test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.80.20170417a.3

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance and the release of Shroud of Souls can be found here.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    What if we prefer the Lifesilk Spinneret without the skirt?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    uhm...
    To address this, players now receive x3 Guild Marks when donating Frozen Treasures, and 1/3 as many Guild Marks when donating Treasures of Tyranny.
    Considering that Treasures of Tyranny are a big bottleneck for many guilds, getting only a third of the guild marks will discourage people from spending time on farming for those, possibly making the (shortage) situation even worse.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    People actually look at the currency gain when working on their SH instead of current most needed items or what they are most capable of contributing? (The low return on Frozen actually was weird, in hindsight.)

Meh, I'm always hitting my mark cap on 14 characters. I have zero perspective on this stuff anymore.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    adinosii said:

Considering that Treasures of Tyranny are a big bottleneck for many guilds, getting only a third of the guild marks will discourage people from spending time on farming for those, possibly making the (shortage) situation even worse.

what should happen is that influence gets boosted to 2x its current guild mark value. every guild always needs influence, or knows a guild who does. that would be really helpful change.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    While the profession bag increase is VERY VERY welcome, I'd like to also impress upon you just how badly we need a fashion tab. Between masterwork fashion (which is BoP), Zen store fashion, fashion from packs, and event fashion, it's killing us!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    oh boy...

This phrase gives me pause...

--------------------
    "players must have completed the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign story arc."

--------------
    Does this mean you must have completed Epic/Master Spellplague Caverns before you can do the Shroud of Souls campaign?

Given that the last quest in the "story arc" is to go into master Spellplague caverns, it sure seems like it is the case. Thats mmeans you had better get your ilvl above appx 10600.

--------------
    paging Nitocris/etc for an response.

B)
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I seriously doubt it. It much more likely means that you've completed chapter 5 in the CA quest chain. No dungeon would be required if that is the case. Having done the first Shroud intro quest on preview, that would make sense. The story arcs tie together.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    baeyorn said:

oh boy...

This phrase gives me pause...

--------------------
    "players must have completed the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign story arc."

--------------
    Does this mean you must have completed Epic/Master Spellplague Caverns before you can do the Shroud of Souls campaign?

Given that the last quest in the "story arc" is to go into master Spellplague caverns, it sure seems like it is the case. Thats mmeans you had better get your ilvl above appx 10600.

--------------
    paging Nitocris/etc for an response.

B)

I haven't checked it personally, but I heard someone else say in-game that on preview, you only needed to have completed Chapter 5 from Neverember to unlock it.

I totally believe that is true, because the alternative is insane, even for them.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    So we need masterwork items and we can get one of theese at MSP...i dont know if this is a good idea without so long as the drops in MSP are so bad, that no one in my guild/FL will do that...but anyway:
    Im very excited about theese SH changes. Hope it will help the guilds to get higher levels. Thx for it.

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    I just hope they make these new drops unbound. Otherwhise they will be wothless to everyone without mastercraftig
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    tom#6998 said:

I just hope they make these new drops unbound. Otherwhise they will be wothless to everyone without mastercraftig

baeyorn said:

oh boy...

(insert shameless self-promotion here)

Both of those questions are answered in the mini-guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qkkDNP1TvPpGYhor1okaa4eooKW5crWZ7BkAH5VEwvg/edit?usp=sharing

Basically, the special Masterwork drops are BoP/BtC - meaning that some people might want to only do Masterwork on characters capable of farming FBI/mSVA/mSP, and the items are clearly not meant as a source of income for others.

Also, you just need to have finished chapter 5, although story-wise (involving a certain slightly mad illusionist) it makes most sense to do the new story after you have been through Spellplague Caverns.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    RIP they could also just call this mod loadouts by now.
  • Options
    user223user223 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I saw in preview that Transcendent Lifedrinker got a nice buff, doubling their Life Steal chance to 10%, up from 5%. In the preview there?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @magenubbie Look, here are the patch notes. Since I forgot to mention you in this thread so that you can find them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    "Forgehammer of Gond: This artifact power's cooldown is no longer affected by cooldown reduction."

-disgusted noise-
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

And, "Many items which previously could not be sold or discarded have been changed to use a new "safe discard" feature. When discarding these types of items, the player will need to confirm the discard by entering the word "discard" into the confirmation box." This is great, please add this to all things that're valuable. Like Epic+ gear, R7+ enchantments, etc... I don't think anybody would usually discard those intentionally.

I would love to see this, too. It's far too easy to dispose of something valuable. The feature would benefit stronghold mimic donations as well (though a trade-like dialog with the mimic would be even better.)

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Mirage effec on the comapnion is really dean then , i'm happy that i didnt bought that set on my GF since i would do only for that effect/bug that was really nice you know :'(

Guess i have use my Paranoid Delusion on my CW again...
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Kudos and thank you for these good additions/changes:
    "New Storyline: Shroud of Souls"
    "We've made an update to the Item Level system"
    "Loadouts"
    "Stronghold Updates"
    "Auction ... searches that include gem slots now properly return items with the expected number of slots."
    "Certain Enchantment powers that did not take Armor Penetration and Resistance into consideration now properly do so.
    "Legacy mounts can now be claimed"

All good. Thanks.

"Spellplague Caverns [Nostra fixes]"
    Lack of rewards in SP is a major issue.
    Is there a single player who will be more likely to run MSP due to this change?
    My guess is no. I won't. The community has posted half a dozen threads telling the devs we need better rewards for MSP.
    Message received... and ignored.
    Edit

I have to say this...
    Skirt on Spinnerette Armor: important.
    GF Broken Capstones: not important.
    Noted.
    Post edited by dread4moor on
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Skirt on Spinnerette Armor: important.

It wasn't that important. GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!

Seriously, I liked the way my CW looked without the skirt.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    For some of us the missing skirt is important and we hated how it looked without the skirt. The missing parts of the design was a bug, we all knew this.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Less skirts, more fixes please!
  • Options
    xfalseprophetxxfalseprophetx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    someone borked the resource vendor slider bar and now I have to buy things 1 by 1 , pls fix this
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Yay.. sit tech for chairs :smile: can we maybe get a lie down for beds as well?
    I always found it kinda lame in mmo's that you would run into an private room/house/etc and would have to stand on the furniture. .. for me this is AWESOME! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2017

someone borked the resource vendor slider bar and now I have to buy things 1 by 1 , pls fix this

They are aware of it:
    terramak said:

On Our Radar
    We're continuing to look into the following issues:

• Stronghold Marauders: Latency issues have been reported while engaging in this content.
      • We are investigating ways to reduce this latency, and have some minor improvements in the works, but are still investigating whether we can make more significant improvements.
    • "Device Removed" and "Out of Memory" crashes have been reported.
      • These are being investigated.
    • Explorer's Boon: Inconsistent behavior has been reported.
      • This is under investigation.
    • Profession Vendors: Profession items cannot be purchased in bulk.
      • A fix for this is in internal testing.
    • Chat and Character History: Certain strings are incorrectly being replaced by @#$!
      • A fix for this is in internal testing.
      That's not all the issues that have been reported, but these are some of the higher profile ones we have in progress.
  • Options
    enoch#7460 enoch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Personally I am tired of new mods that are best for VIP players. The Dev's should find a way to count how many treasure chests are discarded because of a lack of zen. With no counter to this issue, we will always have to beg for the "Cash Cow" mentality to be more reasonable towards non-vip's.
  • Options

Personally I am tired of new mods that are best for VIP players.

I'm not sure if you are talking about 11B, but at least I fail to see what VIP has to do with it.
  • Options
    danievdwdanievdw Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Personally I am tired of new mods that are best for VIP players. The Dev's should find a way to count how many treasure chests are discarded because of a lack of zen. With no counter to this issue, we will always have to beg for the "Cash Cow" mentality to be more reasonable towards non-vip's.

Nah, ViP is awesome. The game needs it to survive and to grow.

What they should do, in my opinion, is make it easier for people with ViP to maintain it. Raise max daily AD to 50k from 36k. Raise the RAD bonus on invocations, or give bonus RAD, same as invocations. Also throw in another Enchanted key at lvl 10 or something.

This way more people will want to get ViP, which is great for the game and great for the players. There are tons of unbought Zen sitting in the exchange waiting for something like this.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

All long term players have VIP, this means the only people who are punished by not having VIP are the transient players. Transient players are those that come into the game reach a certain lvl or ilvl and move on. Often coming back for new mods then leaving again. There is nothing wrong with them either paying for VIP or having a slight disadvantage for not investing the time in game for VIP.

I fail to understand how mods benefit VIP's in ways besides how its advertised so you will have to clarify your point.

I wish we could get a change to how campaign keys are made.

Would be nice if more than one campaigns weekly gave you the currency to manufacture one campaign key a week.

This discussion has been closed.