test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170206a.5

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Known issue likely going live on 2/21:
  • "Clear the Docks" isn't enough to unlock the Traveling Merchant's store, despite the Merchant's message saying so. The player must also complete at least one level of the "Restore Commerce" task in order to access the store.

Module Overview:
Developer Blog - Upcoming Expansion Features

Please post on a relevant Official Feedback Thread, if one exists for the feature you've got feedback on!
Feedback Threads:
Official Feedback Thread: River District Introduction Quests
Official Feedback Thread: River District Zone
Official Feedback Thread: Cloaked Ascendancy Campaign
Official Feedback Thread: River District Rewards
Official Feedback Thread: Illusionist's Gambit
Official Feedback Thread: Weapon Enhancement Changes

Release Notes

Content and Environment
River District Zone and Instances
  • Audio for all new content should now be complete.
  • Leaving an instanced map now removes the portal stone used to get in.
  • Leaving a vault now prevents the player from returning for 1 hour.
  • Nostura is no longer incorrectly referred to as an Archfey in certain places.
  • Players can no longer become stuck in shields when Heroic Encounters spawn around them.
  • Various typos have been addressed.
Illusionist's Gambit
  • Players are no longer shown that they've won Gold rank when they've really won Bronze or Silver.
Spellplague Caverns (Master)
  • Players can no longer drop out of combat mode during the encounter with Nostura.
  • Stone Eye Nothic: The Stone Gaze power no longer refreshes the petrification effect on players who are already petrified via Kavatos' Mirror.
Dungeons, Trials, and Skirmishes
  • Svardborg (Master) now properly gives completion for the Hero's Challenge weekly quest.

Combat and Powers
Boons (Cloaked Ascendancy)
  • Vision of Beyond: This buff may no longer be rolled indefinitely. When the buff ends, it will remain inactive for at least 10 seconds.

Enemies and Allies
General
  • Kabal's minions no longer explode in Green Flame. They will now die the way they lived, in standard orange flame.

Items and Economy
Bounty Stores update
  • The Spy Catcher contest in Blackdagger Ruins now properly awards Blackdagger currency.
River District Items
  • Artifact Weapons: The Mirage set bonus now properly deals its extra damage to shielded enemies.
  • Fragmented Key of Stars: This now shows the correct sigil at all ranks.
Cloaked Ascendancy Campaign
  • A placeholder "Bonus Progress" item no longer appears to be given from strongboxes.
  • The campaign vendor no longer incorrectly has two Lifeforged Maces for sale.
Enchantments, Enhancements, and Runestones
  • Frost: The additional effects added at the Pure and Transcendent ranks now properly last 10 seconds.
  • Holy Avenger (Transcendent): The buffed Radiant damage no longer incorrectly remains for 45 seconds.
  • Plague Fire: The damage resistance debuff applied by this enchantment can now properly reapply when the player is constantly attacking an enemy.
  • Terror (Pure, Transcendent): The damage resistance reduction effect now properly reapplies in all cases.
  • Terror: The root effect now properly respects its indicated cooldown.

User Interface
Inventory
  • Items from the Useful Items tab, once placed in the bank, are no longer incorrectly moved back to the player's Useful Items tab whenever the player changes maps.

Localization
General
  • The final localization pass is complete for the Cloaked Ascendancy's release, covering French, German, Italian, and Russian languages.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @terramak Please fix plant growth. No Dev will even acknowledge that this power is still broken. The 2 second delay is in unbearable.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure about the audio. When I walked up to Kavatos in the River District, the text had no audio.

Beware the Green Flame. That's how it always begins...very small.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    The delay on Plant Growth is acknowledged, but I cannot give an estimated fix timeline.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @terramak Thank you, just don't want the bug to get lost in time.
  • chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    BUG: Frost
    Debuff does not reapply until you dont leave combat.
    Drider
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

MOD 11 release will include the dc changes?

"This thread is being posted in advance to putting the changes up on the Preview Shard, so now is the time to give feedback on the proposed changes."

DC changes is the build they will put on preview AFTER Feb 21.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Can we get a change in the queue system so DPS DCs and DPS GFs can queue as DPS, so we will not get 5 DPS in public queue?

That is absurdly pointless. Conquerors and Righteous players can tank and heal in PUGs just fine. Last thing we need are bad ones filling up a dps slot and make the run even more miserably slow.

Confirmed -- Kavatos' text "The River District is not yet secure." has no audio.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

Can we get a change in the queue system so DPS DCs and DPS GFs can queue as DPS, so we will not get 5 DPS in public queue?

That is absurdly pointless. Conquerors and Righteous players can tank and heal in PUGs just fine. Last thing we need are bad ones filling up a dps slot and make the run even more miserably slow.

No, the forum GFs say DPS GFs can't tank. They flamed me for saying otherwise. :p They do not want to tank at all, let them run as DPS. GF is a Fighter, not a tank.....
    the changes will show who can get double damages (KC) Without 100% Immunity.
  • srathkeysrathkey Member Posts: 9 Arc User

This is false. You can stay in combat, you just have to attack a different mob. Then you can attack the original mob and the debuff will apply again. This is most likely still a bug though.
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Ty for this update , had been waiting for this.. all of the enchants are working fine now
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    You have some people freaking out with the edis to info about the Mark Drop rate.. is it still 3x as often drops or what? http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1227564/module-11-preview-rolling-patch-notes-updated-2017-02-17

It;s changed to "significantly increased".
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    srathkey said:

This is false. You can stay in combat, you just have to attack a different mob. Then you can attack the original mob and the debuff will apply again. This is most likely still a bug though.
    Seems it also works correctly if you attack just the same target. Note: I did not check the debuff effect just the debuff icon.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Flaming, plaguefire and bilethorn WEs are still not taking RI into account. Flaming and Bile are useless compared to other WEs, Plague is a maybe but just b/c of the debuff. It was reported weeks ago and no fix. I am sad.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Not happy to see that some of the issues I reported (in the campaign feedback thread) are still present, but ah...well...let's hope they get fixed at some point after M11 goes live.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    terramak said:

The delay on Plant Growth is acknowledged, but I cannot give an estimated fix timeline.

This is really bad. It's our main damaging power and it's not working properly since a long time.... Imagine IBS or Icy terrain having a 2-3 seconds delay.... the forum would burn up...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

No, the forum GFs say DPS GFs can't tank. They flamed me for saying otherwise. :p They do not want to tank at all, let them run as DPS. GF is a Fighter, not a tank.....
    DPS tanks can tank almost everything. May struggle with Orcus but that's it. This after going into several dungeons with a DPS tank in our guild.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    We will see how many can tank without aa immunity. The good ones will press on, the others will most likely respec.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    @terramak

are the servers getting upgraded before this goes live?

The servers have been beyond disgusting stability wise since the last x2 events (x2 rp and x2 exp) even though i have upgraded my connection from 17mbps ADSL2 / 1mbps to 80mbps down 20mbps

isssues i didnt have before are now interfereing with things where you wouldnt expect lag/rubber banding/stalling

etos / kr (for example)

not sure whats going on your end but heaven help us if you plan on putting more software on a server not F.F.P
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Belatedly, regarding the change to the mark drop rate: There's no functional difference between the times I posted "3x" and the time I posted "significantly," I just chose to change the wording on the patch notes.

Regarding the servers, there are various things contributing to it. It's probably not a hardware issue, we'll probably need to look into it as an optimization issue first. Certain player behavior can also sometimes negatively affect server performance, e.g. back when we had a power designed in a way that it could have a near-infinite damage loop, or effects that exponentially increase depending on the number of friendlies / enemies in the area, using that power would contribute to poor server performance.

(This is not to say that players should feel responsible for how our servers perform, unless they're explicitly and maliciously using something that they know causes slowdown. And even then, it's on us to fix, but finding the causes of those issues can be challenging. Thanks for calling out examples of maps where it's recently been happening.)

In addition, there have been various connection instability issues that we've been working on diagnosing, but I believe those have mostly been affecting the Xbox and PS4™ versions of the game.
    Just my $0.02, but from a connection standpoint what drives me really batty is the timeout to the login server when switching alts. It happens really often, and I'm running on 150/150 Verizon FIOS (optical fiber).
  • shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    i'm having the same issue every hour or so if im switching characters or entering dungeons it will try to load for between a minute or two before disconnecting, this has been an issue since christmas and with each event after making it slightly worse. on a similar note the artifacting issue is also getting worse at some points it becomes unplayable with a screen constisting of nothing but white blocks and red screen
This discussion has been closed.