What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal error

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dropbears#2552 dropbears Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Any idea when that may happen? Because I've yet to have a single day playing this game without a crash or device hung issue... and I really do enjoy it amongst the pauses and reloads and stuff. :)
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Any idea when that may happen? Because I've yet to have a single day playing this game without a crash or device hung issue... and I really do enjoy it amongst the pauses and reloads and stuff. :)

Usually, the builds that are on preview to test are the same ones that go live the following week if they are in the same module we're in. In the patch notes for the current build it lists 'Shroud of Souls' so that would lead me to believe that on this coming Thursday, June 1st the build would patched to live. It might be worth checking to make sure the build on preview is working for you too if you haven't already.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231474/shroud-of-souls-preview-patch-notes-nw-80-20170515e-4/p1
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options

Usually, the builds that are on preview to test are the same ones that go live the following week if they are in the same module we're in. In the patch notes for the current build it lists 'Shroud of Souls' so that would lead me to believe that on this coming Thursday, June 1st the build would patched to live. It might be worth checking to make sure the build on preview is working for you too if you haven't already.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231474/shroud-of-souls-preview-patch-notes-nw-80-20170515e-4/p1
    No dice. Logged in well enough. Had the guitar in hand waiting because the loading bar was much longer than normal, which I assumed was normal for a first time on the preview screen, and then my character stood there for a few minutes and it all crashed out with Device Removed, Device Hung comments again.

No luck yet.
  • Options
    roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Still crashing :(
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

oh noes! What kind of system are you using?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User

oh noes! What kind of system are you using?

Crashes after 10 - 15 minutes. Only started 16 May, was fine before this.
    HP Pavillion i5 processor with Intel Iris 5100, 8GB ram

• Options
    edited June 2017
    ixanatar said:

I can affirm that the recent patch finally fixed my FATAL ERROR crash issues.

The game even felt a whole lot different when I went back at playing last night; it was fluid and smooth, just like it was before May 2nd.

Thanks to the DEV team for the repair-job. I appreciate it.

That is encouraging that it's making a difference, whatever they are fine-tuning. Now to get it working again for the rest of us who still have the issue. :)

Just gave the game a try again today (been forgetting to at least log in, open a daily lockbox, then crash, etc) and it died after about five minutes of standing still cleaning out bags.

The device hung issue this time apparently was due to trying to sync something or other, which is different to previously when it was about vertexes or something, if that helps at all.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    The fatal error issue is much better but not fixed completely. And is it me or does the game seem even more laggy than usual these days? I can barely move around Lonelywood for example.
  • Options
    vernando122vernando122 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Yeah the crashes are much less, but my laptop still gets extremely hot and I do get a out of memory crash from time to time.