test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal error

vernando122vernando122 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Hi, since the shroud of souls release I haven't been able to play the game, it gives me a "Fatal error Direct3D driver returned error code. I've tried Force verify, safe mode, but the game keeps crashing, crashes in character selection screen or once I choose a character. My setup is a laptop, wind 10, integrated graphics, 4g of ram. Before the new patch it never crash for me. Please anyone help me.

Comments

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Same issue I'm having.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options

Every. Single. Time. i was able to log in long enough to see that my feats had been reset on one character. Could not invoke or move 3 steps in any direction. I got a black screen and then that message popped up.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• Options
    Yeah, same message for me.
  • Options
    nizzde9nizzde9 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    i have the same msg
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating this. Thanks!
  • Options
    draslyodraslyo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    since yesterday after update game lags or just freezes. had no issue before update. uninstall then reinstall and same lag and screen freeze
  • Options
    Thank you @nitocris83
  • Options
    kinshiro1982#4359 kinshiro1982 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here, cant play anymore :'(
  • Options
    ciepal3ciepal3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    same problem on my computer Direct3d Errors or OUT_ofmemory error...earlier before patch everything worked well
  • Options
    tinem#3604 tinem Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issues here, my game keep crashing :(
  • Options
    crystah#0734 crystah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am having the same issue. I keep getting Fatal Error too. I never crashed until after this latest update. Please let me know how I can fix this or is this unfixable. I really like this game. It's taken me years to find one that I can play and ENJOY! I hope this gets resolved soon.
  • Options
    bozzomalditobozzomaldito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I know about 28 players who are having this same problem.
    Many players asking for help in forums and facebook groups
  • Options
    streeborstreebor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    First crash I had after the update was when i tried to open lockbox. After restarting the game my last VIP key was gone and no loot... *sigh.

Second crash was like, random i suppose...

I've updated my graphic card drivers, verified NW files... still crashing. Getting d3d fatal error as shown above.

Then, I've noticed that game crashes when im browsing AH and trying to filter items in dropdown menus. (2 slots, feats etc..) the moment i hit the dropdown menu button, game crashes. Tried this 3 times in a row just to be sure.

My graphic card is: XFX 7750 800M 1GB DDR5 VGA, HDMI, DVI Sniper Elite V2 FireFall game, if that helps.
    Never had that kind of problems before the update.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    https://postimg.org/image/t8k5ur47l/

Still having the same problem after patch.
  • Options
    skolino#2736 skolino Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I DO NOT BELIEVE IT, I WANT THE NEVERWINTER BACK, THE OWN GAME IS TRANSFERRING, IT'S NOT THE PC
  • Options
    redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    This is totally insane, how can you take a game with 15 million players and screw the graphics so bad that half cant log on? Starting with the first graphics nerf I started having disconnect errors, now the game is practically unplayable. I am very disappointed not that anyone cares, maybe quit for a few months and see if it can be fixed, if not, time to find something else. Thanks to all involved.
  • Options
    streeborstreebor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yesterday after the patch everything was ok in my case. Bizzare thing is, game ran better with default graphic settings (everything maxed) than lowered ones I tampered with. :|
  • Options
    redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    So, crashing while standing still, here are some steps i have taken, at first I thought maybe it was my cards being that they are 290x running in crossfire, so installed msi afterburner and tweaked some voltages and timings, did ok for a week or so, then another patch, found a program Clockblocker which keeps your cards at max even in idle, game seemed more stable running both of these programs, now, with new update or patch, crash standing still.

I have found that I can run any other game out at this time on max settings except this one, so with that, its the game not mine or your pc systems.
  • Options
    Update: after the may 5th patch, I still getting Fatal Error crash, game is unplayable to me since may 2nd.
  • Options

Update: after the may 5th patch, I still getting Fatal Error crash, game is unplayable to me since may 2nd.

Same for me. :| My husband and I both play this game, He uses the desktop and I use my laptop. It hasn't been a problem but he doesn't play without me, so that's two people with nearly maxed PVE support characters that aren't playing right now until this is fix happens. So much for loadouts, finishing my campaigns or finishing unlocking tier 3 masterwork stuff. If I can't play I can't earn guild marks and these structures my guild built only last 1 week so, I'm out of luck I guess. -sigh-
    --

• Options
    @bitt3rnightmar3 I know, its crazy they haven't fix this issue already.
  • Options
    @vernando122 I have hopes that they will do something about it. I've sent them everything I can to hopefully help and give feedback. I'm missing out on a lot of extra AD during double seals this weekend :( Totally bummed right now. I hope the issues is something that can be fixed. I don't think it's my computer but I need to know if it is so I can do something about it. The not knowing is making me crazy.
    --

• Options
    @bitt3rnightmar3 I feel you, I was looking forward to the event too :s
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I know you guys are probably just as frustrated as I am. If you're still getting crashes please keep posting information about them on this thread >>>> https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230708/shroud-of-souls-preview-patch-notes-nw-80-20170417a-7-updated-5-4/p1<<<< so the Devs can find it right away and get back to trying to fix it. @Terramak Has responded to this thread and I've been sending him all the info I can so he can help get it fixed for us. Give them details if possible. I know this is affecting a bunch of people and it's not just us but the more details they have maybe it will help them figure out the problem.

I hope we can get back into neverwinter soon.
    --