test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T-Rex Fangs - Add Teamwork to Chult

Comments

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

Thinking further about the rarity of spawns as well as the rarity of drop and what is 'intended' with the unique tag of the items. So you're saying you don't want us to be able to mail these items to ourselves?

So say I'm wandering through the zone, doing one of my quests for the day/week. I stumble upon a pack of Eotyrannus', I kill them knowing that they have a chance to drop a talon. Hey! A talon dropped! Well at this point I am encouraged to immediately drop everything I'm doing to go farm TRex's until I get a fang and god-forbid I stumble across another group of Eotyrannus'. So now I'm farming TRex's, except the only thing that is spawning for 20 minutes are normal Tyrannosaurs. Finally an actual TRex! I viciously murder it... no fang. Well dang! More Rex farming! *indeterminate amount of time later* Sweet I got a RexFang! Now I want to make this lure and do this hunt, ok cool. Well I should probly ask my guildies if anyone wants to come along for the extra totems from the hunt. Found a few people, group is formed. Oh wait we all have to go back to the Port and come into the River together or enter the River seperately, form the group... wait 2 minutes and move to the same instance as each other. Thankfully I'm in a group with guildies and they're just coming along to get totems so there wont be the usual PUG argument about who gets loot and who's allowed to roll on what. Our hunt is now complete, 75% chance it was just a +1 ring so no one cares. Now its an hour later and I can go back to finishing up my dailies... kill some Yuan-ti and save some unfortunate Templars.. ooooh look, a couple of Smilodons... but if I stop and kill them and by some miracle actually get a smilodon tooth to drop I'll have to start the whole process over again, because if I continue doing my dailies and stumble across any other Smilodons I'll be non-plus'd at the concept of killing them knowing I have that trophy in my bags already.. and those smilodon tooth's are so damn rare I would be insane to consider killing any while I have one in my bags.. but I can't just walk away.. I mean, Smilodons are so rare to begin with.. by now its 2 hours later and I still haven't completed the daily quest I set out to do in the beginning of this story/rant.

You see where I'm going with this right?

Would you want to be put in this situation? What about the people who only have a certain amount of time per day or week to play the game? How will they ever feel like they're progressing if they have to drop what they're doing periodically to do a Hunt simultaneously avoiding any group of mobs from which they already possess a trophy?

I implore You, all of You; to think very carefully about this system and any changes you may or may not implement.

HAHAHA this is exactly how it is without a mailbox.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    How long till the Chult Campaign completion token arrives? Think I'll pull the old "SKT" plan and skip this one except for the dungeon. I don't think the dungeon requires the hunts to be completed....right?
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited August 2017

How long till the Chult Campaign completion token arrives? Think I'll pull the old "SKT" plan and skip this one except for the dungeon. I don't think the dungeon requires the hunts to be completed....right?

The hunts are a completely separate mechanic which gives gear, achievements, and bonus (uncapped) totems. I am personally running it to unlock the dungeon next Monday. If you ignore hunts completely, it's a fairly straightforward campaign that is probably easier to complete than most for well geared characters. I feels smooth to complete, similar to how Dread Ring does.

It is a very engaging side mechanic though, and I would hate to see anyone miss out on it due to poor loot mechanics, which is why I brought up the fact that supports are having extreme trouble getting T-Rex fangs.

EDIT - Sorry I meant "doesn't count towards weekly haul" there is still a weekly cap of 25 totems from hunts

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

bonus (uncapped) totems.
    the totems it gives are capped at 25 per week so it DOES NOT give uncapped totems but it's 25 addition to the weekly haul is all :)

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    If you main is a 15 foot tall guy wielding a sledgehammer, sure, trex with no teeth could be a thing.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @oldbaldyone said:
    > How long till the Chult Campaign completion token arrives? Think I'll pull the old "SKT" plan and skip this one except for the dungeon. I don't think the dungeon requires the hunts to be completed....right?

---

I think its straight up the middle track on the campaign window? I'm still going to do the boons, even if Power x3? is the only appealing one.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    i have read some of the comments here and as one of the people who used the hunt mechanic a lot i can say this
    1)The Mechanic in itself is very awsome even in parties i simply saved up 30 fang and other lures and then i invited my friends so they can also get totems and some loot wich might not be good for me in anyway so we agree if anyone wnats the item that person np^resses need and the others press pass now this works becuase we are freineds and trust each other and the loot is satisfactory to all this way

2)fi we cannot have more than 1 trophy at a time in anyway i'm totally dropping this mechanic as it is no longer friendly to waste time on it anymore even thoguh with the huge amount i aleready did i saw no +5 ring whatsoever so we can assume drop rate on them is the usualy 0.000000001% but no matter still trying here to get 2 of them to use on my main

3)at least if you don't want to make us able to have more trophiers keep the system as it is so we can store them in mail or bank please don't kill the mechanic because of a boring and frustrating system to face against the ability of not being able to have more trophies at a time

over all this hunt mechanic is awsome part from bugged spli-tii wich i beileive should get fixed in tomorrow's update so please take your time devs and think this through i really don't want this mechanic to die or feel like i wasted my time grinding for it because so far it discourage me to groupe with people other than close and trustworthy friends that will make sure to share loot to whoever wants
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

[...]
    We recommend that you actually hunt Tyrannosaurus rex as a team, as that will ensure your team can defeat him and that you get loot. However, we are aware that the congestion hunting tyrannosauruses is too high at the moment. We plan to introduce a third tyrannosaurus patrol, as well as potentially making additional adjustments.
    [...]

From my personal experience, when you do a PUG for hunting you get scammed most of the time.

The leader is changing the loot type to "Leader decides" while in combat with the TRex and then he autogives the loot to himself.

That's pretty cool and the way it's currently going if you are not doing party with friends or guildies.

So, please, change the loot to individual like it's currently for Heroic Encounters.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    nisckis said:

So, please, change the loot to individual like it's currently for Heroic Encounters.

It would be great if it worked like individual loot from bosses in a dungeon. I like picking it up off the ground :D

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options

nisckis said:

It would be great if it worked like individual loot from bosses in a dungeon. I like picking it up off the ground :D
    That's something I can live with too :)
  • Options
    bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I love the idea behind hunting, BUT the drop rate for any loot is not worth the trouble. and as a support class, after reading this, makes me want to give up. very very depressing that support classes are treated so poorly. STOP making everything a DPS race. im at 3200 gear level, so the content is not to difficult for me, more annoying. but,,,,when a dps class runs by and kills everything 5, or 10 times as fast, and NOW i find they get rewarded with the loot?
    i am a tank, i have built my toon to SUPPORT a party!!! but if your gonna punish me for being a support class, i should just quit. makes me want to NOT play as a team with anyone knowing that i don't have a chance to get the loot, even when it takes me 5 or 10 times as long,,,,,,,BECAUSE i am not dps.
    this is an issue i have actually been thinking exists in other areas of the game, like illusionist gambit? as it stands i have gotten 2 fangs, and can't even count how many times i have killed the damn dino!!!
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    asterdahl said:

This is something we've been investigating how to approach and I did not want to respond until I had a concrete answer. We are currently testing the following adjustment: all players who deal damage, regardless of the amount, will have a chance to receive a trophy when the monster is defeated. In cases where players are in a group, all players will receive a chance. (Whether you are in a group or not will make no difference, essentially, if it it dies and you hit it, you may see a trophy drop to the ground.)

For those who had been speculating about the drop chance of the Tyrannosaurus rex fang, it was and still is 100%; however, as others have pointed out, if you were engaged at the same time as other players, you may not have received credit. It's also the case that if you already had one in your inventory, you would not see one drop. Although similar to the heroic encounter credit issue, this is a slightly different issue. As Neverwinter does not have the concept of "claiming" an enemy, loot is determined by the most damage dealt (or, simply given to everyone) on a case by case basis, with "damage dealt" being the most common.

In summary, once this change is live, all players who contribute even a single point of damage to a Tyrannosaurus rex kill will receive a fang, regardless of whether they are in a party or not. For all other rare spawns, all players who contribute will receive a chance at earning a trophy. This chance has not been adjusted from the original value, so the overall number of trophies entering player possession will increase. No adjustments have been made to 1 star hunt marks and above.

This change needs some additional time in testing as we were already close to finalizing this week's build when these changes were made, so I apologize that it will not be going live sooner. This week's build will feature the increased chance of the Tyrannosaurus rex appearing as well as an adjustment to trophy items such that they will not drop from the heroic encounter or fishing if you already have one.

Finally, we have adjusted credit for the quest Merchant Prince's Bounty, on all rare monsters, such that if you contribute to the kill of a rare monster, you should always receive credit for "slaying a hunt mark." In addition, the text on this quest has been updated to clarify that both rare monsters and lured hunt marks will count for credit.

Then something else is wrong because I (DC) have solo'd several t-rex and not gotten a fang. Are those little raptor HAMSTER stealing my fang? I have also solo'd KoS (on preview) and didn't get a fang. This weekend I completed 6 hours of fishing and 29 KoS before I got a t-rex fang. Not counting the time to find a KoS, we are talking about 9 hours of farming to get one fang, alternatively I guess the trade market for fangs is an option. Whole lot easier to farm 100K AD to trade for a fang in 9 hours than to earn one.

This is a huge disparity with my DPS friends. I have partied and fought KoS with people who got a t-rex fang drop that I 100% of the time out rank in paingiver in dungeons. Is it possible that RNGesus can have disfavor for a particular class or person? At first, when people said the highest dps wins I was inclined to believe them until I solo'd some.

I remember the old system of dragons from mod 4. All the tanks and dcs started standing in red to take more damage, we called in bording (none HE) mobs to increase the encounter time (longer the fight, the more damage received and healed). We turned off all available buffing/debuffing mechanics. We never rezd players (dead players couldn't dps). Basically we had to become total trolls, is that what has to happen to get a fang this mod?

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I should call out that the inability to get fangs for supporting classes means less totems for support classes from hunts. This will slow their progress through the campaign. So prepare for some delay from support classes in reaching dungeons, unlocking boons, etc.

so the popular "Why can't I ever find a DC for this" will be followed with the, sorry it will take two more weeks of farming to get that unlocked.
  • Options
    @asterdahl thanks a lot, with this incoming change there will be no more scams.

Once again, thanks a lot for the clarifications and the change :)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

I should call out that the inability to get fangs for supporting classes means less totems for support classes from hunts. This will slow their progress through the campaign. So prepare for some delay from support classes in reaching dungeons, unlocking boons, etc.

so the popular "Why can't I ever find a DC for this" will be followed with the, sorry it will take two more weeks of farming to get that unlocked.

At the very least, take responsibility for inviting your support buddies on hunts to get them bonus currency, or you have no right to complain.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    asterdahl said:

In summary, once this change is live, all players who contribute even a single point of damage to a Tyrannosaurus rex kill will receive a fang, regardless of whether they are in a party or not. For all other rare spawns, all players who contribute will receive a chance at earning a trophy.

Riiiight - now, this sounds good. really good. I think this will pretty much solve the problems people have been having,
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    arabatur said:

The more I read this thread, the less motivated I become to play this module.

So much, this. Every grind piled on grind combined with unique drops and DPS wins-all
    equals me ignoring hunting altogether. Depressing just to read this stuff.

So, if you wanna help me, shorten the visual range of the dinos.
    Can't even speed past them while jamming myself off to the side.
    I'm not here to collect wandering monster experience points.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

asterdahl said:

This is something we've been investigating how to approach and I did not want to respond until I had a concrete answer. We are currently testing the following adjustment: all players who deal damage, regardless of the amount, will have a chance to receive a trophy when the monster is defeated. In cases where players are in a group, all players will receive a chance. (Whether you are in a group or not will make no difference, essentially, if it it dies and you hit it, you may see a trophy drop to the ground.)

For those who had been speculating about the drop chance of the Tyrannosaurus rex fang, it was and still is 100%; however, as others have pointed out, if you were engaged at the same time as other players, you may not have received credit. It's also the case that if you already had one in your inventory, you would not see one drop. Although similar to the heroic encounter credit issue, this is a slightly different issue. As Neverwinter does not have the concept of "claiming" an enemy, loot is determined by the most damage dealt (or, simply given to everyone) on a case by case basis, with "damage dealt" being the most common.

In summary, once this change is live, all players who contribute even a single point of damage to a Tyrannosaurus rex kill will receive a fang, regardless of whether they are in a party or not. For all other rare spawns, all players who contribute will receive a chance at earning a trophy. This chance has not been adjusted from the original value, so the overall number of trophies entering player possession will increase. No adjustments have been made to 1 star hunt marks and above.

This change needs some additional time in testing as we were already close to finalizing this week's build when these changes were made, so I apologize that it will not be going live sooner. This week's build will feature the increased chance of the Tyrannosaurus rex appearing as well as an adjustment to trophy items such that they will not drop from the heroic encounter or fishing if you already have one.

Finally, we have adjusted credit for the quest Merchant Prince's Bounty, on all rare monsters, such that if you contribute to the kill of a rare monster, you should always receive credit for "slaying a hunt mark." In addition, the text on this quest has been updated to clarify that both rare monsters and lured hunt marks will count for credit.

Then something else is wrong because I (DC) have solo'd several t-rex and not gotten a fang. Are those little raptor HAMSTER stealing my fang? I have also solo'd KoS (on preview) and didn't get a fang. This weekend I completed 6 hours of fishing and 29 KoS before I got a t-rex fang. Not counting the time to find a KoS, we are talking about 9 hours of farming to get one fang, alternatively I guess the trade market for fangs is an option. Whole lot easier to farm 100K AD to trade for a fang in 9 hours than to earn one.

This is a huge disparity with my DPS friends. I have partied and fought KoS with people who got a t-rex fang drop that I 100% of the time out rank in paingiver in dungeons. Is it possible that RNGesus can have disfavor for a particular class or person? At first, when people said the highest dps wins I was inclined to believe them until I solo'd some.

I remember the old system of dragons from mod 4. All the tanks and dcs started standing in red to take more damage, we called in bording (none HE) mobs to increase the encounter time (longer the fight, the more damage received and healed). We turned off all available buffing/debuffing mechanics. We never rezd players (dead players couldn't dps). Basically we had to become total trolls, is that what has to happen to get a fang this mod?

Are you sure it was a Tyrannosaurus Rex and not a regular Tyrannosaur that you soloed? There are two versions of the mob, the regular tyrannosaur and the rare version the big tyrannosaurus rex. Only the rex drops the fang but you need to kill the regular ones to get the rex to spawn in it's place.
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

The silence on the DPS vs. Support classes issue is disconcerting

Please Tell Us Will Spli-tii be fixed tomorrow this is so effed up we cna't do Spli-tii for ribbed bones to get our last Lure for KOS i have not seen problem with getting T-rex fangs so far seems easy to get 7 in 1 hour if u do it proper way and other trophies also not hard to get if u have some patience and time but the drop rate for good rings rediculastely low and considering we roll for it that's so messed up at least have the spli-tii fixed and raise drop rate a little but please for the +5 rings i have done exactly 136 hunt with lure of both 2star and 1 star and have not yet seen any +5 cmon what is this now it's aleready enough that we need to waste some time looking for lures and stuff please raise drop rate let us have them there isn't even payment for keys to get rigns from zen market so why this low drop rate? unless you are going to introduce the trophies to zen market later on..

this seemed like a lot of complaint just please look at drop rates once more for rings and loot and don't forget we aleready ahve to roll for it if in party that means u can do thousands and thousands of hunts and never get ring u want
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

The silence on the DPS vs. Support classes issue is disconcerting

THANK YOU! I can't tell you the level of frustration I'm feeling with these hunts after attacking a T-Rex twice on my pally only to walk away with NOTHING because the DPS came to 'help'. This is after spending what seems like hours trying to take it and (earlier) its lesser kin down. This type of solution will be a welcome relief from the hours spent farming only to end up empty handed.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    So why are this fixes not on live server immediately? But the dev's fixed the tomb dungeon which is not even free to play in the next weeks, because you have to grind the opening on this dungeon.

Even the 1* hunt which is bugged from the start of this mod is not fixed.

Is this a new time gate for the content we have to play?
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    This change kinda sucks. I can alrdy see the ppl just camping the spawn doing 1 hit and then afking :/
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Thank you for the change. It makes me stop wishing ill on any dps characters who rush in to 'help' minutes into the solo fight.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

This change kinda sucks. I can alrdy see the ppl just camping the spawn doing 1 hit and then afking :/

So don't worry about other people. Just do you and let the dinos do them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

< As Neverwinter does not have the concept of "claiming" an enemy, loot is determined by the most damage dealt (or, simply given to everyone) on a case by case basis, with "damage dealt" being the most common.

So am I the only one that paused to reread this particular part? Are you telling us that damage dealt in regards to loot rewards is the most common formula? That would explain a lot in my ~4 years of playing and observing the loot rewards in parties.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    silence1x said:

asterdahl said:

< As Neverwinter does not have the concept of "claiming" an enemy, loot is determined by the most damage dealt (or, simply given to everyone) on a case by case basis, with "damage dealt" being the most common.

So am I the only one that paused to reread this particular part? Are you telling us that damage dealt in regards to loot rewards is the most common formula? That would explain a lot in my ~4 years of playing and observing the loot rewards in parties.

that is how i read it too. feeling pretty screwed over now.
    next question who in there right mind, under any circumstance thought that dps as a measure is fair?
    if you participate,,,,,,you should get FULL credit! do not care who healed more, or who dps'd more, or who tripped more. if you try you should get full credit period. and here i thought i was the only one with REALLY bad rng, now i know,,,,,,i was the lowest on the loot chain.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    silence1x said:

asterdahl said:

This does not apply to parties. I was only referring to two players in the open world fighting the same enemy. Your damage dealt has no impact on the rarity of the loot you will receive in a group, or anything to that effect. If you were both fighting the same enemy and not in the same party, the loot it drops directly to the ground would generally only go to the player that did the most damage. There are exceptions with certain quest rewards, etc.
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

silence1x said:

asterdahl said:

This does not apply to parties. I was only referring to two players in the open world fighting the same enemy. Your damage dealt has no impact on the rarity of the loot you will receive in a group, or anything to that effect. If you were both fighting the same enemy and not in the same party, the loot it drops directly to the ground would generally only go to the player that did the most damage. There are exceptions with certain quest rewards, etc.
    so, um tell me you want to encourage us to party up, play nicely together, great. only now your saying we sorta punish the support classes WHO are generally about supporting party play. How does that compute? why even have dps counter in the equation for loot? in ANY content.