Options

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170206a.5

13»

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    terramak said:

Lotsa discussion on the roles of classes - Not something I'm going to be able to address in here.

@adinosii and others:
    Regarding the Loadouts buttons still being present on the Preview shard: Hopefully this won't happen on the live shard,

But guess what @terramak .... it did. In the upper left corner of the character screen.

I would not be surprised to see the weird loadout messages the next time I use a power point either.

There is another much bigger issue, however.

The small HEs (rituals) are completely broken, as you may get stuck at "Defeat the reinforcements (3/7)" or something like that, but no enemies show up and you cannot finish.

I fave a few observations that may help in tracking this down, but it is by far the most serious issue I found last night.

I was able to observe this on 3 occasions with Gyrion's ritual and once with Kabal's. Did not check Nostura's out, but would not be surprised if it appeared there too.

If I did the HE solo, or with another player standing right next to me, everything worked fine.

If I did the HE in a larger group (5+), we would get the problem described above.

I am not 100% certain, but it might be that the reinforcements show up, but the kills just don't get counted. Is it possible this happens if some kills happen too far away from some of the players and they don't hit them at all?

The large HEs do not have any issues - I did the one at the docks twice, and each of the other once, with a 4-20 man group. No problems.

One observation:

The player-per-instance limit seems a bit high - I am spending far too much of my time running around, looking for something to kill. Suggest lowering the limit by 5 or so.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I spent a bit (well, a lot) of time on the new campaign last night, doing the quests and testing just about everything I could. I only found one issue, but it is pretty big.

@terramak, I'm sorry, but the small HEs (rituals) are broken. Almost completely broken, as you may get stuck at "Defeat the reinforcements (3/7)" or something like that. No enemies show up, and you cannot complete.

I observed this three times at Gyrion's and once at Kabal. I do not know if the same happens at Nostura's, but I suspect it might. Other players in /zone or on guild chat observed the same thing, but reported something like 0/7 or 6/7.

When I was able to do the HE solo, everything worked just fine, and once when I did a HE with one other player we were able to complete it without issues, but every time I did the HE with a large group (5+) that was spread all over the area, it would fail. Now, I am not 100% certain, but it felt to me that the reinforcements actually spawned - the kills just didn't count. Is it possible that this happens if they are killed too far away from where you are standing, or if they get killed without you hitting them? The one time when I was able to finish the HE with someone else, we were standing right next to each other the whole time.

Another thing - the large HEs do not have this problem - I did the one at the docks twice and the others once each - everything was fine.

This is a pretty big issue, as the HEs are a really nice way to complete the daily task.

There is one other thing you might want to adjust.

The player-per-instance is a bit high. The effect is that most things get killed quickly and you spend a lot of time just riding around, looking for something to kill. I suggest lowering the max by 5 or so.

Apart from that, it's just the non-working Loadout code, reported above - I did finish the initial set of quests last night - took about 5 hours to get to the point where I just had the quests to Investigate X" left, but that included several skirmish runs and the HEs mentioned above. Everything else worked just fine.
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • Options
    Regarding the loadout, I would not be surprised to see the weird loadout messages the next time I use a power point either - but I didn't have a power point available to test that.

There is another much bigger issue, however.

The small HEs (rituals) are completely broken, as you may get stuck at "Defeat the reinforcements (3/7)" or something like that, but no enemies show up and you cannot finish.

I have a few observations that may help in tracking this down, but it is by far the most serious issue I found last night.

I was able to observe this on 3 occasions with Gyrion's ritual and once with Kabal's. Did not check Nostura's out, but would not be surprised if it appeared there too.

If I did the HE solo, or with another player standing right next to me, everything worked fine.

If I did the HE in a larger group (5+), we would get the problem described above.

I am not 100% certain, but it might be that the reinforcements show up, but the kills just don't get counted. Is it possible this happens if some kills happen too far away from some of the players and they don't hit them at all?

The large HEs do not have any issues - I did the one at the docks twice, and each of the other once, with a 4-20 man group. No problems.

One observation:

The player-per-instance limit seems a bit high - I am spending far too much of my time running around, looking for something to kill. Suggest lowering the limit by 5 or so.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I've heard that the instance cap was 50 and has been lowered to 30, but cannot independently verify.

I actually didn't make it through all the intro last night because I got too distracted, so I had no idea about the 50-player limit. I don't think the game can handle that very well anywhere. It struggles with 40.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Large HE's do have problems i was doing kabal one and it got stuck in the last wave, we were about 7 players.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @terramak - guess what - once I got a power point, it turned out the other buggy loadout issue was present, just as I suspected:

• Options

I've heard that the instance cap was 50 and has been lowered to 30, but cannot independently verify.

That does indeed seem to be the case, so that issue is fixed. It was a pain to run around with 49 other players...just trying to find something to kill....it's much, much better now.
  • Options
    And yes....bad news.

I am withdraing my statement that the big HEs are working fine. They are just as broken - You may get stuck in defeating the reinforcements there too... no monsters appearing or their kills don't count - just had this happen with Gyrion's

If at all possible, try to track this one down soon.
  • Options
    hahagotyehahagotye Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Off-topic, can we have the unrestored relic weapons in the mission that gives them again if we discarded them please?
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    No.....
    That would give players infinite rp potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    crazybibcrazybib Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

No.....

Yeah sure,
    even if the price to restore them is higher (lanolin, dragon moult,...) than directly upgrading your weapon with regular rp. Big exploit coming -_-
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Well, the queue HAS TO be made to accept GF and DC as DPS, if that is what they choose. These are facts on the ground, GF is a DPS class now, DC has been for a long time. You can not force them to play support, but they will still queue in.

Do you have notion how long it takes to get in FBI in a dps class pugging? 3 hours sometimes more and you want to put classes doing what they were not originally mean to do? Fine, i always wanted to be the main healer as temptation warlock.
    Exactly so. If a class has a good heal build (SW) but not a 'healer class' they should be able to queue as one, otherwise why have it as a path choice?

Fixing/updating the unused/non-standard feat paths on all classes and enabling people to queue as their role instead of their class would make for a very interesting pug system.

GWF Sentinel tank that gets Temp Health like a Paladin? SW lifesteal based group healer? etc etc, interesting stuff.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Is anyone else having problems in "clearing the docks mission?" it's not enabling the vendor.

• Options

No.....

Unrestored?! All I can say is lol. Artifact equipment doesn't work as feeders, and a green artifact item into another is 6k RP max. Not worth a bajillion turtle moults and all that other junk.

This is a terrible objection. A joke.

I'm not sure the devs would go for letting your replace the items for free if you tossed them, but maybe it should be possible to buy a replacement with a few days of campaign currency, and only if the game sees you don't have a set. (And having a store check your inventory to determine if it shows you an item is possible in NW.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    terramak said:

Known issue likely going live on 2/21:

• "Clear the Docks" isn't enough to unlock the Traveling Merchant's store, despite the Merchant's message saying so. The player must also complete at least one level of the "Restore Commerce" task in order to access the store.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.