monster drops something good for your GWF build, and something good for a friend's DC build, you may get the item you'd like to pass to your friend and be unable to do so.

Actually the current system encourages teamwork and social play. However, since nothing exactly like this has existed in the game before, it will take some time for the social constructs to develop for publicly formed groups to handle loot in a satisfactory way. I'm sure some of you are already experimenting with different approaches: "my pops, my drops," "everyone bring a pop, and free lot on loot," etc.

We'll keep an eye on things and consider making adjustments, but we'd really like to avoid making hunts play out like glorified heroic encounters.
    adinosii said:

Get rid of the "unique" trophies - being forced to use a silly workaround to store all the trophies you accumulate while hunting for T-Rex fangs is absurd. Yes, mailing them to myself works OK for people with VIP, but it is just plain silly. Be reasonable and allow them to stack.

It is not intended that you are able to store these in your mailbox to avoid the unique limit. We will be making adjustments. It is very much intended that you can only hold one of each lure and one of each trophy. We think its great if people hunt their own lures ahead of forming a group, but we don't want the play experience to be hording huge amounts of lures and running the same hunts over and over. Both for pacing of play as well as congestion on lairs.
    Post edited by asterdahl on
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

It is not intended that you are able to store these in your mailbox to avoid the unique limit. We will be making adjustments. It is very much intended that you can only hold one of each lure and one of each trophy. We think its great if people hunt their own lures ahead of forming a group, but we don't want the play experience to be hording huge amounts of lures and running the same hunts over and over. Both for pacing of play as well as congestion on lairs.

That's not particularly fun for someone who isn't currently concentrating on hunting but would like to retain the option to do them "someday".

Though I'd likely be more inclined to use the items if the discrepancy between getting t-rex fangs and everything else were evened out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

This is a bug, a fix is in and will be going out this week. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue!
    Awesome!
    asterdahl said:

We recommend that you actually hunt Tyrannosaurus rex as a team, as that will ensure your team can defeat him and that you get loot. However, we are aware that the congestion hunting tyrannosauruses is too high at the moment. We plan to introduce a third tyrannosaurus patrol, we also plan to introduce a small chance for standard tyrannosaurs to drop the fangs.
    My team of 5 friends who play tanks and DCs still cannot succeed at getting a T-Rex Drop if we are against a team of 5 DPS classes. We also cannot refuse to buff the "opposing" teams. If a DPS shows up a a T-Rex we might as well leave, we stand no chance at the fang. Our chances should not be tied to the chance that a class that can deal more DPS than us showed up. This is absurd. A DPS class can take the T-Rex down by himself and get the fang, a Support class can take the T-Rex down by himself and get the fang, but if they are there at the same time, the DPS will always get the fang. Team or no team, only the team with the DPS wins the fang.

If it's all about "teamwork", why not set healing values near the T-Rex to be worth 300 billion times more than DPS? That would mean healing is more useful than DPS for getting the fang, so supports will always get the fangs, so people will want to party supports.

Yes, we can party up with a DPS to increase our chance of a fang, but why would a DPS ever party with a support if they are already going to get the fang for themselves, and if they party with a support they have to roll for it now? There is no possible way that a performance system encourages teamwork.

The spawns aren't unreasonably congested at the times I play. I can just move to a smaller instance. The issue is that no matter whether the instance is full or if it has two people in it, if a DPS class shows up to the T-Rex they win the fang due to the performance system.
    asterdahl said:

As you have guessed, if we were to give out guaranteed loot to each party member, not only would we have to reduce the drop rate, but those items would be bound as well. If a hunt monster drops something good for your GWF build, and something good for a friend's DC build, you may get the item you'd like to pass to your friend and be unable to do so.

Actually the current system encourages teamwork and social play. However, since nothing exactly like this has existed in the game before, it will take some time for the social constructs to develop for publicly formed groups to handle loot in a satisfactory way. I'm sure some of you are already experimenting with different approaches: "my pops, my drops," "everyone bring a pop, and free lot on loot," etc.

We'll keep an eye on things and consider making adjustments, but we'd really like to avoid making hunts play out like glorified heroic encounters.
    K, this isn't the worst. I enjoyed the drop rate, however, these items are already bound. Just hoping you were aware of that.
    asterdahl said:

adinosii said:

Get rid of the "unique" trophies - being forced to use a silly workaround to store all the trophies you accumulate while hunting for T-Rex fangs is absurd. Yes, mailing them to myself works OK for people with VIP, but it is just plain silly. Be reasonable and allow them to stack.

Yeah, this has to be one of the weirdest design decisions since black ice/voninblod empowerment. So you want to create a system that encourages using people's lures solo instead of waiting for you friends to come online? You also want to create a system where people see that they just missed out on a juicy rare item that they just got two of at the same time because they shouldn't be allowed to hold two of them. You also want to create a system where players who are fishing repeatedly get no loot because the fishing game keeps giving them the same trophy over and over again. You want to keep a system that prevents someone from playing a specific 1-star hunt again because they already have the 2-star lure for it and don't want to waste the 1-star lure if a 2-star lure drops from it, but also already have the the 1-star lure so they cannot kill the rare monster that creates that lure either. You want to have a system where to get a 3-star hunt you must repeatedly kill all of the lower hunts many times, possibly even 5-20 times each, yet you want the same system to encourage not running the same hunt more than once in a row? You also want to create a system where players start storing the trophies/lures on their alts instead of the mail by either using the shared bank or by giving them to their friends to hand to their alts if you disable the shared bank as well. Is this really what you are trying to design? Just curious.

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

K, this isn't the worst. I enjoyed the drop rate, however, these items are already bound. Just hoping you were aware of that.

I misspoke, what I should have said was: given that the items are bound, you would be unable to ensure the desired player received the items if the loot was personal and unable to be lotted on.

Yeah, this has to be one of the weirdest design decisions since black ice/voninblod empowerment. So you want to create a system that encourages using people's lures solo instead of waiting for you friends to come online? You also want to create a system where people see that they just missed out on a juicy rare item that they just got two of at the same time because they shouldn't be allowed to hold two of them. You also want to create a system where players who are fishing repeatedly get no loot because the fishing game keeps giving them the same trophy over and over again. You want to keep a system that prevents someone from playing a specific 1-star hunt again because they already have the 2-star lure for it and don't want to waste the 1-star lure if a 2-star lure drops from it, but also already have the the 1-star lure so they cannot kill the rare monster that creates that lure either. You want to have a system where to get a 3-star hunt you must repeatedly kill all of the lower hunts many times, possibly even 5-20 times each, yet you want the same system to encourage not running the same hunt more than once in a row? You also want to create a system where players start storing the trophies/lures on their alts instead of the mail by either using the shared bank or by giving them to their friends to hand to their alts if you disable the shared bank as well. Is this really what you are trying to design? Just curious.

In essence, yes. The hunt system is designed such that you should feel as if you want to go on the hunt reasonably often. We'd like to see people forming groups and going out on hunts frequently (if you're interested in engaging in the system.) We don't want the play experience to be hoarding up huge quantities of items and running the same fight over and over.

There was a suggestion regarding being able to hold 3-5 lures and trophies. This could only be accomplished by making these items currencies, and we'd like to not further inflate the currency tab with dozens of esoteric items that will only be highly relevant for a limited amount of time. Also the same problem would still occur where your capacity is full and an item drops.

We do understand that for many, time is a limiting factor and you may be unable to form a hunt party except on certain days of the week and would like to farm on other days. As such we understand that you may run into a frustrating situation where an item is lost, but we feel that for most of the rare spawn drops, their rarity is not so exceptionally high that it's excruciating to lose one at the same time they're rare enough that during normal play it's not overly likely you'll be obtaining and losing huge quantities.

However, because we added an additional chance of obtaining the fangs from the heroic encounter and fishing as alternate sources—content you may be playing for other reasons, as opposed to explicitly hunting the rare spawns—there is a higher chance you may gain one of these items and see the text that it was lost. We may make adjustments to these reward tables so that these items do not drop when you are in possession of one. We hope that these adjustments, along with the adjustments to the Tyrannosaurus rex, will alleviate some of the frustration.
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    @asterdahl

What I'm hearing from you sounds like the exact opposite of what the players want.

Consider what we are doing in The Holy/Unholy Crusaders for instance. We have some players who, due to RL commitements and other time constraining factors, cannot play as much as others. Despite this we want to help these people progress alongside those who can play more. As such we hoard up RexFangs and other Trophies waiting for times when these people are available to do hunts for extra totems so they won't fall even further behind when it comes time to unlock the new dungeon.

Anything you do to reduce the efficiency of multi-hunting will be directly hurting those guildies that the other Guild Leaders, Officers and I have put so much time, effort and currency into helping. Please don't hurt my guildies.

I regret that we seem to in opposing positions on this issue. Please take this feedback into consideration moving forward.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Well in my opinion the mailbox saves the whole hunt. If we cant mail them then we have to run back to the hub and trade in way too often... Like as soon as we get a fang... There is already so much work and RNG if you make us work even more than now the loot is not gonna be worth it. Its almost already hard to motivate all that time and effort.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Some people in my alliance reported that they didnt get a fang from T Rex when soloing it. I killed 66 alone and got 66 fangs. I did that on my DC (yea it was long), my OP but mainly my HR.
    Can someone confirm the drop rate is 100% or is it actually not? I would say that 66/66 is not luck but well i might be wrong. I know that in party its 100%, we rolled on it, but solo?

As for the change in mailing the items, i'll implore next to the previous poster to really consider not doing so. I still try to maintain 4 toons in this zone and if you do that, its like asking me to sacrifice more of them. I was playing 7 classes some time ago. You're just encouraging us to give up on our toons and progress. I do not want to have to find a T rex fang on my dc (the OP is totally right with his post) if i get a Batiri trophy while doing my dailies. Its just impossible for us.

Please dont destroy the enjoyment i had in this module so far and please dont ask me to chose again one of my toons and get rid of the others because of a system that, in my opinion, doesnt make any sense if you think about implementing it.

Post edited by eolee on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    eolee said:

Some people in my alliance reported that they didnt get a fang from T Rex when soloing it. I killed 66 alone and got 66 fangs. I did that on my DC (yea it was long), my OP but mainly my HR.
    Can someone confirm the drop rate is 100% or is it actually not? I would say that 66/66 is not luck but well i might be wrong. I know that in party its 100%, we rolled on it, but solo?

As for the change in mailing the items, i'll implore next to the previous poster to really consider not doing so. I still try to maintain 4 toons in this zone and if you do that, its like asking me to sacrifice more of them. I was playing 8 classes some time ago. You're just encouraging us to give up on our toons and progress. I do not want to have to find a T rex fang on my dc (the OP is totally right with his post) if i get a Batiri trophy while doing my dailies. Its just impossible for us.

Please dont destroy the enjoyment i had in this module so far and please dont ask me to chose again one of my toons and get rid of the others because of a system that, in my opinion, doesnt make any sense if you think about implementing it.

Once, when the mod first hit the live servers, I got no fang from a solo killed T-Rex, and I can assure you it was a T-Rex and not a Tyrannosaur. However, since figuring out and testing the system, I have NEVER seen a fang not drop from a solo, or even from a single party. I assume it might either be just an extremely high chance (95-99%), or there could be a bug that causes no fang to drop if the last hit is something odd (like an entity spell or a neutral monster). I know at least two other people who had the same thing happen when they soloed a T-Rex for the first time.

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The more I read this thread, the less motivated I become to play this module.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options

So you are okay with us repeating the identical thing we were with mailboxes, but with alternate characters and the shared bank? This is only more annoying for players, and possibly more straining on your servers, so I am not exactly sure why this is considered an optimal solution.

If they can make an unbound item that can't be posted to the AH, they can probably likewise make it impossible to place in mail or the shared bank.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

Just to add another anecdotal voice, I've only managed to pick up items for hunts while fighting alone. My husband's archer can't survive Chult particularly well without teaming up with my DC, but if we're together, he gets all the drops. This is no big deal for us since we can trust each other to share fairly, but in general, all this DPS-check stuff sucks for supports, even with the ability to run a DPS loadout.

I'd just like to add some additional context here and possibly a correction or to highlight something else buggy that might be skewing my perspective.

We use Round Robin looting all the time. Thus, no rolls are triggered on anything. So we haven't triggered any rolls on trophy items, which would apparently be expected if you use the default setting to roll on rare or greater. If we had need/greed active, I guess I'd have gotten my chance at items too.

There are a couple of potential issues with this. First, apparently we need to change our normal loot setting if we want to complete a hunt. This is... good to find out now as opposed to later, I guess. I'm not sure why I was assuming hunts triggering a roll couldn't be overridden by personal settings. I guess because it's a new mechanic.

Second, Round Robin looting... isn't. You'd expect items to be somewhat evenly distributed, but we routinely see one person getting at least 90% of the drops. Most of it's junk so it doesn't matter.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    asterdahl said:

I misspoke, what I should have said was: given that the items are bound, you would be unable to ensure the desired player received the items if the loot was personal and unable to be lotted on.

In essence, yes.
    Wow. Just wow!

Well, this is pretty much a slap in the face of the players. We were hoping for a fix to at least some of the issues that @darthtzarr raised, but instead you say it is working as intended, and you will eliminate the workaround we have in order to make this even worse.

Wow!
    asterdahl said:

The hunt system is designed such that you should feel as if you want to go on the hunt reasonably often.

That's the point - we would like to go on hunts. What we don't like is the fact that 90% of the "hunt" time is actually not spent on the hunts, but on farming T-rex fangs, through a system that in inherently unfair and frustrating.

If I solo a T-rex, I would be pretty much guaranteed a fang, but I'm a DC, not a DPS class, so soloing it will take some time - and in all probability a group will show up, it will get killed quickly and I will get nothing.

So, grouping up for a T-rex "farm" run is the only way - but if you disable the workaround to allow people to mail extra fangs to themselves you also remove the incentive for people to stick around in a group after they have gotten "their" fang.

It will work for guild/friend groups, but grouping up with strangers? Forget it..... the system only encourages cliques - not general interaction and cooperation.

For a group of friends, well, they can run around, killing T-rexes until everyone has a fang - then go and buy 5 lures and do the same hunt 5 times in a row. That's what you want, right?
    asterdahl said:

However, because we added an additional chance of obtaining the fangs from the heroic encounter and fishing as alternate sources—content you may be playing for other reasons,

Other reasons? What other reasons? If there are any other reasons, I have not found them yet. I have been fishing a lot - not gotten any T-Rex fangs, but some other trophies. If I would not even have gotten those (because I would only be able to hold a single copy) then fishing would have been pretty much pointless. As for HEs....well, the only reason people do them (or rather the KoS one - nobody bothers with the other one - it's just an annoyance) is for the minuscule chance of a T-rex fang drop....and yea, in all the HEs I have done, I have gotten ONE T-rex fang. In fact I have heard people asking why they should be doing the KoS HE at all.

You created a system with an extremely annoying bottleneck, and now you are saying you will make it even worse by not allowing us to have a workaround.

You say you don't want people to run the same hunt many times in a row, but then at the same time you design the system so we are forced to do that. We need to farm the T-rex over and over in order to do the 1-star hunts over and over in order to do the 2-star hunts over and over in order to do the 3-star hunts over and over in order to get the best drops - and at the same time you want to discourage us from doing the same hunts over and over.

I mean...seriously?

One more example: If I'm in a T-Rex farm group, we can run between the two locations, and kill the the spawns. On the way I pass some big cats and kill them as well. Sometimes a smilodon appears. Do you really think players will consider it fun or motivating to pass by a rare spawn and know it will be pointless to kill them as you will not get anything because you already have that trophy?

The rewards from the hunt can be good, but if you make a bad design even worse, player frustration will rise significantly and the bottom line will simply be that you lose players.

When Mod 12 launched people had pretty high hopes. The dungeon was interesting and the hunts seemed interesting. Then we discovered that the actual hunts are just a minor part - 90% is just running around, looking for a T-Rex.

What you created was not a Hunt system - only a T-Rex farm.

Sorry.

And seriously - why does it sometimes feel like the designers are trying to annoy and frustrate the players? It's no wonder that even the most dedicated players are hesitant to recommend the game to their friends.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    asterdahl said:

However, because we added an additional chance of obtaining the fangs from the heroic encounter and fishing as alternate sources—content you may be playing for other reasons, as opposed to explicitly hunting the rare spawns—there is a higher chance you may gain one of these items and see the text that it was lost. We may make adjustments to these reward tables so that these items do not drop when you are in possession of one. We hope that these adjustments, along with the adjustments to the Tyrannosaurus rex, will alleviate some of the frustration.

So u say the fangs can be obtained through other ways like KoS, i did KoS for more then 50 times and not a single fang.

Well i got one fang from fishing but fishing sux for me. Fishing is boring and buggy as hell.

So what is this hunt system?

To keep the brainless bunnys running in circles? Till they can run one new dungeon? To obtain one new set of gear?
  • Options
    shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    @asterdahl you should go play your own game for a few hours and try to get some venomtail poison for example... then come back here and tell us how it's not a big deal to miss trophies cause they aren't that hard to get... seriously.
    Everyone pointed out literally every mistake with these systems and how you designed the hunts and trophies yet you keep going on and on about it supposed to be a team activity and so and potentially fun too.
    In real it's 99% solo grind for the trophies, the team activity is basically run to the hunting spot, spawn boss and get your junk loot after 5 secs. Such fun team activity!

After trying to do hunts for a few days now already i'm starting to realize it's a huge waste of time, all the grind for trophies, all the frustration of not being able to hold more at once and the absolutely useless drops makes me think i would have been better of running dungeons/skirms/stuffs. We tried the "team" approach too and that was basically run to the spot, spawn boss, boss dies in 5 secs, there's nothing fun as a team to do hunts. Of course after we all solo farmed the trophies.

If u want to make hunts indeed fun and an activity people would bother to do then listen to the feedback everyone gave here and put it to good use. Ignore it and this will simple be another activity very few or no one will bother will for longer then a few days.
  • Options

So you are okay with us repeating the identical thing we were with mailboxes, but with alternate characters and the shared bank? This is only more annoying for players, and possibly more straining on your servers, so I am not exactly sure why this is considered an optimal solution.

If they can make an unbound item that can't be posted to the AH, they can probably likewise make it impossible to place in mail or the shared bank.
    They would have to make them bound, or prevent them from being held by the same account repeatedly to stop me from sending them to a friend to send to an alt... through the trade window if necessary. What are they going to do to prevent this? Create a Bind on Trade bind state?

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    asterdahl said:

In essence, yes. The hunt system is designed such that you should feel as if you want to go on the hunt reasonably often. We'd like to see people forming groups and going out on hunts frequently (if you're interested in engaging in the system.) We don't want the play experience to be hoarding up huge quantities of items and running the same fight over and over.

There was a suggestion regarding being able to hold 3-5 lures and trophies. This could only be accomplished by making these items currencies, and we'd like to not further inflate the currency tab with dozens of esoteric items that will only be highly relevant for a limited amount of time. Also the same problem would still occur where your capacity is full and an item drops.

We do understand that for many, time is a limiting factor and you may be unable to form a hunt party except on certain days of the week and would like to farm on other days. As such we understand that you may run into a frustrating situation where an item is lost, but we feel that for most of the rare spawn drops, their rarity is not so exceptionally high that it's excruciating to lose one at the same time they're rare enough that during normal play it's not overly likely you'll be obtaining and losing huge quantities.

So hunting is just as player-unfriendly and annoying as fishing was in the mods before. I am just glad that you did not make it a mandatory part of the campaign, at least in this sense you devs seem to have learned something from your mistakes. I will happily skip it.

Sorry if I sound a bit aggressive (it is nothing personal), but I can only shake my head in disbelief at such a statement of yours.

Edit: Btw, if you write "will alleviate some of the frustration" doesn't that ring the alarm bells in your head? I mean, telling from this statement you (the studio) obviously KNOW that you cause frustration on the players, even more, you obviously did it ON PURPOSE, and you "feel" that you should do something to only remove SOME of this frustration...? Is that really what you are saying...?
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

How long people need to do this for +5 ring?)

Secound try on battiri boss ( dunno the name right now in english, srs) my sweetie got a +5 power/recovery ring. Ist again only rng. After that we made almost 50 hunts on every 1 star and every 2 star boss= No +5 rings anymore....lets see what the king drops.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    jonkoca said:

Trexs should just auto-drop teeth for the entire party. I mean it's a trex. They don't come in any other variety than having a whole bunch of teeth. In their mouths even. I've seen fossils and everything. Teeth, huge teeth, lots of them.

What if we break all of the teeth while killing it?
    Post edited by darthtzarr on