What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Weapon Enhancement Changes

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    Yep, the Lightning enchant doesn't proc on my OP's Burning Light or Divine Judgement daily
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Nvm what i said about barkshield, it was coldshoulder proc but today i went pvp without any enchant and now i realize how useless barkshield really is.

I'm pretty sure they're not even looking at these as the focus is just on Weapon Enchantments, but on the subject of the armor ones, Barkshield and Soulforge both suffer from stat values that haven't been updated since, well, ever.

They both need an update to reflect the current average HP, or better yet they can bypass that whole issue and make them a % value. This way they won't fall foul of stat creep again. E.g. 1st layer of Bark blocks (say) 50% value of your HP & SF returns 25% of your HP on resurrection.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Nvm what i said about barkshield, it was coldshoulder proc but today i went pvp without any enchant and now i realize how useless barkshield really is.

I'm pretty sure they're not even looking at these as the focus is just on Weapon Enchantments, but on the subject of the armor ones, Barkshield and Soulforge both suffer from stat values that haven't been updated since, well, ever.

They both need an update to reflect the current average HP, or better yet they can bypass that whole issue and make them a % value. This way they won't fall foul of stat creep again. E.g. 1st layer of Bark blocks (say) 50% value of your HP & SF returns 25% of your HP on resurrection.
    I thought preciselly about SF capacity when i was trying barkshield, the boons that heal the player on hit, elven tranquility, enraged regrowth will refresh with soulforged but still there is no point unless the player can heal enough to take the hits. SF is the best in at least 80% of the cases in pve if it was made a growing chance reaching 100% at pure and decent healing cryptic would made lots of $$$$, there is a reason BIS players dont go over lesser soulforged.

• Options
    hugecromagnonhugecromagnon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So after considerable testing on my Sw that runs trans lightning. It now only ever procs once per cast of any skill. Prior to the patch I was seeing equal hits to procs for BoVA and Dread theft. Now one per target hit.
    This is quite disappointing because it makes it irrelevant for boss fights.
    Playing a temp HB SW where I don't have crit over over 50% with bondings, cause I need to focus on consistent damage rather than burst every 10 seconds, so there isn't really any weapon enchant that is a goto now if this change is WAI.

I'm only asking for dread theft in particular to trigger it each hit like it used to so is viable to heal with as well as provide it's buffs.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

armadeonx said:

I thought preciselly about SF capacity when i was trying barkshield, the boons that heal the player on hit, elven tranquility, enraged regrowth will refresh with soulforged but still there is no point unless the player can heal enough to take the hits. SF is the best in at least 80% of the cases in pve if it was made a growing chance reaching 100% at pure and decent healing cryptic would made lots of $$$$, there is a reason BIS players dont go over lesser soulforged.
    I beg to differ with regard to Soulforged. There is no reason for the Devs to increase or change the amount of HP provided as they have already made a solution available to the low HP restore on resureection problem. It has been available for a very long time. Originally, it was restricted to a fortunate few who got the required artifact as a drop in a DR Lair but is now much more widely available. Any player can set themselves up with a Lathander Set. You have to choose to miss out on other gear that gives you better stats for your class but in return you get healed for 50% or your maximum HP on resurrection along with a 10 sec buff to Recovery. If you're in a party, your allies also get healed by the same amount when you return, which gives them an incentive to save you :)

If SF were to be changed to provide more healing then it would make the Lathander Set obsolete. As it stands, players have the option of getting a Lathander Set to provide a better lifeline when things go pear-shaped. SF as it stands, gives a chance at survival if you get something wrong....but only a chance. You still have to move fast and get away to make it count. Increasing the HP it gives out would change it to a sure-fire safety net that would make dying in a fight a trivial annoyance, rather than a real problem.

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017

armadeonx said:

I agree the higher ranks of soulforge make little to no sense, but I don't think they should grant healing. It would be nice if it was some other utility effect such as damage immunity after soulforge, or maybe a constant passive while it is off cooldown for example:

When you fall in combat your Soulforged armor will resurrect you and heal you for X and Y every second for 3 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every Z seconds. If this effect has not happened in the last 75 seconds, your damage resistance is increased by J% and deflection chance by K%.

With a Transcendent effect of stunning everyone nearby when activated?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    It would be cool to have a reason for going transcendent
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @qexotic tbh i see little to no use of lathander now, it was a disapointment to me when the eye first came into the AH right after i droped it from arcane coffer -.-", it was merelly a matter of prestige to cary, little usefullness, the casses where having one justify the survival earned are GF's build exclusivly for tanking (lots of HP and 95/80% DR) since there is not much that any other enchant can do for those builds but now with valhala set even less reason there is to build defence to that point, tanks simply go with negation. The other class is HR since they need very little AP gain to work properlly, every other class will have prejudice from less ap gain and it's needed a huge outter source of it appart from the cloak to justify lathander set because other sets prevend death rather than adding a duck tape fix.

If soulforged was changed to a chance, being that chance 100% at pure + and heal of. let's say 20%+4%+4%+4%(10-2-2-2 in pvp) the lathander set would still mean the player being brought back with 70%/35% HP wich is a lot more but if it is not worth now it wouldn't be then and i really like the idea of lathander set increasing the chance of revival of a soulforged ^^ that would be an awesome incentive to have one.

• Options
    First of all, players shouldn't have to run a support class artifact set just to trigger their armor enchantment, that's just insane. If Lathander has no other use then the set needs looking at - perhaps even change it to trigger a soulforge like resurrection, enabling users to run a different enchantment?

The (12k) HP return on a trans SF was appx 40% of the players max HP at the time with the lesser being around 22%. This is and was the intention for the enchantment, to resurrect the player and heal them for a reasonable value of their max HP over a few seconds.

As the years have gone by these values have slipped and slipped. There's now almost no benefit to the player when given the choice between healing for 3% or 6% of their max HP so they may as well stick with the lesser.

The devs can make a choice as to what a fair % of HP value is for each rank of SF and maybe even extend the HoT from the current 3 seconds to say 10 secs? A Trans SF healing you for 40-50% of your max HP over 10 secs would be a worthy investment.

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    armadeonx said:

First of all, players shouldn't have to run a support class artifact set just to trigger their armor enchantment, that's just insane. If Lathander has no other use then the set needs looking at - perhaps even change it to trigger a soulforge like resurrection, enabling users to run a different enchantment?

But that's the thing, the Lathander Set doesn't trigger their armour enchantment in any way, shape or form. Quite the reverse as it is the armour enchantment that is one of the ways to trigger the set bonus. When you are revived from near death by another player, the Lathander Bonus triggers. If someone uses an Eye of Lathander to revive you from near death, the Lathander Bonus triggers. The SF revival is just the most widely used and known way to set it off. If you are in a party, the party also benefits from your revival when they get an HP boost. The other feature of the Lathander Set that has now been somewhat watered down through the use of VIP is immunity from injury. For those without VIP it is still useful and for people who take their characters over to the Preview Server it can come in handy as VIP doesn't operate on there.

I personally think that the SF enchant is fine exactly the way it is. You get a chance at surviving a killer blow if you can react fast enough after it happens and can get clear. That is really all that it needs to do. You have the option of boosting your survival chances by equipping yourself with a Lathander Set but this comes at a price. If the amount of hit points handed out on revival with just an SF enchant is increased, then it makes dying a trivial event that can largely be ignored. Who needs healing if you can't be permanently killed during a fight anyway ? >:)
    armadeonx said:

The devs can make a choice as to what a fair % of HP value is for each rank of SF and maybe even extend the HoT from the current 3 seconds to say 10 secs? A Trans SF healing you for 40-50% of your max HP over 10 secs would be a worthy investment.

If the devs did this, you would have people running Transcendant PF enchants with full Lathander Sets making them virtually indestructable...until the outcry convinced them to remove SF enchants altogether. Note, it would cause less trouble and player rage to remove a single enchant than to have a three piece artifact set taken out of circulation. For now, the best option is to change nothing in either set.
  • Options
    The funny thing is nobody had a problem with it when player HP was ~30k and the trans healed for 12k over 3 secs. That's 40% of your HP. This is back when NPC damage was moderate.

Given the current power of npc damage, if you take a hit whilst at below 60% HP you're pretty much guaranteed a death, whereas pre mod 6 you could still take a couple of hits.

The thing with Lathander is it's a support class set (power/recovery/defence) with no AP gain and the belt gives WIS/CHA which means it applies mostly to DCs. You never see DPS classes with it (for good reason) and these days DCs (& OPs) mostly need AP gain.

Even with a combination of the two (if SF was 40% over 10 secs) 10 seconds is a long time in a fight to regain 90% of your HP, especially since you retain aggro until actually dead or someone else comes along and pulls them off you.

* I can't see DPS classes switching to Lathander and giving up some dps stats, especially if they are running the orcus set.
    * If you need high survivability at the cost of other stats, regaining most of your health over 10 secs is actually pretty reasonable & is still no guarantee.
    * 40% was the intended stat when the enchantment was created and I believe it's a reasonable HP return for a Trans enchantment.
    * I see the whole Lathander + SF thing as a red herring as the only class remotely likely to do that is the DC and can anyone really complain about their party's DC being able to do this once every 75 secs? I mean, one cast of DG and my DC goes from low to max health over a few seconds anyway...

• Options
    hugecromagnonhugecromagnon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Can you please fix the lightning weapon "strike" mechanic if an encounter hits multiple times and can crit I see no reason why it shouldn't be procing the lightning weapon enchant. If you are serious about making other enchants competitive with vorpal/dread then you need to make non-crit builds comparable in damage or utility. Even if they must have a specific pet to work.
  • Options
    tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    What is uncap means for the Frost enchant with the damage reduction from 30% to 10%? Does it make a Pure Frost enchant better?
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    A question about plaguefire. Somehow this debuffs seems to be instable/inconsistent. MY cleric uses a pure PF.
    The stacks disappear in pretty short time , using some powers.
    We got so many stacking buffs and debuff, like rings of rinsing power etc, wich have no issues at all.
    But that plaguefire debuff is unstable since I entered this game...WHY?
    And why does it stack up to 5 sometimes, either my eyes are bad or I do not understand that debuff at all...
    Please take a look at it or give me a hint what I may have misunderstood.
  • Options
    @schietindebux

OK, our deadline for making changes for this module has hit, and I've managed to squeeze in two more things.

One is I finally got the Lightning chains to scale properly, which turned out to be a real beast for technical reasons I won't bore everyone with. But after a complete rebuild of the power, it all seems to work correctly now.

The other thing I did (based on asterdahl's suggestion) was tweak the stacking behavior for the Flaming WE DoT. It might be helpful for people to know more about this, so let me explain.
    * In the old days, each stack had its own timer and each would fall off when that timer ran out. So, for example, if you added a stack every second, and each one lasted 3 seconds, then the 3rd stack would fall off right about when you put on the 4th.
    * Then programmers added a flag to get RefreshDuration stacks. Whenever you add a stack, each existing stack gets its duration refreshed. So all the stacks will fall off as a group, not one by one. And once you are at max stacks, it's a lot easier to stay there. Mostly this is how we like to do stacking now, unless we have some special reason not to.

What I did was update the DoT to be of RefreshDuration type. It will be a lot easier to reach 3 stacks now, and a lot easier to maintain your stacks (there's still a stack limit of 3, just as before). Hopefully this will allow more characters to consider the Flaming WE. (Plague Fire got this same treatment.)

I mention this because there are almost certainly other places in the game where this "stacks fall off one by one" behavior is lingering. While I don't really want to go on a crusade to squelch every single one of them, if there are a few that are particularly bugging people we might be able to change them too. (There might be a some where we want to leave them with the old behavior, either for balance reasons or for some other weird reason I can't think of right now, so no promises!)

If you saw 5 stacks on the enemy either there is a unintended stacking or someone in your party/group has a same grade Plague and that plague was at 2 stacks or yours, about the early unstacking of plague i haven't noticed yet but i'll keep an eye open for that.

• Options

A question about plaguefire. Somehow this debuffs seems to be instable/inconsistent. MY cleric uses a pure PF.
    We got so many stacking buffs and debuff, like rings of rinsing power etc, wich have no issues at all.
    And why does it stack up to 5 sometimes, either my eyes are bad or I do not understand that debuff at all...

You were right, paladin, HR, GWF all are properlly stacking but DC can stack 4 times and stacks can degrade from 3 to 2, why? No idea.

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017

You were right, paladin, HR, GWF all are properlly stacking but DC can stack 4 times and stacks can degrade from 3 to 2, why? No idea.
    I have mentioned this multi stacking bug in the DC forums a couple times. It isn't exclusive to Plaguefire, or even weapon enchants. When testing it with old Terrifying Insight, I was able to get it to stack all the way to 11 (cap should be like 5). It however had no effect with Terrifying Insight, and was simply a visual bug. It may be the same here. Just because it says it stacked to 4, doesn't mean it actually did. As a matter of fact, just because it displays on your buff/debuff bar doesn't even mean it was applied. There is even a way to make Empowered Break the Spirit proc with a 0% buff. Just cuz the icon shows one thing, doesn't mean it's true.

I have seen dread stack up to 9 times involving multiple clerics, but I have never properly tested whether it actually acts like 9 stacks.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    binomialisbinomialis Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hi i just tested the Fey one. And here my result the damage buff what should i get from it is not stacking no matters how many target hitten by my encounter it always give me just one stack and just 18% damage buff instead o 3*18 if my encounter hit 3 enemies.

i used the preview server and the test greatsword just to clearly see what i said. I let stack the companion and i had 100% crit chance and i dont changed feats and talents under the test.

At the first picture i used darning shout to mark enemies and when his hp is fully restored i used the ibs there u can see my damage without the enchantment

https://puu.sh/uREzF/e56aeeeebd.jpg

For the second picture i equipped the T Feytouched enchantment use the darning shout that way it is only hittet 1 target dummie and proc my weapon enchantment it gives me my buff u can see the stack of it. and then used my ibs.

https://puu.sh/uRECX/9d14c8bb00.jpg

For the Third try use darning sout to hit all dummies it procced my enchantment but it still gives me just one stack of feytouched weapon. and then i used my ibs u can clearly see the damage is totaly the same amount when u should get more damage from my enchantment.

https://puu.sh/uREFG/15be2a0f49.jpg

I let the stack of enchantment expired between the second and the third picture and u can see the difference beetwen the first and the third try my damage output Is nearly +18% + the damage of the weaponenchantment instead of 54% +the enchantment damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @binomialis if you want to try powers/feats whatever remove everything you have equipped, i mean everything (getting 0 in all stats) , in your pictures the stuff that could change your damage is all alike so np but it would be more simply for you take all that stuff off, the tool tip may not be very explicative but it's supposed to be 18% not 54%.

• Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev

Hi,

Due to Mod 12 modification of tooltip on Bronzewood enchantement, in relation to the new debuff system, I've made few tests.

For information I post the New tooltip:
    Targets struck by your encounter powers become marked.
    While marked, your at will and encounter powers do 16% more damage to the targer.
    You and your allies also do 5% more damage and target's that are marked also 10% less damage to you.
    The duration of the Mark is 10 seconds and it has a 20 second cooldown.

I've play test with my HR without boons, stuff, feats and only the test weapons
    Enchant used: Transcendent Bronzewood Enchantement

So,
    The major part of the tooltip work as described. but:
    While marked, your at will and encounter powers do 16% more damage to the targer.
    doesn't work.

Part not tested:
    "target's that are marked also 10% less damage to you"

Thanks,
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    @terramak
    @rgutscheradev

New test done on Bronzewood enchantement with a TR this time (Release NW.85.20170612A.3)

Greater Bronzewood enchantment:
    your at will and encounter powers do 12% more damage to the targer

work fine

Transcendent Bronzewood enchantment:

Don't work
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Okay, preliminary thoughts on testing of:

Bilethorn
    Flaming
    Frost
    Plaguefire
    Lifedrinker

Test Class: TR

More detailed results/figures to possibly come later, thoughts upon testing for now.

Bilethorn:

Underwhelming.

That's really all I can say tbh. Like the pre-Mod11 era changes testing, in theory it should be good but somehow the damage/utility vs both mobs and Elites/Bosses just doesn't seem to be there.

AoE seems to be working as intended however. Smoke Bomb should proc. the enchantment IMO.

Flaming/Plaguefire:

I'll do these two together as they share a basic similarity.

While the improved damage for Flaming is decent, it still pales compared to PF and that itself still seems to be under performing in most situations. Still unsure as to whether damage itself is insufficient or debuffs need work.

Frost:

Proc. timer/Cooldown.

It needs further thought, something is missing and I don't know what atm. Damage-wise, seems acceptable, nothing spectacular but could use further tweaks only after effect CD issue is addressed.

Lifedrinker:

Thoughts got pretty specific so I relegated them here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1227238/general-opinions-on-weapon-enchanctment-changes?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+a64530abdacda50995e0fe9b7adf0a6bf7daa8c3+1499183366+hmacsha1

I feel like that may be the best path to take at this juncture with this enchantment. At least worth testing anyway.