test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key and Useful Items for Preview

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

hastati96 said:

Is it possible to get legendary mounts in dungeons?

Nope

How do you know that? You are not a dev neither a producer o.o
    Because the devs said no legendary - only up to epic.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Does it still take 19 hours to make a key?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    wait a sec gambit gauntlet just changed appearance on its own awesome was gold and red then turned black
    target set on pirate hat the picaroon black ice glowing boots for transmute :smiley:
  • venuslightheartvenuslightheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User

Thanks for the update MK, Now on to a few questions

Chest Reward Table Changes
    Dungeon chest Reward table changes for our existing endgame Epic dungeon key and Campaign key chests have been rebuilt to give out rewards, more varied and more often. This applies to all endgame PvE queued content: Epic Dungeons, Skirmishes, and Trials.
    * We’ve significantly increased the chances of the very rarest rewards (Artifacts, Legendary Rings).
    ** These items are still very rare, but they are much more common than before.
    Jerrod Glint’s Caveat: We understand that, long term, this may lower the Astral Diamond value of some of these items in the Auction House. But we felt that giving players a better chance to get these items was more important than maintaining high Auction House prices on them.

* There’s a chance to get one of the new dungeon-specific items (see below for details on those).
    * There’s also a chance to get a random artifact, artifact equipment, companion, mount, or miscellaneous item (including a chance to get some extra keys!), taken from an extremely large list of existing items from throughout the history of Neverwinter.
    ** There will be a higher chance to get one of these items in dungeons, skirmishes, or trials that take longer to complete.
    ** These items will be Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), or Epic (purple).

1. One of the trust issues we have is the use of obscure terms like "significantly" could you give us the exact was this % chance and is now this % chance
    2. Publishing the loot table and % chance of each reward group
    3. Can you please provide a list of the "miscellaneous items"

What’s NOT going to drop? Well, we didn’t want things that players earned by doing some specific special task to be given away randomly. So a small number of items like the Yeti (specific in-game task), Silverback Bear (Foundry reward), and Angel of Protection (long-term Vault of Piety reward) are not going to be eligible.

Could be addressed with the list of "Miscellaneous Rewards", is opening lock box's classed as a specific in game task. basically are things like Companion upgrade tokens , Coalesant wards , Bonding runestones , companion equipment now in the loot tables.
    I concur,
    E.G. We should be provided with some type of proof. Many of us is aware overtime, the loot tables and RNG has been reduce. Many of us notice. When UNDERDARK Mod came out, the Underdark rings were dropping like crazy in POM, Throne, Demonic HE, Ndemo, and Edemo. As time progress, the loot has change several times. +5 Rings was plentiful, now it very rare.

So, restoring to previous loot table is not consider real change or even slight increase over previous loot table.

It is like going to Retailer to buy clothes, electronics, etc.. You gradually raise the prices on the products. Afterward, give a big sale on the items disguising it as your getting good deal. This is often a trick for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. In many cases, you are not getting

Show us there is some Truth to your changes to the Loot Table. Otherwise, IF YOU DECIDE to MISLEAD us, You will lose more players which means less income and money to your Coffers. You have made poor decision in the past causing lost of players.

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User

Thanks for the update MK, Now on to a few questions

Chest Reward Table Changes
    Dungeon chest Reward table changes for our existing endgame Epic dungeon key and Campaign key chests have been rebuilt to give out rewards, more varied and more often. This applies to all endgame PvE queued content: Epic Dungeons, Skirmishes, and Trials.
    * We’ve significantly increased the chances of the very rarest rewards (Artifacts, Legendary Rings).
    ** These items are still very rare, but they are much more common than before.
    Jerrod Glint’s Caveat: We understand that, long term, this may lower the Astral Diamond value of some of these items in the Auction House. But we felt that giving players a better chance to get these items was more important than maintaining high Auction House prices on them.

* There’s a chance to get one of the new dungeon-specific items (see below for details on those).
    * There’s also a chance to get a random artifact, artifact equipment, companion, mount, or miscellaneous item (including a chance to get some extra keys!), taken from an extremely large list of existing items from throughout the history of Neverwinter.
    ** There will be a higher chance to get one of these items in dungeons, skirmishes, or trials that take longer to complete.
    ** These items will be Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), or Epic (purple).

1. One of the trust issues we have is the use of obscure terms like "significantly" could you give us the exact was this % chance and is now this % chance
    2. Publishing the loot table and % chance of each reward group
    3. Can you please provide a list of the "miscellaneous items"

What’s NOT going to drop? Well, we didn’t want things that players earned by doing some specific special task to be given away randomly. So a small number of items like the Yeti (specific in-game task), Silverback Bear (Foundry reward), and Angel of Protection (long-term Vault of Piety reward) are not going to be eligible.

Could be addressed with the list of "Miscellaneous Rewards", is opening lock box's classed as a specific in game task. basically are things like Companion upgrade tokens , Coalesant wards , Bonding runestones , companion equipment now in the loot tables.
    I concur,
    E.G. We should be provided with some type of proof. Many of us is aware overtime, the loot tables and RNG has been reduce. Many of us notice. When UNDERDARK Mod came out, the Underdark rings were dropping like crazy in POM, Throne, Demonic HE, Ndemo, and Edemo. As time progress, the loot has change several times. +5 Rings was plentiful, now it very rare.

So, restoring to previous loot table is not consider real change or even slight increase over previous loot table.

It is like going to Retailer to buy clothes, electronics, etc.. You gradually raise the prices on the products. Afterward, give a big sale on the items disguising it as your getting good deal. This is often a trick for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. In many cases, you are not getting

Show us there is some Truth to your changes to the Loot Table. Otherwise, IF YOU DECIDE to MISLEAD us, You will lose more players which means less income and money to your Coffers. You have made poor decision in the past causing lost of players.

One more that will have the comment erased as mine was, it seems to me that they do not like reading the truth behind their own actions. It is sad to see a game with so much potential turn to each module that passes a "lobby without visitors". And with new IPs coming on the market things tend to worsen MUCH MORE.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    One concern I have is in regarding superior mark drops in MSVA. Are the drop rates improved with this patch? If not, it's going to be just awful trying to farm for those after this change.

Even more awfuler than now.

Unless people plan on absolutely draining their ad completely dry, it'd be hard to run it more than once a day from grinding the reputation alone, and you could run that thing once a day and not get the marks you need in 8 or 10 months.

I can appreciate that kind of dedication from players, but, if that is the intent, you should really start a non-profit to help make sure those people are eating...
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I came here to comment the same as @sirjimbofrancis regarding mSVA. FBI will be rough farming relic armor but you can farm voninblood for the keys if needed. To farm those legendary marks though? I'm concerned about that, the bulk of the community does not have time to farm for 3 keys everyday to run the trial once. Based on the drop rate it will be so difficult for most to acquire I can envision giving up on it entirely.

I like these changes, they are all very nice and helpful. The new gear offers interesting options, more salvage or transmutes and the "key ring" is great. Farming those marks though? Ugh.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    I think these changes do not make farming worthwhile, they just add more chances at something to your daily runs. Are dungeons not meant to be farmed?
  • abaddon#8285 abaddon Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

@lordseth1985 don't judge by other ppl notes - try it for yourself

There we have it, a scare news that look really cool on paper and we still have those who are just unhappy with EVERYTHING.
    1st we all HAMSTER because loot is terribad, now we HAMSTER because it's NOT like we want it to be.

FFS people...

'drops mike'

i really dont wanna download 18 gigabites just to play on preview ;(
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    The changes seems to be nothing but positive. New gear and drops sounds awesome. Also key ring. Great job!

I am missing however a way to see any point in buying Legendary Dragon Keys from now. They will most likely result in a guaranteed loss of AD from what I can compile out of this. Would be nice if those chest could contain something sellable to make it worth the purchase. Maybe consider things dropped from those key unbound?

Also curious about what you mean by 'significant' increase of drop rates. An increase from 0,02% chance to 0,03% chance is a 50% increase, which is more then significant in many ways, but I guess we will never know.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    First, thanks for the detailed, transparent response. Nice to see you guys move in the right direction with regards to the player community.

Second, any chance you'll add PvP specific items or simply allow us to add tenacity to pve gear?

Third, in general, I think you guys are missing an opportunity with armor. It'd be nice to customize our own armor. Add different types of infusions (black ice, lanolin, etc) or use masterworking to create different sorts of additional kits.

a) I'd like to have a generic piece of armor that has X number of total stat points, and based on how I craft it, I can distribute those stats anyway I'd like

b) Have my existing armor, but have the ability to add better/additional kits.

c) Consider the Mount type interface for armors/weapons...let me select which set bonus I want, what stats I want, what transmutes I want, and the armor changes to that...we'd have to unlock them like the mounts, but in that way we don't lose our hard found transmutes and dyes when we upgrade equipment. I used to have tomahawks on my ranger from an event that is never run anymore...sad panda that I lose those when I upgraded from elemental fire to twisted.

Regardless, one thing lacking in the game is the ability to be different (other than transmutes). All items are basically the same and lack a 'unique to me' feel.
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • snakedssnakeds Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Why does CN chest that requires Greater Demonic Key to open still give a +1 ring? >.<
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    So what the various miscellaneous rewards - Vault of Piety, profession nodes, overflow XP, etc. Will these be addressed or ignored?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

Ive run about 20 dungeons on preview now and from what i have seen its meh.
    Yes there is some new funky stuff and u can now get some companions from running but what i and loads of other ppl would have liked to see is smth not RNG related. PLS upgrade the normal loot u get from extra chests.
    I still lose 22k AD everytime i take the CN chest with a dragonkey 90% of the time.
  • silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Good update. I dont know if youve (Mimic) played the older mods (namely mod 4-5) but I would encourage you to do so. This will ensure you fully understand how a working loot system is supposed to go. It was flawless. Everything was essentially unbound unless you equipped it. That led to an influx of players farming. Newsflash: not every person wants to be best in slot. Alot of players want wealth. Therefore theyll farm for drops. These drops will be sold on the AH to the players who only care about item level. Theyll buy zen with real money. Perfect. I dont see how your team doesnt understand that. Players shouldnt be punished for wanting good gear (which is how it feels now). RNG was present back then too but you could trade for the pieces you needed! Everyone was happy until Mod 6. Please rethink this. I can personally tell you id spend some $ on a plus five brutality. id also run FBI nonstop to get gear drops to sell.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    http://prnt.sc/drx6g5 what the ?

http://prnt.sc/drx1ki what the ?

ALL this time you developed what here? my key will get consume for this garbage?
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    The issue with the key nerf was RNG! Not the variety, but the RNG itself! Have the developers learned nothing? Seriously, this is garbage. I've ran FBI twenty times and the best item I got was a T2 chest piece, 6k salvage value! All that grinding, and that's my best reward? And who knows the % chance for the relic gear, you'd have to go to a blacklisted site to get an idea, but it's not pretty. I'm so done with this game. Keep your HAMSTER loot, FF14 is where I'm headed.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

http://prnt.sc/drx6g5 what the ?

http://prnt.sc/drx1ki what the ?

ALL this time you developed what here? my key will get consume for this garbage?

Players were somewhat intrigued by the "cursed" or quirky items introduced in Stronghold HEs, though I would remind the devs that HE rewards don't cost anything to open. (BTW, can we please get the SH HE epic drops changed to this new type of binding? BtC on the wrong character sucks. TYVM)

Ugh... I think I just inadvertently made a point in favour of HEs. Sorry.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User

And the same have other 4 members of myparty. NICE!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I fail to see why anyone would buy Keys for this loot...

This will shorten the life of all dungeons and, since we still have a wide variety of keys, will make even hard to get a party for dungeons...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017

For anyone missing the sarcasm, this looks like exactly the same sad junk as ever. This looks like it could be loot from

Underdark skirmish
    Lostmauth
    Kessel
    Tuern
    Epic Spider
    Castle Never

Of course using a bonus key in each. About half that without the bonus key.

It might help the devs understand if you provided a list of exactly what content you ran, how long it took, and what you would reasonably expect that loot to be worth.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User

For anyone missing the sarcasm, this looks like exactly the same sad junk as ever. This looks like it could be loot from

Underdark skirmish
    Lostmauth
    Kessel
    Tuern
    Epic Spider
    Castle Never

Of course using a bonus key in each. About half that without the bonus key.

It might help the devs understand if you provided a list of exactly what content you ran, how long it took, and what you would reasonably expect that loot to be worth.

Nah man, they listened to the feedback... which is why instead of better RNG, we get old mounts/companions and some new epics with 2k power and some gimmick buff/debuff. This is totally worth the time and effort!
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

pls tell me when will running dungeons give us more then fishing and doing maps again?.
    Is this game really only about fishing?
    sad :(